AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-03-05, 13:59   Link #201
spav
Wavemaster

Glad that I'm not the only confused by ep 7's aspect ratio.
spav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-05, 23:33   Link #202
corp20
Internet God

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudman
I use a 16:9 display, so I noticed the weird size straight away. Seems they used an odd resolution for that one when compared to the rest. I just forced the aspect ratio for playback and it looked fine after that.
Damn it. I feel so stupid. I didn't even think of doing THAT!!!!! I deleted it off my hard dive. Now I have to redownload the eps. Stupid me.

Edit: Should I redownload it or wait for a version 2 to come out, if they do a version 2?
corp20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-08, 19:18   Link #203
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Well...

ep.9 gives a little insight into Mikuri's past... and a little development on Mone... but otherwise I'd consider it a filler episode...

and the dialogue was pretty ecchi this episode. =D

P.S. Bunny suits... for those with interesting hobbies (cough*fetish*cough)

OK... I'll try to keep it short:
Spoiler:

Now...

Questions:

What the heck did Nate sense at the end of the episode when she turned around?

Is there another Mone, who is unconscious somewhere?

Why does everyone look so serious in the episode preview?

?! The insane teacher has something for Mikuri?!
eMpTy265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 14:26   Link #204
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

well, I think at the end it's someone like Mone but in Miko dress... is she at outer space? I guess that could be a split personality for Mone?
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-14, 12:16   Link #205
User13971
Inactive Member

Question How now Ep 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
well, I think at the end it's someone like Mone but in Miko dress... is she at outer space? I guess that could be a split personality for Mone?
Please forgive my ignorance, but how have you been able to view Ep-09 already? It's not listed on the BT yet.

I find it worrysome, as well, that it's been almost twice as long an interval between 8 and 9 as between any other 2 sequential episodes. Has AJ given up on it?
User13971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-14, 13:35   Link #206
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kai
I find it worrysome, as well, that it's been almost twice as long an interval between 8 and 9 as between any other 2 sequential episodes. Has AJ given up on it?
I wouldn't jump to any conclusions yet - there's no reason to believe that AJ has given up on it. The episodes will come out when they're ready.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2004-03-15 at 15:00.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-14, 16:10   Link #207
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by kai
Please forgive my ignorance, but how have you been able to view Ep-09 already? It's not listed on the BT yet.

actually, I watched a chinese fansub. Just finished episode 10, and the plot really picks up (sorta expected since there are only 4 episodes left)

Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-14, 19:36   Link #208
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Finally got around to watch the first episode from AF-F & Seichi (so I don't have AJ ruining it for me), and I really like it a lot
Lots of cute girls (except for that Nanase broad who is just lame), and the main male character is very likeable as well. I generally like "Harem-type" anime already, and this is clearly one of the better ones!
Also very nice job from AF-F & Seichi with the editing and t/ling! Well done, guys!
Mone mone ne!
Lina Inverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 15:56   Link #209
7thMethuselah

good to see more people discovering this great anime
It only gets better because another ultra cute characters gets introduced in the next episodes (Neneko-chan) and you're right, Nanase is a bit lame but hey we can't have it all I guess, Btw keep your eyes on the teacher he's freaking hilarious as well

... sigh, if only epi 9 would be released by now ...
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 19:12   Link #210
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
good to see more people discovering this great anime
It only gets better because another ultra cute characters gets introduced in the next episodes (Neneko-chan) and you're right, Nanase is a bit lame but hey we can't have it all I guess, Btw keep your eyes on the teacher he's freaking hilarious as well
Yeah, the teacher is thoroughly messed up
Saw the 2nd ep now as well and just started getting the 3rd which just came out today! (hint for anyone who didn't know it yet)
It's really getting better and better!
Old 2004-03-16, 19:55   Link #211
dreamless

I think AJ already has episode 8 available...
Old 2004-03-16, 22:09   Link #212
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
I think AJ already has episode 8 available...
If you value quality at all, you'll avoid AJ like the plague
Old 2004-03-17, 11:26   Link #213
eMpTy265
<unranked>

looks like A-Keep's going to join the pack... yay...

About Chinese fansubs:

They seem to be the fastest subs around... usually they'll have their subs up within 12-24 hours of the RAW, which is pretty nice.

Makes me wonder... do any of the english subbing groups actually wait for the chinese subs, and then sub it to english?

N E WayZ...

On the plot

Spoiler:

Oh a side note: How the heck was Nanase able to stow her hair away in the helmet... I guess it's a thing with Japanese hair accessories... they probably have a multi-dimension pocket installed in them...
eMpTy265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 13:16   Link #214
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMpTy265
looks like A-Keep's going to join the pack... yay...

About Chinese fansubs:

They seem to be the fastest subs around... usually they'll have their subs up within 12-24 hours of the RAW, which is pretty nice.

Makes me wonder... do any of the english subbing groups actually wait for the chinese subs, and then sub it to english?

I think that would be bad practice. Its hard enough translating Japanese because all the contextual meanings can be interpreted in different ways. So some of the dialogue may get "lost in translation" so to say, and if you translate a translated version then there will be an increase in lost material. I would be interested if any groups actually do this though.
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 13:51   Link #215
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMpTy265
About Chinese fansubs:

Certain groups do that with older anime... They get the HK bootlegs and get Chinese-English translators to translate them since Japanese translators tend to be in shorter supply (this is much more frequent in manga scanlations though). And HK bootlegs themselves tend to do that too, for their English subs. However I don't think any English group actually rips off a Chinese fansub group and translates from that though (or maybe there are...)
Old 2004-03-18, 18:35   Link #216
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

I have a question, how's release is the best so far?
I am not talking about speed, but rather the type of fonts/colors they use for subtitles,
translation accuracy and most importantly to me, video/audio quality.
I was wondering because a-keep's is very low in file size compared to the rest.
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-19, 02:32   Link #217
Za Paper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiDusk
I have a question, how's release is the best so far?
I am not talking about speed, but rather the type of fonts/colors they use for subtitles,
translation accuracy and most importantly to me, video/audio quality.
Havent seen a-keeps version but Seichi AF-F is good for translation accuracy. They use a bright readable font and color coordinate when different characters speak. I prefer smaller file sizes but I cant comment on picture quality because I'm not an encoder.
Za Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-19, 06:41   Link #218
drvtech

I'd like to thank Za Paper for the vote of confidence in AF-F and Seichi's version. But I'm far from perfect and sometimes make mistakes. I have been informed of one mistake in ep1 ^^;;;;;;; but hopefully there might not be more. I'll do my best and bug my coworkers for help. It's kind of nice to have Japanese fluent co-workers...shame their English isn't good and we have to converse in Japanese/Chinese.
drvtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-19, 07:26   Link #219
lamer_de

Quote:
A-Keeps version is "only" 704x396, compared to 856x480 of seichi. Aj uses all raws they can get, so their res ranges from 704x396 to 856x480.

The reason why I decided to go with a smaller filesize and a smaller resolution is simple. The high resolution might look cool, but doesn't brings additional details. If you're bored, dl the keep version, load it in virtualdub, video->filters->resize, choose bicubic or lanczos as resizer and enter 856x480 as new size. If you can spot significant differences in the detail level (like missing rocks, dust, grass, leaves etc), you have better eyes than I do, cause I did this prior encoding and couldn't spot a difference :P. Btw, the raw I worked with had 856x480 res aswell. I wish they'd broadcast HDTV over here too.
Those huge resolutions need a quite fast computer to be played back smoothly aswell.
My third reason to choose this resolution was the one that I believe fansubs should not be treated as a commercial substitute (at least not too a great extent ), so using higher resolutions than the DVD might offer is one reason less to buy the dvd.

CU,
lamer_de
Old 2004-03-19, 07:44   Link #220
Ledgem
Love Yourself

I think that the Anime-Keep version is very nice; AKeep was losing quality pretty badly during that period of time when they seemed to be doing every single series in existence, but I'm happy to see that they're returning to their past levels now. In terms of the resolutions sizes, it doesn't make much of a difference so much as the quality of the raw encode itself. You can have a 1024 raw that looks like crap and a 640 raw that's sharp with awesome color levels. For me, it really doesn't matter because they all get stretched to fullscreen proportions; the higher-res episodes SHOULD lose less quality in the stretching, but if the quality of the smaller res episode is higher, then you won't lose much either.

I'll say personally that I wouldn't feel like people were receiving a bad version of Yumeria in watching Anime-Keep's version. Don't get hung up on the groups and perfection so much - it's a funny series, and whether you watch our version or A-Keep's (or AJ's), hopefully you're enjoying it ^^ Also, as Lamer_De said, these are NOT made as commercial substitutes. Though we all strive for quality and perfection in what we do, we do it to help make the series more well-known and give you an idea of what it's like and about.