AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2014-01-17, 23:03   Link #1
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Is anime live streaming allowed?

I just want to ask question about regulation on posting link of people stream live from japan using twitch or ustream. is it allowed?

how about game streamer?

Last edited by RRW; 2014-01-17 at 23:58.
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-18, 03:20   Link #2
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
I just want to ask question about regulation on posting link of people stream live from japan using twitch or ustream. is it allowed?

how about game streamer?
I'll get some others opinions but this is how I think it falls against AS's policies.

Assuming it is streaming raws of anime, I would think by default it is against the forums' policy.

Game Streaming would be allowed as long it isn't done in a way to cross the line of the soliciting or advertising rules.
Old 2014-01-18, 21:02   Link #3
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Yes, as Konakaga said, linking to any unofficial streams of anime are not allowed. That includes any streams that rebroadcast Japanese TV illegally. If it's an official stream authorized on the official site, then you could link to it. Incidentally, you also cannot link to any unauthorized streams of subtitled/dubbed anime either, or post any mention of any site that hosts/promotes illegal streams of licensed anime. Only official sites are allowed. So... in general terms, it's probably better not to link to streams at all.

In terms of game streaming, again agreeing with the post above, people shouldn't make posts or threads to advertise their streams/channels. I would say, in principle, if it's just a "watch someone play this game" video/stream, then it's probably okay (assuming posting said video/stream isn't against the direction of the copyright holders -- most game creators are okay with streams of their games, so long as it's not beta/pre-release/under NDA). But, that doesn't mean that people should post complete video walkthroughs of VNs/story-centric games where watching the videos is like a substitute for actually buying the game.

If you're not sure if it's okay to post a stream, feel free to contact a mod/admin for permission before posting.