AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2004-05-09, 06:46   Link #261
FreakyEyes

NOW I remember what I was planning to ask:

What characters are at the start, and what characters have to be unlocked?

edit: uh, and thanks for answering.
FreakyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 07:12   Link #262
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyEyes
NOW I remember what I was planning to ask:

What characters are at the start, and what characters have to be unlocked?

edit: uh, and thanks for answering.
Well the starting lineup is:

Sasuke
Naruto
Sakura
Kakashi
Lee
Kiba
Shikamaru
Hinata
Ino
And i think garaa
Old 2004-05-09, 13:22   Link #263
Naruto714
Kinjutsu Master

Send a message via AIM to Naruto714 Send a message via MSN to Naruto714 Send a message via Yahoo to Naruto714
Does anyone know if they plan to bring the GC or PS2 Naruto game here?
Naruto714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 17:59   Link #264
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

no... Naruto714 ... your question has been asked a billion times... at this stage... there are no plans to bring those games to north america cuz only the manga is out here...

it ain't at all difficult to play these games here anyways... for the Gamecube... you need a freeloader and the game (which you'll have to import from somewhere) .... and for the PS2... you just need a modded PS2...
Old 2004-05-10, 01:52   Link #265
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
I ordered it and now I'm waiting for it to come, now I need to buy a memory card........ and possibly an actual NGC.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-10, 02:06   Link #266
Kouji
StrykerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto714
Does anyone know if they plan to bring the GC or PS2 Naruto game here?
Not yet, but once Naruto gets licensed (though I hope this doesn't happen yet). But if it should, then Bandai might follow suit (like with the Inu Yasha game) and release the game over here.

Cuz I've seen those games with the "Import Only" release on IGN. But sooner or later they got picked up by a U.S developer, like with Atlus' Shin Megami Tensei, sure it was only for Japan. But rpgfan said that it was now confirmed for America.
Old 2004-05-10, 10:14   Link #267
Naruto714
Kinjutsu Master

Send a message via AIM to Naruto714 Send a message via MSN to Naruto714 Send a message via Yahoo to Naruto714
How much do freeloaders cost

A.) For PS2
B.) For GC

And can you please link me to a place that sells them
Naruto714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-10, 15:06   Link #268
FreakyEyes

1. There's no one for PS2, if you want to play import games on your european/us PS2, you have to erm, have some mod chip or something inserted to your PS2. Oh, I'm not the best person to answer this :P
2. Freeloader costs some 22.90 (american dollars) but I think when bought in a combo with Gekitou Ninja Taisen 2 it was only 15.90. The prices are as they are in http://www.play-asia.com

Oh and you also need a memory card separately for japanese games, if you didn't already know (it has said many times in this topic).
Old 2004-05-10, 15:25   Link #269
Mors

Why exactly are you supposed to need a seperate memory card for import games? I've had a modded PS2(Messiah2) for about 2 years, and I've played a variety of import games on it, all saved on the same 8mb memory card as my normal US games, and I've never had any problems with "corrupt" files or anything like that. As it stands right now I've got GT4 preview, naruto, GG, and a few other import games' save files on my memory card...I didn't know originally that there was the possibility of a problem, so I never tried to get a seperate memory card.
Mors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-10, 16:02   Link #270
JubeiYamazaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mors
Why exactly are you supposed to need a seperate memory card for import games?
Referring to me? I just want my own memory card cause I don't trust my friends with the saved data. Plus they're cheap, and eventually I'll get my own cube, so might as well start somewhere.
Old 2004-05-10, 17:58   Link #271
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiYamazaki
Referring to me? I just want my own memory card cause I don't trust my friends with the saved data. Plus they're cheap, and eventually I'll get my own cube, so might as well start somewhere.
I saved naruto on all my friend's memory cards.
Just incase
Old 2004-05-11, 00:03   Link #272
FreakyEyes

Well, was it so that only if you save ALL these types: US, Pal and Japanese games on same memory card, only then something happens. But for example saving US and Japanese games on same memory card would be ok?

Last edited by FreakyEyes; 2004-05-11 at 08:20.
Old 2004-05-11, 02:44   Link #273
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

I have saved jap/ntsc games on my ps1 and ps2 memory cards for years and have had no problems... however... I have heard that the saving a jap game into a gamecube memory card with ntsc game saves would end up deleting those ntsc save files... not sure about the details... it was just something I read over at the gamefaqs boards a while ago....

but.... I personally have had no problems to date with my gamecube memory card since I got naruto 2 in december... I have both jap/ntsc save files and nothing was deleted...
Old 2004-05-11, 14:38   Link #274
NL|MegaMika

Quote:
Oh and you also need a memory card separately for japanese games, if you didn't already know (it has said many times in this topic).
No, you don't. I had Naruto GNT1 and have the second part since last December. You can save Japanese saves together with European saves on the same cart, no problem at all. Members at other boards told me it's no problem with US cards / saves too. Just don't believe everything the FreeLoader / Action Replay manual says.

And yes, this game is a must-have for Naruto fans.
NL|MegaMika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-11, 17:09   Link #275
Liss-sama

Send a message via MSN to Liss-sama
Man this game looks awesome, too bad i don't have a gamecube
Liss-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-11, 17:22   Link #276
Kidd
SD Translator

Send a message via ICQ to Kidd Send a message via AIM to Kidd Send a message via MSN to Kidd Send a message via Yahoo to Kidd
Quote:
Originally Posted by abazou
Well the starting lineup is:

Sasuke
Naruto
Sakura
Kakashi
Lee
Kiba
Shikamaru
Hinata
Ino
And i think garaa
You sure? I played tons of storymode and then unlocked a few million characters at once so I wouldn't know for sure what characters were there in the beginning or not, but this picture at lik-sang kinda makes me think it's only Naruto, Sakura, Kakashi and Sasuke from the beginning:
http://image.lik-sang.com/images//la...uto-2-jap1.jpg
(Hinata is probably unlocked)
Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-11, 20:33   Link #277
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd
You sure? I played tons of storymode and then unlocked a few million characters at once so I wouldn't know for sure what characters were there in the beginning or not, but this picture at lik-sang kinda makes me think it's only Naruto, Sakura, Kakashi and Sasuke from the beginning:
http://image.lik-sang.com/images//la...uto-2-jap1.jpg
(Hinata is probably unlocked)
No, the ones i listed are available in v.s mode from the start.
Old 2004-05-11, 23:47   Link #278
FreakyEyes

There's something wrong in that picture, I just got the game and the characters were all those that abazou said.

Fighting games are so addictive... I played this about 7 hours yesterday. And there's so much cool characters, but for example in Super Smash Bros. Melee i rarely play with other characters than Zelda/Sheik, Marth, Samus or Falco. In this game Kyuubi Naruto (just got him), Kakashi, Gaara, Neji, Hinata, Haku, Sasuke (and I'm sure I forgot someone) plus I pretty sure I'll play with Orochihamaru and Sharingan Sasuke too.
Old 2004-05-11, 23:50   Link #279
JubeiYamazaki

Who ordered theres from lik-sang and how long did it take to get shipped to you?

I ordered it Sunday, is it possible for me to get it by Friday or Saturday? Regular Global Priority btw.
Old 2004-05-12, 12:49   Link #280
NL|MegaMika

Quote:
There's something wrong in that picture, I just got the game and the characters were all those that abazou said.

Fighting games are so addictive... I played this about 7 hours yesterday. And there's so much cool characters, but for example in Super Smash Bros. Melee i rarely play with other characters than Zelda/Sheik, Marth, Samus or Falco. In this game Kyuubi Naruto (just got him), Kakashi, Gaara, Neji, Hinata, Haku, Sasuke (and I'm sure I forgot someone) plus I pretty sure I'll play with Orochihamaru and Sharingan Sasuke too.
After unlocking Sharingan Sasuke you'll play with him all the time. He's just too strong (unlock him, use his up + A move and you'll see what I mean).
NL|MegaMika is offline   Reply With Quote