AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-04-29, 09:47   Link #161
Kouji
StrykerX
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Everett, WA
Age: 33
GC

Cons
- doesn't have DVD playback
- doesn't have the greatest rpg library (even though the U.S'll be getting Tales of Symphonia & Baten Kaitos this year, adding to the list of Zelda: WW and the NES & N64 remake of Zelda.
- some of the companies have started to leave GC and now they're only focusing on PS2 and X BOX

Pros
- has great fighting games (both in Japan and the U.S)
- has a great action/adventure library
- has Square Enix onboard
__________________
Kouji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 11:04   Link #162
ninjamyst
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Thanks Kouji for your comparsion but I was really looking for a comparsion between the two different version of the game and not the actual console. I do agree with most of what you said, especially the point about 3rd party focusing more on Xbox and PS2. I predict Nintendo to drop out of the console war and focus only on maintaining their handheld status.
ninjamyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 11:41   Link #163
abazou
Uchiha Avenger
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjamyst
Thanks Kouji for your comparsion but I was really looking for a comparsion between the two different version of the game and not the actual console. I do agree with most of what you said, especially the point about 3rd party focusing more on Xbox and PS2. I predict Nintendo to drop out of the console war and focus only on maintaining their handheld status.
i've only seen videos of the ps2 naruto game.. and it didnt look as good as the gc game.. not graphically or gameplay wise. people that have both versions say the gc one is better tho
__________________
abazou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 13:14   Link #164
ninjamyst
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by abazou
i've only seen videos of the ps2 naruto game.. and it didnt look as good as the gc game.. not graphically or gameplay wise. people that have both versions say the gc one is better tho
Hmmm....I have read many reviews on both and it seems like the ps2 have better gameplay because of its special move mini games and multi-level arena like DOA3.
ninjamyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 14:01   Link #165
A Lamer
あほぉ&
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaSe-
Rightey, so will i definatly need a new memory card to save the import games then? (heard conflicting arguements, not sure really!)
I dont think you'd need to, but you might as well. If all else fails, you can save more heh.
A Lamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 14:15   Link #166
abazou
Uchiha Avenger
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjamyst
Hmmm....I have read many reviews on both and it seems like the ps2 have better gameplay because of its special move mini games and multi-level arena like DOA3.
the ps2 game wont be easy to play in japanese
__________________
abazou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 15:01   Link #167
I)ark-I)eath
EnI)eR I)ark I)eath
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Age: 25
does n e one know a place where i can download vids for the ps2 naruto?

link me plz...
__________________

In a Teletha Tesstarossa mood :3
I)ark-I)eath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 15:11   Link #168
Mors
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
I've seen Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen 2 for GC by Tomy, do they make this same one for PS2? the only Naruto game I've seen for PS2 is Naruto: Narutimet Hero. This isnt the same game is it?
Mors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 16:00   Link #169
Kouji
StrykerX
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Everett, WA
Age: 33
No, that is an action game. Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen 2 is a fighting game on GC.
__________________
Kouji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 16:18   Link #170
tignuT
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
ps2 naruto vids and screens

Quote:
Originally Posted by I)ark-I)eath
does n e one know a place where i can download vids for the ps2 naruto?

link me plz...


http://playfrance.com/downloads/videos/,843,9958.html

Looks pretty good^^
tignuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 16:31   Link #171
Mors
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouji
No, that is an action game. Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen 2 is a fighting game on GC.

So they don't make Naruto 2 for PS2?
Mors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 16:45   Link #172
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Magical land! (Magica-ru land!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by abazou
i've only seen videos of the ps2 naruto game.. and it didnt look as good as the gc game.. not graphically or gameplay wise.
Not graphically, but gameplay wise it looked a lot better. From what I've seen, the GC game is about combos and specials. It looked a lot better when you could do kawarimis during semi-specials (regular character-tricks).
__________________
nh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 16:45   Link #173
Kouji
StrykerX
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Everett, WA
Age: 33
I don't think so.
__________________
Kouji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 16:48   Link #174
|)arK_Nin
Oi Oi Luffy!
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The End
Damn, now I want this and One Piece Grand Battle 3 hmmmmmmmmm
__________________


Lunchboxx Pwnage
|)arK_Nin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 17:01   Link #175
Kouji
StrykerX
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Everett, WA
Age: 33
I'd get this if this were coming to the states (if Bandai would localize it)
__________________
Kouji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 17:13   Link #176
I)ark-I)eath
EnI)eR I)ark I)eath
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by nh1
Not graphically, but gameplay wise it looked a lot better. From what I've seen, the GC game is about combos and specials. It looked a lot better when you could do kawarimis during semi-specials (regular character-tricks).
IMO i liked the graphics on the ps2 better than the gc version...the gc version is pretty bright coloured, the ps2 one is darker and has more detailed black line traces on the characters(compare gaara and naruto from gc to the ps2 versions gaara and naruto(mainly the hair)) and the shadowing looked pretty nice, i like that...the only thing i didnt like graphic wise are those damn paper characters in the backround...they look so wrong...

gameplay wise, ps2 naruto looks pretty fun...the gc version has its cool combos and higher characters(cause its newer (made a sequel to the ps2 version! ))ps2 version looks like a counter game....big time....but there is combos nuntheless, the specials...they are entartaining and u have to do ur part in them...which ass gameplay i guess....the only thing I THINK(im not sure here) is lacking is combos...like in the gc version

now i wanna mod my ps2 and get this shit! battles look fuckin long though....

(ill get initial d special stage to! XD )
__________________

In a Teletha Tesstarossa mood :3
I)ark-I)eath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 17:20   Link #177
Kouji
StrykerX
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Everett, WA
Age: 33
Quote:
now i wanna mod my ps2 and get this shit! battles look fuckin long though....

(ill get initial d special stage to! XD )
I'd be careful on how you go about modding your PS2. Cuz if you messed up your PS2. Then there's no chance of playing it again.
__________________
Kouji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 17:25   Link #178
Mors
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
I have Naruto for PS2(Modded PS2 with Messiah2 chip, almost 2 years no problems so far), it's definitely awesome, but with only 10 characters it gets alittle old. That's why I was wondering if they made Naruto 2 for PS2, looks awesome on the GC...
Mors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 17:30   Link #179
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Magical land! (Magica-ru land!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by I)ark-I)eath
IMO i liked the graphics on the ps2 better than the gc version...
Yeah, the graphics are unique, and I like them, but they zoom out a lot, and the picture becomes a bit blurry. Guess it'll be better when I can see it on the TV and not on some low-res video download.
Quote:
now i wanna mod my ps2 and get this shit! battles look fuckin long though....
You damn right! I wanna get that damn chip, but I don't know how to install it properly (which is important, because you'll be sorry if it gets broken)!!
__________________
nh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 17:30   Link #180
I)ark-I)eath
EnI)eR I)ark I)eath
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mors
I have Naruto for PS2(Modded PS2 with Messiah2 chip, almost 2 years no problems so far), it's definitely awesome, but with only 10 characters it gets alittle old. That's why I was wondering if they made Naruto 2 for PS2, looks awesome on the GC...
looks like theres 12 characters not 10



KOUJI: yeah i know about the chippingness....thats why i didnt get one yet...but since the ps2 is getting pretty old...i might as well XD

NH1: let the pros do the job i know a place(around my area..like 1 hour and 20 mins away or something) where its pretty much recommended to get it there...u get the chip installed and 2 games!
__________________

In a Teletha Tesstarossa mood :3
I)ark-I)eath is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.