AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2014-01-23, 23:21   Link #1
Xefi
Ultraviolet
*Graphic Designer

Demon Gaze -PSVita-

NIS just announced the release date for Demon Gaze for Vita:
---April 22nd, 2014 for NA / April 25th, 2014 for EU---
Quote:
Oz awakens to find himself in Misrid—a cursed land at the world's western frontier—with a dark shroud covering his memories of the past. The land before him contains many labyrinths that hold both treasure and danger in equal volumes. Without knowing where else to go or what else to do, Oz decides to take up arms in order to hunt down artifacts and eke out a living in this world that feels so new to him. One day, he will have to face his past, but until then, he has no choice but to trust those around him, and in his newfound abilities as a “Demon Gazer”...
Demon Gaze - Trailer #2
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

song from the game sung by IA Vocaloid - Blue Eyes Hunter (regular battle theme)
Images
Demon Gaze Soundtrack - 瞳の宿命 [Cross GAZER] (boss theme...I think)
Images
---some screenshots---
Images
---limited Edition---
Images

the Limited & Regular Edition is now available for pre-ordered on their site: http://store.nisamerica.com/demon-gaze-limited-edition
comments: I suggest pre-ordering the Limited Edition when you can. I have a feeling it won't last very long.
------
----
Xefizyxen
E---
F--
I-
Xefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-23, 23:52   Link #2
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Man, the OST is awesome. I think dropping 50$ for the LE is a no brainer for me now.

That shipping cost is hurting, though.
Old 2014-01-24, 02:14   Link #3
Chaos2Frozen
:)

Something for me to play in April

This year is proving to be full of games

....Starting next month >_>
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 06:38   Link #4
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
This year is proving to be full of games

....Starting next month >_>
Urgh, this year is a painful year.

I've already committed my mind to officially dropping my $$$ down to buy a Vita this year ( Trails SC on the Vita is a must ), but then I remember my PS3 that died early last year that needs replacing too...

Especially since I dropped $10 to buy Xillia that was on sale last week.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-27, 02:19   Link #5
Chaos2Frozen

Old 2014-04-21, 17:01   Link #6
Xefi
Ultraviolet
*Graphic Designer

Nis mailed my LE a day early. i got my copy today and will be playing it after work.
i found some nice tips to help start new players. i'm looking forward to playing the game soon!

Source: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/68810...-gaze/69053340
Quote:
Gazer: STR, VIT, AGI, LUC (STR and VIT will be your main focus if you have more support-focused party members than attack ones, otherwise you can focus on giving him/her more AGI and LUC to dish out status effects. Their main job is going to be summoning/using Demons and their powers anyway)

Fighter: STR, AGI, VIT (Your hard and heavy hitters, you'll want to focus purely on accuracy and power here, since their special skills do multiple hits at a cost of HIT chance)

Paladin: VIT, VIT, VIT (If going for pure damage-soaker tank), VIT + STR (If going for "Battle Tank") - I'm personally going full-on tank with my Paladin once I get the game. Part of this is due to Etrian Odyssey Syndrome, but also because their Special Skill allows them to raise their Defense AND absorb all hits to the Party, and because I don't know if VIT gains are passively permanent (IE higher VIT = more HP gain per levelup, meaning raising it high ASAP is ideal). Point is, these guys are by far the best class in terms of defensive potential, AND they get a base skill that increases their DEF even further on every single level-up; you simply don't want to waste that.

Samurai: STR, AGI, possibly LUC - These are your light-armored attackers, so scrap the focus on VIT unless you're having trouble and focus on helping them dodge + strike fast and hard with their multi-lane hitting Slash skills. PROTIP: Samurai skills work WONDERS with Status-inflicting weapons; imagine hitting 3 lines of enemies with a chance of Stun/Sleep/Poison on EACH AND EVERY ENEMY.

Ranger: STR, LUC, AGI - Similar to Samurai, a lot of pierce-through and multi-hit attacks, but weaker (and far more accurate). Will probably be Back-Line due to their weapon range.

Assassin: LUC, AGI, STR - Assassin's "quirk" is that they have a TON of ways to instant-kill enemies or completely avoid attacks while powering up, but this means a ton of their passives and active skills are based on invisible "percent chances"; as such, you want to pump up their LUC stat to improve your chances of insta-kill and remaining hidden, because their HP and defenses are CRAP. This is also why AGI is needed to help their dodge chance even further.

Wizard: INT, VIT or MYS - Pretty straightforward, your Wizard is going to be a definite backliner, and most of their support is going to come either from their Wizard Bolt special skill, or in adding elements to your attackers' weapons to strike at enemies' weaknesses. Go with VIT as your sub-stat if you want to focus on keeping them alive, or MYS if you intend to make them into a second/backup healer once you get access to Artifacts with Healer abilities.

Healer: MYS, VIT - Healer is never, ever, ever going to be attacking for you, ever. They do have "Holy" skills, but they are simply soooooo much better as a Healing, buffing, and enemy-debuffing support to ever bother with any other options. Put your entire focus onto a) Keeping them alive, and b) Making them better at keeping everyone ELSE alive.
a little spread sheet providing which jobs/classes suited for each race.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1210651466

comments: from what it seems, i'm thinking of making a party of Gazer (fighter), Paladin (for tanking),
Healer, and still deciding about the DPS. i don't really know how many party members you can have in a party...i guess i can take Samurai & wizard for DPS.
------
----
Xefizyxen
E---
F--
I-
Old 2014-04-22, 01:32   Link #7
Cyprene

Vague recollections from someone who platinum'd the game when it came out in Japan:

Gazer: You're stuck with this guy, but he's pretty powerful.

Fighter: These guys are good. Pretty basic. They do exactly what it says on the label: hit people with swords and then they die. You don't need one, but they're good to have in boss fights because they're a steady source of damage, and they're good against tougher monsters.

Paladin:You want a paladin. Paladins will save your butt. I don't know if you could even clear the game without one. One of their abilities allows them to block damage from hitting the other party members. The boss fights in this, especially the later ones, are simply brutal. A single nasty hit to your healer and you're done. Get one.

Samurai: Good for clearing out enemies fast. You can take this guy with you as you go through dungeons and he can just rip through most enemies without using MP.

Ranger: These guys are alright, but you're probably not going to have room in your party for one.

Assassin: These guys are kinda crap. Yours if you want a challenge, but I couldn't recommend them otherwise.

Wizard: You could do without one but I wouldn't recommend it. Your heavy damager, and once they get Wizard Bolt they can help clear out the enemy without using MP. I would recommend VIT as a backup stat. They die easily and then you're going to be very sad.

Healer: Yeah you need one of these guys.

The recommended party from the Japanese site is:
Human Paladin
Elf Wizard
Migmy Healer
Nei Fighter

On your first playthrough, you're going to want the first three, but you've got a bit of a choice on that last one. A fighter will make things a little easier for you, but if you want to try one of the other classes you certainly can.
Cyprene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 01:33   Link #8
Xefi
Ultraviolet
*Graphic Designer

^ EDITthanks for the input. I kind of posted right after you...
yeah, now I'm going to have to change my formation around some. i'll probably switch out my ranger for a wizard later on.

----------------------------------

a little bit more info. regarding stats:

STR - Physical attack power (self explanatory)
INT - MP amount + Magical Attack power
MYS - Healing Potency (+ magic defense?)
VIT - HP + physical defense
AGI - Battle speed + Dodge chance + Accuracy
LUC - Status affliction rate (+ Crit Chance/Dmg?) + Minor effect on all other stats

-------------------------------------------------

so I started playing this game for about 3-4 hrs. today and here is my impression so far. the game has really
nice and clean graphic. I had a little trouble trying to pick a portrait for my followers cause they all look really nice and beautifully drawn.
the game has quite a lot of choices to make when the others are talking to you. I'm not sure if
it'll affect you getting endings or not, but choosing the wrong choices can make them feel angry or love you.
at this point, I'm just going to choice whaterever I see fit.

the music are fitting and some are nice. the random battles are kind of random. sometime it'll take
quite a bit of steps before any enemies show up and then other time, I take one step
and they appear again. nice thing is, at least there are monster icons point where you
can just walk up to it and fight them or another way is put in a random items to make them
show up and fight you so that you can get that item (armor, sword...etc) @ item pts icon area.

you get one party member at the start, but then you'll have to pay Fran for the extra
room if you want more party members. first member is free, 2nd is 1000G, 3rd is 5000G,
and last party member (5th) is 10,000G. making money is this game take some time, so
I'm trying to grind for some money to get my last member's room before I can take on
the first boss Mars. I first fought her in her true form when I finish conquering all the item
icon areas (she'll appear once you do that). I only gotten 3 party members then, and she
kick my arses badly...she was doing 70-80 damage per hit; my guys only have about 150 hp
(my tank) and everyone else have about 100-130 hp. so I guess i'll come back to her later when I gotten my 5th members
and grinded up a bit more for better armors & weapons. the second boss, Chronos looks pretty nice as well,
but she was also too much for my party to handle...lol.

For now, my party members consist of Gazer, Paladin, Ranger & Healer. the last spot will probably
go to the Samurai...I'm still so sure yet. wizard at the beginning is not wise since you'll lose
too much mana and there just not much item you can use to restore mana yet. I kind
of swinging toward assassin if samurai doesn't work out well. and also, this game seems
to like to "miss" A LOT. if your characters doesn't have much AGI, you'll miss a ton
of attacks. kind of annoying since my Gazer and tanker can't hit sh*t.

overall, I'm really loving this game so far and it's funny/sexy characters. really recommend it
if any of you guys like Dungeon explorer games like Etrian Odyssey and Unchained Blades.

Graphic: 9/10 pts! Music: 8.8/10 pts! characters portraits: 10/10 pts! (yeah, I really like them pictures...very good)
------
----
Xefizyxen
E---
F--
I-
Old 2014-04-23, 07:42   Link #9
SineMora
Wait for it...

Woot!

Wooot!

NSFW:
Spoiler:

So it's a dating sim too?
Demon Gaze indeed!
SineMora is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 08:17   Link #10
Zakoo

God's sake, I don't know whether i buy the vita or the wii u now. There's so much JRPG on the vita, and it's not zoned.

I curse all of you.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 11:23   Link #11
Xefi
Ultraviolet
*Graphic Designer

^ go buy vita and support Demon Gaze! then buy a wii u later on when you have some extra cash. :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by SineMora View Post
Wooot!

NSFW:
Spoiler:

So it's a dating sim too?
Demon Gaze indeed!
heard you can romanced 3 of the girls, but it's not like your typical dating sim game. i guess
you only romance them to progress the story and the other 2 girls are optional for quests.
really wish you can romanced Lorna though...but the game decided to do something bad to her
early on. (just play to find out, no spoiler here)
Spoiler:

----------------------------------------------------

after reading through some with the guide and stuffs, i realized how valuable those artifacts
were now. i sold 1-2 of mine for the money to buy my fifth character, but i'm kind of regretting it now.
they say you can only get limited amount of artifacts per play through and some are
crucial and needed. i sold Divine Body...i wonder if that's gonna come back and haunt me later.
i saw my paladin already have that skill, so i sold it.

anyways, if you look at this guide and go to artifacts, you can see what are needed and crucial so
that you don't accidentally sold them like me. -_-;
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...li=1&sle=true#
------
----
Xefizyxen
E---
F--
I-
Old 2014-06-12, 02:20   Link #12
Chaos2Frozen

Started out a few days ago, got my ass kicked by my first encounter with Mars.

I think I might need to grind a little cause she's doing way more damage to me than the trash mob. I've opened up the red city, should I grind in the Slave Grave first? Are the mob levels the same?
Old 2014-06-12, 04:46   Link #13
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ

It's a bit stronger there, so yeah you could grind there a bit. What I did was explored Slave Grave first until the story stopped me for continuing any further (you need to get Mars first IIRC) before getting back and fight her. You can also try to add more of your party, they really help a lot.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 05:16   Link #14
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Started out a few days ago, got my ass kicked by my first encounter with Mars.

I think I might need to grind a little cause she's doing way more damage to me than the trash mob. I've opened up the red city, should I grind in the Slave Grave first? Are the mob levels the same?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...usp=drive_web#

This would make your life easier, but if you prefer to discover everything on your own, then I suggest just use a simple trick. Buy a bunch of Nameless gem in the item shop, and spam them, then sell everything you found until you get the 5th party members. After that I don't think you need to grind much.
Old 2014-06-12, 05:20   Link #15
Chaos2Frozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...usp=drive_web#

This would make your life easier, but if you prefer to discover everything on your own, then I suggest just use a simple trick. Buy a bunch of Nameless gem in the item shop, and spam them, then sell everything you found until you get the 5th party members. After that I don't think you need to grind much.
Nah this is great, thanks