AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

View Poll Results: Haruka or Mitsuki?
Haruka, and respondent is male 258 45.50%
Haruka, and respondent is female 53 9.35%
Mitsuki, and respondent is male 216 38.10%
Mitsuki, and respondent is female 40 7.05%
Voters: 567. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-01-28, 04:11   Link #281
Noir_
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Seriously, I was a haruka fun at first but, lets face it. Mistuki sarcificed her love him for haruka's sake. I think she was the one suffering the most and she deserved him. So I don't blame her for taking the opportunity and seizing it, when a chance opened.
Noir_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 04:17   Link #282
Noir_
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCntry View Post
It's been stated, the sex was used as a direct shock to Takayuki and a display of how far Mitsuki really went for him. It's not a carnal instinctual thing that she did, it was more of a sublime and very strong sentiment.



The thing about the hook-up she got with Shinji wasn't because Mitsuki thought Takayuki might get back with Haruka, it was meant to discover if she could move on from him and accept another person. Of course, a good portion of the blame could be thrusted onto Shinji's shoulders simply because he took advantage of the moment knowing full well Mitsuki's situation. Matter of fact, the whole prior knowledge of her situation should've raised many red flags in his head.



That's the difference between the two. You have one who is perpetually 3 years younger than her circle of friends. She understands that after 3 years a lot of things can, and will, happen to everyone she knows and she has had the unfortunate experience to not keep up with them. She also knows that 3 years is a long time to ask for someone to wait for them no matter how strong her feelings still are for that person.

The other side of the coin is Mitsuki, the constant companion and lover for 3 years. Day in and day out she took care of Takayuki, spending almost every waking, and many non-waking, moments with him over the course. Pushed him to better himself and live his life for the now and not the past.

One of the things about the story is the subtle changes between Haruka and Mitsuki. From the beginning Haruka was taken as a docile and quiet person, afraid of much of the surrounding world. Mitsuki was the brash and sometimes overaggressive person, easily challenging all in her path. By the time the story completed you saw an almost complete 180 on each of the characters...Haruka learned to live for herself and take a stand in her life, while Mitsuki learned to step back and let someone else take the lead for a change. These are some strong character changes made and are often overlooked in the whole process of the anime simply because most don't take the sociological and psychological impressions to mind and simply go with their gut feelings.



Matter of fact, she had no friends outside of Takayuki, Shinji, and Haruka after high school. From the moment of the accident she focused all aspects of her attention on supporting and helping Takayuki, which limited her social time. She had a co-worker whom she associated with quite often and she'd occasionally bump into Ayu and Mayu while waiting for Takayuki, but beyond that, she didn't use any of her free time to socialize, she used it to rehabilitate Takayuki.


Sad or not, still the truth.
i agree with most of this but the fact still remain that Mitsuki, is the one that started the sacrificing first so I don't see why she should suffer. she snapped back to the real world. There is no other way he could have snapped back, if she didn't take that route. it was a logical route and it worked for the better good. She didn't have a lot of friends that I agree with you, but she wasn't super dependent on Takayuki though.
Noir_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-02, 19:11   Link #283
be0wulf
it's friday
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Purgatory
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to be0wulf
Haruka. Because Mitsuki looks weird with short hair.
__________________

http://www.chunlikickedme.tumblr.com
be0wulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 11:39   Link #284
x1an
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: philippines
Age: 25
for me it's Mitsuki although what she did was wrong in the first place she really likes Takayuki
__________________
x1an is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 16:53   Link #285
Phantasmagoria
†Mizore Shirayuki†
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Dream
Mitsuki for me.

I would do the same thing, like she did.

You just couldn't betray your best friend when she's the one who takes the first step. However, when the chance and opportunity comes, I will secure it, just like what Mitsuki did. There is no right or wrong to it. It is all a matter of time, and the decisions you make. There comes to a point of time you just couldn't take it anymore, you love him, you want to be with his side all day long, doing things together, having fun, leading a happy life, and the incident just provides Mitsuki the golden key to her own happiness.

This is called "romance".

I could understand her feelings..

In the end, she did not betray anyone. Shit happens, the timing is just that bad.
If there is really anything to put blames on, it will have to be the bus driver who started it all.

Mitsuki - One of my top favourite female She has all of my respect.
__________________

Rosario + Vampire[Mizore].Spice and Wolf[Horo].
Hayate no Gotoku![Hinagiku].Hayate no Gotoku![Maria]
Phantasmagoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 17:11   Link #286
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by be0wulf View Post
Haruka. Because Mitsuki looks weird with short hair.
That comment is exactly what we needed in this thread.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 08:46   Link #287
Tolle Erik Koenig
LOL!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Headed for Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
That comment is exactly what we needed in this thread.
I agree.

But then again, that's no reason, heh? (gets back on track)

I could write a long one on this. But no, i'll spare you all and cut it short:

遥很可憐!!!

(Haruka is a very poor thing!)

What will you do if...

  1. Your best friend and your supposed-boyfriend got up to things behind your back.
  2. They start to 'ignore' your presence altogether.
  3. They hide the truth from you.
Well, I'd commit suicide any day if this happened.

But she didn't.

Oh, and yes, Mitsuki looks real odd with short hair!
Tolle Erik Koenig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 09:16   Link #288
Phantasmagoria
†Mizore Shirayuki†
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Dream
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolle Erik Koenig
Your best friend and your supposed-boyfriend got up to things behind your back.
They start to 'ignore' your presence altogether.
They hide the truth from you.

1) Got up to things? Fundamental Attribution error. You have Mitsuki who wouldn't want to give up her possibly only chance to be with Takayuki, and Haruka who is asleep for years due to an unexpected accident. There is no right or wrong, and no such thing as "got up to things behind your back." This is romance, we pursue happiness our own way, why should anybody stop us? Just don't do terrible things, that should be one of the ideal ways to go.

Terrible - Not clearly defined, I must admit. However, the general idea is there, an example will be inflicting physical harm, etc.



2) 'Ignore' is a vague way to put things i.m.o.

'Ignore' can be either, due to your own personal feelings or in consideration for others.
Haruka's parent also influence Takayuki's decision. (Attribution error once more.)



3) Hiding the truth can be a two-way interpretation. It is either you don't want Haruka to suffer from emotional pain and collapse(like what happened to Akane's spoken truth), or you simply don't want her to know of Mitsuki's relationship with Takayuki. (Take note, you don't want her to be hurt, or simply just finding ways to cover up your acts.) *They*'s action and decision are influenced by their surroundings. Who told them to hide the truth? The female doctor is one of the culprit.







So, what will I do?
[Haruka: "The Takayuki I love is not the one 3 years ago."]
I will say the same thing, and bid farewell. Simply because, he is not the man I know, anymore.

Quote:
Well, I'd commit suicide any day if this happened.
I am glad Haruka is wise, that would be one of the most stupid thing ever to be done.
__________________

Rosario + Vampire[Mizore].Spice and Wolf[Horo].
Hayate no Gotoku![Hinagiku].Hayate no Gotoku![Maria]

Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 2008-02-27 at 09:38.
Phantasmagoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 08:12   Link #289
Tolle Erik Koenig
LOL!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Headed for Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
1) ...

I am glad Haruka is wise, that would be one of the most stupid thing ever to be done.
Mm hmm.

that's why I thought over it, and this is my reply:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...78#post1426378
Tolle Erik Koenig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 09:10   Link #290
Phantasmagoria
†Mizore Shirayuki†
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Dream
How on earth did your suicidal connects to the way you deliver your post?

Your point is moot.
__________________

Rosario + Vampire[Mizore].Spice and Wolf[Horo].
Hayate no Gotoku![Hinagiku].Hayate no Gotoku![Maria]
Phantasmagoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 09:27   Link #291
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolle Erik Koenig View Post
Mm hmm.

that's why I thought over it, and this is my reply:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...78#post1426378
Epic fail.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 20:46   Link #292
[thousandmaster]
Killimanjaro Specialist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Haruka for me cuz she wouldn't do something like sleeping w/ another guy like Mitsuki did with Shinji. u.u
[thousandmaster] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 15:36   Link #293
LR2
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
This one is really hard for me, but I have to go with Haruka. ...in the end she was the bigger person. She is a very strong character; she went through a lot and handled things pretty well. On the other hand, I feel really bad for Mitsuki, she's all messed up. Maybe if Mitsuki was more faithful to Takayuki I would pick her, but Haruka is my choice.
LR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 15:45   Link #294
IHaveCrayons
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
First of all, Mitsuki is a total b. You get the idea. Anyways, I don't know how Japanese people operate but when you
Spoiler for spoiler:
that is totally unforgivable! Seriously, I don't care if she felt like she had no options left it just goes to show how much of a whore she is trying to get everything she wants.

Last edited by IHaveCrayons; 2008-03-31 at 15:46. Reason: typo
IHaveCrayons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 23:18   Link #295
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
I think I pretty much understand why everyone's so pissed over the sleeping with bf thing; it's not that I find it totally unforgivable that she slept with her best friend's boyfriend, it's just that just an episode earlier, we see Haruka in an accident, and BHAM! the next thing we knew, we're seeing Mitsuki and Takayuki living life as usual, and then stripping and having sex, making her out to be totally heartless and slutty when viewers are probably still reeling with shock over the accident. It's not until a few episodes later that we see the events that eventually lead up to the outcome but IMO, it's already a bit too late seeing how the fandom is split between the two at this point.
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 23:37   Link #296
IHaveCrayons
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
I think I pretty much understand why everyone's so pissed over the sleeping with bf thing; it's not that I find it totally unforgivable that she slept with her best friend's boyfriend, it's just that just an episode earlier, we see Haruka in an accident, and BHAM! the next thing we knew, we're seeing Mitsuki and Takayuki living life as usual, and then stripping and having sex, making her out to be totally heartless and slutty when viewers are probably still reeling with shock over the accident. It's not until a few episodes later that we see the events that eventually lead up to the outcome but IMO, it's already a bit too late seeing how the fandom is split between the two at this point.
It's not that I like Haruka, in fact, it's just that I hate Mitsuki. I did not believe Haruka at all in the end when she said that she was really in love with the "younger Takayuki" she once knew. That is such bs, I swear. Whatever happened to love goes on forever? It sounded like she was just making it up as an excuse to let Takayuki go which very well may have been the case and Takayuki just took it like the idiot he is. I mean after his best friend slept with Mitsuki instead of beating the guy up HE gets beat up!!
IHaveCrayons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 15:28   Link #297
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveCrayons View Post
It's not that I like Haruka, in fact, it's just that I hate Mitsuki. I did not believe Haruka at all in the end when she said that she was really in love with the "younger Takayuki" she once knew. That is such bs, I swear. Whatever happened to love goes on forever? It sounded like she was just making it up as an excuse to let Takayuki go which very well may have been the case and Takayuki just took it like the idiot he is. I mean after his best friend slept with Mitsuki instead of beating the guy up HE gets beat up!!
Bakayuki gets beat up because it is his fault. If he had been straight with everyone form the beginning it wouldn't have happen.

Quote:
Whatever happened to love goes on forever?
1. it doesn't exist
2. life goes on, get over it.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 15:49   Link #298
IHaveCrayons
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Bakayuki gets beat up because it is his fault. If he had been straight with everyone form the beginning it wouldn't have happen.
There is no possible way to say that it was HIS fault for his girlfriend cheating on him. They made a conscious decision to do the deed, there's no way to blame it on him. He's at fault for not being straight, sure, but it's not his fault for them cheating on him! Geeze, it's not like he forced them to cheat on him that's ridiculous.

Also, for Haruka, love does go on until she wakes, for her, time has stopped. Her love for him could not have suddenly just evaporated because no time has passed at all for her, there is no way that she could have just come to the epiphany in the space of a few days that she was not in love with him unless she was lying to herself.
IHaveCrayons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 19:00   Link #299
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveCrayons View Post
There is no possible way to say that it was HIS fault for his girlfriend cheating on him. They made a conscious decision to do the deed, there's no way to blame it on him. He's at fault for not being straight, sure, but it's not his fault for them cheating on him! Geeze, it's not like he forced them to cheat on him that's ridiculous.

Also, for Haruka, love does go on until she wakes, for her, time has stopped. Her love for him could not have suddenly just evaporated because no time has passed at all for her, there is no way that she could have just come to the epiphany in the space of a few days that she was not in love with him unless she was lying to herself.
Re-read over a few threads involving Mitsuki's choices and all will be explained as to why she had the fling with Shinji and why Takayuki still got on the receiving end of the punishment.


If you insist on not doing this, let me summarize...

Takayuki pushed Mitsuki away leaving her in a similar place that Takayuki was in during the time Haruka was in the hospital. If you remember when Takayuki snapped and tried to pull the comatose Haruka out of the hospital you will have the same reasoning behind why Mitsuki fled to Shinji.

It was her love for Takayuki that forced Mitsuki towards Shinji and the actions that took place. Your last statement would be a correct one if it were directed at Mitsuki.

As for Haruka, yes, things change when people do age and feelings towards others can, and usually, do change when them. In the space of a few days seeing how Takayuki acted can easily lead a person like Haruka to let him go.
__________________
DarkCntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 01:10   Link #300
[thousandmaster]
Killimanjaro Specialist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
After re-watching KGNE again, I'm gonna give Mitsuki some slack cuz she was brave enough to admit to Takayuki that she had slept w/ Shinji. Mitsuki even asked why that idiot Shinji couldn't stop her advances, when she was drunk and Shinji wasn't. u.u

And to make it worst, that moron Shinji already had a cute girlfriend for hyne sake and still took advantage of Mitsuki while she was intoxicated. But it was good of her to hate him now and refused his help.

I'm actually more pissed at Shinji now, than Mitsuki. >.> I used to know a few guys that were like Shinji, going after other girls even though they already had girlfriends.
[thousandmaster] is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.