AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

View Poll Results: Haruka or Mitsuki?
Haruka, and respondent is male 258 45.50%
Haruka, and respondent is female 53 9.35%
Mitsuki, and respondent is male 216 38.10%
Mitsuki, and respondent is female 40 7.05%
Voters: 567. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-11-14, 18:20   Link #321
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 37
Wow, kanedazero, that was just note perfect and I agree with you all the way. Good job!
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 21:58   Link #322
kanedazero
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Seattle
Thank you. This series really hit me hard and I wanted to read more about it and see what discussions were going on. I came on here an saw so much hatred toward one of my all time favorite anime characters, so I felt inspired to write a defense. Thanks for reading it.
kanedazero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-15, 10:39   Link #323
crimmy88
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Wow, kanedazero. WOW! I havent nodded so much after reading a post! Nice post

Also, the same as you, I dont have any plans to watch this pro-Haruka route.
crimmy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 03:20   Link #324
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
Well, I must say that I don't hate the girls, but I do have a bone to pick with Takayuki. As I see it, he's the one which contributes about 60% - 75% of the problem. (The rest was with Mitsuki and the parents. Seriously, do parents not ask about their children's well-being, or do children see parents as strangers who could not be trusted? It's Fridge Logic combined with a bad use of There are No Therapists.)

I haven't been catching up on Haruka's route due to lack of time. But, once the whole story is complied, I think I'll sit and see what's up.
__________________
Those from the lower levels cannot hope to surpass those from the upper.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2008-11-16 at 03:32.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 06:36   Link #325
kanedazero
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Seattle
I totally agree with the statement that Takayuki contributes a large amount to the problem. I think part of Mitsuki's insecurity is due to the fact that she sees/knows how Takayuki acts around other women (for instnce, the girls at work, the nurses). I don't think Takayuki has a thing for either of these women; however, the way he behaves with them (though it is likely that he is just being nice and friendly) could easily be taken as flirting. For Mitsuki, who's relationship is already not progressing as she would like due to Takayuki's fear of commitment, seeing this only serves to make her more insecure, thus further worsening her co-dependency issues.

I also wonder what's going on with Mitsuki's and Takayuki's parents. I especially wonder what Mitsuki's relationship with her parent's is like (I suspect that she has "daddy issues," or emtionally distant parents). Unfortunately they are no where to be found so we can only speculate.
kanedazero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 15:13   Link #326
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 37
Nonetheless, I don't think we can shift "the blame" all that much towards Takayuki. He's just a kind hearted guy, who's had a very shitty situation happen to. I mean, the girl he cared for in the first place sets him up with her best friend, then the accident and the recovery and everything that came after... I mean, surely, it's too much. He did redeem himself in the end, even if he was a mess before - and even if Haruka actually helped, quite a lot.

Dunno, I guess I still have a very strong emotional resonance to this anime's mood. Just thinking about it makes me feel a tad melancholic...
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 04:35   Link #327
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Wellington, NZ
Age: 33
Well, Taka has most of the blame on him. He's pretty indecisive, IMO. I mean, he should have just broke off from Haruka, really. It's worse than Yuuichi and Ayu. [from Kanon] (I wanted Yuuichi with Kaori, just to make Jun mad)

Yes, I'm a Mitsuki suporter, in a way. But I would rather he had Akane, for some reason I can't figure. And it's not even listed up there as an option.

Quote:
He did redeem himself in the end, even if he was a mess before - and even if Haruka actually helped, quite a lot.
Really? I didn't really get that feeling. Maybe because I was more on Akane. Still, Mitsuki should have been better than Haruka. It's like Tomoya and Nagisa [CLANNAD this time]. They never really dare to progress very far, do they? Tomoya would have been better with Tomoyo... or even, dare I say it, Kyou, i'd say.

Quote:
Dunno, I guess I still have a very strong emotional resonance to this anime's mood. Just thinking about it makes me feel a tad melancholic...
I guess that's the whole idea of the series.
ZephyrLeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 04:44   Link #328
Tiran86
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
The only one I really liked from the main trio was Haruka, but I thought ending up with Mitsuki was understandable considering the circumstances.
Tiran86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 06:18   Link #329
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 37
ShimatheKat, of course you can say he's indecisive. But that's mainly because he feels a whole lot responsible for what happened to Haruka - how can he not be somewhat indecisive while feeling that way? He is, after all, a considerate person. That's, if you wanna get to the point, his greatest asset and biggest flaw, at the same time. Because of that feeling, he's liable to put his own happiness at stake (by forsaking his relationship with Mitsuki - remember she was his original crush, right back to the first episode).

I dunno, I just felt this anime was not geared towards the easily satisfied audience: they tried to capture more mature feelings and, most of the time, it's not all good. Sometimes, we are indecisive. I have absolutely no idea how I would behave if put in a similar situation. That's probably why I don't rag on his character too much, I guess...
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 06:19   Link #330
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Wellington, NZ
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
ShimatheKat, of course you can say he's indecisive. But that's mainly because he feels a whole lot responsible for what happened to Haruka - how can he not be somewhat indecisive while feeling that way? He is, after all, a considerate person. That's, if you wanna get to the point, his greatest asset and biggest flaw, at the same time. Because of that feeling, he's liable to put his own happiness at stake (by forsaking his relationship with Mitsuki - remember she was his original crush, right back to the first episode).

I dunno, I just felt this anime was not geared towards the easily satisfied audience: they tried to capture more mature feelings and, most of the time, it's not all good. Sometimes, we are indecisive. I have absolutely no idea how I would behave if put in a similar situation. That's probably why I don't rag on his character too much, I guess...
You've gotta admit, it's pretty confusing. And messy. It's like a psychological puzzle.
ZephyrLeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 06:25   Link #331
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 37
Totally. Probably, that's why it's good.
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 02:26   Link #332
ronin myael
lost ronin
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: in the recesses of my convoluted mind...
I chose Mitsuki and I'm female...

I donít get why people hate Mitsuki so much for finally having the courage to fight for her love while they are so enamored by Haruka who also did the same. People say Mitsuki is a slut for seducing Takayuki, but what about Haruka? She acted all sweet and innocent and yet she practically threw herself at Takaís feet. She went out and told him how she felt when she barely even knew the guy and she wasnít even sure if he liked her too. When he admitted to her that he doesnít know if he liked her or not, she cried and looked so dejected that Taka was forced to try a relationship with her out of pity. She was so love struck she was willing to fool herself into thinking that Taka loved her too even though he was only forced to date her. Didnít it occur to her that that was the case?

Haruka to me seems more like a storybook princess, I couldnít relate to her at all. Mitsuki may not be perfect but sheís quite real. What would you have done if you were in her place? I know what itís like to have your best friend as your rival. In fact, I did what Mitsuki did, I decided to let go of my feelings for the sake of my friend. I didnít want a guy to get in between us so I kept my mouth shut and pretended that I was alright even though I wasnít. But if youíre truly human, you also know that thereís only so much you can do to repress your emotions. Mitsuki didnít try to steal Taka away, she only acted on her feelings. If you were in her place, wouldnít you want to spend even just a few minutes with the person you love even in the pretense that you only see him as a friend? What she did that day (of the accident) was totally innocent, she never meant to hurt anyone let alone Haruka. Perhaps she was a bit selfish stealing a few minutes with Taka but I thought it was the least she could do for herself having already sacrificed her feelings for him.

If what happened to Mitsuki happened to me I probably wouldnít be able to let Taka alone either. I wouldíve taken care of him too, helped him through the ordeal even though I know that I would only hurt myself more and even be tempted in betraying my friend. Mitsuki never tried anything with Taka prior to that scene he made in the hospital and Harukaís parents telling him to stop visiting their daughter. She took care of him for a whole year without asking anything in return. But what happened in the hospital that night made Mitsuki decide to fight for her love for him, for his and her sake. She knew that they both needed to move on. If she hadnít done that Taka would have never recovered from his depression. He drowned himself with guilt and he felt all alone despite his friendsí concern for him. But when Mitsuki finally admitted her feelings for him, it made him feel important again and that somebody else needed him. He wasnít useless and hopeless anymore, he has someone to love and who loves him deeply, he could start over again.

I donít think Taka ever loved Haruka, he liked her and he learned to care about her but their relationship seemed like a joke to me. It was just a couple of kids experimenting. Their personalities even clashed, they practically had nothing in common. Whereas he and Mitsuki meshed quite well even when they fought and argued like little kids. He never felt awkward around her, they shared meaningful conversations and they both listened to one another. How could anyone doubt that a meaningful romantic relationship could stem from that? Itís just a shame that things turned out the way they did.

I hated Akane in this series though. She only cared for herself and her sister. If she truly understood what was going on, or at least if she tried to understand, she wouldíve realized that it was wrong of her to expect anything from Taka. She saw what happened to him, he quit school, he didnít have a job, he barely even bathed anymore. He was so messed up it was pathetic! What Harukaís parents did was right. They saw what it was doing to Taka and they also pitied him, they knew that he needed to stay away from Haruka so that he could move on. But Akane didnít understand that. It didnít even occur to her the torment Taka was putting himself through, let alone Mitsuki who religiously took care of him. If I were Akane I probably wouldíve been glad to finally see Mitsuki and Taka together, Mitsuki was a positive influence on him, if it wasnít for her Taka wouldíve probably gone insane or worse killed himself. If she truly cared for her sisterís friends she would have understood their relationship. But she was too selfish to see that. She only saw it as betrayal and she never even attempted to understand it. She was too narrow-minded. I think that anyone who doesnít or couldnít understand Mitsuki and Takaís relationship are just as narrow-minded as she is (no offense).
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 18:55   Link #333
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: My avatar shall reveal it to you.
ronin myael, i applaud you for your post. I feel the same way about Mitsuki too. I'm a guy and I can admit that we don't always make the right decisions. So when it really boils down to it...Takayuki was the one at fault for being too nice to Haruka and leading her on to something that wasn't probably there in the first place
. Sometimes kindness can be a double-edge sword when it comes to a relationship.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 03:04   Link #334
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
ronin myael, i applaud you for your post. I feel the same way about Mitsuki too. I'm a guy and I can admit that we don't always make the right decisions. So when it really boils down to it...Takayuki was the one at fault for being too nice to Haruka and leading her on to something that wasn't probably there in the first place
. Sometimes kindness can be a double-edge sword when it comes to a relationship.
Going to reiterate something that is usually lost over time...

The anime doesn't portray a good flow of time, meaning that it fails to actually accentuate just how much time has passed between Haruka's confession to the accident.

In the beginning Takayuki was bowing to his desire to not hurt Haruka, however after spending some much needed time together Takayuki's attitude did, in fact, change and he did actually begin to fall in love with her. Sadly the anime only portrays their time together as being, at best, a couple of weeks between the confession in the accident, something that is usually a driving factor in how people perceive the characters of the show.
__________________
DarkCntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 15:25   Link #335
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hungary
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwyn View Post
I felt for both girls, although I felt a little more for Haruka. In her case it was more because she hadnt done anything wrong, or deserved any of the things that happened. Despite that, she still wound up being the stronger of the three main characters, and was the honest with herself and others throughout the series.

For you others that voted;

Why did you vote the way you did?
Remember: Doing nothing is a sin to! If you do nothing when you must then it's as guilty as you doing something wrong unintentionally.
I'm voted for Mitsuki and i'm perhaps a man.
Why? i have 2 answers: One from my viewpoint and one from Takayuki's:
-Mine: Personal preference. I love the active kind and cheerfull girls. hey can motivate the people(and me...). Even if she not as angelicly pure(but surely kind hearted) she's a better person because she does what must, not just sitting. ot to mention that she's more hurt than Haruka ever almost at the whole series that gave me more points for symphaty.(note: Haruka is a typical princess character who always gets the admiration of other that she how pure but in terms of actions nothing more than a doll)
-Takayuki: he has a crush on her from the start. I stated the things about the differenc of "love" beetween haruka and Mitsuki in the series's ending discussion so i just say some word about Takayuki's feelings for her(just plain capitulation):admiration, friendship,gratefullness, joy(he's always happy fooling with Mitsuki),(and in the end) sorry, responsibility and guilt. A whole palete of emotions to her. Mitsuki and Takayuki's relationship more mature and closer than the one with Haruka.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitomi_Elric
Definitely, Haruka.
I just can't get over Mitsuki's betrayal. I know that she liked Takayuki a lot and everything, but as many others said: betrayal is betrayal.
If she not done it than Takayuki most likely killed himself and Haruka were more sad. Even now you think it's unforgivable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCntry View Post
Going to reiterate something that is usually lost over time...

The anime doesn't portray a good flow of time, meaning that it fails to actually accentuate just how much time has passed between Haruka's confession to the accident.

In the beginning Takayuki was bowing to his desire to not hurt Haruka, however after spending some much needed time together Takayuki's attitude did, in fact, change and he did actually begin to fall in love with her. Sadly the anime only portrays their time together as being, at best, a couple of weeks between the confession in the accident, something that is usually a driving factor in how people perceive the characters of the show.
True...but in the KGNE next season OVA its stated that their relationship lasted for one month until the accident.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-30, 04:18   Link #336
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
Remember: Doing nothing is a sin to! If you do nothing when you must then it's as guilty as you doing something wrong unintentionally.
Excuse me ? Aside from me not agreeing to said viewpoint in general, as it is rather simplistic ... what exactly are the actions available to a comatose person ? Or a bedridden one after waking up from the coma, aside from working towards recovery, which she did ?
__________________
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-30, 05:58   Link #337
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hungary
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Uhm...perhaps it's true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb
Remember: Doing nothing is a sin to! If you do nothing when you must then it's as guilty as you doing something wrong unintentionally.
there i just maybe justifing Mitsuki's actions(my opinions and statements can change rapidly as i learn more and more so i'm not sure what i've thought at that time)...she could be more of a bitch, if we speak about real life. Mitsuki did what must. She was more considerate and understanding to Haruka than Haruka to her.Probably she was the most caring person in the series(And propably could be hurt the easiest)
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 00:53   Link #338
raile
<3
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lala rainbow land~
I'm female and I go for Mitsuki.

This post will probably be just redundant but what the heck...

I always put off watching KGNE for various reasons. I never really had the time and also because I was told that the shipping wars were damn bloody, something I can really see in most forums where even the mods join in on the blood.

Well, I finally finished watching the series yesterday in one whole marathon and I have to say KGNE is a whole different anime from what I've seen, delving into different emotions and portraying things in a realistic and human way.

Mitsuki was my favorite character in the whole series. She was complex, real, and very human in terms of her personality and actions. She made a lot of mistakes, but don't we all? The way she handled her mistakes and her emotions (mostly guilt and doubt) was really something I could relate to. She was also a kind, caring and loving person.

She loved her best friend, Haruka so much that she decided to become friends with Takayuki so that she could serve as a bridge between him and Haruka, as the latter was too shy to take the first step.
However, things started becoming complicated when she ends up falling in love with the guy her best friend happens to like.
But she keeps her emotions to herself, putting Haruka before herself. She keeps quiet about it and does her best to support them in their relationship (like scheming with Shinji to get Taka to take Haruka to see the movies and talking to Taka about Haruka's feelings). Here, Mitsuki was a good friend.

But no matter how deeply she cared for Haruka, she was still very human and humans are always and will always be selfish. In the pretense of friendship, she steals a few minutes to talk to him. Very subtle flirting, (so subtle that if the viewers had no qualm about Mitsuki's feelings, they'd have only seen their interactions as something friends would do.) just to make herself feel a little better, especially considering how Taka is sold to Haruka already. He is already out of her reach, yet she just wants to spend a few measly minutes to be with him. Thankfully, she doesn't do anything extreme. You don't see her accidentally brushing his thigh or anything. She doesn't talk badly about Haruka or anything like that. She was not sabotaging their relationship. I bet, if the shitstorm didn't happen, there could have been a chance that she could have gradually moved on from her feelings for Taka. Just a possibility.
She had no intention to do ruin their (Taka and Haruka) relationship.

Not even on the day of her birthday, when the accident happened.

Firstly, I'd like to say that Taka and Mitsuki were not at fault for what happened to Haruka. I really find it stupid how everyone just loves to put all the blame on Mitsuki when it was Taka who was running late in the first place, but even still it was not his fault either. Putting blame on either is unfair. Hell, while we're at it, why don't we blame Haruka as well for standing on that specific spot where she gets hit by the car? Why don't we blame her for not moving away fast enough? See my point? Shit just happens, something we have no control of.

What happened to Haruka was really sad. She didn't deserve it. She was just a happy and normal girl, who was just starting out on a wonderful relationship. She did not deserve to lose three years of her life. Period.
Life has a weird sense of humor for putting a girl like Haruka in a coma.

It was hard for her family, friends and to Taka and Mitsuki, who put guilt upon themselves for what happened.
Taka was the most devastated, he could barely take care of himself, he quit school and barely ate. Nobody seemed to check up on him or be there in his grief except Mitsuki.
She made him eat and tried to help him climb out of his depression (we see this when she takes him out to the aquarium). She starts to spend less time in her passion for swimming until she finally quits to look out for him. She does all this for one whole year. She wasn't under any obligation to take care of Taka but she does so anyway. And not for any ulterior motive, I can tell you that.
Just when things are maybe looking up, Taka pulls that stunt in the hospital. Only verifying that things are just only going to get worse, especially when Haruka's parents prohibit him from seeing Haruka, which marks the end of Taka and Haruka's relationship (which was a kind thing to do especially considering what a wreck he became).

While I don't agree with Mitsuki's method of sex, all I can say is that her emotions were already in the boiling point and took control of her, making her act out selfishly, as she had been denied time and again of her emotions for the sake of others. It was at that moment, she stopped being Haruka's best friend. It was at that moment, Taka held out for the lifeline Mitsuki had been trying to make him grasp at. And there and then, nothing would ever be the same again.

Three years pass and Taka and Mitsuki have been living in what appears to be a healthy modern relationship. They look happy together, but that is only on the surface, as both of them are still wrestling with the pain, uncertainty and guilt. For Taka, he still feels very responsible for what happened to Haruka. For Mitsuki, she feels guilty for what happened to Haruka, for loving Taka, and add to that she has to live with the pain and uncertainty if whether Taka really loves her or is just using her as a sort of Haruka-replacement. Akane's hatred in the mix doesn't exactly make things a little easier.

Then when Haruka wakes up, Mitsuki is scared. She becomes insecure in their relationship (I gotta admit, Taka does a lousy job in reaffirming their relationship ) and I can't blame her. She exerts more effort in their relationship while Taka goes out to Haruka out of a sense of obligation.
She was scared of the idea that Taka, the person she had devoted three years of her life to and practically giving up everything to be with him, was going to leave her for Haruka. That was why she moved in with him, that was why she asked him not to see Haruka anymore.
But despite all that, Taka just seemed to continue to drift away from her. He barely talked to Mitsuki, speaking mostly in monosyllables. He practically ignores her on the bus. He didn't seem to want to spend any time with her. When Mitsuki asks him to stop going to the hospital, he starts working late and spending more time at random places doing random things and coming home very late. He doesn't even eat his own girlfriend's cooking. On the phone, he hangs up on Mtsuki very rudely.
It was almost as if he didn't care about her anymore and reinforced Mitsuki's greatest fear that he did not love her. And her whole world came crashing down.

Now, we get to the part why everyone hates Mistuki or how people would call her, the boyfriend-stealing backstabbing two-timing bitch . Cheating is never the answer to anything (except maybe in a very tough exam *gets shot*). In society, people judge others and call them a slut/whore/whatever without understanding the situation. The same would apply to Mitsuki. Everyone right away calls her a tramp and slut for doing the unthinkable with--Shinji, of all people.
But let's look at her situation, she was drunk and mentally unwell (and nobody really thinks straight when they are) and most importantly, she knew (or rather, was under the impression) that her relationship with Taka was hopeless. To her, the relationship was over. By the way, what was Taka doing? (Smooching with Haruka, that's what! And he was SOBER).
I am not justifying Mitsuki's actions, I am only asking that we at least understand her actions and reasons for committing such a mistake. It wasn't like she was doing it for a perverse sense of revenge. She was only hurting herself and we see how the whole thing falls on her, the morning after. When she plays with the broken heel of her shoe, muttering how it's broken, I can assume that it was metaphor of herself, life and/or her relationship. It was a painful thing to watch.

I cried more in the scene where Mitsuki takes off the ring than in the Farewell scene. Because Mitsuki suffered so much. At that moment, she was no different from Haruka, who had lost three years of her life, but while Haruka slept through the pain, Mistuki had to live through it and endure it. She had given up her dreams, her self for Taka and for what? Only to have him fall out of love or to find out he was never in love with her in the first place (although this is just in her perspective, as Taka actually does loves her).
While I felt deeply sad for Mitsuki, I was also proud of her for telling the truth and walking out of Taka's life because she suffered a lot when it came to him. But man, I cried so hard, I ran out of tissues, ;__;

KGNE really knew how to press my crying buttons.
I was really happy when Taka wakes up from his stupidity and fixes things between him and Mitsuki. I admire Haruka for being the strongest character in the cast and for being so understanding. I am also proud of Akane for becoming so much mature and eventually forgiving Mitsuki for her "betrayal". This has been one of the best animes I've seen and I really wish they would churn out more animes like these. Sniff. KGNE really knew where to hit you. TT__TT

Whoa. This has got to be my longest post ever.
__________________

Last edited by raile; 2009-03-12 at 01:15.
raile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 14:09   Link #339
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York City
Maybe this is the right place to put this since this discusses both Mitsuki and Haruka at the same time

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Good Lord, we really tend to get into the opposite ends of fandom for all kinds of series, eh, Dex?
lol, well I guess we do but this time there is no way in hell I can excuse the actions of the other side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
Gee, DeXxy will we ever have something in common?
Only time will tell...only time will tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
Haruka's a lovely girl, but if her ex-boyfriend were someone other then after he wakes up she may never met with him again(because that person probably have another girlfriend long time ago...or even a family). The same thing would happened in the real life but more cruelly because in general a relationship that lasted for a month<relationship lasted for 2 years(perhaps there's exeptions but it's not Haruka's case)

And at the start there were light vibes that indicated that Takayuki was more interested in Mitsuki and at first he accepted Haruka's love because he's a "kind person"(the real[smart?] kind persons can think about the consequences better). So in practice even if she'll never know that in practice her deed wasn't stealing(or not so surely). And i think Takayuki would have refused Mitsuki after the night if he didn't have feelings for her.
I surely understand what you're saying but at the same time; and I've seen this happen plenty of times, you fall in love with someone you never expected to. In the beginning, yes Takayuki did like Mitsuki but as he spent more and more time with Haruka, he ended up having real genuine feelings for her and you could tell by how broken up he was about it after the accident. Too much kindness is cruel, kind of similar to Alto huh? XD It took the guy a year to finally get over Haruka and even then he went out with Mitsuki because she stripped bare naked and jumped on him, the way she did this was nonsense in my opinion. I actually didn't have a problem with Mitsuki at all until she began saying and doing things that I just couldn't forgive.

To be honest, I believe that Mitsuki really did take Haruka's place because he was at his emotional low point when Mitsuki slept with him for the first time, meaning he was vulnerable. See, I don't think that Mitsuki "stole" Takayuki but rather helped him in his time of need but when she started becoming jealous and told Takayuki to stop visiting Haruka, I was in awe at her selfishness considering her and Haruka were best friends. Then sleeping with Shinji which of course could have ended up being a stranger that she hadn't seen since high school. As the series progressed, she didn't get stronger but rather weaker because she depended too much on Takayuki and he was literally all she had left. Giving up on her dreams and sacrificing everything that mattered to her is not the right way to live your life, now don't get me wrong, I would appreciate the love and all but that doesn't help build character, it only destroys it in my opinion.

As a response to your last sentence, if Takayuki really did love Mitsuki then why would he question his feelings? 3 years and he still had feelings for Haruka. Even before Haruka woke up, he was reluctant to live with Mitsuki and this again falls onto his own kindness when he gave in and agreed. Whether you say that his feelings for Haruka were more because of guilt, you can still argue it the other way and say that Takayuki felt guilt towards Mitsuki because she gave up all her dreams and sacrificed everything leaving only him. She has constantly reminded him and his kindness is a burden more than anything else. Takayuki has felt responsible for everything and considering that Haruka still had her family while Mitsuki had only him, it's fair to say that he couldn't leave her. This is a difficult situation and it could be argued either way but Takayuki was torn by all these decisions.
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 14:26   Link #340
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 37
All well and good, Dex, but Mitsuki only slept with him after a whole year and completely out of desperation, since the guy was wasting away in plain sight - and, the point of the matter is: she loved him. She had loved him the whole time. Maybe she went overboard, but the action did have its desired result, to a point.

Also - I can't stress this point enough - don't forget that she only made a move on him after a whole year of caring and nurturing him without any kinda fringe benefits.

As for the whole "sleeping with Shinji" bit... now, what was Takayuki doing at the same time? Making out with a girl recently woken from a coma. Who happened to be his previous girlfriend. And to whom he harbored intensely heavy feelings of responsibility (I loathe the word guilt, here, but it could also be applied).

And why would Takayuki question his feelings for Mitsuki? I mean, how could he not, when he probably felt responsible for the whole accident - and remember who was there with him at the time? Jesus, it would be unrealistic for him not to question his feelings.

As for Mitsuki negating herself... I think that was actually the whole point of her character: showing what happens when you forget yourself and start living for someone else. It's never all that good.
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.