AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

View Poll Results: Haruka or Mitsuki?
Haruka, and respondent is male 258 45.50%
Haruka, and respondent is female 53 9.35%
Mitsuki, and respondent is male 216 38.10%
Mitsuki, and respondent is female 40 7.05%
Voters: 567. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-07-31, 14:41   Link #101
Airconditioner
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Heck, I watched this series ages ago but I figure I may as well partake in the discussion now, it being a rather mundane evening here.

I notice that a lot of people who cite Mitsuki as their choice put their reasoning down to her having 'suffered' more. No doubt Mitsuki sacrificed alot for Takayuki, and has obviously gone through some serious pain for him, but is that really reason for two people to be together? Surely Haruka could have suffered just as much had she had the oppurtunity. In the end, all that makes the difference seems to be the 3 years that Haruka was in a coma, and surely it's not fair to say that Takayuki should 'pick' Mitsuki just because she had the oppurtunity to 'do' something for him, whereas Haruka was bedridden and consciousness-ridden. Haruka herself understands the importance of those 3 years Mitsuki sacrificed herself for Takayuki, that's pretty evident in the scene where she lambasts herself after finding out about Mitsuki and Takayuki (in the hospital bed, where Takayuki almost walks in on her crying).

As for myself, personal preference drives me towards Haruka simply because she seems like a more grounded person. Mitsuki really has some 'issues'. I was quite pleased in the end when she left Takayuki, because although obviously distraught, when she tells him under the tree in the end that she doesn't need him anymore, I think she almost means it. Perhaps not at that point, but in the future perhaps that will be the case. Time does wonders, people! I was pleased at the prospect that she would be able to stand on her own two feet, not having to do everything for that Takayuki who, well, has done nothing for her. So, my ideal ending would have been both girls getting on with their own lives, standing up and living for themselves. Might have done Takayuki some good too, he obviously still doesn't know what he wants, much like an empty vassal that contains whatever is put into it.
Airconditioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-31, 16:42   Link #102
bluelotus
TuxRacer :D
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Europe
@ Airconditioner

You know what, you're right - it is a mundane evening here too. And while I'm waiting for the next 'Honey & Clover' episode I want to post some thoughts to your post

Quote:
I notice that a lot of people who cite Mitsuki as their choice put their reasoning down to her having 'suffered' more. No doubt Mitsuki sacrificed alot for Takayuki, and has obviously gone through some serious pain for him, but is that really reason for two people to be together?
Well it's not the reason. It's not the cause - it's the effect. The painful experiances these three characters have to live through should tell someone who needs whom the most.

Quote:
... and surely it's not fair to say that Takayuki should 'pick' Mitsuki just because she had the oppurtunity to 'do' something for him, whereas Haruka was bedridden and consciousness-ridden.
You're right. It's not fair. And - speaking for myself - that aren't my reasons to vote for Mitsuki. Furthermore I did't want to see this as an contest-thing or so. It is how it is. Life seldom is fair. It's not Mitsukis fault that Haruka ends up being in a coma - neither it is Takayukis fault. Things just happen...

Quote:
Mitsuki really has some 'issues'. I was quite pleased in the end when she left Takayuki, because although obviously distraught, when she tells him under the tree in the end that she doesn't need him anymore...
That's exactly why I like her so much. She's struggling so much to come to a way for her to handle the situation - you can really see how much Takayuki means to her. Here you have a believible description of how it feels when you think your love isn't wanted.
Don't get me wrong. I feel sorry for Haruka. But luckily she is emotionally very powerful and takes away the self-imposed burdon from Takayuki.

Quote:
...he obviously still doesn't know what he wants...
I don't think so. He clearly knows what he wants in the end: Mitsuki. And that's all what they need for there relationship, don't they? Because Mitsuki knows from the very beginning what SHE wants: Takayuki.
So both Mitsuki and Takayuki also can move ahead - together
bluelotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-01, 19:17   Link #103
TsubasaSeraphina
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
With out hesitation I's support Haruka's character. I felt so cheated at the end of that series, I cried and cried, it left me very depressed for several days. I can't stand Mitsuki, if she were a real human I think I'd go kill myself ~_~ I feel bad for hating her, becuase to a certain extent, I understand the pain and also you have to consider the fact that Haruka was in a coma for a whole three years. The fact that she pursued him after all that time doesn't bother me as much as the things that happened before, with the ring, or holding him up on the festival day.

But Haruka didn't deserve it, she just didn't, I felt terrible for her when it became clear that Takayuki was going to go with Mitsuki. How someone must feel to tell that story about Mayaru the Fairy, it was horrifying. Her strength was admirable, but what made me angry beyond words was just that in that last scene, when Haruka is finally well enough to leave the hospital and everyone was there in the couryard to meet her and encourage her... But neither of them where there, I simply couldn't believe it, it really made me sick.
TsubasaSeraphina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 18:57   Link #104
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
^Well I can't blame them for not being there..atleast Taka spied on the event to show he cared, but honestly if your pro-Haruka like I am aswell...all of it is really far beyond sickening...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-08, 20:41   Link #105
yellowkaiq
~Chrno + Rosette~
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Somewhere in the USA
Send a message via AIM to yellowkaiq
I was pro-haruka, but when you consider mitsuki's circumstances, you gotta support her.

Anyways, there should've been a Taka clone, so everyone would be happy
__________________


Youtube.com/timelesstroll - Check me out!
yellowkaiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 17:17   Link #106
TsubasaSeraphina
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Meh~

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowkaiq
I was pro-haruka, but when you consider mitsuki's circumstances, you gotta support her.

Anyways, there should've been a Taka clone, so everyone would be happy
Yeah, I know, but
I still hate her guts eternally... I have watched the series 3 times now, and each time I feel for Mitsuki a bit more- it was really nice to read some people's post here, the longer and more heartfelt ones, because the series is one that was kind of hard to swallow; one person can't possibly understand everything, becuase due to personal opinion we will all percive things differently, and you can gain alot of insight into points that you never even really considered when you read someone elses feelings about it.

Someone here brought up the fact that Takayuki and Mitsuki's families were pretty much non-existant throughout the series, and the effects of this. I had never even once thought about this, but it really can be important, if you're willing to believe that whoever created the story thought that much about it.
TsubasaSeraphina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 19:08   Link #107
Theowne
耳をすませば
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Age: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to Theowne
See, this is the eternal argument.

I really wonder how someone can say Mitsuki "suffered" more. Haruka lost 3 years of her life. I'm not sure how old the average KGNE watcher is, but jeez, I definitely consider that one of the worst fates to come upon you. To lose any part of your life is something you can never get back.

The way the show ended I thought was a bit shallow. Well, for one thing we see that Haruka is actually the stronger of the two girls when you come down to it, but through the entire series, mostly, Mitsuki is weak and heavily reliant on Takayuki's affection. In the end, rather then building her into a strong person, they just return to her the support she apparently needs. I think in the end Takayuki needed to have picked Mitsuki because of the two, Haruka is the one who can survive past it.

Quote:
But neither of them where there, I simply couldn't believe it, it really made me sick.
If you watched the extended ending, it recitifies it a bit, but I was also kind of astonished at this decision by the writers. Why not give a small glimmer of a happy ending by perhaps showing a silhouette of the two near the trees on that day, then showing maybe Haruka smiling? It doesn't screw up the ending, but makes it a bit better for Haruka.
__________________

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 19:19   Link #108
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
^Well with all due respect Haruka told him to walk out of her life forever and however flawed he is for choosing to accept her wishes (Wishes I think were a test), he tried to that...Taka was operating on the assumption that her seeing him there would hurt to much...As for Mitsuki, I think it's beyond obvious why she should never have been there...This story isn't about a happy ending, but a sickening one, which was achieved...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 20:49   Link #109
Theowne
耳をすませば
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Age: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to Theowne
Oh...right.....it's been too long sicne I saw it, I forget that she told him that......

...hmm but still, in the extended ending it is implied that they see each other, yes?
__________________

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 10:51   Link #110
kokanaden
otaku-hikikomori
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 28
Send a message via ICQ to kokanaden Send a message via MSN to kokanaden
Hmmz, back to the same old thing again. Sickening endings and all that strong words. Sigh.

If I were an idealist, I might have chosen to support Haruka. However, I'm a realist. The 3 coma years were quite traumatic for Takayuki, and the only person there for him was Mitsuki (I remember mentioning something about his family being conspicuously missing through this whole period). 3 years of experience with Mitsuki, couple with the fact that he had only started to like Haruka (and their relationship was finally getting on track when the accident happened), but all along had a crush on Mitsuki... Throw in the fact Haruka did nothing but lie on the bed those 3 years but made him wallow in guilt each time. From taka's POV, I'd choose Mitsuki. The relationships have evolved with time. Time, together with relationships, won't freeze just because you're in a coma.

In addition, before those accusations start flying again, I would like to state that Mitsuki had not actively pursued Taka during the first part after haruka slipped into a coma. Instead, she took care of him silently, and gave up on just almost everything in her life to help him.

I seem to be rehashing my arguments over and over whenever I post.
__________________
I'm an otaku-hikikomori!

I love <insert name of girl with blue hair, is sporty, is about 1.78m tall, has character, has shapely legs.>*

*sounds suspiciously like Mitsuki Hayase again
kokanaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 11:16   Link #111
Theowne
耳をすませば
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Age: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to Theowne
Quote:
Throw in the fact Haruka did nothing but lie on the bed those 3 years but made him wallow in guilt each time.
Your post makes it seem like it's somehow her fault. What, did you want her to get up and support him while suffering one of the worst fates a person could endure? She didn't choose to "lie on the bed those 3 years". Those 3 years were taken from her. Which is much worse then any of the stuff the other two went through, and yet she still came out at the end the strongest of the 3.

I've always said how it was not until Mitsuki throws herself at him in an intimate matter that Takayuki begins to respond to it. To me, that episode (flashback) shows that rather then Takayuki discovering his hidden love for Mitsuki, rather she was just filling the emotional void in him left by Haruka's sudden accident for that year. The intimacy that had been cut off from him had been "substituted" at that moment, which was what snapped him back to life.
__________________

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 16:54   Link #112
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokanaden
If I were an idealist, I might have chosen to support Haruka. However, I'm a realist.
I don't think it has much to do with being idealistic (I think that's more or less your way of countering)...Taka going insane from not being able to make a choice tells me this could never be an ideal situation...Like him wanting to be with Haruka couldn't have some extent of realness?? There are many characters who I would consider antagonists who I have routed for or really enjoyed...It has alot to do with circumstances and presentation...Mitsuki is no different...So I'm not being REAL because I think that Taka was really torn inside over who to pick? That it was rooted in love aswell as guilt? Trust me I'm the poster guy for real...Certain genres need to have a realistic portrayle despite the unrealistic nature of the anime or genre itself, but based on what is seen in KGNE I wouldn't necessarily label every Haruka supporter as idealistic in nature (Im certainley not as I saw merit for the relationship)...The fact that Taka isn't idealistic about it is good enuff for me not to be...One of the problems i see with people on this side of the coin is that they don't consider Haruka and Taka's relationship real, which may be the case in a teenage love sense which i have said before, but the impact from what happened made it all to real for Taka who just couldn't let go (Then you vividly see what this girl meant to him based on his actions after that)...

Quote:
Throw in the fact Haruka did nothing but lie on the bed those 3 years but made him wallow in guilt each time.
If your mother were in a coma for 3 years would you forget about her or stop caring? Or stop feeling unwarrented guilt if you were somehow involved? Too easy...How about your sister? Brother? Best friend? Good friend? Some guy you knew from economics class? My point is lets stop trying to gauge peoples degree of guilt or love for someone based on this type of situation...I have an aunt that gets heartbroken over stories she sees on the news, I'd hate to see her if someone she actually knew well was terminally hospitalized...Everyone is different...Taka wallowed in guilt for a reason, she never MADE him do anything...The dude could have moved on naturally, but something kept him from doing that...I promise you having to see that girl's best friend on his arm each night had to keep Haruka in his mind by default...Lets not act like we know 100% that is was only unequivically guilt...


Quote:
From taka's POV, I'd choose Mitsuki. The relationships have evolved with time. Time, together with relationships, won't freeze just because you're in a coma.
A relationship that had gone virtually nowhere other than Mitsuki totally pushing nearly every aspect of the relationship to the nth degree....70% Mitsuki, barely 30% Taka and the reason for this you ask?


Quote:
Instead, she took care of him silently, and gave up on just almost everything in her life to help him.
And that was her choice...and the bitter path she walked after that was her choice...Nobody told her to give up all her friends, family, and goals in life...While I can somewhat respect that, you don't always get a reciept for life's payment...and that's what you call REAL? Getting Taka just because she leeched on to him at his lowest point? Just because she put herself on the line she should just automatically win his affections?? In REALITY it doesn't always work like this... I'd say that's somewhat idealistic to think Mitsuki should come out on top just because of time-served...Be damned what Taka is feeling in his heart (which is confused and torn with emotions over his feelings for Haruka)...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 11:02   Link #113
kokanaden
otaku-hikikomori
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 28
Send a message via ICQ to kokanaden Send a message via MSN to kokanaden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne
Your post makes it seem like it's somehow her fault. What, did you want her to get up and support him while suffering one of the worst fates a person could endure? She didn't choose to "lie on the bed those 3 years". Those 3 years were taken from her. Which is much worse then any of the stuff the other two went through, and yet she still came out at the end the strongest of the 3.

I've always said how it was not until Mitsuki throws herself at him in an intimate matter that Takayuki begins to respond to it. To me, that episode (flashback) shows that rather then Takayuki discovering his hidden love for Mitsuki, rather she was just filling the emotional void in him left by Haruka's sudden accident for that year. The intimacy that had been cut off from him had been "substituted" at that moment, which was what snapped him back to life.
Haha you mis-read me. What I have said all along did not mean I said it was her fault. It was no one's fault. Not Taka, not Mitsuki, not Haruka. It was an accident. My main point is that even though it may not seem fair to Haruka, that she had to lie comatose during that 3 years, it was a fact she did nothing but bring guilt and grief to Takayuki. Not her fault, but time moves on, and during that period, the person who was there for Taka was Mitsuki. Their relationship "progressed" while Haruka's relationship stagnated.

You could say that Taka was using "Mitsuki" all along to fill his emotional void. Fair argument. However, I think I mentioned (maybe in another thread here), that Mitsuki had on many occasions, after Haruka's awakening, given Taka a choice. He evaded it, and chose to try and retain Mitsuki, yet cover up his guilt for Haruka. Mitsuki's act of desperation (while it may be construed as overboard to some) jolted him to his senses. What we disagree on was whether it was selfish, or whether it was well-intentioned. I don't think we'll ever agree on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
I don't think it has much to do with being idealistic (I think that's more or less your way of countering)...Taka going insane from not being able to make a choice tells me this could never be an ideal situation...Like him wanting to be with Haruka couldn't have some extent of realness?? There are many characters who I would consider antagonists who I have routed for or really enjoyed...It has alot to do with circumstances and presentation...Mitsuki is no different...So I'm not being REAL because I think that Taka was really torn inside over who to pick? That it was rooted in love aswell as guilt? Trust me I'm the poster guy for real...Certain genres need to have a realistic portrayle despite the unrealistic nature of the anime or genre itself, but based on what is seen in KGNE I wouldn't necessarily label every Haruka supporter as idealistic in nature (Im certainley not as I saw merit for the relationship)...The fact that Taka isn't idealistic about it is good enuff for me not to be...One of the problems i see with people on this side of the coin is that they don't consider Haruka and Taka's relationship real, which may be the case in a teenage love sense which i have said before, but the impact from what happened made it all to real for Taka who just couldn't let go (Then you vividly see what this girl meant to him based on his actions after that)...
Taka was idealistic about it, from what I can see. He wanted both Haruka and Mitsuki, which explained his dishonesty towards Mitsuki, on at least 2 occasions. I don't deny (you know this very well) that Taka and Haruka had a blossoming relationship which was cruelly put to a stop by the accident, which was something no one had expected. Time doesn't stop there. In addition, the story does not consist purely of Taka and Haruka. There's Mitsuki, and to a lesser extent, Shinji and Akane. During these 3 years, Taka's relationship with them have continued to evolve, particularly with Mitsuki, who was his pillar of support (well-intentioned or not). Therefore, when it came to the crunch, naturally Taka would be inclined to choose Mitsuki. At no point in the show did I see any signs pointing to the contrary, because Taka had failed to resist Mitsuki, failed to be honest with Mitsuki, despite him cozying up to Haruka each time he visited the hospital.

[QUOTE=wingdarkness]
If your mother were in a coma for 3 years would you forget about her or stop caring? Or stop feeling unwarrented guilt if you were somehow involved? Too easy...How about your sister? Brother? Best friend? Good friend? Some guy you knew from economics class? My point is lets stop trying to gauge peoples degree of guilt or love for someone based on this type of situation...I have an aunt that gets heartbroken over stories she sees on the news, I'd hate to see her if someone she actually knew well was terminally hospitalized...Everyone is different...Taka wallowed in guilt for a reason, she never MADE him do anything...The dude could have moved on naturally, but something kept him from doing that...I promise you having to see that girl's best friend on his arm each night had to keep Haruka in his mind by default...Lets not act like we know 100% that is was only unequivically guilt...[/UNQUOTE]

I don't quite get your point here. What are you trying to tell me? That Taka's guilt was not just because of his perceived view that he "caused her to be involved in the accident"? And that being with Mitsuki, or according to Theowne, "using Mitsuki to fill the emotional void" was part of the reason why he avoided visiting Haruka all along? All the above are right, and it simply means guilt. Guilt that he cannot reverse the accident, guilt that while she's lying helplessly there, he making use of someone else to move on with life. I agree with you; being with Mitsuki contributed to his guilt. It was something of his own choosing, though (to quote an analogy, Mitsuki's act of desperation was sort of some drifting piece of wood a drowning man aka Taka sees), but he cannot truly be blamed for it. He might have recovered naturally, he might not have. We never know, so I'm not going to bother about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
A relationship that had gone virtually nowhere other than Mitsuki totally pushing nearly every aspect of the relationship to the nth degree....70% Mitsuki, barely 30% Taka and the reason for this you ask?
Again i must say you're being biased about it. Mitsuki had confronted Taka on many occasions, and Taka had the chance to say whatever that was on his mind: That he needed time to choose, he felt Haruka needed him etc. etc. etc. Which is my point: He needed to be honest with Mitsuki. But no, he smiled and kissed Mitsuki, assured her that everything was alright, then cozied up to Haruka. I can't bring myself to blame Mitsuki for her actions, because she takes Taka's words for it, but his actions betray his words, and she's at a loss of what to do. Who wouldn't fight to retain the love of the other in your life?

[QUOTE=wingdarkness]
And that was her choice...and the bitter path she walked after that was her choice...Nobody told her to give up all her friends, family, and goals in life...While I can somewhat respect that, you don't always get a reciept for life's payment...and that's what you call REAL? Getting Taka just because she leeched on to him at his lowest point? Just because she put herself on the line she should just automatically win his affections?? In REALITY it doesn't always work like this... I'd say that's somewhat idealistic to think Mitsuki should come out on top just because of time-served...Be damned what Taka is feeling in his heart (which is confused and torn with emotions over his feelings for Haruka)...[/UNQUOTE]

No doubt, she chose that road, and I thank you for respecting that. And just as you said, it is wrong for me to expect Mitsuki to end up with Taka just because she sacrificed everything for Taka, so is it wrong for anyone to claim that Haruka ending up with Taka just because they were together 3 years before is also wrong. In any case, you miss my point. I re-iterate that from Taka's POV, it is more likely he would have chosen Mitsuki; after all, whatever she had done for him over the past 3 years was vivid in his mind. In addition, despite the simmering guilt during the past 3 years, they actually still shared happy and intimate moments, which also remains vivid in his mind. Contrast that to Haruka, who just awoke from a coma, whose memories he has of is more distant compared to Mitsuki. Add on to the fact he was trying to juggle both, instead of choosing one over the other. Taking that into account, I'd think Taka choosing Mitsuki was quite the natural thing to do.

I still think Taka was the main troublemaker. And it has to do with him trying to two-time both without being honest. I can understand if he is unwilling to tell Haruka, but Mitsuki? No reason not to.

Another long post. *pant*
__________________
I'm an otaku-hikikomori!

I love <insert name of girl with blue hair, is sporty, is about 1.78m tall, has character, has shapely legs.>*

*sounds suspiciously like Mitsuki Hayase again
kokanaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 19:38   Link #114
yellowkaiq
~Chrno + Rosette~
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Somewhere in the USA
Send a message via AIM to yellowkaiq
I will remain forever a Mitsuki fan. Go blue-haired chicks.
__________________


Youtube.com/timelesstroll - Check me out!
yellowkaiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-27, 14:06   Link #115
llama
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Arizona
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to llama
I just got done watching this series, and I have to say Mitsuki annoys the heck out of me. Really, with friends like her, who needs enemies? Even if you like a guy, you don't go stealing him from your best friend. You just don't. Or at least, I wouldn't.

A lot of what happened links back to Mitsuki in some way. First of all, Takayuki wouldn't have been late to pick Haruka up in the first place if Mitsuki didn't come over acting all, "AHH! It's my birthday HINT HINT! BUY ME A RING!!!" To me I think that was rude in the first place. For some reason I've always been bothered by girls who ask guys to buy them things.

And then it was almost like she was glad Haruka got in that accident by the way she was all over Takayuki. And when he didn't respond to her she got naked and threw herself at him. That's real admirable when you're friend is lying helpless in a coma.

And after all she did to get Takayuki, she goes and cheats on him with his best friend. Does she just have an infatuation with killing relationships? She was definitely weak and it's hard for me to have any sympathy for her. Most of her pain was brought on her because of her own actions. Seriously I could go on grumbling about this girl for days.

Really the only one who stayed innocent through the whole series was Haruka, and she has the most strength in my eyes. I definitely side with her.
llama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-27, 15:29   Link #116
bluelotus
TuxRacer :D
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Europe
@llama
*rofl*
Well - you confirm my theory. So I quote myself:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelotus
What I would've found way more interesting than the gender of the respondent is the age of the respondent. Because I believe the older the viewer of this anime is the more he is able to empathize with Mitsukis and Takas situation, their feelings and their flaws - simply because of life experiance.
I think when you are young you have a clear picture of what LOVE has to be like, with strict regularias (see all these comments about Mitsuki betraying her best friend Haruka etc. - that's childish bullshit imo). But that's not what life is alike, isn't it?! There is NO black and white - and ironically I have to post this common quote/lore here: In war and love there aren't any rules.
So here we go once more

Quote:
Originally Posted by llama
I just got done watching this series, and I have to say Mitsuki annoys the heck out of me. Really, with friends like her, who needs enemies? Even if you like a guy, you don't go stealing him from your best friend. You just don't. Or at least, I wouldn't.
Only short: the probability of waking up from a several month lasting coma converges against zero. If it happens it's often called a 'miracle'.
So basically what you're saying is that Takayuki has to wait for Haruka no matter what even though it's nearly sure she never ever will wake up from the coma? That's pretty harsh I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by llama
A lot of what happened links back to Mitsuki in some way. First of all, Takayuki wouldn't have been late to pick Haruka up in the first place if Mitsuki didn't come over acting all, "AHH! It's my birthday HINT HINT! BUY ME A RING!!!" To me I think that was rude in the first place. For some reason I've always been bothered by girls who ask guys to buy them things.
Hmmm... so Mitsuki can foresee the future and did it intentional to involve Haruka in the accident. C'mon - thats not a magic supernatural ... show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by llama
And then it was almost like she was glad Haruka got in that accident by the way she was all over Takayuki. And when he didn't respond to her she got naked and threw herself at him. That's real admirable when you're friend is lying helpless in a coma.
If you didn't noticed: that was the only thing to get Taka to snap out of his self destruction she can think of. And it worked!
Besides I think she has all the right to make the move on him: she really loves him - that ever should be reason enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by llama
And after all she did to get Takayuki, she goes and cheats on him with his best friend. Does she just have an infatuation with killing relationships? She was definitely weak and it's hard for me to have any sympathy for her. Most of her pain was brought on her because of her own actions. Seriously I could go on grumbling about this girl for days.
From my point of view that definitely wasn't 'cheating'. She searched for her self-confidence and independance from Takayuki simply to survive emotionally and struggled to find a way for her how to do it. A great part of the responsibility for that goes to Takayuki with his insecurity in his own feelings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by llama
Really the only one who stayed innocent through the whole series was Haruka, and she has the most strength in my eyes. I definitely side with her.
Well yeah - she's the emotionally strongest in the mix. But that doesn't make her automatically a better person. The thing is: all of these characters acted with good intentions. But some of them (Mitsuki/Takayuki) simply have to deal with more complicated issues than others (Haruka). Sure - Haruka has to face reallity in the end. But Mitsuki, Takayuki, Akane... all must go through the lost of the best friend/lover/sister... and that for the three years! And they dealt with it - with more or less success - but they dealt with it!
bluelotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-29, 00:43   Link #117
LCeh
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
I go with Mitsuki and I am male, because I thought she suffered a lot of hardships while she was supporting Takayuki, and the fact that Takayuki kept hurting her cause of his indecisiveness really pissed me off and helped me to sympathize for her.

As for her whole betrayal thing, I haven't read the entire thread yet, so I am not sure if this has been said, but she made her move while Haruka was still unconsious. Who knows if she would ever wake up, and the way Takayuki was going, his health and his career was majorly going downhill and clearly needed a jolt. So I can't really see how she can be blamed for that.
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 22:19   Link #118
Whitesparkles
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
I support Mistuki AND Haruka.....WHY? because first of all Mistuki is not afraid to express how she feels in situations not like Haruka........and because ppl seem to judge her just by watching what she did..instead of thinking what she is feeling at that moment...u know how hard it is to secretly like someone but u shouldnt because ur BEST FRIEND liks him....and having to see the man u like suffer while his gf is in a coma....i think i would do the same thing if i were in that situation...i think what Mitsuki did was over all understandable( is that a word) and realistic....just face it ppl......in the real world....the human heart is full of selfishness...we strive to get what we want when it's at the position of vulnarablity and this was the situation Takayuki was in........he needed somone to comfort him..and i dunt mean just "comforting" i mean the intimate way!!!!!!! From that point on...Mitsuki had already got what she wanted.......

For Haruka..i do feel sorry for her but in the beginning of show..i find her annoying because of that quiet and shy spirit she had just irritated me....but i believe she is the strongest character from the entire series.....eventhough i didnt like her before the coma, but after the coma....i think she grew up alot considering that fact that she had slept for 3 years.......she seem to understand what path to take and when to let go of a man who doesnt realli love her anymore, instead her bestfriend.........she has the confidence to move on with life instead of trying to keep someone who she had lost.......something that Mistuki wont be able to do....Mitsuki gave up everything for Takayuki...so if losing him to Haruka would cause a mental breakdown for her and who knows what would happen after the serie.........
Whitesparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 15:50   Link #119
idofgrahf
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: In the fields of elysuim
Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
The choice should be simple. Haruka was in a coma for 3 years, people usually pulled the plug on you after 1, the fact that she woke up at all is amazing. Its easy to say wait for three years for a person, its another thing entirly to actually do it. So Mistuki. There is no reason Taka should be wasting his time to wait for Haruka to wake up after the first year, cause the chances are she's not going to. Before others start saying its his fault, its not, he was not the one to run her over, had he been there, they might have both been hit, its pointless to predict what ifs. No, I am not a Haruka hater, but in real life where people divorce each other over trivial things, waiting for 3 years for a comatosed person without moving on or self distruct, is impossible, its either move on with your life or ruine it with guilt.

As Mistuki betraying Haruka, first of all, its unlikely haruka would wake up, secondly Haruka got to know Taka BECAUSE Mistuki helped her, third, no one alive has always watched out for the interest of others and not their own or else that person would have donated their internal organs to those in need. Everyone watch out for their own interests, that includes Haruka, Mitsuki, Taka even lMother theresa does to some extend, and Mitsuki certainly aint no saint. Mistuki has a right to happiness just like the rest of us, how is it wrong for her to fight for it?

llama: it is more rude actually to not give gifts to your friends when its their birthday in nippon, as a friend, he should know the date of her birtday, obvisouly he didn't, she told him and it is customary to give gifts.
__________________
Even if I go to hell I will live till the end of this world. If the world does not come to an end, then I will destroy it with my own hands!

Lacan/Grahf

Last edited by idofgrahf; 2006-09-05 at 16:19.
idofgrahf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-23, 20:47   Link #120
cliodhna
Newbie:)
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Philippines
Age: 23
i would go for haruka.
haruka ended up as the strongest one in the end. she didn't end up with takayuki yes, but she's better off that way. she's too good for him. (you know what i mean?) anyway.. mistuki sure experienced lots of pain i knw, but her having sex with their friend to forget things sure wasn't a bright idea. tsk tsk.. but, its nice to see that she was able to get the happiness she was looking for with taka.
__________________
_-=~*+*Every story has it's end*+*~=-_
~cliodhna~
cliodhna is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.