AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

View Poll Results: Haruka or Mitsuki?
Haruka, and respondent is male 258 45.50%
Haruka, and respondent is female 53 9.35%
Mitsuki, and respondent is male 216 38.10%
Mitsuki, and respondent is female 40 7.05%
Voters: 567. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-11-28, 19:20   Link #141
anselfir
Style Über Alles
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NYC/Chicago
well, ok, but you missed out on some rocking expositions on causality and the concept of blame.
__________________
anselfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 15:20   Link #142
Pengu
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
I am male and I did choose Haruka in the end for a few reasons. 1st I am a hopeless romantic but that's not the real reason I guess. Haruka is really sweet and I know I'd have her undevoted love as long as I live. I would feel very secure and happy being with a person with that personality and such a huge heart. Ah...

But the funny thing is Mitsuki is the one I felt for in the whole series. Sure, she got more air-time and she was beatiful, but so was Haruka. What did tip it over was the unpredictable nature of Mitsuki. Solving problems by drinking and jumping into the sack with anyone is not something my heart would be able to take. I am not saying she is totally at fault cause Taka did act like an idiot at times.
But such an act would just crush my heart.
So it feels weird. Going by heart 100% I would go with Mitsuki, but heart and brain says Haruka. Mitsuki's unpredictability just makes me know that she'd destroy me sooner or later.

But I must say that both of them are fantastic individuals and any person would be lucky to meet either of them.
I don't really see a real villain in this story. Has to be Taka since he's so lucky and doesn't even knows it. Then he acts so indecisivly and hurts both Haruka and Mitsuki.
All in all this is just a story about life. No one fault, just unfortunate circumstances.
Pengu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 03:35   Link #143
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
I love Haruka, personally she has suffered the most, the fact that she never did anything wrong and was sent into a coma and had 3 years of her life taken away from her, on top of that her bestfriend stole her boyfriend and then she had to struggle with dealing with this situation and at the same time try to regain her memory.......

No matter how much ppl justify the fact that Mitsuki suffered, the fact is she has done some pretty bad things, for one she kept takyuki late and caused Haruka accident, then she stole him from her while she was in a coma.. While i'll have to admit she suffered too, her suffering was i find quite justifiable as she has done some pretty dirty things.. while Haruka on the other hand done nothing to deserve any of this and this really make me feel bad for her.. whenever i see the final ep it always makes me cry because seeing all of Haruka's suffering come down to that one moment just overwhelmed me...

I also admire Haruka's courage in this situation, forcing herself to walk to be able to confront Takyuki.. I really feel Haruka just got the wrong end of the deal... So i'm really glad they are going to make an alternate ending concerning her... I felt the picture book in the end really ended it well and explained all her feelings and that just make me like her more!! so Haruka forever!!
holyman282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 15:36   Link #144
Blue_Mercy
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Blue Raider Nation
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
I love Haruka, personally she has suffered the most, the fact that she never did anything wrong and was sent into a coma and had 3 years of her life taken away from her, on top of that her bestfriend stole her boyfriend and then she had to struggle with dealing with this situation and at the same time try to regain her memory.......

No matter how much ppl justify the fact that Mitsuki suffered, the fact is she has done some pretty bad things, for one she kept takyuki late and caused Haruka accident, then she stole him from her while she was in a coma.. While i'll have to admit she suffered too, her suffering was i find quite justifiable as she has done some pretty dirty things.. while Haruka on the other hand done nothing to deserve any of this and this really make me feel bad for her.. whenever i see the final ep it always makes me cry because seeing all of Haruka's suffering come down to that one moment just overwhelmed me...

I also admire Haruka's courage in this situation, forcing herself to walk to be able to confront Takyuki.. I really feel Haruka just got the wrong end of the deal... So i'm really glad they are going to make an alternate ending concerning her... I felt the picture book in the end really ended it well and explained all her feelings and that just make me like her more!! so Haruka forever!!

I just watched the series and this person hit it perfectly. Though this definitely should have been put with spoiler tags. I have to wonder if the anime producers get hit in the head before they make the endings to these type of shows. i.e. Shuffle, Canvas etc.
__________________
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 16:22   Link #145
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
No matter how much ppl justify the fact that Mitsuki suffered, the fact is she has done some pretty bad things, for one she kept takyuki late and caused Haruka accident, then she stole him from her while she was in a coma.. While i'll have to admit she suffered too, her suffering was i find quite justifiable as she has done some pretty dirty things.. while Haruka on the other hand done nothing to deserve any of this and this really make me feel bad for her.. whenever i see the final ep it always makes me cry because seeing all of Haruka's suffering come down to that one moment just overwhelmed me...
yea but! life moves on ~ nobody would have known when haruka (if ever) was going to wake up ever again...while haruka remained at a standstill everyone else carried on moving forward into the future and had to work hard to survive...it was only due to mitski's effort which kept taka and that in itself deserves recongition from him...
i wouldnt say that mitski stole taka but in fact think of it as taka being emotionally touched by her after soo long and developing feelings for her...she recognized how much he needed mitski and visa versa...its just that with haruka waking up 3 years later it kinda threw taka off a little...with him having to pretend that it was still in the past...life moves on and you can stop people's emotion from progressing after youve been taken out of the picture for soo long...
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 17:26   Link #146
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
yea but! life moves on ~ nobody would have known when haruka (if ever) was going to wake up ever again...while haruka remained at a standstill everyone else carried on moving forward into the future and had to work hard to survive...it was only due to mitski's effort which kept taka and that in itself deserves recongition from him...
i wouldnt say that mitski stole taka but in fact think of it as taka being emotionally touched by her after soo long and developing feelings for her...she recognized how much he needed mitski and visa versa...its just that with haruka waking up 3 years later it kinda threw taka off a little...with him having to pretend that it was still in the past...life moves on and you can stop people's emotion from progressing after youve been taken out of the picture for soo long...
Yes i know the overall theme of the series is about letting go of the past and moving on, and i do realise that KGNE wouldn't have the same sort of effect if Taka ended up with Haruka, it's just that i sympathise with Haruka's situation, i mean wouldn't anyone? I feel just like what she said, and that is "it's not fair" I realise that in reality things aren't fair and that's why i sympathise with Haruka.

While it's true Mitsuki helped him through the situation or losing Haruka, she didn't do it out of selflessness, in fact it is said in the anime that she felt glad that she can date taka now! Also if you notice that all the time she was looking after Taka in that weak emotional state she was hoping by her presence that he will forget about Haruka and the fact being he never did, afterwards she became so desperate that she threw herself at him in his moment of weakness where his sense of judgement is at it's all time low!

If Mitsuki and Taka got together because Taka realised how useful she was then i would of been satisfied, but instead she saw that it wasn't working so she used sex and burdened him with her emotions at his time of weakness to get Taka. I feel that it is backstabbing low and she simply took advantage of both Taka and Haruka's situation..
holyman282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 18:29   Link #147
Jayjs20
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Jayjs20
I'll just throw in my 2 cents real quick. I'm a Mitsuki fan and I've done more then my share of arguing for her sake.

I don't dislike either girls and I don't blame the Haruka fans for hating her so much. Mitsuki did not behave like a saint and from what I gather, that's the number 1 reason why people dislike her so much. She's made bad choices and alot of her actions can be seen as selfish. But really, what do you expect?

Though on the outside, Mitsuki appears to have a strong exterior, she is actually the weakest emotionally. People who think she just grow up and face it like an adult ...well, it's not as easy as it sounds. It's true that anime throws around all these ideals about heroism and courage, so you might come to expect it ...but when you think about it, Mitsuki has barely passed her teen years. All you can really expect from her is for her to act and think like a late-teenage girl.

I don't approve of her cheating on Taki like that. But when taking into consideration her feelings on an emotional level, I can sympathize with her. Even forgive her if I was in Taki's place. You can only feel dead inside for so long before you abandon your judgement and do something reckless like that. I guess I can personally throw out the 'been there-done that' line. That's maybe why I like her character, because I can relate to her and do know how she feels and how broken up she is.

Cheating is not always as simple as cheating. "I need sex because I'm horny" is very different from "I've become so numb that I need to feel something". One of the greatest pleasures known to human is love and estacy ...she sure couldn't bare to ask of it from Taki. After the act, the half the fans weren't the only one to hate her. She hated herself as well.

Mitsuki is a very fragile character, she's not nearly as strong as Haruka. And yet, she had to endure the greatest amount of pain and hardship out of any of the characters on this show. She's emotionally weak because she has burden of trying to make herself happy and it negatively effected others. It is because she's weak that she makes these bad judgements.

You can't expect her to give and give and give all the time especially when considering the stage of her life she's in. I don't think anyone can blame her too much for breaking down and for her bad judgements when considering all this.
Jayjs20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 22:13   Link #148
Pengu
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
I don't think Mitsuki is expecially weak at all, just very human.
The most unrealistic thing about it all is the 2 superwomen falling for Mr grey. Mitsuki could have had anyone she'd want. Haruka also practically. So at least over 20 guys have asked them out and no one has accepted and both only want Mr Grey (who has something I really would like to know) and just has to become adversaries. Must be some kind of parallell universe these things happen
There are so many extreme circumstances in this story that I find the scenario way out there.
In my eyes nobody deserves to loose but the creators made it so there could be no real happy ending.
So I take great solace that having 2 make that kind of choice is never gonna happen for noone in this world
That way I don't feel that bad at all over the ending.

Still a wonderful story though.
Pengu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 10:37   Link #149
kokanaden
otaku-hikikomori
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 27
Send a message via ICQ to kokanaden Send a message via MSN to kokanaden
Back from a looooong hiatus, and the first thing I discovered is: where are all my previous posts on this issue? Argh!

During the hiatus, I have been enriching myself with doses of tearjerkers like 1 Litre of Tears (a must watch for all dorama fans) and anime like Honey and Clover (also another must watch!), and missed Mentar posting on this issue again. Shucks.

I've nothing much to add to the argument here, I'd just like to turn the focus away from the girls to that of Takayuki: Did he actually deserve either at the end?

Ahh..... the paradox of love: So selfish, yet so selfless at the same time.
__________________
I'm an otaku-hikikomori!

I love <insert name of girl with blue hair, is sporty, is about 1.78m tall, has character, has shapely legs.>*

*sounds suspiciously like Mitsuki Hayase again
kokanaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 18:52   Link #150
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
While it's true Mitsuki helped him through the situation or losing Haruka, she didn't do it out of selflessness, in fact it is said in the anime that she felt glad that she can date taka now!
That's entirely news to me. When was that supposed to have happened? Episode and timecode please. I think I know the story very well, and the anime _never_ "said" that anywhere.

Rather, Mitsuki helped out Takayuki for two reasons: A feeling of being responsible for the disaster mixed with a healthy dose of guilt trip.

Quote:
Also if you notice that all the time she was looking after Taka in that weak emotional state she was hoping by her presence that he will forget about Haruka and the fact being he never did, afterwards she became so desperate that she threw herself at him in his moment of weakness where his sense of judgement is at it's all time low!
Nonsense aswell. She waited for a full year without making any passes on him. She only snapped _herself_ in a dreadful night right after she saw Takayuki try to carry a comatose patient out of her room, devastated after being forbidden to return to her. Takayuki was going to hell mentally, and she was suffering with him. Unless of course you seriously believe that Mitsuki was faking her teary-eyed outburst in this night, coldly calculating that THIS was the moment to strike.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 19:07   Link #151
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjs20 View Post
Mitsuki is a very fragile character, she's not nearly as strong as Haruka. And yet, she had to endure the greatest amount of pain and hardship out of any of the characters on this show. She's emotionally weak because she has burden of trying to make herself happy and it negatively effected others. It is because she's weak that she makes these bad judgements.
I don't think that we're really in a position to compare Mitsuki to Haruka here. Their situations were way too different.

Pre-accident, Mitsuki was clearly the more confident and independent person, with Haruka being very soft and passive (but courageous enough to confess). Post-accident, she was suffering through one year of total hell and two years of uneasiness in a seemingly lukewarm relationship - only to see her personal life unravel before her eyes with Takayuki's wavering after Haruka's waking up. That's quite a bit of strain. Do we know how Haruka would have dealt with a situation like this? Long emotional erosion is much more difficult to withstand than dealing with sudden shocking blows.

Mitsuki made her share of grave mistakes, particularly taking the crazy advice from her senpai leading to the Shinji escapade. On the plus side, she had the spine to call it quits by herself and moving on when (from her point of view) it was over, yielding Takayuki to Haruka on her own volition.

Haruka didn't have to suffer at all most of the time, brutally put. She only went through hell in the few days between waking up from the coma a second time, when she finally understood the situation. And even in the final showdown at the beach, she still tried her hardest until she was finally rejected (very understandably so).

The admirable aspects of Haruka were her ability to accept Takayuki's call in the end in very good grace and sending him off with her blessing. And the awesome gesture with her book, the "Hontou no Takaramono". In it, she's extending a hand to Mitsuki and Takayuki, offering forgiveness and asking to be reunited as friends. I loved the allegory, and the great heart she proved in doing so.

In summary, the situations were way too different to judge "emotional strength" IMHO. Had the roles been reversed, I'm not sure that Haruka would have fared better.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 20:55   Link #152
Jayjs20
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Jayjs20
I hope you didn't just say shy people are emotionally weaker then outgoing people. I don't want to say that it's been proven, but when push comes to shove, people who tend to be more reserved can be just as aggressive as the rest.

The difference between Mitsuki and Haruka reminds me of Yukino from Kare Kano. Namely, the change she went through in episode 4. Pre-accident, Mitsuki lives her life with a mask on her face. She doesn't pursue the things she wants. She doesn't allow anyone to come near or hurt her. Haruku has no such shell and allows herself to be hurt. That does not make her weaker. If anything, this makes her strong(just a thought, I won't argue for it).

Post-accident, Mitsuki's shell eventually fades away. Her weaknesses, her insecurities; that void within her that exist in everyone, she fills with Taka to a point where she grows dependant of him. That's very natural for a human being to do, none-the-less a growing late-teenage girl. The feelings that Mitsuki shares for Taka is the very definition of what a soul mater is. She can't lose Taka because it would be like losing a part of herself.

Haruka, on the other hand, has been living her life with her true self exposed. She's used to being hurt by little things here and there and can handle them much better then Mitsuki can. That is why I say Haruka is much stronger emotionally then Mitsuki is.
Jayjs20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 21:08   Link #153
DanielSong39
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Am I alone in thinking that Takayuki should've ditched both girls and gone after Akane?
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 23:29   Link #154
Pengu
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Eh?
That if something would had made him into a total swine.
So many wrongs with that act I wouldn't know where to begin...
Pengu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 02:30   Link #155
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjs20 View Post
I hope you didn't just say shy people are emotionally weaker then outgoing people. I don't want to say that it's been proven, but when push comes to shove, people who tend to be more reserved can be just as aggressive as the rest.
I'd define "emotional strength" in a slightly different way: The ability to cope with emotional strain in a positive way. Being able to face and overcome hardships on your own.

Quote:
The difference between Mitsuki and Haruka reminds me of Yukino from Kare Kano. Namely, the change she went through in episode 4. Pre-accident, Mitsuki lives her life with a mask on her face. She doesn't pursue the things she wants.
Well - not QUITE. She does pursue her swimming hobby with great enthusiasm and success. It's her latent interest in Takayuki which she didn't express in time, before Haruka laid claim on him (and Mitsuki yielded). This part was only hinted at in the anime though and was much clearer in the game. She expected that Takayuki would not accept Haruka's confession, so when she checked up on his reaction, she gave first hints of her own interest - but Takayuki was too dense to pick them up. If this "not opposing her friend" is "wearing a mask" to you, I agree. Otherwise not.

Quote:
She doesn't allow anyone to come near or hurt her. Haruku has no such shell and allows herself to be hurt. That does not make her weaker. If anything, this makes her strong(just a thought, I won't argue for it).
I think I have to disagree. Pre-accident, Mitsuki was extremely outspoken and genki, very much herself. She wasn't forcing herself in any way, except for the sole Takayuki issue. She even dragged Haruka to pursue Takayuki and to summon up her courage to confess.

Quote:
Post-accident, Mitsuki's shell eventually fades away. Her weaknesses, her insecurities; that void within her that exist in everyone, she fills with Taka to a point where she grows dependant of him. That's very natural for a human being to do, none-the-less a growing late-teenage girl. The feelings that Mitsuki shares for Taka is the very definition of what a soul mater is. She can't lose Taka because it would be like losing a part of herself.
And here I'd say "just the other way around". Post-accident, Mitsuki is forced to _put on_ a mask. She needs to cover her feelings of guilt and her own feelings for Takayuki in order to care for him. It's Takayuki who's growing dependent on Mitsuki's pampering and care (just remember the way he withered away when Mitsuki left), but who at the same time is so wrapped up in his own emotional trauma that he never manages to really move on and _be_ with Mitsuki after she confessed herself. Mitsuki at the same time is _not_ her real self anymore. Her genkiness is gone. She is still haunted by the past and constantly hurt by Takayuki's lack of progress, but her own feelings of responsibility, guilt and attachment to Takayuki keep her hanging on.

Example: In one scene, we see Mitsuki leaving Takayuki's apartment, lamenting that "nothing has changed". That's what a mask is - she doesn't show these thoughts to him. Pre-accident, she never had qualms confronting Takayuki with anything which got on her nerves. She's seething with worries and jealousy after Haruka woke up first, but it took quite some time for her until she broke down and confronted Takayuki. Therefore, after Haruka woke up, this was the time when her mask gradually disappeared and the suppressed hurting surfaced. This however was no show of emotional "strength". It was the exact opposite: A sign that her emotional strength was past her breaking point. She couldn't maintain her mask anymore.

Quote:
Haruka, on the other hand, has been living her life with her true self exposed. She's used to being hurt by little things here and there and can handle them much better then Mitsuki can. That is why I say Haruka is much stronger emotionally then Mitsuki is.
Brutally put, except for the 2 episodes post-second-coma, Haruka was never really exposed to hardships. And here, she "masked" herself just fine. Remember episode13, where Takayuki accidentally hears her anguish when he approached her hospital door. "I want to be with him, and yet... why won't my legs move? GIVE ME BACK MY YEARS!!!!" - that's not what he showed to him before, rather her sweet confident smile.

Mitsuki was emotionally tortured over years, Haruka only got hit with a horrible hammer once. Therefore, their situations were too different IMHO to really draw conclusions...
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 04:32   Link #156
Jayjs20
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Jayjs20
Well, suit yourself. Like I said, I've done more then my share of arguing on this series. I've already posted twice, which is something I told myself I wouldn't do.

Like on some issues where you outright disagree with me on, there are a few things where I plainly disagree with you on; or an oversight that I think you missed. Anyways, it is a different perspective on things, however, and I can see how you would draw such a conclusion. I just see it in a different light.
Jayjs20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 22:07   Link #157
anselfir
Style Über Alles
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NYC/Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Am I alone in thinking that Takayuki should've ditched both girls and gone after Akane?
probably, you are.
__________________
anselfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 15:34   Link #158
ono
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Discussing Akane in Haruka vs Mitsuki thread eh? :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Am I alone in thinking that Takayuki should've ditched both girls and gone after Akane?
Oh no you're not! While it would be a very strange choice if you judge only by the anime, the game gives many more opportunities to fall for Akane.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Pengu View Post
Eh?
That if something would had made him into a total swine.
So many wrongs with that act I wouldn't know where to begin...
Hmm, while Takayuki going after Akane does sound awful given his situation, Akane routes are in fact very good in the game. They all have things winding tighter and tighter until at one moment something happens and the whole situation blows up with everybody flying in random directions - it's very difficult to put a blame on anybody in particular this way. I especially love the emotional rollercoaster of an ending where he
Spoiler:
It's like the whole car accident scenario replay coming at you again after all your protection is stripped down.

Also, not all of them are that wrong-sounding.
Spoiler:
ono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 18:10   Link #159
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Am I alone in thinking that Takayuki should've ditched both girls and gone after Akane?
in that case he really would deserve to be shot. Not like he doesn't anyway.
__________________
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 07:04   Link #160
Tarot
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
LONG and filled w/******SPOILERS******

Okay, first of all I seem to be in the minority here because most of the gender confirmations here have been male. I’m female, and unless I’ve completely misread (sorry if that’s the case) the other two posts on this made by known females, I agree with them--
  1. Haruka deserved better, a better friend AND a better boyfriend.
  2. Mitsuki and Takayuki deserve each other

At the end of watching the anime, I felt for both of the girls. While I definitely liked Haruka (despite being less-developed on a human-level b/c of lack of screen time) at the end where she (wisely) makes the best possible choice, Mitsuki (the more “human” of the two) really got me feeling her pain. It should be noted here that I'm fully aware that IF Haruka had been more developed as a character, I have NO doubt that my opinion of her would be different.

Now, I will admit that I have a tendency toward liking the self-sufficient “strong” and independent female characters more, I could definitely see where Mitsuki was coming from…which is why I’m sad to say that I simply (as much as I may want to b/c I sympathize with her) cannot find any valid reasons for her behavior.

Weakness as an excuse
Mitsuki says it herself, she’s a weak person; but still, she tries her best to look after someone she cares about. Granted, she isn’t too bright and consequentially the way she goes about it is completely wrong, but she is trying. I have to give her credit for that. The part I really didn't understand though, is where instead of (upon realizing her fallacy) trying to correct it and take steps to become a stronger person, she willingly decides to remain a weak person and kind of 'try to have things work even so.' To me, that is a total mistake. It felt like she was too unwilling to try and solve (at least her) part of the problem herself, and let things play out the way they will. Now, that's fine if she decides to do that, but then IF that is indeed what she decides, she has no right to feel sorry for herself/whine about it later. The part that really irritated me, is that she does (whine/pity herself).

Emotionalism as an excuse
Women get a lot of bad rap for being "too emotional." So far, a lot of the posts I've seen here say what Mitsuki did was okay b/c she was "in love" or because she was really hurting. I know she was really hurting. You'd have to be blind and deaf w/o a tactile translator to be unaware of that while watching the anime. I myself felt really sorry for her, but at the same time you can’t use that as an excuse for hurting others/just looking out for your own self-interests and expecting people to praise you for it. Think about it, "love" does not make everything you do okay as long as it's the motivating factor (neither does extreme anger, emotional pain, or extreme duress). You can't say "I felt like sh*t so I did something that made my best friend feel like sh*t too;" it's like saying as long as you feel really strongly, your actions (no matter what they may be) are okay. I speak from life experience here. Look at the way our legal system is set up. If you are a psychopath who cuts people up and stores their parts in pickle jars because you "love" them, you still go to jail. If you "love" and beat your child bloody so that they will "learn and become a better person" you still get arrested and charged with child abuse. I'm aware that these are extreme cases and none apply to the storyline of KgNE, but I'm just trying to make a point about how "I did it b/c I loved them" doesn't cut it.

Taking Responsibility

Point-blank, almost everything both Mitsuki AND Taka did was half-a$$ed. This is just my personal preference here but if you're going to do something, for god sakes, do it right (or at least mostly right).
Mitsuki as a Best Friend
  1. Mitsuki was Haruka's "best friend" trying to look out for (Haruka's) best interests. Of course, once Mitsuki realizes that some of her own personal feelings don't overlap with Haruka's, well, we all know which she ends up giving higher priority.
  2. (As has been mentioned in other posts) You don’t get two of your friends together, then keep them apart by getting one of them to pay attention to you. That’s totally selfish (and once again just you looking out for #1).
  3. Mitsuki doesn’t even go to see her “best friend” (frequently) after the accident. ‘Makes me wonder if this whole best friend thing was just a farce in the first place. If my best friend got hit by a car, I’d be there every day for a looong time, but as far as we know, the first time she actually comes to visit Haruka is AFTER she wakes up (and partially only b/c Taka goes to visit). Granted, she is probably guilt-ridden, but Mitsuki owes it to put Haruka to put her own feelings aside (for once) and at least visit once in a while.
  4. Whether or not she means to, Mitsuki plays a part in hiding the fact that she chose to try and (succeed at) have sex (whether or not you call this cheating is up to you) with Haruka’s boyfriend from Haruka, thereby protecting herself/her relationship and forcing Haruka to be exposed to the affections of someone who isn’t genuinely in love/loyal to just her. She’s not doing it on purpose, but if my best friend was keeping me in a relationship with someone who’s cheating/cheated on me, there’d be hell to pay.
  5. Adding to that last one, AFTER Taka and Mitsuki find out that Haruka’s woken up, what’s the first thing they do? The true best friend/boyfriend thing to do would be to call it quits at LEAST until everyone got their priorities straight, but no, Mitsuki/Taka doesn’t do that. Practically the first thing they do is go at it (again)! (Once again, Mitsuki just looking out for having her man and Taka looking to not lose what he’s got)
  6. As others have pointed out, Mitsuki isn’t even present when Haruka gets released from the hospital.
Long story short, Mitsuki needs to learn how to take some god dang responsibility for her actions. If you’re willing to put your feelings ahead of your (comatose) friend’s and go after her boyfriend, then by all means, do so—it’s your choice. If you feel comfortable w/playing the percentages and using that to rationalize your actions, then go right ahead. I’m not judging, I’m not saying right or wrong, all I’m saying is that don’t prioritize yourself above your “best friend” and then pretend you didn’t. Take some responsibility and do the right thing. Quit taking advantage of someone (that you claim to care about) who’s been through a horrible ordeal that (physically & mentally) scarred them for life just to protect yourself/get what you want. (I don't want to say that Mitsuki is a bad person, but taking advantage of a person like that is IMHO the lowest of the low--it's up to each individual person to decide whether or not the fact Mitsuki really really wanted Taka to herself made it okay for her to do what she did to Haruka)

Takayuki as a Boyfriend

As far as I'm concerned, Taka was no prize. From a female perspective yeah, he's a nice guy, but he's also willing to have sex with a girl that's not his girlfriend. It would have been perfectly fine w/me if both girls had dumped him. It's okay to be insecure/indecisive, but playing with two people's emotions like that just isn't right.
  1. The year of despondency after Haruka’s accident was understandable, and it’s easy to see why he had sex with Mitsuki. Convenient? Yes. Understandable? Yes. What many people would have done? Probably. Right? Not really. Had he properly denounced Haruka as his girlfriend before having sex w/Mitsuki, that would have been perfectly okay. But, even after having sex with her, he fails to do so (for many months following in fact). He even seems a bit confused as to whether or not he’s still in a relationship w/Haruka when she wakes up.
  2. Taka consented more than once to having sex w/someone that @ the time was not his [official] girlfriend. I forget which episode it was in, but during one of his visits to the hospital, Haruka wants to sleep with him but he notices her scar and backs off. During this time he has confirmed several times that he is “with” Mitsuki, and yet here he is ready and set to sleep with someone who is clearly NOT Mitsuki. (It can’t be confirmed whether or not he was actually going to go through with it, but if the scar on Haruka’s chest hadn’t been there there’s a definite possibility/probability that he would have)
  3. Though I’m pretty sure Taka isn’t doing all he can to intentionally ‘play’ both girls, he doesn’t do a half-bad job. He ends up making all the right moves to keep both girls interested in him, much in the way someone who’s intentionally trying to ‘play the field’ would. He tells Mitsuki that he’s with her and that his relationship w/Haruka is over. He carefully neglects to mention to Haruka that he’s going out with Mitsuki (and since her sense of time stopped when they were going out, she automatically assumes that they’re still dating) and even does that “spell” with her to confirm his loyalty to her. (Taka could in fact be doing this so that Haruka doesn’t have a mental breakdown at the news of his dating Mitsuki, but it’s highly doubtful that this is the only reason that he doesn’t tell her)
  4. As sweet as their blossoming relationship was, Haruka and Taka’s relationship before the accident was based off of convenience rather than true love (as many relationships are). Sure, they got along great, they enjoyed spending time together, but if when one is out of commission (and thus unable to provide any services/comforts/benefits to the other one) and the other one goes in pursuit of other options, that is not true love. When you really love someone it’s not about what they can do for you—which is why it doesn’t/shouldn’t matter if they’re incapacitated for a length of time. Granted, it’s hard, but as one poster said early on, if you truly love someone, it shouldn’t matter how long they’re out for. SINCE Haruka/Taka’s relationship was not based on true love, it would be wrong of either to assume that they could pick up right where they left off, especially when you consider that Taka’s been fooling around with another girl while Haruka was unable to provide him with any companionship/benefits of being a girlfriend. It’s kind of like playing with a toy until it breaks, then playing with another one until the first one gets fixed. In Taka’s case, he almost (inadvertently) treats the situation like it’s a car dealership. He test drives one, then the other, then he switches back and forth until he finds the one he likes best (while conveniently ignoring the wear-and-tear he’s causing on either girl's emotional state).
Tarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.