AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2014-02-05, 17:50   Link #41
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
What do you think will happen if they turn the giant into a toy? What happens if someone with a DF is turned into a toy (will the DF still work)? If Cavendish falls asleep, what do you think will happen?
It seems that no matter what your height was,once you're turned into a toy it's a random "roll",even their appearances change,so if it was a giant,he would be just be turned into a small toy IMO.

As for Cavendish falling asleep,assuming that the split personality is part of his brain,it might activate regardless,but have no effect since he's a toy,this might help him disobey orders though.
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 17:59   Link #42
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
I think he literally means he is the highest in height.

There's nothing else that would indicate that he is higher in rank or power.
In fact we already know that he is Elite Officer.
I think he's going by a translation which called Pica the top executive of the family. This is yet another mistranslation of course.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2014-02-05 at 18:54. Reason: Licensed manga = no scanlators being named or inferred.
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 18:14   Link #43
grey_1960
Detective Kate Beckett

Quote:
Originally Posted by imza View Post
What makes you think Pica is the highest?
According to a translation Violet says "Watch out! This guy is the top executive in the family!" She does not say anything specific about divisions, title, or role in the family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imza View Post
Actually this whole arc reminds of Alabasta in a way, taking down the warlord that is or has taken over the country, Luffy meeting his brother, Marine chasing them down and maybe even the person working with the warlord joining them (Viola ala Robin). This maybe too loose of a connection but I wonder if eventually we will see a similar incidence of Sabo stopping Fuji from attacking Luffy and others like Ace stopped Smoker.

I seriously doubt any of the fights we are seeing now will be settled, somewhere along the way people will get reshuffled with their match ups.
Proving Ground
I hope Oda lets Luffy and the Straw Hats deal with the top and this whole arch without help. It is about time the stand on their own for better or for worse. I personally don't think it will be like Alabasta. That reason is because there are way to many individual parties with different agendas. Marines, King Rikku, Daflamingo, Revolutionary, CP0, Thunder Soldier and the Tonton Clan, Black Beard Party, Big Mama's crew, Straw Hat/Law Alliance, people keep showing up and I think there is enough fighting to go around for everybody. That also not mentioning who will show up after sugar's power is neutralized. Don't forget every individual party seems like they are bring more of their own people to the fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
Decent chapter, but a bit uneventful. In my opinion, the whole thing with Sugar could be leading to a change of plans regarding Fujitora's handling of the Dressrosa situation. Once the girl is knocked out and people see Doflamingo for who he is, it is quite likeable that he will sort of switch sites or at least decide not to help out anymore. After all, Joker would have no place on the island and the situation there would certainly be more stable with him out of the way, rather than the strawhats. But then again, what happens if Sugar regains consciousness? Will people forget about the toy's and Doflamingo's dark secret again? The Tontota army should just stop being nice and take out the girl for good, lol.
Hobi Hobi no Mi
Those are good questions about sugar. I also wonder what will sugar look like if you put the seas stone cuffs on her? The Hobi Hobi No Mi stops the user from aging. So is it going to be a Alvida situation, old hag, or a young beautiful busty women like 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of the other women in One Piece?

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2014-02-05 at 18:55. Reason: Don't link to scan sites (especially for a licensed manga).
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 02:04   Link #44
Diablerie

I'm really curious what happens if Cavendish falls asleep as a toy. If the Hakuba personality comes out, would he have his free will, since he's his own personality?

I get the feeling that when he falls asleep, Toy-Hakuba will come and help Usopp and Robin knock out Sugar in some way, since I don't think Hakuba is bound to the same contract Cavendish is.
Diablerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 10:17   Link #45
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Hm, seeing how the toy fruit works, it seems that the possibility of Usopp beating them as a Pinoccio won't happen since the toys are bound to a contract. And breaking that probably takes a long time.
That's a shame, it would have been pretty funny and interesting.

Sabo was pretty damn impressive in this chapter, right now he seems to have the upper hand vs Burgess and Diamante.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 11:42   Link #46
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
Hm, seeing how the toy fruit works, it seems that the possibility of Usopp beating them as a Pinoccio won't happen since the toys are bound to a contract. And breaking that probably takes a long time.
That's a shame, it would have been pretty funny and interesting.
It IS possible. To complete the process both Sugar and Trebol are necessary. However if Usopp gets rescued after getting turned into a toy, but before Trebol can make the "contract" it may be possible for him to move on his own, well I guess we'll have to wait and see.
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 11:52   Link #47
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Maybe it's just my love for lolis but does anyone else find Sugar adorable?
Old 2014-02-06, 12:35   Link #48
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
It IS possible. To complete the process both Sugar and Trebol are necessary. However if Usopp gets rescued after getting turned into a toy, but before Trebol can make the "contract" it may be possible for him to move on his own, well I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Wasn't it Sugar who made the Contract?
Trebol just issued the orders, after the initial contract contained the order „follow the orders from the family”.
I just wonder how the newborn toys should know who belongs to the family and who not.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 13:29   Link #49
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
Maybe it's just my love for lolis but does anyone else find Sugar adorable?
You're not the only one. Having her stand next to an ugly and dirty bastard like Trebol really highlights her cuteness.
Old 2014-02-06, 13:47   Link #50
Tommy
Mr. Prince

I have this feeling that Sugar will get knocked out, but the toys won't revert back to humans. They'll have to kill Sugar,(won't happen) or force her to undo her devil fruit powers. Besides, if knocking her unconscious is an effective strategy, how does she keep the people as toys when she sleeps? Assuming she does sleep.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 16:45   Link #51
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
I have this feeling that Sugar will get knocked out, but the toys won't revert back to humans. They'll have to kill Sugar,(won't happen) or force her to undo her devil fruit powers. Besides, if knocking her unconscious is an effective strategy, how does she keep the people as toys when she sleeps? Assuming she does sleep.
In the OP world you can assume that sleeping =/= unconscious.

But then again, the dispelling of DFs really seems to be inconsistent. For example Moria being unconscious didn't return the shadows, neither does Luffy stop being a Rubberman, but Van der Decken being unconscious dispelled his power. Personally I have the theory that DF user's powers can be "seperated" from the user partially, like it was in Moria's case, but that instead makes those "seperated" instances even more vulnerable against the sea, i.e. while normally DF users are only affected by seastone and Kneedeep water, salt did nothing to them, however the Zombies' attachment could be severed using salt.
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 17:02   Link #52
shalala

DAmmn does Sabo hand look weird when he did that claw attack. Still pretty awesome.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 22:42   Link #53
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
In the OP world you can assume that sleeping =/= unconscious.
Even in the real world Sleeping =/= Unconscious
They are two different states of the mind.
Old 2014-02-07, 10:42   Link #54
ellifeedn
Thinker

I'm pretty sure the reason they tell everyone to go home at midnight (humans to their homes, toys to the toy house) is so that Sugar can sleep and everyone returns to normal.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 16:09   Link #55
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Poor Sanji will maybe not get a fight this arc. While Luffy and Zorro will probably have the opportunity to show what they've learned during the past two years, Sanji will continue to be belittled by many fans. The two minor 1 on 1 situations he's been in since the end of Fishman Island sparked a lot of discussion and sadly many negative impressions. I was hoping he'd get a chance to redeem himself on Dressrosa, but it doesn't seem like that's going to be the case. Maybe we'll see him duke it out with one of the Big Mom people, but i doubt there'll be too much interaction, just because for Sanji, Chopper, Brook and Nami, a ship of Big Mom, probably with a division commander (if not 2) and tons of other strong dudes is probably too much to handle.
Old 2014-02-07, 17:17   Link #56
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Why is Oda portraying Sanji in such a negative light?
Old 2014-02-09, 00:18   Link #57
Altes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I'm pretty sure the reason they tell everyone to go home at midnight (humans to their homes, toys to the toy house) is so that Sugar can sleep and everyone returns to normal.
Toys don't return to normal at night. They work in the toy house.
Altes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 02:27   Link #58
Veviticus

It looked like sugar was the only one who makes the contract. That would make more sense since she's the person who turned them into toys. Trebol is most likely there to pick up prisoners from the pit, preventing them from escaping as well as protecting sugar. A sticky sticky fruit that controls people makes no sense to me.
Old 2014-02-09, 13:33   Link #59
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
^But I wonder why Doflamingo needs a guy with sticky powers, especially as head of the special powers squad. That makes it look like his abilities are key to his entire operation. But it barely does anything, at least judging from what we've seen so far. There are probably a number of interesting ways to use this power in battle, but why did Doflamingo put Trebol in charge of the special powers squad? Diamante looks like he can bring more utility in non-battle scenarios. Oh well, we'll see.

Also, @everyone:
Please debate guys, discuss! I really like this forum, but the weekly OP discussions are just not enough to fulfil my needs. I had to register on another forum, I'm sorry.
Old 2014-02-09, 23:51   Link #60
Altes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
^But I wonder why Doflamingo needs a guy with sticky powers, especially as head of the special powers squad. That makes it look like his abilities are key to his entire operation. But it barely does anything, at least judging from what we've seen so far. There are probably a number of interesting ways to use this power in battle, but why did Doflamingo put Trebol in charge of the special powers squad?
Perhaps because he is strong? Along with Diamante and Pica, he decimated Dressrosa's army 10 years ago. Surely we haven't seen everything he can do. Trebol and Dofla's powers have one similar aspect - both can immobilize people, and that may be just the beginning.
Altes is offline   Reply With Quote