AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Kill La Kill

Notices

View Poll Results: Kill La Kill - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 38 55.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 27.94%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 11.76%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.94%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.47%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-02-07, 10:05   Link #81
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
Excellent episode - apart from the minor Ryouko-Senketsu interactions. They are starting to make me cringe
Why exactly? Unless things change radically in the rest of 2014, Senketsu is my choice for best-supporting character in next year's Choice Awards. Seki Toshihiko's acting is a big part of Senketsu's appeal. At 51, he's another of the veteran seiyuu who make this show work for me.
Old 2014-02-07, 10:23   Link #82
HalfgildMora

Saw Satsuki's betrayal coming for a long time. Now her goal of "fighting against everything this world stands for and remaking it" makes perfect sense. Humans were evolved by life fibers, they defined the world. I wonder what world Satsuki intends to built.

After this episode I'm beginning to doubt that Ragyo is the real Big Bad of the story. The battle with her has already started and we still have 7 episodes to go. Will she last that long? Nui might be the true one - she has imrobable age, unusual skills with life fiber, she is psycho. I wouldn't be surprised if she turns out to be the life fiber in human form. The original life fiber should also be involved in some way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
My guess: the one Satsuki "killed" was Ragyo's secretary disguised as her. If Nui could do it, so could someone else. That could explain the rainbow threads.
But both Hououmaru and Nui are present during this scene, none of them could have been Ragyo and I doubt there are other characters as skilled with life fibers.

This episode brings up the mistery of Satsuki's dad once again. We still haven't seen his face or heard his voice. He might be Isshin before he learned Ragyo's plans and fleed to found Nudist Beach. It would make sense for both kamui to be created by the same person if there are only two of them in existence. I hope future episodes will reveal more about Junketsu.

Loved Mako's dad acting like Tsugumu

Last edited by HalfgildMora; 2014-02-07 at 10:25. Reason: Typo
HalfgildMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 11:49   Link #83
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Four-sided, actually.

Code:
Ragyo/Life-fibers: Humans <--Control--< LF (Ragyo?)
 Satsuki/Honnouji:     LF <--Control--< Humans (Satsuki)
   Ryuko/Senketsu:     LF ---Friends--- Humans
     Nudist Beach:     LF <--Destroy--< Humans
If you think NB is going to let things be all hunky-dory between Ryuko and Senketsu when this is all over, you're na´ve.
Oh how could i forget about Nudist Beach!? This is truly going to be an ultimate clash of ideals so all ideals need to be represented .
Old 2014-02-07, 12:50   Link #84
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

It's still a majority of humans opposed to Life Fibers, though. Signs would point to that overwhelming their differences amongst themselves.
Old 2014-02-07, 13:17   Link #85
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfgildMora View Post
This episode brings up the mistery of Satsuki's dad once again. We still haven't seen his face or heard his voice.
We have seen part of his face, but not enough in my mind to recognize who he might be.

Old 2014-02-07, 15:35   Link #86
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

We need a gif of Mako's dad normal -> serious face.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 16:17   Link #87
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Speaking of Naked Nudists, Trigger actually drew Mataro's naughty bits, since he's only wearing body paint after all. When I noticed that I was
"Little boy junk". Not exactly common, but completely allowed in anime as long as there's not a lot of detail. Or have you never seen unedited DBZ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
He is the only character in this show that personality wise is a counter to her. He is some one who is fully enlightened with a clear mind perfect counter to a chaotically neutral character. Also he was never presented as 2nd tier he clearly beat Ryuko before if you forgot and his power exceeded his goku uniform he is the only one of the elite four to do this. Finally he was one shotted by Nui even tho he defeated Ryuko this made them destined to fight again.
Anyone with a Goku Uniform is no match for Nui, since her weapon and her knowledge of life-fibers makes them useless against her. Besides, Ryuko has unfinished business with both of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrandSage23 View Post
Ryuko's family tree

Kinue Kinagase- Mother
Tsumugu Kinagase- Father
Isshin Matoi- Guardian/Adoptive Father
Aikuro Mikisugi- Father
Satsuki-????
What is this I don't even...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
That's an interesting thought. She only directly speaks to those two, and they have the best chances of defecting. Nonon has repeatedly stated she wants to stand on the same level as Satsuki (ambition), and Inumata is a master hacker who got into Revocs systems and was basically forced by Satsuki into service. So the chances are good he knows everything about what all sides are up to.

Gamagoori and Sanegayama, in contrast, seem far more devoted to Satsuki than anything else.

So it might be something like this:

Ragyo versus Satsuki.
The Generals versus themselves.
Ryoko versus Nui.
Mako being Mako. Give us three star Fight Club Mako!
Nudist Beach fighting whatever comes out of those life fiber cocoons.

That would certainly fill up the remaining episodes.
I'm thinking the subjects of their conversation may have been hints. Ragyo may have Nonon's family in danger, while she may be threatening to either send Inumuta back to his old way of life, or may hold something he did back then over his head. Inumuta seems more likely to just go along with her on basis of power, though.

As for the fight, we should probably have Iori and Hououmaru in there somewhere, as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Why exactly? Unless things change radically in the rest of 2014, Senketsu is my choice for best-supporting character in next year's Choice Awards. Seki Toshihiko's acting is a big part of Senketsu's appeal. At 51, he's another of the veteran seiyuu who make this show work for me.
Both Mako and Aikuro deserve that award more than Senketsu, with all due respect to Seki. Besides, he's not "supporting". If anything, he's the male lead.

Quote:
But both Hououmaru and Nui are present during this scene, none of them could have been Ragyo and I doubt there are other characters as skilled with life fibers.
As much as I hate to suggest that the "Ragyo" Satsuki gutted was Hououmaru in disguise, since it would mean wasting (literally) Hououmaru as a character before we ever got to see anything from her, it's not too far-fetched. After all, if "Ragyo" is really Hououmaru in disguise, who's to say "Hououmaru" isn't really Ragyo in disguise?

My own guess is that either Ragyo is so attuned with life-fibers that she can heal from anything short of gross dismemberment, or "Ragyo" in this scene was some kind of life-fiber puppet (maybe an animated corpse) made to look like Ragyo.

Quote:
We have seen part of his face, but not enough in my mind to recognize who he might be.

Scary as it may be, he does kinda look like Aikuro...
Old 2014-02-07, 16:23   Link #88
Triple_R
Center Attraction

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Satsuki's father has his eyes/hair obscured by his hand.

Ryuko's father has the lower half of his face obscured by his really big, bulky beard.

So for the "two" men the exact opposite parts of the face are obscured...

Coincidence?

In real life, I'd say yes. In fiction, coincidences are actually rather rare...

So I think there is a good chance that Satsuki's father and Ryuko's father are one and the same. It would also add a nice revenge motive to Satsuki backstabbing Ragyo.
Old 2014-02-07, 16:41   Link #89
immblueversion

Quote:
Really? You didn't consider that Ragyo and Hououmaru may be disguised as each other?

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 16:45   Link #90
TrueDevil
Not from this world

A cool episode especially the betrayal of Satsuki though already seeing that miles away.
Still I was suprised how easily she could stab her mother.
Still Im more curious about Satsukis father who is like nowhere to be found and who inflicted the scars on Ragyos back.
On another note, Ragyo looks like some creepy clown in her new outfit far beyond beautifiul.
TrueDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 16:48   Link #91
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
"Ragyo" in this scene was some kind of life-fiber puppet (maybe an animated corpse) made to look like Ragyo.
Given what we've seen of Nui's powers, I can certainly imagine her being able to create a Ragyo puppet. If Nui is the Life Fiber incarnate, her incentives at the moment are complex. She might prefer to continue using Ragyo, but Nui might also see Satsuki as a younger, more vigorous alternative to the aging CEO.

Quote:
Both Mako and Aikuro deserve that award more than Senketsu, with all due respect to Seki. Besides, he's not "supporting". If anything, he's the male lead.
I hadn't really thought about it that way, but you're right, he is the male lead. Sensei is the only possible competitor, but so far he seems more like a supporting character. I wonder if Senketsu could win the Best Male Lead Award? He seems an unlikely choice.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2014-02-07 at 17:01.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 18:12   Link #92
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!

Quote:
I wonder if Senketsu could win the Best Male Lead Award? He seems an unlikely choice.
Not a chance. He could conceivably be a frontrunner now, but Ginko, God King of All Pimps, returns in April.

Ryuko certainly has a chance for Best Female Lead, though, and Mako and Aikuro are solid Supporting options.
Old 2014-02-07, 19:13   Link #93
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

The end is a big surprise for me my god .............. so Satsuki and Ryuko begin a team against ragyo ? maybe? XD
Old 2014-02-07, 19:23   Link #94
Death Usagi
Feeding the Adorable Loli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
The end is a big surprise for me my god .............. so Satsuki and Ryuko begin a team against ragyo ? maybe? XD
Not really as their ideals still conflict. They might cooperate for mutual goal but their ideals and their methods differ.
Old 2014-02-07, 19:53   Link #95
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Not really as their ideals still conflict. They might cooperate for mutual goal but their ideals and their methods differ.
Haha you right 2 girls but so different brief again this end episode me : "wtf?! " I look forward to see more

Satsuki is good but against the domination of the garment in the world BUT love to wear?
Old 2014-02-07, 20:21   Link #96
Anime Online

I think I'd have an easier time understanding aliens than fashion. Models are always shown wearing some bizarre outfits in fashion magazines that you would never see anyone wear on the street. So when Ragyo appeared in that clown getup, I can't decide if I'm simply lacking fashion sense or if the anime is making a joke out of her.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 21:16   Link #97
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Ragyo reminds me of Mom, CEO of Mom Corp in Futurama
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 22:02   Link #98
Eragon
eff off shiro.

Quote:
They are starting to sound like Inuyasha-Kagome (if you have seen Inuyasha)
I guess I do not have an affinity to characters saying other characters names as responses in a conversation

Senketsu isn't a bad character, per say, he's just starting to sound like characters that I'm not too fond of.
Old 2014-02-07, 22:21   Link #99
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
They are starting to sound like Inuyasha-Kagome (if you have seen Inuyasha)
I guess I do not have an affinity to characters saying other characters names as responses in a conversation

Senketsu isn't a bad character, per say, he's just starting to sound like characters that I'm not too fond of.
You...don't watch a lot of anime, do you...?
Old 2014-02-07, 22:58   Link #100
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
You...don't watch a lot of anime, do you...?
Half the shows I watch and manga I read have characters who say another characters name as some sort of response.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote