AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-04-26, 17:14   Link #1
PimpinAintEZ

Send a message via AIM to PimpinAintEZ
Cell Phones

can anyone help me choose a cell phone..since i got into a good school, my dads letting me get a new cell phone.. the one i had was really crappy..some nokia one..but can't really choose one..too many of them..the ones i really like are the LG and Samsung ones..but can anyone tell me a good cellphone to get?
PimpinAintEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 17:28   Link #2
AG3
Inactive ex-WoW addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpinAintEZ
can anyone help me choose a cell phone..since i got into a good school, my dads letting me get a new cell phone.. the one i had was really crappy..some nokia one..but can't really choose one..too many of them..the ones i really like are the LG and Samsung ones..but can anyone tell me a good cellphone to get?
I have a Sony Ericsson Z600. It's a pretty good phone, though the screen is a bit hard to see if you're outdoors in bright light. Also, the "Erix" game that came budled with my phone has a bug, it crashes after level 8 every time. I wonder if I can patch it...
Old 2004-04-26, 17:30   Link #3
Serendipity

Send a message via ICQ to Serendipity Send a message via AIM to Serendipity Send a message via MSN to Serendipity
Why don't you get a Sony Ericsson P900 PDA phone, like me?? hahaha only if you have AU$1500.00 to buy it with. GO THE P900!!!!!

I am not sure, though I think you should either stick with Nokia or Sony Ericsson, they know what they are doing when it comes to phones. If not then just look at a few at your local shop and see what you like?? That's the only way that you are going to find something you like.
Serendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 17:33   Link #4
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Motorola is also a good choice, i.e. the V525 seems to be nice.
Jinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 19:23   Link #5
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?

The NEC V601N by Vodaphone Japan

http://www.vodafone.jp/tvkeitai/swf.html

It's the one that I own, and the internal TV-tuner is really helpful in watching anime while commuting back from work.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 21:38   Link #6
PimpinAintEZ

Send a message via AIM to PimpinAintEZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by AG3

Quote:

I have a Sony Ericsson Z600. It's a pretty good phone, though the screen is a bit hard to see if you're outdoors in bright light. Also, the "Erix" game that came budled with my phone has a bug, it crashes after level 8 every time. I wonder if I can patch it...
__________________________________________________ _______________
hm i wish i could get that but..don't have that kind of money..could get something good but not that good..
and the The NEC V601N by Vodaphone Japan. is that possible to get in US???
PimpinAintEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 22:04   Link #7
LynnieS

You're in NYC? Comparing the calling plans and service areas first would probably be a good idea. I know that I couldn't use AT&T at all in my old apartment (no reception since the building was completely blocked from the signal, it seems) and Nortel had periodic reception problems. Mobiles are pretty cheap these days unless you want to go high-end.
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 22:07   Link #8
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
The NEC V601N by Vodaphone Japan

http://www.vodafone.jp/tvkeitai/swf.html

It's the one that I own, and the internal TV-tuner is really helpful in watching anime while commuting back from work.
I want one of those! japanese technology makes me feel like if I live in the middle ages
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 22:18   Link #9
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor
I want one of those! japanese technology makes me feel like if I live in the middle ages
Vodaphone Japan's phones are good, and friends who have them have, or so they say, few reception problems. The company also makes available English manuals on it site, which is a plus if you don't read Japanese.
Old 2004-04-27, 01:42   Link #10
Taboo
Riceball!

Send a message via Yahoo to Taboo
I have a Sony Ericsson T610 and am pleased with it. Its one of the inexpensive camera phones that are out. The pictures aren't the best quality tho. Here is an example that I had on my comp. I took it myself so its an extreme close up.
Spoiler for Sample pic:

And MEEP! I guess that means I've posted a photo of myself here now. *runs away and hides*

Aliens, Time Travelers, Sliders and Espers recieve FREE FOOD! Come to us!

Last edited by Taboo; 2004-04-27 at 02:52.
Taboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 02:45   Link #11
ato
Oups...

The T610 and the Z600 are fairly popular here in Sweden right now... I, however, lust after the Z1010. Mmmmm... Now I only need to convince myself I'll use all the features
ato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 05:13   Link #12
krel
^_^

Send a message via MSN to krel
if the fella is in USA then some phones such as the Sony erricsson t610 cannot be used, cause it works only in GSM networks, whereas US uses a CDMA network. (i think)
Old 2004-04-27, 05:27   Link #13
Taboo
Riceball!

Send a message via Yahoo to Taboo
Quote:
Originally Posted by krel
if the fella is in USA then some phones such as the Sony erricsson t610 cannot be used, cause it works only in GSM networks, whereas US uses a CDMA network. (i think)
Uhm, I think you're confused. I have the T610 and got/use it here in Oklahoma just fine. ^_^ I have it through T-Mobile.

Aliens, Time Travelers, Sliders and Espers recieve FREE FOOD! Come to us!
Taboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 06:44   Link #14
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by krel
Yes, GSM is one of the standards that are being supported in the U.S., and T-Mobile does serve the NYC metropolitan area.

Not sure, though, if the V601N that PimpinAintEZ likes and kj1980 has will work in the U.S. I don't think you can put in your SIM card and have it work since the network might not be 100% compatible.

I know that my DoCoMo phone won't work outside of Japan... and Hong Kong possibly.
Old 2004-04-27, 07:45   Link #15
AG3
Inactive ex-WoW addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ato
The T610 and the Z600 are fairly popular here in Sweden right now... I, however, lust after the Z1010. Mmmmm... Now I only need to convince myself I'll use all the features
Oooooh, that phone looks SWEET!! Damned me for paying 3000 NOK ($433) for my Z600 last month! What is the price tag on the Z1010?
Old 2004-04-27, 10:13   Link #16
RichMan
????

How about u go out and get a Nokia N-Taco...err, I mean N-Gage.

I heard that a new model of it is going to be released soon and it supposes to be good. (It's no longer taco shaped, is smaller, easier to load in games, and you don't have to look like a dumbass by talking on the side of it)

I don't have a cell-phone. If I wanted one, i'd look for the best prices, monthly plans, and benefits(such as roll over minutes)
RichMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 10:55   Link #17
Rhia
shush! I was only helping

Talking 7200

Quote:
Im getting a 7200, u can check it out on the nokia site, its damn expensive but its nice id advise it...
Rhia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 19:31   Link #18
Cammie
Smooth and Curvy...

Thumbs up

I own the Samsung V205 the only thing I wish it had was a flash. Over all its a great phone!!

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ato
Z1010. Mmmmm... Now I only need to convince myself I'll use all the features
OOOO!! I like that phone alot.. comes in red!

Last edited by Cammie; 2004-04-27 at 20:58.
Cammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 20:10   Link #19
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammie
Quote:
Originally Posted by ato
Z1010. Mmmmm... Now I only need to convince myself I'll use all the features
OOOO!! I like that phone alot.. comes in red!
LOL! Not just your basic red, but a red that looks it'll glow in the dark.

Psst, ato; buy it. C'mon... My phone has a bunch of features that I don't use - and odds are, will never use; I mean, why would anyone ever need a barcode scanner?! - but it looks too nice not to get.
Old 2004-04-27, 20:26   Link #20
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Offtopic - I knew there was a reason i had a strange urge to come view this thread...and i'm glad or i wouldn't of seen those pics of Cammie and also Taboo

My "Superchop-sense" has yet to fail me ^_^

LynnieS - you know as well as i do all those useless extra's on phones are just there to raise the price of the phone itself but i'll agree with you...if the phone is nice and the extra's are useless...i'd still get the phone...if i had money

SENIOR MEMBER 2 OF
"The so exclusive club, you cannot join, umm err, club!"®

-established Oct 26, 2003-

Hate goes out to any imitations, relation, or blatant wanna-be of stated club
- The ONE and ORIGINAL -
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote