AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-04-27, 20:45   Link #21
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammie
I own the Samsung V205 the only thing I wish it had was a flash. Over all its a great phone!!

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

OOOO!! I like that phone alot.. comes in red!

Wow your like... 40?
Old 2004-04-27, 20:54   Link #22
Cammie
Smooth and Curvy...

I really look that old!!! I'm never posting a picture again!!!
Cammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 21:03   Link #23
MikoKikyo

I don't know what the hell's the matter with wnkryo, but you don't look 40 Cammie, trust me.
I'm not just saying this to be nice or anything...You really look half that age.
MikoKikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 23:20   Link #24
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammie
I really look that old!!! I'm never posting a picture again!!!
You don't look fourty! priestesskikyo is right. You shouldn't take them out, come on cheer up!

wnkryo: you must never NEVER tell a woman she looks fourty, even if she looks sixty, I can't believe you are so mean...
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-28, 00:59   Link #25
Taboo
Riceball!

Send a message via Yahoo to Taboo
Wow, this is making me want a new cell phone. Too bad I can't seriously consider it since I haven't had my current one for even 6 months yet.

@ Cammie -*hugs* Don't listen to him! You shouldn't have taken your pictures down. They looked great and the quality was awesome. You phone is better than mine. My phone has a night vision that works like a flash but it makes shiney foreheads and such. =(

@ wnkryo Sheesh, that was rude and totally unjustified.

@ Superchop LMAO!

Aliens, Time Travelers, Sliders and Espers recieve FREE FOOD! Come to us!
Taboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-28, 09:04   Link #26
Cammie
Smooth and Curvy...

Taboo and mantidor thanks so much!

wnkryo - its all good! all my elementary students tell me that all the time! LOL! I guess teaching 1000+ plus students a week has aged me.
Cammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-28, 09:11   Link #27
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
Sheesh, you all should know our favorite teacher of animesuki isn't 40!!

She's in her 50's I think... yup. 50s....

*points behind you*

OMG WTF IS THAT!?!?!?!?

YOINK!!

I second the samsung phoneeee!! IT'S GOOOOOOD!!
*runs*

In Remembrance - Founder of Sladism / Slade's Photobucket
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-28, 10:01   Link #28
krel
^_^

Send a message via MSN to krel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo
Uhm, I think you're confused. I have the T610 and got/use it here in Oklahoma just fine. ^_^ I have it through T-Mobile.
then you must be under a GSM network, because in the link i put in my previous post, it only says that the T610 works in a GSM network (see specifications - again, link: http://www.sonyericsson.com/t610/ind...view/index.htm)

for example, i checked out LG's website under their mobile phone section, they have separate sections for CDMA and GSM mobile phones. the phones on both sections are different.

http://www.lge.com/products/mobile/mobile/mobile.jsp
Old 2004-04-28, 10:26   Link #29
LynnieS

The U.S. is something of a mess where it comes to mobile service networks.

http://news.com.com/2100-1039-5160724.html

And it looks like Vodaphone Japan's network is W-CDMA, and is compatible with GSM apparently.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/1325146.stm

http://www.vodafone.jp/english/servi...hat/index.html
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-28, 10:35   Link #30
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples

Send a message via AIM to dragonz20
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS
The U.S. is something of a mess where it comes to mobile service networks.

http://news.com.com/2100-1039-5160724.html
yeah. which is why we're a few steps behind every other country when it comes to cellphones models... 3G can't get here soon enuff...
dragonz20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-28, 10:55   Link #31
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonz20
yeah. which is why we're a few steps behind every other country when it comes to cellphones models... 3G can't get here soon enuff...
There's also the expense of upgrading your network and making sure your existing customers still on older standards like GSM and CDMA won't be left out in the cold. Not to mention the design factor.

Everyone is also looking for a good way to get a steady income from clients, esp. with one company fighting with others to increase its customer base by offering more minutes, options, and cheaper phones and plans to get people to jump as soon as their contracts are up. Games and entertainment are supposed to be the next in thing. Buying stuff for your avatar, playing on-line games, video calls, and so on.

Don't know how many people actually use 3G to its fullest, though. If you don't have the goods to get and not enough people to sustain the network, why does someone need to download stuff a lot faster than other people? I know of only one other person with a FOMA phone with whom I can use the video call feature on my phone. Everyone else is still using the older models.
Old 2004-04-28, 11:16   Link #32
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
yeah. american phones suck.

i was so pissed when i went to japan and saw some of the cell phones THEY had... ... ... whereas ours were just big black squares with antennas.

<--- samsung flip phone. i dont know, or neither care about make/model. no camera however.
Old 2004-04-28, 11:25   Link #33
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples

Send a message via AIM to dragonz20
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS
There's also the expense of upgrading your network and making sure your existing customers still on older standards like GSM and CDMA won't be left out in the cold. Not to mention the design factor.

Everyone is also looking for a good way to get a steady income from clients, esp. with one company fighting with others to increase its customer base by offering more minutes, options, and cheaper phones and plans to get people to jump as soon as their contracts are up. Games and entertainment are supposed to be the next in thing. Buying stuff for your avatar, playing on-line games, video calls, and so on.

Don't know how many people actually use 3G to its fullest, though. If you don't have the goods to get and not enough people to sustain the network, why does someone need to download stuff a lot faster than other people? I know of only one other person with a FOMA phone with whom I can use the video call feature on my phone. Everyone else is still using the older models.
yeah. the current 3G phones we have aren't worth it. Too expensive for what little they can do right now. I'd wait a bit...
dragonz20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-28, 11:28   Link #34
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins

i was so pissed when i went to japan and saw some of the cell phones THEY had... ... ... whereas ours were just big black squares with antennas.

<--- samsung flip phone. i dont know, or neither care about make/model. no camera however.
Not all mobiles in Japan are top-of-the-line, and not all U.S. phones are crap. There are nice ones like V601SH or [F/N/P/Sh]900i, but... I still have my Samsung A500, which is, what, discontinued now, and it's very good for its age; there was also that Nokia phone with the downward-sliding panel that you have to push with your thumb to uncover the tiny keys one could buy about 3 years ago in the U.S. and Europe. It too was a hot phone.
Old 2004-04-28, 12:10   Link #35
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins

Hmm, some of my former co-workers who went to our subsidiary company in the US said the following:

it's big & bulky
the battery life is very short
the reception is horrible
the LCD display is weak and dim
the camera's resolution is really horrible, it doesn't have flash
it can't record videos
there is no media-slot so it can't even play mp3s as ringing tones - only polyphonic midis which is also a hassle
the internet connection is very slow
there is no GPS capability
need to pay to receive calls
only two colors to choose from for each phone: black or gray
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-28, 12:33   Link #36
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

In all fairness the size of cellphones is decreasing... but the rest of it is basically true.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-28, 13:36   Link #37
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Hmm, some of my former co-workers who went to our subsidiary company in the US said the following:

it's big & bulky
the battery life is very short
the reception is horrible
the LCD display is weak and dim
the camera's resolution is really horrible, it doesn't have flash
it can't record videos
there is no media-slot so it can't even play mp3s as ringing tones - only polyphonic midis which is also a hassle
the internet connection is very slow
there is no GPS capability
need to pay to receive calls
only two colors to choose from for each phone: black or gray
there. it is final!

comparing the best to the best, it is clear that JPN>USA
Old 2004-04-28, 13:57   Link #38
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
just make sure you get a good LG phone =D

Made by Raijin @ Naruto EX
rEkKaShInObI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-28, 14:12   Link #39
Sun_Tze
I pity the foo!

Send a message via MSN to Sun_Tze Send a message via Yahoo to Sun_Tze
My cellphone is one of these:

It's starting to die slowly... it's 3 years old, and has sustained alot of hits, so it doesn't amaze me.

But the cellphone i really want to have, but can't buy it since it's a bit to expensive is this:

Sun_Tze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-28, 14:14   Link #40
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy-no-Jutsu
Why don't you get a Sony Ericsson P900 PDA phone, like me?? hahaha only if you have AU$1500.00 to buy it with. GO THE P900!!!!!

I am not sure, though I think you should either stick with Nokia or Sony Ericsson, they know what they are doing when it comes to phones. If not then just look at a few at your local shop and see what you like?? That's the only way that you are going to find something you like.
1500 dollar phone ... why?
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. I have saved this image into my "WTF directory" just in case I ever wonder if it was only been a bad dream, and have removed it from the forum. Hopefully Lexander will never do this again!
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote