AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2014-03-02, 01:09   Link #101
philip72

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
You're inaccurate and silly.
Lol

Quote:
Robin from the start was never stronger than Sanji, Zoro or Luffy, nor was Franky. You only had that impression of them because you didn't know their true capabilities as they were introduced as villains.
Franky ver2.0 has been making Sanjay look like a puss lately, and Zoro never had as much raw potential as Robin.

Quote:
Not fan made, was used in the manga, said by Chopper and Usopp.
In a completely different context than powerlevel fans use it.
Seriously, since Thriller Bark it's been Zoro, Robin, Sanji, Franky and Luffy as the crews real heavyweights, then Chopper (who can fold either way) and Brooke in the middle, and finally Nami and Usopp.
philip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 11:34   Link #102
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72 View Post

Franky ver2.0 has been making Sanjay look like a puss lately,
How? Franky hasn't faced a single decent opponent yet..

He blasted open a door. That's pretty much it.

Quote:
and Zoro never had as much raw potential as Robin.
What does that even mean?
Old 2014-03-02, 11:50   Link #103
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Franky ver2.0 has been making Sanjay look like a puss lately, and Zoro never had as much raw potential as Robin.
Yes, because Franky has been fighting opponents the same caliber as Vergo and Doflamingo, right? I like Franky a lot (he's my second favorite crew member), but he's NOT stronger or comparable to Sanji. Oda has constantly portrayed Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji, as the top 3 in strength (and he hasn't shown any signs of deviating from this).

Robin does have lots of potential, indeed. But sadly, since she's a female, she's relegated to playing more of a supportive role than being an outright powerhouse. This is a shounen, after all. If it were up to me, I'd gladly put in more powerful females in this series. For example, I'd love for the green bull admiral to be a female, but the chances of that happening are slim to none. I tire of sausage fests in shounen (and that also extends into the males monopolizing the strongest combatants), but what can be done? As eccentric as Oda can be, he still does follow some norms in Shounen manga, with one of them being males at the forefront in strength.
Old 2014-03-02, 18:53   Link #104
ri0

Location: Where everything is dangerous - I'm starting to like this place
Quote:
Not fan made, was used in the manga, said by Chopper and Usopp.

Cheers.
I really can't remember - When was that term being used? I only recall weakling trio...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma
If it were up to me, I'd gladly put in more powerful females in this series. For example, I'd love for the green bull admiral to be a female, but the chances of that happening are slim to none.
I'd like to see that too. A female admiral would be so awesome!

Regarding this other discussion: I'm really looking forward to Franky's battle against two officers of the fighting army plus a VA. This time he doesn't have the Shogun, which gave him a huge power boost, so we might be able to judge his strength better.
Furthermore, I hope Sanji finally gets his time to shine in the NW too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma
Oda has constantly portrayed Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji, as the top 3 in strength (and he hasn't shown any signs of deviating from this).
Oda didn't show any signs, but with Sanji's battles and their effectiveness in contrast to the badass-moments Luffy, Zoro and Franky had since the timeskip, I can understand, why people tend to believe it.
But it shouldn't be overlooked, that Franky was in the BF-38 when he fried Buffalo and Baby 5, whereas Sanji took on one of Doflamingo's strongest henchmen and the Shichibukai himself.

Last edited by ri0; 2014-03-02 at 19:04.
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 22:38   Link #105
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
How has Franky been badass? I don't understand.

Neither he nor Zoro have taken on anyone of consequence.
Old 2014-03-03, 03:16   Link #106
ri0

^I wasn't talking only about fighting big guys.

Regarding Zoro, I meant his introduction into the NW, where he split that huge galleon Mihawk-style in two or when he defeated the leader of the New Fishman Pirates under water with a one hit K.O..
Franky, without any sense, suddenly shooting down the killers of Dressrosa and single-handedly, without much effort, fending off two of Doflamingo's underlings was, in my eyes, pretty impressive back then.

Of course, regarding all these actions we have to take into consideration that the enemies weren't that strong, but Sanji in comparison didn't have any cool moment like this in the last 150 chapters - his enemies weren't suited for that. That's why I'm saying, I can understand why some people think, that the old strength hierarchy is shaking.
Personally, I believe Franky, in general and in General Mode, did receive a huge power boost, which puts him clearly below the Haki users but also even further away from the rest of the crew.

Last edited by ri0; 2014-03-03 at 06:38.
Old 2014-03-03, 04:51   Link #107
noktown

I would say that's because Oda has made a fool out of Sanji post time-skip,although I know this will change once we get to a more serious arc,but to be honest he did go overboard with the whole nosebleed fountains where he needed blood from Jimbei to recover.

In the last arc,Nami heavily damaged his body.

So that's why I think people get the impression that he didn't shine,it's because he actually didn't,but he will get his moment soon I'm sure.

As for Franky and Zoro,I've expressed my opinion multiple times already,they got to shine,but not against opponents that are worthy to mention.

Last edited by noktown; 2014-03-03 at 16:20.
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 06:41   Link #108
ri0

^Exactly. That sums it up pretty good. I hope he gets his chance either against Big Mom's guys or, via some unpredictable Oda scenario, an Elite Officer.

Last edited by ri0; 2014-03-04 at 02:53.