AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Kill La Kill

Notices

View Poll Results: Kill La Kill - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 23 39.66%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 34.48%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 18.97%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 5.17%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.72%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-02-20, 23:57   Link #41
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

As long as it's just a look, right? A REAAAAAALLLYY LOOOOONNNG Look...
Spoiler for Hah, Mako's Mother:
Old 2014-02-21, 00:13   Link #42
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1cious View Post
That took a very unexpected turn. Not sure how I feel about it yet. I really hate that
Spoiler:
It just doesn't fit. Anyways, next week's episode looks really promising.
No Satsuki has not been Asuna'd she is still a main cahracter and moving the plot just as equally as Ryoko their mothers goal is to consume them with rage sense as long as they exist they will defy her she does not want to kill them but controll them to utilize their power to meet some goal she has. That is why she is abusing her to enrage her. The best way to belittle such a prideful person is threw absolute defeat. Even animals use humping in aggressive forms to exert dominance her being molested is not done at all for fan service it is to enrage her.

Both characters are being enraged differently.Ragyo tho i must say you are dumb as hell just kill them both and rule the world, creating a power that can surpass you just always backfires.

Very interesting tho we have one character controlled by pride and the other controlled by rage.

Escaping bad move Satsuki best move which she wont do would be calming her mind to conquer her body so she can over come the kamui her mom is making, it is a real shame that the only character capable of putting their mind over their body is damn near the Yamcha of this series.

Last edited by BoyTitan; 2014-02-21 at 00:27.
BoyTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 00:58   Link #43
Anime299

Starting out with 'Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head' - great, but then when Ryuuko shows up at the end with that cape, the initial drumbeat is straight out of 'Good, Bad and the Ugly'. Fabulous!
Anime299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 01:52   Link #44
Kon the Magnificent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
I laughed so hard at Mako's mother when she was staring at Aikuro.

I'm anticipating Satsuki escaping and destroying everything in her path.

I absolutely loved the Gamagoori x Mako moment. It was cute lol

Episode gets a 10/10 from me.
Kon the Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 02:23   Link #45
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
Actually the 3-star uniforms are only 30% life fiber. Each star ranking is 10% life fiber. There was an episode where they tried to create a 5-star (50% life fiber) uniform but the wearer went berserk.
The Mark I 3-Stars are assumed to have been 30% (though I'd love to see a source on that), since Aikuro said that 1-Stars have 10% and 2-Stars have 20% in Episode 3. No one ever said whether the Mark II or later 3-Stars had more, though. Presumably they did still have less than 50% though, since that's how much caused the hapless test subject to Hulk out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
Ragyo tho i must say you are dumb as hell just kill them both and rule the world, creating a power that can surpass you just always backfires.
Good thing the Evil Overlord List only exists in the real world, where we don't have super-powered half-clothing alien fashionistas.

...Or do we...
Old 2014-02-21, 02:31   Link #46
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

My god Oka-sama ...... she really love touch Satsuki <v<

Gamagori x Mako yeah~

and Ryuko hate Senketsu? :'( no no !!
Old 2014-02-21, 02:57   Link #47
Bafflement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
There's another scene soon afterwards where she's still checking him out
Bafflement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 03:34   Link #48
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot

She stares at his gun the whole time.
Old 2014-02-21, 03:40   Link #49
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakaouji View Post
Honestly, I'm wearied of the countless bombastic explosions they've been throwing at the screen every week. And all this grandstand posturing has made me numb to all the cheap twists and turns and the emotional fallout caused by them.

Kill la Kill was not exactly known for its 'complex' plotting anyway so the two things that kept this show entertaining were the ridiculous fights and how far it could go with the crazy concept. I fear, for me, the show's finally hit the point of diminishing returns as every explosion and berserker rage-fueled battle elicit a mere 'meh' from me. Its unapologetic indulgence which used to be its greatest strength has become its undoing.

And the scene where Ragyo spanks her daughter's butt was-- ugh- unnecessary excess-- something the show often mires itself in for better and for worse. In the end, it remains obvious the show prizes style over substance and base titillation over cerebral stimulation.

Hopefully, the show finds renewed strength when the two sisters eventually team up to take their mother down.
Nah you're asking for too much. I enjoy the style but the substance has been drop dead boring since day one for me.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 03:53   Link #50
Candyshark

And they censor Aikuro with dad's face. Classy.

IraxMako is a ghostship, Mako heart belongs to Ryuuko and Ira is too nice of a guy to butt into a relationship.

To be honest I'm grateful to creators for making Ragyo a complete lunatic. A deprived and sadistic villian. Playing games I used to sympathitic villians who are more in a grey zone or kind of victims of situations but after this episode I won't doubt peeps who said Ragyou isn't a slave to Life Fiber but it's ruling hand.

Satsuki moments were great even though abit of foul taste. I did judge her recklessness and naivete last episode but she did redeem herself showing that she did think a bit further and had a back-up plans. And that unyielding resolve...wow as compared to Ryuuko who goes through emotion rollercoaster. She won't have any qualms to put on Senketsu if Ryuuko won't come to her sences. Besides Senketsu looked so harmless and adorable in last scenes like a tiny puppy.

anyway my predictions as for last fight are:

1.Ryuuko gets her ass handed to her.
2.Satsuki looking totally badass comes to rescue dressed in black (Senketsu) dual wielding her katanas.
3.They procede to kick ass.
4.Ragyo looses her shit puts on ultimate godrobe.
5.She goes goes zerk mode gets her head chopped off. Explosions of course.
6. Nuuudist Beach celebration make out party. (If Satsuki sicerely smiles +100 ratings)
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 04:45   Link #51
calubin_175

Terminator, Matrix style post post-apocalyptic setting.

The whole idea of two sisters along with their father trying to stop the evil plans of their mother is similar to Galaxy Express 999.

I am not sure whether Ryuko vs Satsuki will become like MD Geist. MD Geist had two opposing heroes in super suits in a post apocalyptic setting.
calubin_175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 07:04   Link #52
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Ryuko needs Mako to beat some senses to her again

and.... Gamagoori x Mako pairing confirmed
meanwhile, Satsuki is a prisoner and Ragyo making another Kamui

Nonon-chan in Nudist-outfit... *nosebleed*
I didn't expect that

so.... the upcoming episode would be last battle arc
I really want to see the Kiryuin siblings fought side by side

Isshin Matoi is..... aaahhh *mindblown*

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 09:32   Link #53
Triple_R
"...Why?!", Sailor Faerie
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Very good aftermath/follow-up episode.

One of Kill La Kill's strengths continues to be very brisk plot pacing with sensible plot developments. There are twists, but they make sense in in light of the full narrative, which is a key aspect of good plot twists.

So Ryuko and Satsuki are full-blooded sisters. It'll be interesting to see if that changes how they interact with each other when they meet again.

Nice to see the Elite Four (and other Satsuki party remnants) join up with Nudist Beach. Great to see these characters in a protagonist role for a change.

Gamagoori x Mako has become a very cute and charming side-story romance. I think it's good for both characters, as it ensures that neither is overly defined by either Satsuki (Gamagoori) or Ryuko (Mako).

Then there's Ryuko's explosive awakening (which was awesome) followed by her exploding on Senketsu (which is not so awesome).

However, anime characters going through a period of angst over becoming "monsters" is nothing new. See Madoka Magica, and Valvrave the Liberator. It's almost a requirement now for an anime show where a character "loses their humanity". I know some don't like that, but it's clearly become popular in anime, for good or for ill.

It's perhaps a bit worse here, because it means Ryuko suddenly turns on Senketsu which can seem a bit extreme/out of left field, but given Kill La Kill's brisk plot pacing, we'll hopefully only have to deal with it for an episode or two.
Old 2014-02-21, 09:52   Link #54
Hero of the day
Masa~san <3

Man why did Ryuko have to ruin the 'mightiest 5' crowning moment? I would have loved to see them go 300 on the invading COVERS. I can see Satsuki escaping from Honnouji academy and arriving in Osaka just in time to slap some sense into Ryuko, Mako can probably do so too literally, but I much prefer the former. Who knows we might even get to see Satsuki in a Nudist Beach uniform. I know, I know we've seen her practically naked thanks to mommy dearest but just look at Nonon (drools)
Old 2014-02-21, 11:07   Link #55
Breimoon

they should have given sidechara more time to shine. Let's hope they get it when they attack the headquarters
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 11:17   Link #56
Death Usagi
Nano DEATH

Blade Regalia MKIII getting destroyed somehow reminds me of Viral's Enkidudu getting destroyed in Gurren Lagann?
Old 2014-02-21, 11:34   Link #57
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

This anime never fails to make my blood boil. It's funny how a show with such a ridiculous premise turned out to be so epic, but that's Trigger for you, I guess.
Old 2014-02-21, 13:00   Link #58
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bafflement View Post
There's another scene soon afterwards where she's still checking him out
Oh, you mean this one?
Spoiler for That's not the only head she wants to pet:
Old 2014-02-21, 14:06   Link #59
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Any chance Satsuki ends up wearing Senketsu? She must have some compatibility with the Kamui given that she is Ryuuko's sister. I would guess the ultimate Kamui that Nui is working on is intended for Ryuuko.
Old 2014-02-21, 14:33   Link #60
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Any chance Satsuki ends up wearing Senketsu? She must have some compatibility with the Kamui given that she is Ryuuko's sister. I would guess the ultimate Kamui that Nui is working on is intended for Ryuuko.
I don't think so. The all idea of using Ryuko was because Satsuki is incompatible with the Kamui.