AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-04-06, 19:12   Link #61
Flower
Purrrrfectly cuddly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Best quote:

Princess is delivered after being beat-up by the guards

Princess: "Anyone would have become violent!"

*beat*

Steward: "No. They would not"
I have to admit that I laughed at this as well. Nice thing is that we have gotten to know the MC fairly well up to that point so it is an effective line.

Anyone? Of course!

Umm... no.
Old 2014-04-06, 21:13   Link #62
woodearth
Ramen Hunter

From the main promotional poster I was expecting a show like 12 kingdoms or saiunkoku. I was taken aback by the comedic moments and the inconsistent art in the 1st episode.

Still nice to see uncommon genres represented in this season
Old 2014-04-07, 01:20   Link #63
dniv
Science is Romance

So am I the only one who believes this to be the dark horse of this season...? I didn't read the earlier thread pages... so forgive me if I'm like the 30th person who said this.

This one was my favorite so far even more than the new fairy tail and the new detective and the new ... which I all liked, so that just shows that we need more shoe brands now!!!

I know Nike is a reference to the Greek Goddess (probably...).

I'll hold off on reading the manga until I finish watching this.

The first episode gave me Magi/FT vibes, in a good way. I really liked what they did with episode one, it made me understand that I already love this world.

This also gives me some vague feeling of Scrapped Princess with how the two thugs are being treated. I am very excited to watch this. Fridays and Saturdays will be amazing this season.

@Flower that scene also made me laugh pretty hard. This season seems like it'll be a little too good.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 03:32   Link #64
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I thought I was supposed to take this seriously, then it broke the fourth wall. Really was a turn off. Will still give it a chance, since Nike was cool, but whoever thought it was a good idea to put in some humour better put it away in the future.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 03:53   Link #65
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
it was a good idea to put in some humour.
Hate to say this, but there will be moments of levity in the series. It'll offset some of the more serious parts.
Old 2014-04-07, 04:07   Link #66
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Looks fairly light hearted with the fourth wall breaking jokes though sounds like there's some fairly heavy political stuff going on within the Sun Kingdom. Premise and animation looks pretty interesting. Considering the lack of obvious cadre of bishi in the OP, i'm guessing this is going to be focus mostly on Nike and Livius instead of love triangles?
Old 2014-04-07, 08:02   Link #67
whitecloud

Basically...ciel having an older wive, and in the process becoming less angsty...too bad the "sebastian" is not evil, while rather competent...
Old 2014-04-07, 09:48   Link #68
Azuma Denton
~AD~

The main heroine is a new seiyuu right?
Love her voice so far...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 10:36   Link #69
LKK

I wasn't expecting comedy, but I enjoyed it immensely. (Except for the breaking the 4th wall moment although hubby liked it.) I'm looking forward to meeting the sun king next. Based on what I've heard about him, he and the rain princess should mix about as well as oil and water.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 11:44   Link #70
Flower
Purrrrfectly cuddly!

Just finished ch 1 of the manga and was quite pleasantly surprised. I actually prefer the way the anime eased folks into the narrative more than the manga's beginnings. Good job to the anime staff on that front!

Also was interested to see the way the studio manifested the manga art... all in all it was very well done, I felt.

Now I am even more interested to see where this series goes. It has potential, I think! ^^
Old 2014-04-07, 17:27   Link #71
dniv
Science is Romance

Hopefully, this becomes my next Magi/Index. I hope this is good because I really love the world.

The best moment for me was when they broke the fourth wall. I was like... and then I was like and then I was like

I really liked this episode considering it was a filler episode.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 18:40   Link #72
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Big boobed violent onee-san female lead with a heart of gold .... I am sold!!!
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 21:15   Link #73
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Got to say that a very nice start the MC seem like she eat anything and everything
Old 2014-04-08, 18:57   Link #74
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

I tried out a few titles of the season and enjoyed this the most. The flow and pacing were good for the first ep. I love to see the interactions between Nike and her young husband.
Old 2014-04-08, 20:16   Link #75
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
... Except she and Livi haven't actually interacted with each other yet in a meaningful manner. That's for the next episode.

By the way, Nike isn't a wind talker -- the manga makes it a point that the members of the Royal Family have to sing.
Old 2014-04-08, 23:24   Link #76
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifis View Post
I tried out a few titles of the season and enjoyed this the most. The flow and pacing were good for the first ep. I love to see the interactions between Nike and her young husband.
Your description reminds me about a manga where an nomadic life. One group of readers want the shouta groom to "tame" his archery bride. Another group of readers want the "big sister type" bride to raise her shouta husband to fit the ideal man standard. By the way, this red head magician pricess is becoming more common in anime. This type of character got the brain, look, strength and guts. However, this type of heroine lacks common sense. It seems she has some screw loose in her head. So, she will have some silly moments.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 00:24   Link #77
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
Your description reminds me about a manga where an nomadic life. One group of readers want the shouta groom to "tame" his archery bride. Another group of readers want the "big sister type" bride to raise her shouta husband to fit the ideal man standard. By the way, this red head magician pricess is becoming more common in anime. This type of character got the brain, look, strength and guts. However, this type of heroine lacks common sense. It seems she has some screw loose in her head. So, she will have some silly moments.
You're thinking of Otoyomegatari, it's a nice manga.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 07:54   Link #78
whitecloud

Nike is comparable to Nina Viento..really...with additional perk to be able to call rain by singing, the wind calling dont require singing...

hmm...now that i think about it both of them is kinda similar, nike is basically a much more optimistic and upbeat nina viento, i guess?
Old 2014-04-09, 11:00   Link #79
XFire
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post

Are they allowed to develop a relationship without one dominating the others personality?
Old 2014-04-09, 20:28   Link #80
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

There's always a dominating party in a relationship but I don't think these two will be like that. It probably will be more like they complement each other, one's weakness is another's strength. She probably will have some silly moments. If she has it all, she would be too good for him (as she already looks down on him that he's this little kid.) But maturity isn't defined by age. The boy may be wise beyond his age and I assume he would be since he runs the country too well. (Maybe his charismatic leadership would make him the dominating party. Or is it the right hand man's doing? I took a glimpse. He looks kind of good. )

Heck, what was that ED about? Young king showing off his bod.

Tags
fantasy, romance, shoujo