AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Chuunibyou

Notices

View Poll Results: Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 7 20.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 47.06%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 14.71%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 2.94%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.94%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 8.82%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.94%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-03-01, 15:18   Link #41
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Satone's chuuni mode seems very intense, but at the same time she gives the impression that she can switch it on and off just as quickly.

Her discussion with Rikka suggests that her chuuni has become something she enjoys; we don't know if it was ever a mental crutch like it is/was for Rikka, but I like the LARPing comparison, and I agree that we'd really need to see more of her regular daily life to be able to compare her to the others.
__________________
Endless Knackwurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-01, 22:00   Link #42
KLGChaos
The Shermain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Age: 35
Yeah, I think that's what irks me the most about the series. It really glorifies chuunibyou without actually showing that it needs a balance of real life. Being in chuuni all the time is a sign of mental trauma or illness (as we saw in season 1 with Rikka's dad). If they showed at least some moments of the characters actually breaking character and acting somewhat normal (without all the melancholy dramatic stuff of the first season), I'd be satisfied. But it seems that EVERYTHING that happens to Rikka, she relates to her Chuuni mode, which is actually kills the development she had last year. It was refreshing to see Sophia step out of character there for a bit, but even then, she couldn't call Yuuta by his name and kept with the "Hero" nickname.
__________________
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-01, 22:37   Link #43
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Actually, regarding "Yuusha" instead of "Yuuta," perhaps she deliberately calls him Hero instead of his name because one is associated with chuuni mode and the other is associated with her allegedly-abandoned love for him, such that calling Yuuta "Yuuta" would mean that she's back on that wagon and dropping her chuuni permanently.
__________________
Endless Knackwurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-01, 23:21   Link #44
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Yeah, I think that's what irks me the most about the series. It really glorifies chuunibyou without actually showing that it needs a balance of real life. Being in chuuni all the time is a sign of mental trauma or illness (as we saw in season 1 with Rikka's dad). If they showed at least some moments of the characters actually breaking character and acting somewhat normal (without all the melancholy dramatic stuff of the first season), I'd be satisfied. But it seems that EVERYTHING that happens to Rikka, she relates to her Chuuni mode, which is actually kills the development she had last year. It was refreshing to see Sophia step out of character there for a bit, but even then, she couldn't call Yuuta by his name and kept with the "Hero" nickname.
To begin with, Rikka didn't just become a Chuuni because of her fathers death, his death exacerbated it but she genuinely became one because she thought Yuuta was legitimately cool. That's basically the true source of Chuunibyou. While people who get out of it view what they did as "uncool" or "embarrasing," at the time they thought it was awesome .

And Rikka doesn't relate everything to her Chuuni, especially when it comes to her feelings for Yuuta. This episode and the trip episodes have shown that she can be forward with her feelings without resorting to her Chuuni.
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 00:39   Link #45
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm very happy with the amount of focus Shinka and Deko have gotten in the second season. To be honest, I care about them a lot more than Yuuta and Rikka who have been a bit boring this season. They never fail to entertain me, and their relationship is endearing. Moreover, my yuri goggles work wonders on them. I wish they would end up together, but that will probably never happen.
Maybe not spelling it out, but KyoAni totally could imply them to be together...

Cut screen into the future for example, see the casts already went to college. And for their club meet up after a long while, we can see Shinka and Dekomori turned up to the meeting together, as they went to the same university and stay in the same apartment. Still can portray to be mostly tsun on each other, but the implication is enough. And hey it's less bold than what KyoAni gave us so far: first kiss on Christmas, love triangle fight, etc...
__________________
risingstar3110 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 05:21   Link #46
anonfr
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Somewhere deep down I'm still shipping YuutaxNibutani but oh my god the Yuri is strong in this one.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 10:28   Link #47
Anime Online
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
I still don't understand where stalker-girl comes from. She's from another school, so how did she end up stalking Deko? Did she find out how Deko looks up to Mori Summer, then she created a website to impersonate Mori Summer to get close to Deko, but neglected to let Deko know about the website? Where did she get all the information on the Mabinogion and the rest of the Mori Summer stuff? Didn't Shinka delete them years ago? The pieces don't seem to fit.

Is stalker-girl even a chuuni? How did she get into a chuuni make-believe battle? It seems just anyone can get into a chunni fight now (such as the napping club fight).
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 12:44   Link #48
The Green One
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Stalker-chan probably just spotted Deko one day by chance and became fascinated by her. Through her stalking learned all about her Chunni and her interests and decided that using the identity of MoriSummer was the quickest method to get her hands on Dekomori. Stalker-chan isn't a chunni at all, it was all just a means to an end to try to seduce Dekomori and satisfy her lust for her.
The Green One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 14:06   Link #49
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
I alluded to this upthread, but it is discomfiting to think that in the show's universe there's some mildly-disturbed woman still lurking out there and possibly looking for another virgin to molest. With four episodes left I think it's unlikely that they'll revisit this storyline (unless Stalker-chan gets a passing mention in an overheard news broadcast), since it's effectively finished its mission with regard to character-developing Shinka and Sanae.

This isn't a situation where they can bring everyone back together and say "Ah, no harm, no foul," like the S1 finale's hijinks implied.

As far as finding out about the Mabinogion, what of the possibility that Sanae's backup copies leaked out?
__________________
Endless Knackwurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 16:14   Link #50
SamCurt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
As far as finding out about the Mabinogion, what of the possibility that Sanae's backup copies leaked out?
I would just say the Wayback Machine.
__________________
Shameless plug: Avatar is Hiroki Sawada from Detective Conan: Phantom of Baker Street (FUNi Sub available). Yes, moe exists in Detective Conan.
SamCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 21:48   Link #51
ellessarr
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Age: 36
one thing who i liked in this episode is who even yuuta is a deko x nibutani shipper, he really was worried about the break of then and tried to make then going back, lol.

this is what i like in this anime and even in most of the kyoani, who i watched you dont need a harem or have every girl fall for the mc to have a good show. you can have a lot of girls and none or only one fall for the mc(or being the only real love interest) and the series still being very good and entertaining, another kyoani shows who i liked (romance part) was kyoukai no kanata and hyouka(who was one awesome show and one of the kyoani best so far) and their dont follow the "otaku" trend-mark of romance(stupids mcs with girls magically fallen in love with him), what i really like.

another thing i noticed, this is one of the few shows where the adaptation surpass the source in popularity and quality, dekomori is one of the best characters who i see in anime all her antics are epic and her love/hate relationship with nibutani is overwhelming funny and enjoyable, i'm never was too much fan of yuri(and hate with passion yaoi) but nibutani and dekomori are impossible to not be liked as a funny "almost couple".

i'm glad who i not yet read the novel because i dont know if i can get the same feeling or entertaiment, missing characters like dekomori, rikka sister or even kumin, this can leave with a empty feelings.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 13:34   Link #52
Birdway
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
I still don't understand where stalker-girl comes from. She's from another school, so how did she end up stalking Deko? Did she find out how Deko looks up to Mori Summer, then she created a website to impersonate Mori Summer to get close to Deko, but neglected to let Deko know about the website? Where did she get all the information on the Mabinogion and the rest of the Mori Summer stuff? Didn't Shinka delete them years ago? The pieces don't seem to fit.

Is stalker-girl even a chuuni? How did she get into a chuuni make-believe battle? It seems just anyone can get into a chunni fight now (such as the napping club fight).
Don't think too much, all was just a plot device made up by the studio Kyoani with the purpose of pandering and trying to get the yuri googles of some fans work.


@ellessarr
*facepalm*

I guess you're just joking. Even if it's anime still is non canon/anime stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
Somewhere deep down I'm still shipping YuutaxNibutani but oh my god the Yuri is strong in this one.
Well, don't worry too much, all of it was anime original contents so you can try the novels where some of those character don't even exists .
__________________
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 15:19   Link #53
ellessarr
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Don't think too much, all was just a plot device made up by the studio Kyoani with the purpose of pandering and trying to get the yuri googles of some fans work.


@ellessarr
*facepalm*

I guess you're just joking. Even if it's anime still is non canon/anime stuff.


Well, don't worry too much, all of it was anime original contents so you can try the novels where some of those character don't even exists .
why jokey????
chu2byou rights owner is kyouto animation with the LN writer, the LN novel is much less popular than the anime (anime sales easy pass novel sales)

the only who can say what is canon or not is kyouto and the writer not us.

their get a average novel and turned in a sucessfull anime, if kyouto say "its canon" then it's canon(i'm not sayin who their said that but their can).

and for the comment who i see about the novel, most of then say who anime is much better.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 05:50   Link #54
kyou13
Kaoru&Mari FTW
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Am I the only one who can't seem to get into this whole yuri thing!?

@ellesarr: I'll give credit to Hyouka for being their best show in recent years.
As for other recent shows, sadly I must say Kyoani are not what they used to be anymore.
kyou13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 13:40   Link #55
ellessarr
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyou13 View Post
Am I the only one who can't seem to get into this whole yuri thing!?

@ellesarr: I'll give credit to Hyouka for being their best show in recent years.
As for other recent shows, sadly I must say Kyoani are not what they used to be anymore.
i'm not saying who all of them are masterpiece but regards romance their bring exactly what i like in romance and their not go just to the "otaku cliche route" who many shows like to do.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 19:55   Link #56
R.LocK
My turn
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
^You like lovers not kissing for half a year of dating? Ugh, I'm not really digging the 'romance' in Chuu-2. Actually, there is something sweet, but there's no romance. There's just some cute cuddl- actually, scratch that, no cuddling, just a silly comedy routine turned into more serious stuff but not by much. Anime is pretty much better than novel, that much is given, but I love novel for its take on Yuuta. And, probably, Nibutani, even though she's pretty sweet this season.

Oh right, that was all about het pairing. NibuxDeko goes strong. And it's great.
R.LocK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 22:51   Link #57
ellessarr
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
^You like lovers not kissing for half a year of dating? Ugh, I'm not really digging the 'romance' in Chuu-2. Actually, there is something sweet, but there's no romance. There's just some cute cuddl- actually, scratch that, no cuddling, just a silly comedy routine turned into more serious stuff but not by much. Anime is pretty much better than novel, that much is given, but I love novel for its take on Yuuta. And, probably, Nibutani, even though she's pretty sweet this season.

Oh right, that was all about het pairing. NibuxDeko goes strong. And it's great.
no kissing??? and what deko and nibutani did , lol because this is how "japanese romance work" too much "pure" to much shy (even in ecchi and harems), we have a overwhelming shy guy who even being a big pervert still unable to does a kiss or say who he likes someones, this how japanese like to do romances, only when we get really serious or really more "adult"(not because of ecchi or things like that but a more heavy drama plot) who couples kiss or act more like real couples, more regulary, otherwise most of the times will be about a shy/dense/pervert/gay/childsh/coward or a mix of all the things like a guy called kodaka(man my hate over that guy know no bounds) male mc who can be the most OP character in action, more badass, more sexy, more handsome but a completly failure to the point of you make feel resentful as a man(at last i feel in most of the cases) and a girl who could be shy, naive, tsundere, lovely and others things but must be the side to take actions since if she just wait the gay turn in a man maybe her grandgranddaughter can see this happen, but this is basically how "japanese romance" work most of the times.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 23:21   Link #58
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Don't think too much, all was just a plot device made up by the studio Kyoani with the purpose of pandering and trying to get the yuri googles of some fans work.
The whole series is "pandering" in a way, so I don't know why you'd think what happened in this episode is less relevant or important. What this episode brought to the table was character development for both Shinka and Deko, and their relationship. And that's not pandering.


Quote:
Even if it's anime still is non canon.
KyoAni owns the property so the anime is as canon as the light novel, even if it's different.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 08:09   Link #59
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Italy
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
^You like lovers not kissing for half a year of dating? Ugh, I'm not really digging the 'romance' in Chuu-2. Actually, there is something sweet, but there's no romance. There's just some cute cuddl- actually, scratch that, no cuddling, just a silly comedy routine turned into more serious stuff but not by much. Anime is pretty much better than novel, that much is given, but I love novel for its take on Yuuta. And, probably, Nibutani, even though she's pretty sweet this season.

Oh right, that was all about het pairing. NibuxDeko goes strong. And it's great.
Honestly, it's very difficult to have romance when one part of the "relationship" is far too emotionally undeveloped for it, and your "relationship" is that between a father and a daughter (or, as Nisemori put it, between a Grandfather and a Granddaughter) rather than between a boyfriend and a girlfriend...
This video really sums their relationship perfectly:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7G6L_bkwDw

__________________
Ipsa scientia potestas est.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 08:22   Link #60
Birdway
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
The whole series is "pandering" in a way, so I don't know why you'd think what happened in this episode is less relevant or important. What this episode brought to the table was character development for both Shinka and Deko, and their relationship. And that's not pandering.




KyoAni owns the property so the anime is as canon as the light novel, even if it's different.
Could you re-read my post? My point was about the "yuri" which was the pandering device. Not the relationships since its far obvious when this series is centered about character than a story plot.
__________________
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.