AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2014-03-03, 07:52   Link #81
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Yes of course, the hysteria is coming from Washington - Not Kremlin. XP
From all sides actually, but now that EU and US has finally installed a government friendly to them, they certainly don't want Russia to spoil the party.
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 07:58   Link #82
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Off topic but how many languages are you fluent in O__o

Also, I can't believe how no one in NATO's East European states is openly protesting how the alliance is going to potentially draw them into a war no one wants if they interfere
An European conflict would be a good test of land warfare capability. Given that they have invested much in a few new land toys, it would be interesting for them to test it.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 08:04   Link #83
Haak
F**k my life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
From all sides actually, but now that EU and US has finally installed a government friendly to them, they certainly don't want Russia to spoil the party.
Yeah, soon they'll be sending in their troops as well. XP

Note, the EU did jack all btw.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 09:03   Link #84
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

http://o.canada.com/news/canada-reca...ut-of-ukraine/ Slightly old news(from yesterday) but it is relevant in it's own way.

A summary of the events in Ukraine.
Old 2014-03-03, 09:16   Link #85
Der Langrisser
Valkyrie pilot

Russian markets hit as Putin tightens grip on Crimea.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...A1Q1E820140303
Old 2014-03-03, 09:35   Link #86
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Land toy? A shame that the new Armata Tank is still in prototype phase. T-84 vs. T-90, I guess.

Anyway, what is the Tatar's opinion of the Ukraina's new government?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 09:36   Link #87
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Pressure Rising as Obama Works to Rein In Russia
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/03/wo...a.html?hp&_r=1
Quote:
Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany told Mr. Obama by telephone on Sunday that after speaking with Mr. Putin she was not sure he was in touch with reality, people briefed on the call said. “In another world,” she said.

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 09:47   Link #88
konart

Send a message via Skype™ to konart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Land toy? A shame that the new Armata Tank is still in prototype phase. T-84 vs. T-90, I guess.

Anyway, what is the Tatar's opinion of the Ukraina's new government?
vs. T-90C. T-90A and C have many differences
Old 2014-03-03, 09:52   Link #89
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Hope it won't escalate to the Naval and Air Force.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 09:52   Link #90
sbg711

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...intervene.html

Quote:
We have been rubbing Russia up the wrong way for nearly 25 years.
It is hard to see why.
Moscow could have been our friend if we had wanted that.
We rightly viewed the old Soviet Union as a global menace to freedom.
But Russia is no such thing, just a major regional power sick of being humiliated and pushed around by ignorant outsiders.
I watched the old Soviet menace vanish on the streets of Moscow in August 1991 when a KGB putsch failed, the Communist Party was shattered in pieces, and the USSR collapsed in a cloud of rust.
Russians always believed there was an unspoken agreement that, in return for this, they would be allowed their dignity. They now believe that agreement has been broken.
What was left after 1991 was Russia, a proud and courageous people living amid the wreckage left by 74 years of Marxism and hoping to revive their ravaged country. We could have helped them.
By indulging Boris Yeltsin’s debauched reign (during which he shelled his own parliament while the West looked on complacently), we made Russian voters see Vladimir Putin as an attractive alternative.
The Putin government is squalid, but nothing like as bad as that of China, with whom we are on good terms.

Rather than recognising that the Cold War was over, we re-started it for no good reason, encouraging Russia’s neighbours to join the EU or Nato as if the USSR still existed.
In recent months, the EU and the United States have been willing to wound but afraid to strike.
They have aggressively sought to detach Ukraine from Russia and draw her into the EU orbit, knowing very well that this would infuriate Moscow.

Senior American, German and EU figures have gone to Kiev to egg on the anti-Russian crowds. Imagine how you would feel if Russia’s Foreign Minister turned up at SNP rallies in Edinburgh, backing Scottish independence.
Putin’s Crimean games are a sarcastic response.
The unspoken message is: ‘You like breakaway movements and meddling in other people’s business? Try this for size.’
And now, having raised hopes we cannot fulfil, we have awakened the ancient passions of this cruel part of the world and who knows where our vainglorious folly will now lead?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...#ixzz2uuZqTrTz
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Last edited by sbg711; 2014-03-03 at 10:48.
sbg711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 11:12   Link #91
sneaker

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-26424738

Quote:
Russia demands surrender of Ukraine's Crimea forces

The Russian military has given Ukrainian forces in Crimea until 03:00 GMT to surrender or face an assault, Ukrainian defence sources have said.

The head of Russia's Black Sea Fleet Aleksander Vitko set the deadline and threatened an attack "across Crimea".

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov earlier said Russia was responding to "ultra-nationalist threats".

Western powers have condemned Moscow's decision to send troops as a "violation of Ukraine's sovereignty".

Russia is now said to be in de facto control of the Crimea region.

Ukraine has ordered full mobilisation to counter the intervention.
(not yet confirmed if true)
sneaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 11:23   Link #92
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Note that both of Ukraine's biggest ports are supporting the Russians. Shouldn't be difficult to see who is fucked now.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2014-03-03, 11:50   Link #93
kyp275
ZA ZOMBIE!!!

“Hai guiz, all you mofos that are surrounded by our troops who aren’t really ours because they are totally unmarked need to surrender, so we can make sure that you guys who have been blockaded inside your base can stop oppressing all these Russian speakers….from inside your bases… while being surrounded…. Hey, stop laughing!”

What a wonderful tactic, I should totally take over my neighbor’s house to make sure that their….pet fish, yes! aren’t being mistreated
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 11:53   Link #94
Haak
F**k my life...

Didn't you hear? The Russians say they're just responding to the threat of Ultranationalism. Apparently the Ukrainian soldiers are Neo Nazi's too.

Either that or they're paid by the EU/USA/West.

Putin's "sarcastic response"...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 12:07   Link #95
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
“Hai guiz, all you mofos that are surrounded by our troops who aren’t really ours because they are totally unmarked need to surrender, so we can make sure that you guys who have been blockaded inside your base can stop oppressing all these Russian speakers….from inside your bases… while being surrounded…. Hey, stop laughing!”

What a wonderful tactic, I should totally take over my neighbor’s house to make sure that their….pet fish, yes! aren’t being mistreated
I am actually confused by what you are writing. It makes no sense.

Old 2014-03-03, 12:20   Link #96
kyp275
ZA ZOMBIE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I am actually confused by what you are writing. It makes no sense.
Satires and sarcasm isn’t nearly as funny if you have to explain them…

I was referencing Russia’s initial denial that they’ve moved their military into Ukraine when it was plainly obvious to anyone with half of a working brain cell that they did, and their laughable pretext of stopping ethnic oppression by Ukrainian forces (many of which are local residents) which they themselves have blockaded in.

It reminds me of an interview with one of the Arizona senator that supported the “religious freedom” bill, when asked to provide an example of the supposed discrimination against religious people the bill was supposed to prevent, his best answer was “…….”.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 12:24   Link #97
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
Satires and sarcasm isn’t nearly as funny if you have to explain them…

I was referencing Russia’s initial denial that they’ve moved their military into Ukraine when it was plainly obvious to anyone with half of a working brain cell that they did, and their laughable pretext of stopping ethnic oppression by Ukrainian forces (many of which are local residents) which they themselves have blockaded in.

It reminds me of an interview with one of the Arizona senator that supported the “religious freedom” bill, when asked to provide an example of the supposed discrimination against religious people the bill was supposed to prevent, his best answer was “…….”.
Actually I more or less got the gist of what you wanted to say, but that post of mine has only one point and that is :

Quote:
It makes no sense.
What you wrote simply reflects what official Russian statements are - nonsensical.

Should have put smilies after that to push my point; forgot that what is writ has little in the way of tone.

Old 2014-03-03, 12:32   Link #98
konart

Send a message via Skype™ to konart
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
No

Defense Ministry denies Ukrainian military ultimatum
http://lenta.ru/news/2014/03/03/ultimate/
Old 2014-03-03, 13:26   Link #99
zarqu
Stüldt Håjt!

Posturing

Quote:
The Guardian’s Shaun Walker (@shaunwalker7) writes that while reports of a blanket ultimatum applying to the Ukrainian military posture as a whole should be taken with a generous grain of salt, it should “also be remembered that there have been ultimatums at all bases, including the one I was inside at Feodosia yesterday. They were ignored, and nothing happened.”

Kyiv Post editor Christopher Miller reports personally hearing an ultimatum delivered from a Russian ship to a Ukrainian force near what appears to be Slavutych recreation camp in Alushta, Crimea
http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...ol-crimea-live
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 14:14   Link #100
Der Langrisser
Valkyrie pilot

Russian power play risks full-scale investor exodus.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...A221LU20140303