AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Gundam Build Fighters - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 20 41.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 31.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 18.75%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 6.25%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-03-10, 21:26   Link #101
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

And, it's like Pokemon - Giving the duo another reason to move on.

But I hope that GBF won't be made into something like Inazuma Eleven.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-10, 22:25   Link #102
mangakid95
Ghost Team has Maniac. :p

Goose: I wasn't referring to good vs bad when I mentioned Yuuki & Reiji/Sei. I specifically referred to Yuuki as the "other" guy since there really is no concept of good vs bad in this show. I used the good/bad contrast as an example to show what I meant.

Nah, Ral didn't beat his dad. Considering that Sei & everyone around him, save for Reiji are gunpla nuts, someone was bound to point out Ral's status at some point. He's legendary in the gunpla world, that much is certain, but as a former world champion, that's unlikely.
Old 2014-03-10, 22:32   Link #103
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Mangakid: point there, true.

Hmmm. Point on Ral. Well, if Takeshi is Michael Schumacher, then I guess Ral would be either MIka Hakkinen or Reubens Barrichelo, or Nigel Mansel. Or maybe Damon Hill.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-10, 22:41   Link #104
shadow1296

this reaction killed me
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
especially china's part
Old 2014-03-10, 22:50   Link #105
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

China was so terrified she'd be NTRed, but luckily Rinko confirmed that Aila is tsundere for Reiji, and Reiji alone.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2014-03-10, 22:55   Link #106
mangakid95
Ghost Team has Maniac. :p

Goose: Yea, Ral's something like that...lol
Old 2014-03-10, 23:12   Link #107
Desruprot

My guess is Ral is the first Meijin, note the images when Nils looks up the First Meijin is it not a Gouf? Ral is famous because of the first boom, hence why he seems to know every competitive player. He could also have been a guide for other players in the past.
Desruprot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-10, 23:15   Link #108
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
I think that Mao said that because of the paint that had come off F91, unaware that was his gimmick.
No That was said to let us know Yuuki had a advantage.

Poor Mao becoming the Yamcha of this series.

I wanted F91 to win being one of the few units I use in SDGO aside from V2 assault buster gundam and Wing Zero variants. Still a epic battle tho.
Old 2014-03-10, 23:27   Link #109
Aurelis
Daydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desruprot View Post
My guess is Ral is the first Meijin, note the images when Nils looks up the First Meijin is it not a Gouf? Ral is famous because of the first boom, hence why he seems to know every competitive player. He could also have been a guide for other players in the past.
If I'm not wrong, the first Meijin was based on an actual person, Katsumi Kawaguchi, working for Bandai, who has made tremendous amount of guides, tutorial and model pieces.

Aurelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-10, 23:29   Link #110
Desruprot

yes he is the actual first...but the anime first is actually Ral...is more what I'm saying, also to note he has the Meijin Glasses now that picture is old...
Old 2014-03-10, 23:32   Link #111
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

And the second?

That remind me, anyone here read GBF Docutment? So when did Yuuki get his title?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-10, 23:35   Link #112
Desruprot

the second was distinctly shown not being Goyf or looking like Ral...also likely too little time between the first and second (doesn't sound like ral's personality either in this series).
Old 2014-03-10, 23:36   Link #113
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
This is one those rare cases where I actually am rooting for the the other guy instead of the protag. I am so hoping that Yuuki tramples Reiji & Sei in the final. I'm not trolling, I'm really hoping he wins in the end. I think it'll also do good in breaking down the cliche that the protag always gets his way in the end.

Kinda like when you side with the bad guy because he's more charismatic or likable than the good guy.
While I'm fine with the cliche getting subverted, considering how Sei and Reiji have already lost to Yuuki twice, I'd much prefer them finally scoring a win in their last showdown.

And I think people are being a wee bit too worried over the RG system ruining the Star Build Strike and Exia Dark Matter fight. Considering the top notch crew that is working on the Dark Matter episode, the fact that it's such a pivotal fight, and that Sei and Reiji going up against Yuuki of all people, I think saying it's just going to end with another "Build Knuckle" is a bit too pessimistic. If anything, I'm expecting an all out brawl between Dark Matter in Trans-Am and the Strike with the RG system. Then again, I like being optimistic .

Aila in a towel .

And we have it straight from her that, if she can't live in Sei's house, she'd be fine as long a she can live with Reiji. Though Reiji doesn't seem so keen on the idea of bringing her to Arian, so it'll be very interesting to see how that plot point, and the Arian/Plavsky Particle sub-plot, progresses by the end of the series.

With all this mention about the second Meijin, and how vicious a Gunpla fighter he was, I wonder if he'll actually show up in person? Especially considering how much his ideology on Gunpla clashes with the "play for fun" perspective that most of the cast embraces .

I thought Amazing Exia vs. F91 Mirage was definitely awesome, in no small part due to the animation, use of Trans-Am, and the joy of getting to see Exia in action again. Setsuna would be proud .

Though for someone who hasn't fought in three years, Julian was still good enough to show just why he was in the running for the third Meijin .

While Yuuki said he'd drop the Meijin persona during the fight, I don't think he'll go full on "Moeagare Gunpla" until the fight with the Star Build Strike.

Poor Mao. He's the first of the main cast to get kicked out of the tournament, his relationship with Misaki keeps leaving him depressed, and now the Maoh gets torn up in this episode. I really gotta feel for the guy .

Hey, it's Dr. Tex! He was always one of my favorite characters from X, so that was a nice surprise .

I was expecting to get the fight between Sei and Reiji in the final episode, so I'm surprised to see it in the next episode. It'll be nice to see the Build MK. II in action again, and see how Sei's developed. Here's hoping for a decent fight between these two!
Old 2014-03-11, 00:34   Link #114
Death Usagi
DEATH BY POI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
YUUKI, YOU MUST WIN! TRANS-AM MUST WIN BEFORE THAT CRAPPY RG SYSTEM!

By the way, is the Orb (GN Condenser) only for show now?
To tell the truth, I do want the stupid RG System getting wrecked over because of its repetitive nature and annoyances that it is making this show look bad every time it happens.
Old 2014-03-11, 00:38   Link #115
Yesman
PMS Avenger

I don't know why people keep saying that Julian is rusty. Meijin said that Julian never lost his edge.
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 00:46   Link #116
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

first I dislike the idea of Yuuki using Exia as his gunpla, doesn't fit his theme (from zaku to kampfer), the colour especially...

and then dat TRANS-AM appeared...now everything is making sense
Old 2014-03-11, 01:04   Link #117
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
To be fair there are no good guys or bad guys. And there's nothing wrong with 2nd place - Takeshi was 2nd place too...

Inb4 reveal that Takeshi lost to Lt. Ral.
People would have called him champ rather than Lt.

And he lost easily to Reiji in practice.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 01:16   Link #118
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
People would have called him champ rather than Lt.

And he lost easily to Reiji in practice.
No, they'd still have called him Lt because of his rank. Still, you never know.

But the other interpretation is that the Build Fighters verse is Gundam afterlife. *shrug* Note Hathaway and Quess, and Litchy and Christina in the previews, and the Ronah family.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2014-03-11, 01:25   Link #119
hamazura
Eugeo Fangay

oh yeah he is hathaway, bright's son. he is too transparent so i forgot about him
Old 2014-03-11, 01:26   Link #120
Desruprot

that or a homage to all of gundam
Mr. Ral is pretty much a "good" version of Ramba, but in this verse he has much more influence then he had in Mobil Suit Gundam.
We dont know if he went easy or anything else involving his match with Reiji. This does show that Gundam can be good without death. We have yet to see some mobile suits from other major series.