AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Gundam Build Fighters - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 30 57.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 25.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 11.54%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 5.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-03-17, 13:39   Link #81
Phoenix6000
An Alternate Reality

Them cameos, dat Wing Gundam and did I mention all them cameos? So many happy endings for tragic couples. Plus you know you've made it as a husband when you're being scolded by Char.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
HAHAHAHA! This episode proves it! You CAN take out Turn A and X if you've got enough fire power on your side!

Except that Gunpla Turn X =/= Real Turn X in performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
Also surprised nobody went "what will they do with Nils and Caroline?"
No matter what happens, Samurai Boy will protect his new fiance.
Old 2014-03-17, 14:41   Link #82
Kurohane

This was an excellent episode. Also, it gave off many feels, especially near the end, as the episode partly served as a relaxer but also show the culmination of progress throughout the series, and how everything ties together through Gunpla. Not trying to sound cheesy here .

In the beginning, we're in a hospital room, with someone unconscious, being constantly kept alive through medicine and an air mask. We never really see his face. Yuuki identifies him as the second Meijin. He came to tell him that he has no intention of following the Second's ideology of using Gunpla to win at all costs. He will instead follow the First's ideology of promoting the fun and enjoyment of Gunpla. You have to wonder if Meijin was actually close to the Second Meijin or he's just making his intentions clear out of a sense of duty as the Third Meijin. Also, how the did the Second end up like this? Did he contract a terminal illness? Also, will he get better?

Again, we get the ravings of the CEO of how he completely doesn't want Reiji and Sei to win. This is really because Reiji serves as a reminder of the horrible thing he's done. He makes all these excuses of how if they win, he won't throw away the business opportunity of promoting the winners, even though he easily could. The major issue is that he doesn't want Reiji to remember the horrible thing he's done. It really makes you wonder after seeing this scene if this truth will really be played for laughs, and that it's just the CEO's parnoia, until the last scene of the episode before the ED.

At the festival we see many people having fun, and source of the most of the cameos, which I'll get into later. You see old characters like Susumu, one of Sei's sempai from school Gonda, Fellini's friend who lost against Nils, and Luang, though the last two didn't have speaking roles. We see a lot of Gunpla battle highlights beginning with someone using what looks like a custom Deathscythe Gundam and Fellini's "archenemy", but it just showed the German guy getting beaten. There was also the battle between the Gyan and Turn X from Susumu and Gonda respectively. (I can't believe the Moonlight Butterfly was nerfed!) Most notable was the return of Fellini from his absence since last episode, with his upgraded Wing Gundam Fenice Rinascita, and easily dominating Susumu's Gyan. Of course, he was defeated later by none other than Kirara with her Gerbera Tetra in quite an unorthodox way. A man is helpless when dealing with love .

Also, other highlights is Aila making her own Gunpla, the Miss Sazabi in the OP, with at first getting tips from Yuuki OUT of the Meijin costume no less. We have Mao being understandably depressed after he's been crapped on by the series for the last few episode. His teacher noticing his depressed state appears before him, lectures him and preceeds to "whip him into shape" dragging him away from Sei and Reiji. However, Mao finally has good things going for him with upgrading his Maou, and Misaki-chan coming back.

We get a talk between Sei, Reiji and Yuuki, (again out of the Meijin costume!). He said the wearing it too long makes his shoulders stiff, and Reiji again gives one of his simple answers. On the serious note, we finally get insight on Yuuki's motivations. It turns out before Gunpla he was being groomed to take over his family's company. However, it wasn't something he really wanted rather than something he had to accept and was growing resentful of it. The one who introduced him to Gunpla and in turn changed his life was Sei's dad. As Takeshi promoted Gunpla and it's enjoyment to him, he wanted to follow that example and do the same for others as the Third Meijin. The three of them say their goodbyes with a promise of a good match in the finals.

However, the chairman and his secretary has to make that difficult, with Baker requesting aid from Nine Barthes. With his help, the Amazing Exia has taken a darker form in Dark Matter. It seems Meijin will use Kampfer in the final match after all, with the Exia Dark Matter representing the darker side of Gunpla battles. From the wikia, it even has a type of embody system. I really can't see Yuuki actually piloting this Gunpla in the finals. It destroys everything he stands for.

Edit: Okay, just saw the last part. Yeah, Yuuki's being mind controlled. Curse PPSE and Flana Institute!

Of course, the major highlight is Sei and Reji battling it out in the Mark II and Beginning Gundam respectively. Sei really showed his fighter abilities. I think what really hindered him before was lack of confidence, but that changed with the experiences both he and Reiji have piled up. I really like the collage near the end, especially with the OST that accompanied it carrying over from Reiji and Sei's battle. Really, it gave me feels just by watching both. It really shows how far events have come along, and ends things on a good note.

Only to shift to a mood whiplash with Nils and Caroline in the PPSE factory, after following a truck carrying PPSE equipment. They discover a secret underground passage and end up following it to where lo and behold, they are now actually above the stadium. They enter a room (don't ask me how they bypassed the security code to get in), and discover a gigantic plavsky particle crystal. Also, of note the villains start finally acting like proper villains with Baker arriving on the scene with guards. She even gave the classic line of "Now that you've seen too much, we can''t possible let you leave." This is the second most serious thing to happen in the show after Aila's mind screw. How will this resolve? I'm truly interested.

Funny moments included the unorthodox match between Kirara and Fellini, and the reactions from Luang, German guy and Fellini's friend. Caroline upgrading her relationship to Nils to finance. Lastly, funny mixed with heartwarming moment, when Ral put himself as a wall between Ritsuko and Mao's teacher, as a defender while her husband wasn't around, until seconds later.

SO. MANY. CAMEOS. Char and Lalah. RAINE! The Kasshu family (weird Domon is a kid while Raine is an adult)! AL, BERNIE and CHRIS! The Frost Brothers! CARRIS! (Where are Garrod and Tiffa?) Of course, we have the ones already seen in the preview such as Lichte, Christina, Quess, Hathaway, and the Ronah family. Adding to the Victory boys is Uso and his parents. We also see that doomed couple biker captain-lietunent pair from Victory. I can't remember their names. I should know that orange haired girl, but I can't place my finger on it. I know the purple haired one too with the girl on the Gundam head, but again, I can't remember her name!

Last edited by Kurohane; 2014-03-18 at 00:34.
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-17, 15:16   Link #83
mangakid95
Grats to Germany's 4th WC

I spy Quattro Bejeena (char Aznable), Lalah Sune (The grandmomma of the Newtype Ghost cliche) @ 4:51. That's all I really cared to spot with the cameos though. I knew this episode was littered with them, a lot I didn't know & some I did know.

It was a very nice unwinding episode overall. I really liked the lighthearted mood it had, it brought a breath of fresh air after that intense episode we had last week.

Sei's control ability greatly improved. To think the day would come where he'd actually trade blows with Reiji on equal footing & actually stand a chance. That's great character development right there.

Takeshi finally made it to see Sei's final battle at the tournament. Yuuki getting to enjoy the festival as himself & not as the Meijin. Kirara even getting to unwind & spend some time with Felini. Mao finally cheering up & even reconciling with Misaki in the process. Nils being sneaky as usual. At least he's got Caroline to keep him company. But that ending though, I wonder what happened to them? It looks serious.

Dem upgrades though. Mao's now using a Crossbone Gundam, Aila's built herself the Miss Sazabi & Felini's Wing Gundam Fenice Rinascita.

Finally!!! Dark Matter debuts next episode & from the looks of things, it was raping in that fight. Here's to hoping Yuuki takes the gold.

Overall, I really liked this episode & it really was nice seeing everyone just relax & enjoy themselves after all the hell they've been through. The only person who didn't have fun this episode was Nils & that's because he was busy snooping around. 9/10.
Old 2014-03-17, 15:21   Link #84
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesman View Post
Spoiler:

LOL Build Knuckle. Looks like it'll end that way.
Yeah... I'm rooting for the bad guys next episode.

Trans-Am FTW!
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-17, 15:47   Link #85
Death Usagi
Death by Re

I hope this happens:

Reiji/Sei and Mejin battle, but Meijin is not his usual self, probably because of those sunglasses. They are able to get him back to normal, then afterwards they battle, but Reiji/Sei still lose

I don't want Reiji/Sei winning since other than winning, they don't really have much other goals. Meijin Kawaguchi/Yuuki Tatsuya however has other goals in mind by becoming the Meijin, which is to spread the fun of Gunpla building and battling.

In terms of significance of their goals, Tatsuya has way more than Reiji and Sei.

Actually, I wish they just tied if possible...

I wonder if Exia Dark Matter keeps his Greenish particles from the original GN Drive or if it got swapped to Red particles like the pseudo GN-Drives.
Old 2014-03-17, 15:58   Link #86
lordblazer
Radical Dreamer

Did anyone catch that Gundam 0080 cameo in this episode?
lordblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-17, 16:14   Link #87
Kamui04

And if the already mentioned/IDed cameos weren't enough.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-17, 16:16   Link #88
hai_san

Awesome built up ep for the grand finale... can't hype it better than that.

As said it was a gundam festival, with many cameos, i spotted Char+Lalah on first watch, didnt catch all the rest.

Last edited by hai_san; 2014-03-17 at 16:47.
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-17, 16:20   Link #89
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordblazer View Post
Did anyone catch that Gundam 0080 cameo in this episode?
I did. I was ecstatic to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui04 View Post
And if the already mentioned/IDed cameos weren't enough.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Can someone translate the names? Though I was able to make out Yzak and Dearka. Also is that Benagher and Audrey near the left Zaku foot?
Old 2014-03-17, 16:31   Link #90
Kamui04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
I did. I was ecstatic to see it.

Can someone translate the names? Though I was able to make out Yzak and Dearka. Also is that Benagher and Audrey near the left Zaku foot?
Translated list taken from 4ch. It was missing a few names but I filled them in and fixed others.

Spoiler:
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-17, 16:52   Link #91
hai_san

Somehow with so many great gunplas i wish for another battle royale... when all the good guys together figth of the evil big boss...
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-17, 16:57   Link #92
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui04 View Post
Translated list taken from 4ch. It was missing a few names but I filled them in and fixed others.

Spoiler:
Thank you!
Old 2014-03-17, 16:58   Link #93
Death Usagi
Death by Re

Too many cameos in this episode that I can't find all of them D:...
Old 2014-03-17, 17:39   Link #94
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

Your mom still has her head attached to her body good for you Uso! Loved the cameos, didn't like Turn X losing... at all. What a waste of awesome MS.
Old 2014-03-17, 18:20   Link #95
Juke16

Four and Rosamia from Zeta Gundam also appear in a scene other than the two life sized MS I think.

Anyone know if that kid on the Gundam head beside Haman Khan was Elpeo Ple or not?
Juke16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-17, 18:53   Link #96
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juke16 View Post
Anyone know if that kid on the Gundam head beside Haman Khan was Elpeo Ple or not?
Mineva(aka. Audrey)

Uso and Haman looks spot on from their series counterpart, like they were just transported there.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-17, 19:00   Link #97
Juke16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Mineva(aka. Audrey)

Uso and Haman looks spot on from their series counterpart, like they were just transported there.
That's one thing I noticed, for some characters, they were drawn spot on, for other characters, they looked very sketchy compared to what they should look like.
Juke16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-17, 19:00   Link #98
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix6000 View Post
No matter what happens, Samurai Boy will protect his new fiance.
They will be married and have couple of kids before you know it
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-17, 19:09   Link #99
Raso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juke16 View Post
That's one thing I noticed, for some characters, they were drawn spot on, for other characters, they looked very sketchy compared to what they should look like.
Some old art styles do clash with BF's resulting in some differences, Especially the 'Bishonen' art styles of Wing, 00 and maybe SEED. The Gundam/Z/ZZ era stuff though is pretty spot on.
Raso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-17, 19:24   Link #100
kuroihikari2

I'm betting the reason why Mao built a Crossbone is the same reason why he was crying over Misaka for so long: He can't let go of failure easily. He built a Gundam that's "better" than F91.

Also, how does Trans-Am work in water?
kuroihikari2 is offline   Reply With Quote