AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-10-28, 11:25   Link #541
Sobresaliente
DOMO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ohio
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Sobresaliente Send a message via MSN to Sobresaliente
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
The only problem with a main story season is that it would have to cover five novels worth of material to catch up. The first season only covered three, and it left a fair bit out.

On the whole, I'd happier with a season that split the difference, say covering DVMC and the Fumoffu style side stories, since its the last of the more light hearted novels, -then- start in on the final arc in the (hopefully upcoming) series after this one.
they will have to split them up unless they want a 50+ episode season which i would have no problem with but you know that they would most likely not do this because they would not have time to work on other series. this long season would take up alot of time while they could be doing new animes.

they plan of action will most likely be one series, then work on other projects, we will be having this same discussion in about a year and a half LOL and then the final series.

and as for a "fumoffu" type series, i dont think they should make one now or one after the main plot is done. if they do it after the final series, in my personal opinion ,i think it would destroy the moood set after all the serious plot.

funny is good but one FUMOFFU was enough, we need serious romance action RIGHT NOW!!!!!
Sobresaliente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 15:17   Link #542
Meatrose
Antihero
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Area 11
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobresaliente View Post
they will have to split them up unless they want a 50+ episode season which i would have no problem with but you know that they would most likely not do this because they would not have time to work on other series. this long season would take up alot of time while they could be doing new animes.

they plan of action will most likely be one series, then work on other projects, we will be having this same discussion in about a year and a half LOL and then the final series.

and as for a "fumoffu" type series, i dont think they should make one now or one after the main plot is done. if they do it after the final series, in my personal opinion ,i think it would destroy the moood set after all the serious plot.

funny is good but one FUMOFFU was enough, we need serious romance action RIGHT NOW!!!!!

Well, I wouldn't say that they would need to do a 50+ episode season in order to wrap it up. FMP! covered the first three novels in 17 episodes, not 24. Episodes 9, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 and 19 didn't cover any material from the main plot novels. The TSR-situation is somewhat similar. It covered the next two novels in 9 episodes (TSR 5-13). This means that the first five novels gave birth to 17 + 9 = 26 episodes. The same amount of novels remains.

IMO, they would probably be able to finish it off in one go. Perhaps DVMC could be released as a movie or a three-parter (or something like that) ahead of all this in order to make people realize that "damn... furumeta is still alive". That way they would also be able to insert a small amount of side story elements into the final season. Either that or simply invest some extra time in the more important parts of the novels.

Edit: Well, let's just hope that there even will be a continuation of the FMP anime. I actually kinda doubt it, but that's just my gut-feeling talking.
__________________
Meatrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 09:51   Link #543
oompa loompa
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 28 37', North ; 77 13', East
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatrose View Post
Well, let's just hope that there even will be a continuation of the FMP anime. I actually kinda doubt it, but that's just my gut-feeling talking.
i hear ya.. weve all gotten really sure that theres gonna be one with no real reaosn though i really hope there will be
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 14:50   Link #544
Sobresaliente
DOMO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ohio
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Sobresaliente Send a message via MSN to Sobresaliente
well i understand how ya guys feel but i really dont think they will just drop fmp, it was a great series and got enough attention to continue and it still does, they just need to stop farting around.

and as for incorporating the novel, i hear what you are saying Meatrose, but do you honestly think that they can do a PHENOMENAL job on the new series with only 20-26 episodes? i don't know if they can. because you have read the novels and seen the anime, i'm would like to ask you whether they did a good job in keeping true to the novel and not skipping too much.

i just don't want them to half ass the ending of this series
Sobresaliente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 15:25   Link #545
Miles Teg
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Le Mans, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobresaliente View Post
and as for incorporating the novel, i hear what you are saying Meatrose, but do you honestly think that they can do a PHENOMENAL job on the new series with only 20-26 episodes? i don't know if they can. because you have read the novels and seen the anime, i'm would like to ask you whether they did a good job in keeping true to the novel and not skipping too much.

i just don't want them to half ass the ending of this series
For FMP! TSR the full story from the novel is in the anime, the things that have been omitted or changed are of no importance (and everything has been approved by the author of the novel).

I have just finished reading the first novel and watching the adaptation done by Gonzo and I think that they could have done the job in only 6 episodes instead of 8.

COMO, BOMF, MMD and probably the next novel could be seen has one novel, so that make the adaptation work way easier you don't have to think of a way to "link" the different stories like in FMP! and FMP! TSR.

The true problem is DVMC I think that this would be better to not animate this novel or to animate it when doing a Fumoffu 2 or something like that.
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 18:31   Link #546
Sobresaliente
DOMO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ohio
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Sobresaliente Send a message via MSN to Sobresaliente
ic ic but will they waste their time with a FUMOFFU 2??? as it sounds on this forum, many of us want bulk story not filler funny.. i would think many others like us feel this way?

if they did that, would they pump out a FUMOFFU first then the final season?
Sobresaliente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 00:21   Link #547
Raykun
Protect my imouto ~
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
They might would since the last novel is not out yet and thiers like so much short stories and I want to see em since they're are funny
__________________
Raykun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 17:48   Link #548
Corn
Gotta kill 'em all!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Denmark
I just saw all the shows. It just got better and better. FMP was good. But Fumoffu was much better both in animation and humor, and then TSR was like the first season and Fumoffu mixed in one = complete awesomeness!

Very impressed. I sad in my bed hiding under my pillows everytime Sagara and Kaname was about to kiss. Particularly in the episode in TSR where she cuts Sagaras hair. God she is so ultra cute. Very nice facial animation.
This is the first romance anime(or anime with romance in it) that I have ever seen.

I really liked how Sagara was cool, and strong.. that he was so strong that it made him handicapped in other areas. Still there was a great chemestry between the two leads. I love it.

I pray for more FMP!!! Very nice. I only disconnected myself from this series because I dont like Mecha. I didnt know that this show had so much else to offer!
Corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-07, 11:52   Link #549
Sobresaliente
DOMO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ohio
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Sobresaliente Send a message via MSN to Sobresaliente
this show offers everything, to me it is the best anime created. unfortunately the wait is literally killing me physically and mentally LOL
Sobresaliente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 00:35   Link #550
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Thinking back makes you really want another season. AN odd thing that I saw the Second Raid before anything else. Admitting of course there were times I wasn't quite sure what was going on. But be damned if I was going to let that stop me. Going back later to catch the first season and FUMOFFU.

Can only hope they will release another one since it was an excellent show with good characters. Guess all there is to do is wait.
__________________
FlareKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 22:39   Link #551
CrisisDarkerXIV
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
There probably will be another season.
Though I am hoping it would be a sequel to TSR; another Fumoffu wouldn't hurt.

I want to know who Wraith is. It wouldn't really make sense just to introduce a character, and assign her a actual voice actress if she won't play anything.
CrisisDarkerXIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 13:35   Link #552
iamandragon
Martian diplomat
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mars
Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisisDarkerXIV View Post
There probably will be another season.
Though I am hoping it would be a sequel to TSR; another Fumoffu wouldn't hurt.

I want to know who Wraith is. It wouldn't really make sense just to introduce a character, and assign her a actual voice actress if she won't play anything.
Don't you see wraith in the final episode? She's the one who took Chidori to Souske!
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 16:40   Link #553
Miles Teg
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Le Mans, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon View Post
Don't you see wraith in the final episode? She's the one who took Chidori to Souske!
She is present in all the novel after TSR. So if a third season is produced Wraith will be here and without any disguise this time
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 21:10   Link #554
mcruz1014
Eye Have You
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Send a message via Yahoo to mcruz1014
A lot of talk has been going on about the possibility of what a possible next season would cover. Personally I think that a second series on the side stories (i.e. Fumoffu 2) would be highly impractical, and it wouldn't make sense. If KyoAni (or any other studio for that matter) was planning on putting out another Fumoffu style series, there is already sufficient material to animate. The long wait since The Second Raid would have been pointless in this case, and IMO a "Fumoffu 2" is even less likely than a complete drop of FMP!. I still believe that KyoAni is waiting for Gatoh to finish the last novel, after which they will announce another season of FMP!, based on the main storyline. I know that there's little reason to believe in any of that besides my logical deductions, and I also have lost hope for another season at times, but KyoAni has not forgotten about Full Metal Panic! (see Lucky Star), and I believe that they know that there are still plenty of fans anxiously awaiting their next move regarding FMP!. The fact that this entire section on FMP! is still up after the show's three year hiatus is a testament to that. The best way to ensure another season of this great show would be to stay active on these types of forums and keep the show relevant!

KEEP HOPE ALIVE!!!!!
__________________

Currently Watching: Da Capo II Second Season, Kure-nai, Macross Frontier, Code Geass, Nijuuu Mensou no Musume
mcruz1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 03:01   Link #555
Kesshin-Hakari
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
You know what youre all forgetting?

the fact that Yui sisters eradicated a BIG portion of Amalgam's primary arsenal on their way out,

and with the destruction of 4 Chodar-I units along with Gates' Chodar



I think Amalgam deserves some time off to recover from their catastrophic loss of supply and let Sousuke and Kaname just build on their feelings for each other like in FUMOFFU.

Not that we need another FUMOFFU, but we could use a good set of light hearted side story episodes to lighten up the mood and take our minds off of the chaos. Besides, am i the only one who thinks this way?

and for the record, to capture both "super-segments" of DVMC, where 75% would revolve around the cruise, and the other 25% on rescuing Tessa from the supercraft(forget what it was exactly).
So, a movie? NO, unless youre planning on a 3 or 4 part(1hr each) set-up. There is just too much at stake to just blow past this, especially the hand 2 hand fights with all those Alastors on board! Not to mention the interesting characters we get to meet!

So in closing, a light hearted Side Story focus would do some good, otherwise we will be asking ourselves WHERE THE HELL did Amalgam get all this firepower from all of a sudden or something like that. PRAY FOR KYO-ANI'S CONTINUED EXCELLENCE!
Kesshin-Hakari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 03:42   Link #556
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesshin-Hakari View Post
So in closing, a light hearted Side Story focus would do some good, otherwise we will be asking ourselves WHERE THE HELL did Amalgam get all this firepower from all of a sudden or something like that.
Oh please don't even go there. I might also ask where the hell Mythril got all that firepower from. No amount of mercenary work could possibly pay for that huge submarine and all their other goodies. It's pretty clear they've got their own weapon factories where they can produce armslaves that exist nowhere else in the world. That's seriously expensive. Mythril's funding is provided by a council whose true motives we know little about and whose source of wealth is similarly mysterious. It is pretty safe to say that Amalgam also has some secret source of funding and manufacturing. Amalgam is no more improbable than Mythril.

Perhaps there is some logic to this which is simply not yet explained. While waiting for an explanation it might indeed be good to get some silly slapstick to help keep us from thinking about how improbable the entire series really is.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 06:11   Link #557
Miles Teg
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Le Mans, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesshin-Hakari View Post
You know what youre all forgetting?
the fact that Yui sisters eradicated a BIG portion of Amalgam's primary arsenal on their way out,
and with the destruction of 4 Chodar-I units along with Gates' Chodar
That was nothing for Amalgam, they have lost some unit and that all, they still have some Behemoth, a lot of chodar-m (the chodar-i is the one used by Gates), a bunch of Alastor and some Leviathan (and some new AS).

Mithril has spend a lot on the TDD-1 and Amalgam has done the same but on the production of AS.

Don't forget that Amalgam has financial backing from the USSR (east block), and Mithril from the west block.
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 15:11   Link #558
Kesshin-Hakari
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
That was nothing for Amalgam, they have lost some unit and that all, they still have some Behemoth, a lot of chodar-m (the chodar-i is the one used by Gates), a bunch of Alastor and some Leviathan (and some new AS).

Mithril has spend a lot on the TDD-1 and Amalgam has done the same but on the production of AS.

Don't forget that Amalgam has financial backing from the USSR (east block), and Mithril from the west block.
would there be any surprise to the possibility of full scale lambda Driver wars at some point?
Kesshin-Hakari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 16:21   Link #559
Miles Teg
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Le Mans, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesshin-Hakari View Post
would there be any surprise to the possibility of full scale lambda Driver wars at some point?
Amalgam LD need someone who has received special training and in fact most of the users needs drug to be able to use it (see A-21 incident to see the effect of the drug).

For Mithril LD it's worst, they can't even reproduce the only one they have because the ARX LD is a black box and AL refuse access to everyone. Plus the first pilot to activate the LD will be the only one able to use it. If the pilot is ill or dead the AS is no better than a "normal" AS.

In the future of the FMP universe why not but not right now, I don't think this is a possibility there is way to much problem for each alternative to mass-produce unit with LD.
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 17:08   Link #560
Kesshin-Hakari
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
Amalgam LD need someone who has received special training and in fact most of the users needs drug to be able to use it (see A-21 incident to see the effect of the drug).

For Mithril LD it's worst, they can't even reproduce the only one they have because the ARX LD is a black box and AL refuse access to everyone. Plus the first pilot to activate the LD will be the only one able to use it. If the pilot is ill or dead the AS is no better than a "normal" AS.

In the future of the FMP universe why not but not right now, I don't think this is a possibility there is way to much problem for each alternative to mass-produce unit with LD.
what I want to know is who's building Amalgam's Lambda Drivers,
and as well as the big wigs in Amalgam.
Kesshin-Hakari is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
new series when?

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.