AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-07-29, 00:57   Link #761
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Why should you care?
Age: 25
I will be really glad to pay for the DVD's or the novels or the manga series. If it's necesseary I'd even pay double! But in my country no one seems to be interested in distributing anything related to FMP, and buying overseas is quite a lot of money, much more than the double I'm willing to pay. So all I can say is... good luck to all US and japanese FMP fans who are able to buy the DVDs

F*** MY COUNTRY!
__________________
Even with the highest hopes...
Even with the greatest dreams...
There's no use, if your wings can't fly...
Deadwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 01:08   Link #762
Solidus1321
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 25
Send a message via Yahoo to Solidus1321
I just finished watching the whole series. It was great I loved the charaters and the action/humor it had. I did watch it out of order I think, FMP 1- FMP TSR- Fumoffu, But it didn't really mess it up. I would love to see another season of this anime it never really seemed like the ending was a good one to finish a anime on, So I think there will be another one unless they just put it to rest like what happen to another fav of mine Vandread.
Solidus1321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 18:04   Link #763
Garetjx
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus1321 View Post
I would love to see another season of this anime it never really seemed like the ending was a good one to finish a anime on,
My feelings exactly. I find it hard to believe that the series made such terrible sales, but then again its not as if it were a male fantasy (like other animes) or overstuffed with romance and incredible cliche (like other animes) and there isn't exactly "kawaiiness" here either so the things that make it awesome and separate it from the rest are what make it unpopular? lol?
Garetjx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 19:47   Link #764
Irondragon
Paladin
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In the name of the Emperor!!!
I think it was one of the best anime I have seen till now HOW could this ever be "an unpopular anime"? There is lot of other junk out there and FMP can't be counted in!! FUMMOFU was the funiest I have ever seen! I almost died watching it. So I am stil waiting for the next season...
Irondragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 15:25   Link #765
LeoXiao
提倡自我工業化
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vereinigte Staaten
Age: 22
Hmm... Maybe I should buy it and delete my fansubs.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 02:22   Link #766
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Orange County
I just read a FMP Sigma (Manga) from volume 1-6, there are some minor difference but I believe it's generally the same.

*Can't read all these thread and post, but would the obstacle to another season be poor TV ratings? It seems like there are enough material for at least 12 or 13 episodes.
JackRydden224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 03:30   Link #767
Chidori<3
Hei x Yin
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Poland - Goleniów
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garetjx View Post
hey yeah i just read this whole forum tonight and i joined animesuki immediately after reading it lol. im not a huge anime fan, but i was hooked on FMP from the very first day i read the first manga in 5th grade. Now, 6 years, 10 purchased mangas and 15 purchased DVD's later im a huge fan. Recently i just finished watching TSR again and i was like, "no, no FMP can't be over. This series kicks total ass and it must go on!!!" so ive been trawling the internet for hours looking for news. Found out about the light novels in english and jumped for joy (after ordering all of them online lol). So now i want to draw attention back to that post in the way back about how KyotoAni might consider FMP continued if they got a lot of e-mails from ppl showing a popular fanbase. Can we get that e-mail address? FMP is sweet, end of story and it should be continued. what can fans do about it?
adress e-mail : sr@kyotoanimation.co.jp

Title : Full Mteal Panic
__________________
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g264/ichigowife/Darker%20Than%20Black/2cghi89.png

Last edited by Chidori<3; 2008-07-31 at 03:32. Reason: .
Chidori<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 02:38   Link #768
Mugen26
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garetjx View Post
hey yeah i just read this whole forum tonight and i joined animesuki immediately after reading it lol. im not a huge anime fan, but i was hooked on FMP from the very first day i read the first manga in 5th grade. Now, 6 years, 10 purchased mangas and 15 purchased DVD's later im a huge fan. Recently i just finished watching TSR again and i was like, "no, no FMP can't be over. This series kicks total ass and it must go on!!!" so ive been trawling the internet for hours looking for news. Found out about the light novels in english and jumped for joy (after ordering all of them online lol). So now i want to draw attention back to that post in the way back about how KyotoAni might consider FMP continued if they got a lot of e-mails from ppl showing a popular fanbase. Can we get that e-mail address? FMP is sweet, end of story and it should be continued. what can fans do about it?
I'm also in a similar state when it comes to being new to the forum, but to be honest, i think i've been reading this FMP forum since probably last November and always thought about joining. Well I'm glad i decided to since just about everyone here is really knowledgeable of my favorite anime. I just don't know what held me back from joining earlier (laziness maybe), but that doesn't matter anymore.

It seems that with the popularity of many other KyoAni shows, the possibility of a new FMP series just keeps getting slimmer and slimmer. It's kinda hard to believe that FMP just cant fit in with the mainstream audience. To me it feels as if it has a much bigger foreign fan base than it does in its home country, judging from the DVD sales at least. I realize that the Japanese have a different view of popular shows as opposed to American or European countries, but FMP always seemed to be a giant mix of genres that could draw in just about any kind of audience.

Does anyone know particularly why it hasn't sold as well in Japan?
Mugen26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 10:56   Link #769
Miles Teg
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Le Mans, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen26 View Post
Does anyone know particularly why it hasn't sold as well in Japan?
It's not that bad (better than Aquarion or GunXSword for example), but it simply can't compare with the other show done by KyoAni.

Plus with Code Geass, Macross Frontier and the second season of Gundam 00 in the work, it's probably not the right time to announce a new season of FMP! Waiting for the middle of 2009 with the announcement of the next(last) novel could be a better move
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 21:18   Link #770
Garetjx
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: United States
actually i agree, and plus if u look at FMP's history, the seasons have always been produced about a year or two apart and so if TSR ended near the end of 2007 (i think) then its likely (maybe even expected) they wont be doing anything until 2009 or maybe 2010 (though i hope it won't be that long ) but i still think FMP pwns other animes bc of its characters and plots

*on a side note, i recently watched the japanese version of the last ep of TSR and realized they did something different near the end when Sousuke
Spoiler:
, in the Japanese version they play the opening theme music but on my english DVD they play a pretty sweet orchestral battle music in the background instead. I think that sounded way better and more appropiate in the eng ver than what they did in the jap ver, never noticed it b4 though.

Last edited by Garetjx; 2008-08-01 at 21:30.
Garetjx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 23:07   Link #771
Kami
FMP fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Brazil, RJ
Send a message via MSN to Kami
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garetjx View Post
actually i agree, and plus if u look at FMP's history, the seasons have always been produced about a year or two apart and so if TSR ended near the end of 2007 (i think) then its likely (maybe even expected) they wont be doing anything until 2009 or maybe 2010 (though i hope it won't be that long ) but i still think FMP pwns other animes bc of its characters and plots
FMP TSR was released between July 13, 2005 till October 19, 2005. TSR OVA was released in May 26, 2006.

I still got hope that a new season will come up, but even if it don't, at less I will get satisfied with a proper novel end. That alone would make my day
Of course a tv series is welcome as well.
Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 13:49   Link #772
Garetjx
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: United States
my feelings exactly kami, i just want FMP to continue some way and not fade away into non-existence. every1 hopes for another season, but as long as the books are continued that's something
Garetjx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 19:28   Link #773
seb355
ay weiii
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Unites States
i just read in a website that Shoji Gatoh wrote in his blog that the next novel to come out will be the climax of the series (im thinking maybe the last one and the anime can be started) so we should see something next year or 2010
seb355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 17:04   Link #774
Subzero00
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by seb355 View Post
i just read in a website that Shoji Gatoh wrote in his blog that the next novel to come out will be the climax of the series (im thinking maybe the last one and the anime can be started) so we should see something next year or 2010
How likely do think it is that we will see a new fmp by 2010
Subzero00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 21:03   Link #775
seb355
ay weiii
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Unites States
probably a small chance but im still hoping : ]
seb355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 21:08   Link #776
Sobresaliente
DOMO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ohio
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Sobresaliente Send a message via MSN to Sobresaliente
Quote:
Originally Posted by seb355 View Post
i just read in a website that Shoji Gatoh wrote in his blog that the next novel to come out will be the climax of the series (im thinking maybe the last one and the anime can be started) so we should see something next year or 2010
this is good to hear, hopefully along with this climax he does the final breakdown as well, so then it reaches it's max then wraps itself up with a nice touching ending *smiles*

all i got to say is this better not end with one of those kinda explained but kinda open endings, i better get fecking spoon fed everything so I KNOW IT IS OVER AND DONE WITH!!!!

and like i said earlier, i would bet ANYTHING, yes i said it ANYTHING, that a new series WILL be out NO later than 2010
Sobresaliente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 21:49   Link #777
Lord Bane
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
With FMP nearing what seems to be its end, perhaps KyoAni is waiting until the final novel releases to create another season (If it happens at all.) With the novels being finished, it might be easier for them to pick and choose what events they can omit or alter.

But still, as much as I want it, I don't think we can hope for another season for another one or two years. In all honesty, it might be wise to wait for the Haruhi hype to die down. I know that if they released to close to one another, I would be torn in two having to choose.

It just seems to me that there were too many questions left unanswered in TSR. The lack of information about the Whispered, the rather sudden appearance of Leonard, and a number of other things just seem to be left. I have yet to read the novels, but it seems like
Lord Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 23:59   Link #778
seb355
ay weiii
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Unites States
agree with Sobresaliente they better answer all the damn unanswered questions i just HATE unanswered, open endings
seb355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 02:53   Link #779
Sobresaliente
DOMO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ohio
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Sobresaliente Send a message via MSN to Sobresaliente
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post
With FMP nearing what seems to be its end, perhaps KyoAni is waiting until the final novel releases to create another season (If it happens at all.) With the novels being finished, it might be easier for them to pick and choose what events they can omit or alter.

But still, as much as I want it, I don't think we can hope for another season for another one or two years. In all honesty, it might be wise to wait for the Haruhi hype to die down. I know that if they released to close to one another, I would be torn in two having to choose.

It just seems to me that there were too many questions left unanswered in TSR. The lack of information about the Whispered, the rather sudden appearance of Leonard, and a number of other things just seem to be left. I have yet to read the novels, but it seems like
this is very true, the ***** haruhi (lol i love her) is taking the spotlight. they WILL wait for that to end then bust out another bullshit anime then fmp, so 2010 to me is a good year for fmp.

they WILL NOT end it with TSR leaving leonard to be a what if nor will they end it with a non confessing of love between sousuke and kaname, so this whole no ending GET IT OUT OF UR HEADS IT WILL END EVENTUALLY.
Sobresaliente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 06:22   Link #780
Lord Bane
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Thats more or less the way I see it.
Lord Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
new series when?

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.