AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Old 2008-08-13, 14:37   Link #781
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post
It just seems to me that there were too many questions left unanswered in TSR. The lack of information about the Whispered, the rather sudden appearance of Leonard, and a number of other things just seem to be left. I have yet to read the novels, but it seems like
If they animate a new series and If they follow the novels then all the questions will be answered. After Semaru Nick of Time (the latest novel released) the numbers of unanswered question is really low (I am not even able to fond one ) Everything is ready for the final battle.
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 15:19   Link #782
Sobresaliente
DOMO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Send a message via AIM to Sobresaliente Send a message via MSN to Sobresaliente
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
If they animate a new series and If they follow the novels then all the questions will be answered. After Semaru Nick of Time (the latest novel released) the numbers of unanswered question is really low (I am not even able to fond one ) Everything is ready for the final battle.
get that IF out of there cuz they WILL finish FMP! lol but yeah that is good to hear for sure
Sobresaliente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 15:57   Link #783
Lord Bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobresaliente View Post
get that IF out of there cuz they WILL finish FMP! lol but yeah that is good to hear for sure
I appreciate your enthusiasm.
Lord Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 16:40   Link #784
LeoXiao
提倡自我工業化

Does it commonly happen that unfinished anime projects are abandoned? If not, we can expect FMP to be finished sometime, since there were a good amount of characters that got introduced who weren't too well brought out, like wraith and leonard.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 17:11   Link #785
Lord Bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Does it commonly happen that unfinished anime projects are abandoned? If not, we can expect FMP to be finished sometime, since there were a good amount of characters that got introduced who weren't too well brought out, like wraith and leonard.
Rarely, it seems, is an anime series ever completely dropped. Especially when it ended like that. In the case of an anime like Inuyasha, the series dropped off because they didn't want to catch up with the manga. I do recall there being talk about that continuing not too long ago. I think this might be the same way, I don't expect them to end an anime like that unless it would be totally unprofitable.
Old 2008-08-13, 19:24   Link #786
Sobresaliente
DOMO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post
Rarely, it seems, is an anime series ever completely dropped. Especially when it ended like that. In the case of an anime like Inuyasha, the series dropped off because they didn't want to catch up with the manga. I do recall there being talk about that continuing not too long ago. I think this might be the same way, I don't expect them to end an anime like that unless it would be totally unprofitable.

and fmp, although not a huge seller, is not unprofitable... all that needs to be done is strategic placement on it's release and a decent amount of buildup... its not like it is an unknown series by any means.
Old 2008-08-14, 17:57   Link #787
dpryciak

Send a message via MSN to dpryciak Send a message via Yahoo to dpryciak
I think they'll just forget about this series.

Then again, however...they did bring back Slayers...so...who knows? After eleven years, we, too might see something
dpryciak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 19:08   Link #788
Lord Bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpryciak View Post
I think they'll just forget about this series.

Then again, however...they did bring back Slayers...so...who knows? After eleven years, we, too might see something
Heh, maybe we'll have to wait until they need some extra money in their pocket. In actuality though, Its only been three years, which I deem as not so bad.
Old 2008-08-14, 21:40   Link #789
LeoXiao
提倡自我工業化

is the anime industry getting stronger? if so, we ca expect that FMP will be completed sometime.
Old 2008-08-15, 15:37   Link #790
Lord Bane

Quote:
is the anime industry getting stronger? if so, we ca expect that FMP will be completed sometime.
The anime industry has been booming for the last twenty years and doesn't show any signs of slowing. It's more popular now than it's ever been.
Old 2008-08-16, 02:08   Link #791
Ithekro
The Comet is Coming

If the comedy/mech fighting (serious story) stays true as it has so far, and KyoAni does it...it will sell.

If Gonzo gets its hands on it again....it will probably still sell.

If Sunrise gets it somehow....we are doomed.
Old 2008-08-16, 10:50   Link #792
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
If the comedy/mech fighting (serious story) stays true as it has so far, and KyoAni does it...it will sell.
I don't know exactly what everybody want in the next installment of FMP, but I want to warn all of you about one thing. The moment they start to animate COMO (novel n7 of the main story line) the comedy part will be nearly non-existent, with no possibility to go back to the fumoffu part of the story.
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 12:55   Link #793
Sobresaliente
DOMO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
I don't know exactly what everybody want in the next installment of FMP, but I want to warn all of you about one thing. The moment they start to animate COMO (novel n7 of the main story line) the comedy part will be nearly non-existent, with no possibility to go back to the fumoffu part of the story.
that is the best news i could hear... lets face it all u fumoffu lovers, there should be no more of that. it was great, good placement in between the first and second seasons but lets all get real.... it is only going to get serious (it does in novel) and the fact it is going to be almost 100% business makes me even more anxious for the new series. the comedy is good but now it is time for the game face.
Old 2008-08-16, 13:51   Link #794
LeoXiao
提倡自我工業化

If they can make the rest like TSR then I'm satisfied.
Old 2008-08-16, 16:25   Link #795
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Quote:
You're right, but I don't think whatever studio takes FMP will completly elimante the comedy since, IMO, it will devastate many of the fans.
The way I see it, they can't animate the rest of the story (from DVMC to whichever be the last) in only one season, so in the middle they could do one or two OVAs covering a few short stories, fumoffu style. Of course, that's almost like asking three new seasons of FMP... very improbable at the moment
Deadwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 21:14   Link #796
Sobresaliente
DOMO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

well the OVA was a fumoffu only tessa oriented imo... but deadwing is right, three new seasons IS improbable

and a topic that is reoccurring is the idea of studio production.. i don't see why kyoani would give it up even if they have to do other series. if i remember correctly wasn't Gatoh a kyoani man saying he wanted them to do it?
Old 2008-08-16, 22:15   Link #797
LeoXiao
提倡自我工業化

Quote:
The anime industry has been booming for the last twenty years and doesn't show any signs of slowing. It's more popular now than it's ever been.
We may see another three seasons of FMP to finish it off in that case. Given the amount of novel not covered (including side stories for a second fumoffu), they would need about three 26-episode seasons to make it work.
Old 2008-08-16, 22:45   Link #798
Lord Bane

Plenty of time. . .
Old 2008-08-16, 23:06   Link #799
Sobresaliente
DOMO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

plenty of time my arse LOL i want instant gratification
Old 2008-09-01, 07:07   Link #800
Heliopolis
hodie mihi, cras tibi

Smile

Quote:
We may see another three seasons of FMP to finish it off in that case. Given the amount of novel not covered (including side stories for a second fumoffu), they would need about three 26-episode seasons to make it work.
Than the release of 50 episodes in two seasons (like code geass and gundam 00) would be a nice option
Heliopolis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
new series when?