AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Old 2008-10-06, 02:15   Link #861
Snipergod87

i've been trying to get my hands on the english translated books but the guy who has been translating them has stopped, I am stuck on FMP BOMF ch3 part a. Does anybody know if someone else has picked this up, and yes i am going to send some emails to KyoAnimation
Snipergod87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 04:23   Link #862
The Quack-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobresaliente View Post
i absolutely agree with this statement... if even a few people write to them but keep it a continuous flow that has to spark something no?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garetjx View Post
actually i agree deadwings, that would be the best i think (but ill take whatever they decide to do at this point lol) btw are ppl remembering to send e-mails to KyoAni?
lol I have been. I have been sending one each week thus far, whenever work permits.
I am not giving up hope, at least until there is some form of Official anouncement from KyoAni, Mr.Gatou himself or anyone for that matter, stating that there is not going to be another series.
Here is their web address again:

http://www.kyotoanimation.co.jp/data/e/mein/index.html

I agree that FMP is very much like 'Family Guy'. I have managed to 'convert' three other friends into thinking FMP is one of the best shows out there after convincing them to give it a go - sit down & watch it. They are all desperately after another season as well. One of them is a girl who has never watched anime in her life!!

Garetjx, let us know how your trip goes to Japan? Especially if you were able to light any proverbial fires under a certain animation studio.......
The Quack-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 17:37   Link #863
Subzero00

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Quack-man View Post
lol I have been. I have been sending one each week thus far, whenever work permits.
I am not giving up hope, at least until there is some form of Official anouncement from KyoAni, Mr.Gatou himself or anyone for that matter, stating that there is not going to be another series.
Here is their web address again:

http://www.kyotoanimation.co.jp/data/e/mein/index.html

I agree that FMP is very much like 'Family Guy'. I have managed to 'convert' three other friends into thinking FMP is one of the best shows out there after convincing them to give it a go - sit down & watch it. They are all desperately after another season as well. One of them is a girl who has never watched anime in her life!!

Garetjx, let us know how your trip goes to Japan? Especially if you were able to light any proverbial fires under a certain animation studio.......
thx i'll start mailing them
Subzero00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 17:45   Link #864
Subzero00

a friend of mine told me the following which i agree 100% with.

Too much time has passed since the last FMP anime, and too much potential is being wasted. I think producers made a bad play when they animated FMP, not because it was FMP, but because, first, Gonzo was never good with this type of anime in first place, so it was to expected to be a FAIL from them, second, KyoAni was just starting when they animated FMP, so it wasn't like it was going to be a big succes or anything. We were just unlucky that FMP was done by these two companies and that they dedicated almost no time to it. Probably with a bigger/better advertisement campaign FMP could have a huge increase in sells, I remember almost near to non publicity when the first two seasons came out.

In short, FMP was just at the wrong place (companie) and at the wrong time (conditions). If in 2010, a new announcement with a properly done advertisment campaign comes around, surely FMP will be the next big shot between animes.
Old 2008-10-06, 19:36   Link #865
masterwok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipergod87 View Post
i've been trying to get my hands on the english translated books but the guy who has been translating them has stopped, I am stuck on FMP BOMF ch3 part a. Does anybody know if someone else has picked this up, and yes i am going to send some emails to KyoAnimation
the reason he stopped bc the novels are licensed so you can buy the actual book and the forth one is coming out in december.
masterwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 22:37   Link #866
Garetjx

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterwok View Post
the reason he stopped bc the novels are licensed so you can buy the actual book and the forth one is coming out in december.
lol but if snipergod is on BOMF then hes going to have to wait a LONG time for the translated part that hes on to come out, look at the rate at which theyre translating them, what like 4 a year at best? and as a side note Tokyopop announed that so far theyre only going to translate the main storyline books into english and sell them on the american market which is fine by me bc those are the ones im primarily interested in.

Speaking of which, great job to all who r sending e-mails keep up the good work (unless they make a formal announcement that there won't be any more FMP or they (being KyoAni) don't say anything at all by 2010 (bc then I think its pretty sure that FMP will not be contined anime-wise). Ugh, I have quite a few friends that don't paticularaly love anime, but they think FMP is just plain awesome and they ask me every now and then when a continuing series is coming out and I have to shrug and say "keep your fingers crossed guys".
Garetjx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 06:46   Link #867
Mirae

I really hope there will be another FMP season. Was one of the first animes I ever watched and liked. =D
And dammit, I will not be satisfied until I see Sousuke and Kaname kiss or confess, g'damn! lol
Some more development about Tessa's brother would be nice also.
We can hope..
Mirae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 19:33   Link #868
Subzero00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirae View Post
I really hope there will be another FMP season. Was one of the first animes I ever watched and liked. =D
And dammit, I will not be satisfied until I see Sousuke and Kaname kiss or confess, g'damn! lol
Some more development about Tessa's brother would be nice also.
We can hope..
just keep emailing Kyoto Animation
Old 2008-10-12, 17:48   Link #869
kupalogz29

hey guys is there a upcoming season of FMP after FMP TSR
kupalogz29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 23:57   Link #870
masterwok

Quote:
Originally Posted by kupalogz29 View Post
hey guys is there a upcoming season of FMP after FMP TSR????
there has been no news about a 4th season of fmp, we are still waiting for them ot announce it
masterwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 04:21   Link #871
SkoolRumble4Ya

If FMP is gonna be out it has to be after Haruhi season 2 since that was announce awhile back but don't lost hope I'm pretty sure FMP is coming since they already hinted it.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 13:01   Link #872
kupalogz29

hi guys i have a question is there a season 3 of FMP???
Old 2008-10-13, 13:09   Link #873
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

Sigh.. you know, you could have looked through the thread, or this forum in general, and i'm sure you'd have found the answer several times.

No, there is no third season of FMP right now, and there won't be for a long time, if ever.
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 13:24   Link #874
kupalogz29

hehe it's a waste of time to read all of the threads but thx for your answer narzia.. ^_^
Old 2008-10-14, 17:11   Link #875
SkoolRumble4Ya

Is this the comic version of continue on my own?

http://translate.google.com/translat...Den%26hs%3DF3f
Old 2008-10-15, 12:40   Link #876
DarkHonour

I do hope for a new series. It's almost time.
DarkHonour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 19:32   Link #877
Darkoff
Nipaah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoolRumble4Ya View Post
If FMP is gonna be out it has to be after Haruhi season 2 since that was announce awhile back but don't lost hope I'm pretty sure FMP is coming since they already hinted it.
they hinted it? in lucky star or? i'd like to know
Old 2008-10-18, 00:58   Link #878
Eak
One angry cloud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoff View Post
they hinted it? in lucky star or? i'd like to know
I don't know where he is getting that hint from because there has been nothing even close to a new announcement/series/etc.

The most recent news was about the "final" novel.. but that's another thread.
Eak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 17:00   Link #879
SkoolRumble4Ya

They hinted it in Lucky Star but that's about it.
Old 2008-10-18, 22:35   Link #880
Garetjx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoolRumble4Ya View Post
They hinted it in Lucky Star but that's about it.
Where exactly? Like what episode? Because the show Lucky Star and the creator of FMP (Shouji Gatoh) have always been pretty close, but I don't know how far that relationship goes, for example if it were to go as to far as whether they would know anything about a new series...
Garetjx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
new series when?