AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Old 2010-01-31, 05:51   Link #1541
Kovikow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenit View Post
What if the final novel is already done in most parts and gatoh is just waiting for KyoAni to catch up with the animation to have the final Season and Novel (and Sigma Manga Volume) released at the same time?
That would be too good to be true. but i don't think that the animation could catch up with the novels so fast. If thats there plan, we could wait for both of them for another year or more.
Kovikow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 07:47   Link #1542
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenit View Post
and gatoh is just waiting for KyoAni to catch up with the animation to have the final Season and Novel (and Sigma Manga Volume) released at the same time?
Well, it'd be awesome if they actually pulled a Toradora! on us but I don't think we'll be that lucky. =)
Old 2010-01-31, 20:45   Link #1543
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
at the moment im not too fussed about it because at least i now know that the novel is almost finished and it will eventually be released sometime this year and when the novel is finally released the rest of the series will be made into an anime. i mean come on if bloody Inuyasha got a new series FMP definitely will.
Old 2010-01-31, 20:50   Link #1544
Dextro
He Without a Title

Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post
at the moment im not too fussed about it because at least i now know that the novel is almost finished and it will eventually be released sometime this year and when the novel is finally released the rest of the series will be made into an anime. i mean come on if bloody Inuyasha got a new series FMP definitely will.
I want to be optimistic like you about this, I really do but I don't think you can compare the popularity of Inuyasha to FMP!

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 02:21   Link #1545
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

im not talking about popularity im saying inuyasha to me is a terrible show compared to FMP
Old 2010-02-01, 05:17   Link #1546
Kovikow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post
im not talking about popularity im saying inuyasha to me is a terrible show compared to FMP
Well yeah, the length of the series counts much in popularity.
Kovikow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 21:34   Link #1547
Subzero00

Someone told me he went to mega con in orlando florida and got an autograph from Vic Micnogna, AKA the voice actor for kurz webber, he told me hes been put on notice for acting the voice for webber again, the newest season IS in production but its still in story board and begining phases of animation, so reolease is still up in the air, just thought all my fellow FMP fans should know....
Subzero00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 22:43   Link #1548
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzero00 View Post
Someone told me he went to mega con in orlando florida and got an autograph from Vic Micnogna, AKA the voice actor for kurz webber, he told me hes been put on notice for acting the voice for webber again, the newest season IS in production but its still in story board and begining phases of animation, so reolease is still up in the air, just thought all my fellow FMP fans should know....
How long ago was that? It's strange that an English VA would have that kind of inside information. Maybe he was referring to TSR as they were dubbing it and misunderstood?
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 17:13   Link #1549
Eak
One angry cloud.

I am doubting that an English VA knows any insider information like that. Highly unlikely
Eak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 21:39   Link #1550
Meatrose
Antihero

Yeah, an American voice actor who voiced a certain character in the North American releases of three licensed Full Metal Panic! series wouldn't be the first one in the world to bring us news of a brand new and unlicensed installment in a Japanese anime series that hasn't even been produced yet. We wouldn't hear it from a person who's not even close of being involved in the anime project, he's just dubbing a character for North American releases which is completely unrelated to the actual anime production and he only does so if/when the season gets licensed. That we would hear it from someone like him before we even hear a whisper from, let's say NewType, an anime news-delivering magazine that is owned and run by the very same company that controls anything and everything that is even related to the Full Metal Panic! anime franchise is more than just highly unlikely in my opinion, especially since the company in question is Kadokawa. Creating a huge buzz for their upcoming projects is their specialty. This is the company that "announced" the "second season" of Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu like four different times over the course of two years before anything actually happened.

Is this "someone" a person you actually know and trust or is it "some guy on the internet"?

Last edited by Meatrose; 2010-02-06 at 21:52.
Meatrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 11:38   Link #1551
Langus
Optimus Prime

To be fair, we have no idea who the VA might know in Japan. His information could be good despite the unlikely source.
Old 2010-02-11, 03:04   Link #1552
Full Metal Jackass
Most Senior Member

considering the VA is Vic Mignogna who has done a butt load of Anime including FMA (edward), Bleach, D-gray, Code Geass, peacemaker, and literally hundreds more I bet he has a few connections to inside info in the industry. I hope anyway
Full Metal Jackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 04:28   Link #1553
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

Haha, I read all of this just now and to call someone besides the poster before me a "Full Metal Jackass" might be in order.
Old 2010-02-13, 21:47   Link #1554
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
He's just the guy for the english dub...? It's most likely he misunderstood.
Old 2010-03-16, 13:01   Link #1555
Azel

Talking

I apologise if this is repeating something that has already been discussed, but I don't quite remember where I found the link to this picture.

Anyway! I wondered what this picture was from basically, what magazine did it come from (if at all) and what it is in reference to? It's clearly in the anime art style and shows Laevatein, Arbalest and what I presume to be Belial in the background.

(I put it under spoiler tags just for convenience...)

Spoiler:

If this was a "just for fun" kind of image it's a bit of a cruel joke for those desperate to see a new series! From this image though, it would suggest to me they are at least working on something.

What are others thoughts on this? Or promptly tell me to shut up for dragging up an old topic, that's cool too. lol!
Azel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-16, 13:38   Link #1556
Meatrose
Antihero

Here's the "original post" in which the picture was first posted here at AS.

And yeah, the art style is more or less exactly the same as in The Second Raid and if you look to the bottom left you can see a few copyright notices. The bottom one mentions "Full Metal Panic! Film Partners". It's illustrated by Ebikawa Kanetake who was responsible for "mechanical design" in both Full Metal Panic! and Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid. Ebikawa also designed the Laevatein back in 2006.
Old 2010-03-16, 14:03   Link #1557
Azel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatrose View Post
Here's the "original post" in which the picture was first posted here at AS.

And yeah, the art style is more or less exactly the same as in The Second Raid and if you look to the bottom left you can see a few copyright notices. The bottom one mentions "Full Metal Panic! Film Partners". It's illustrated by Ebikawa Kanetake who was responsible for "mechanical design" in both Full Metal Panic! and Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid. Ebikawa also designed the Laevatein back in 2006.
Ah yes, that's right. Thanks! I thought it had come from Animesuki but I wasn't entirely sure.
It does seem like something is going on that hasn't been announced yet which is pretty effing exciting. I've been a member of this forum for eons (join date 2004! Christ!) but I only really lurked and read the FMP forums hoping one day for news of a new anime series, and now it seems like there just might be more than blind hope - seems like there really is something going on finally!

I hope the reason they have held off all these years is because they want to do one final series to end FMP - i.e. the next anime series covers the rest of the story including the TBA final novel. That would be a pretty amazing action packed finale to this fantastic series.

It also leaves them the option of doing another Fumoffu-like series if it does well and rakes in the cash. To be honest, as fantastic as the novels have been, I am dying for DVMC to be animated! That novel is so action packed and so much character development happens - it'll be anime gold! <3
Azel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-16, 14:59   Link #1558
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Here's hoping to a new anime season.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-16, 20:57   Link #1559
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Here's hoping to a new anime season.
couldnt agree more.
Old 2010-03-25, 05:08   Link #1560
The Quack-man

Quote:
Bringing up a point on what Subby has reported above:
Mr.Micnogna visited Sydney last year as the main guest to 'Supernova' - basically Sydney's attempt at holding an anime convention - anyway, the "main event" was a subbed screening of the newly released 1st episode of FMA:Brotherhood with Vic presenting, then question-time & autographs.
One of the questions asked was - "which characters or series are you wanting to be involved in or play a part for". Here, Vic launched into a 5min. talk about which series' he had seen over past year or so that he either enjoyed and/or were in the process of being licenced & which characters he would like to try to audition for & give voice to - most of which I had not even heard off at the time - of course given the opportunity I would love to play Edward again for this latest series of FMA he finished.
Someone from the audience asked "what about Kurz Webber?" & Vic's reply - was that he had only recently been contracted for at least one series, extending to two if required. Seeing some audience members clearly over-joyed with that news he quickly added not to get too excited as roles get cancelled or delayed all the time.

Personally, I say that 'something' is being worked upon behind the scenes. All of these little tidbits of information keep consistently popping up now, more recently over the past 6months, coinciding with the new (last?) novel release.
It would not surprise me if some members of kyo-ani have actually already been working away for the last 6-8months on a new FMP project.
The Quack-man is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
new series when?