AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-05-26, 17:03   Link #81
mah_damey

omgomg someone tell me how to get past the third map in chptr 10 where u cant kill any of the guards. its the one where they completely surround the lil portal thing.
mah_damey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-01, 17:04   Link #82
JediNight
キズランダム

I haven't gotten there yet, but the Seville Tempete battle in Chapter9 was SUPER annoying. I had to try it 3 times before I finally beat it. My winning strategy was to begin the battle skirting the right edge of the map, working in 3 people per round so they avoid aggroing the monsters in the middle.

Once you have your people to the right edge of the map you will draw off a skeleton and one of the mage balls. Fight a careful war of attrition from the ledge, as the enemies besides the skeletons cannot jump onto the ledge. I killed one of original mage balls from the cliff and one that spawned later. The second original mage ball I took the brunt of his magic until he had no more MP then he sat there useless the rest of the battle.

Same goes with the main boss -- when you are out of his range he will waste MP casting ATK UP on monsters around him for a while, after he comes after you just wait for him to trap himself at the corner of the cliff ledge and waste all his MP doing Demon Fist on you. Once he is out of MP he sits there and is cake. Homard's Demon Slash does around 250dmg a pop, the twin attack of Prier/Eclair also does good dmg. Croix died for me before I could do dmg to the boss, but his Double shot attack does around 250-300dmg as well.

Just make sure that you have at least 1 primary healer character with you and 1 backup healer. (Culotte primary and Alouette backup for me) If you have a higher-level sleep or paralysis monster, using 1-2 of those can help if the sleep sticks on the mage balls.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-01, 17:58   Link #83
Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by mah_damey
omgomg someone tell me how to get past the third map in chptr 10 where u cant kill any of the guards. its the one where they completely surround the lil portal thing.
There is pleanty of help in the faqs www.gamefaqs.com

Move a lone guy to the diagonal of your base square so that he is in the corner of the map. The soldiers will do wierd things (the AI formations can be real funky) and on your next turn you should be able to get some decoys and a runner out from the blockade. If you botch it you can always retreat to the last map and come back to this one. Use status effects like the hippos or bats sleepy specials in order to cut down the number of guys you have to deal with. And remember if a gaurd takes too much damage, you can always heal him to stop him from dying.
Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-01, 21:51   Link #84
JediNight
キズランダム

I saw what map he was talking about and killed a guard with reflex attacks, so I just said screw it and settled for the Normal ending by killing the guards on that map.

I'm currently stuck though at the Mayonaise Harbor battle with Homard. The monster levels increased a TON in the last couple maps to the point that my main guys were like L18-24, while the henchman are L27 and boss L34 or something. So now I'm stuck saved before Mayonaise harbor and can't level Homard at all, so he's stuck at L19. I have Eclair, Culotte (USELESS! Is magic EVER worth using in the game? And that Kitty Kitty thing ... OMG worst waste of magic I've ever seen), and the Forest King baby leveling up right now so they can go purify some monsters in the Cave of Trials -- you can recruit monsters in that Cave right?

PS: Is Papillon worth level up? They give her to you at L1 and she seems to have insanely low hps -- and since magery seems to blow in the game other than for healing, I don't think I even want to bother with her.
Old 2004-06-02, 04:44   Link #85
xnightstryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight
I saw what map he was talking about and killed a guard with reflex attacks, so I just said screw it and settled for the Normal ending by killing the guards on that map.

I'm currently stuck though at the Mayonaise Harbor battle with Homard. The monster levels increased a TON in the last couple maps to the point that my main guys were like L18-24, while the henchman are L27 and boss L34 or something. So now I'm stuck saved before Mayonaise harbor and can't level Homard at all, so he's stuck at L19. I have Eclair, Culotte (USELESS! Is magic EVER worth using in the game? And that Kitty Kitty thing ... OMG worst waste of magic I've ever seen), and the Forest King baby leveling up right now so they can go purify some monsters in the Cave of Trials -- you can recruit monsters in that Cave right?

PS: Is Papillon worth level up? They give her to you at L1 and she seems to have insanely low hps -- and since magery seems to blow in the game other than for healing, I don't think I even want to bother with her.
umm yeah i was just readn through the thread and what you gotta do to get past mayonaise harbor is use the secret technique that Homard is over there bragging about...cant recall the name but it was burning something...well anyway, i thought La Pucelle was a fairly decent game...i beat it with Prier being at lvl 50 with 1200attack ... you guys have also got me interested in Disgaea...sounds interesting...well have fun doing whatever it is that you do
xnightstryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-02, 14:41   Link #86
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
I have Eclair, Culotte (USELESS! Is magic EVER worth using in the game? And that Kitty Kitty thing ... OMG worst waste of magic I've ever seen), and the Forest King baby leveling up right now so they can go purify some monsters in the Cave of Trials -- you can recruit monsters in that Cave right?

I haven't been using magic either, I love doing those combo attacks. ^^

I only taught my guys the essential magic like espoir, heal series and sleep. pretty much it, what I've been using entire game. ^^

But I read from other boards that Papilon is the next best mage after Cullote, because they can lvl up their magic faster than everyone. Also to make your magic stronger is by fusing a bunch of items like rods and build up the elements you want. ^^

I think the only good thing about magic, you won't miss and you can hit multiple targets. I love casting one Cure and hit 3-4 people with Cullote. ^^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-04, 04:17   Link #87
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
I only taught my guys the essential magic like espoir, heal series and sleep. pretty much it, what I've been using entire game. ^^

But I read from other boards that Papilon is the next best mage after Cullote, because they can lvl up their magic faster than everyone. Also to make your magic stronger is by fusing a bunch of items like rods and build up the elements you want. ^^

I think the only good thing about magic, you won't miss and you can hit multiple targets. I love casting one Cure and hit 3-4 people with Cullote. ^^
I'm a baka with that stuff actually. I got to the Angel Gate before I realized that your elemental level affected what spells you could learn. So I only ever used 4 at a time -- so I never saw the Mega spells or Espoir, Braveheart, Sleep, etc LOL...

The 3rd map in the Training Cave is so much fun btw! At first I saw the huge pack of 16 bats and thought it would be instant death, but I took in my guys at L40ish and destroyed them! I pulled 1 guy out and stood there for 2 turns to let the bats come near me in formation. Then I bum rushed out my mage chars: Alouette's Rain of Fire, Culotte had Saint, and Royal Lightning for Eclair. They were affecting 4-6 squares at a time, and since the bats were packed so closely it was a slaughter. Mop up with Prier, Homard, and Salade using specials -- everyone zoomed up 10 levels in like 1hr that way.

4th map is just evil though --- theres like 6 mage balls on the map that all have Omega spells and a bunch of boxes with like 1000+ def, atk, res LOL
Old 2004-06-04, 05:53   Link #88
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Lol those mages are the evil. ^^ They always target my weakest character too, like a bunch of them casting multiples omegas and killed my characters in 1 turn. My bears always become casualties like that, or Cullote and Papilon.

I think Espoir only need 4 light blue elements to learn. Healing rod already has 4 light blue elements. It saves of alot of trouble by teaching everyone espoir, to cure those anoying sleep status. ^^ While Sleep is 9 purple elements I think. It's really quite handy to have when you are trying to setup miracles.

I usually went to the first dungeon when I want them to learn new magic. Like I would make Croix stand stil while Prier casting sleep on him. ^^

Last edited by Secca; 2004-06-04 at 06:03.
Old 2004-06-05, 03:33   Link #89
JediNight
キズランダム

Unfortunately I'm past the part where I don't have Croix now =( So I'm debating whether to keep leveling my current game, or start over and do a more thorough job of things.

I managed to recruit 2 of the Omega Wind mage balls from Map4, so I'm going to see if maybe with them I can eliminate and/or recruit some of those Pandora boxes.
Old 2004-06-05, 11:03   Link #90
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
Quote:
Unfortunately I'm past the part where I don't have Croix now =( So I'm debating whether to keep leveling my current game, or start over and do a more thorough job of things.

I managed to recruit 2 of the Omega Wind mage balls from Map4, so I'm going to see if maybe with them I can eliminate and/or recruit some of those Pandora boxes.
Get to the last chapter and before you start any missions at all, start leveling up. You might not have Croix but you get people that are even better than him.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 16:31   Link #91
JediNight
キズランダム

I'm having a hard time figuring out what attacks of Prier are good. To me she comes out as the "average" character since Culotte is finally beginning to not suck as a mage. Eclair is either great offense or great defense depending on the Transform, Salade and Homard are good HPs and attackers, Alouette is your battle mage, and Papillon I haven't really leveled much to know or not.

Divine Storm seems to work decently for Prier, but all the rest of her attacks seem to do pitiful dmg even with similar ATK as Homard and Eclair. Her area attack skill only does like 180dmg for me compared to like 300-450 for the others.

PS: Got myself one of those L90 Pandora boxes with my guys at like L60ish hehe. I played again and had recruited one of the L85 mage balls that casts Omega Thunder, but then my power blinked out and PS2 was reset
Old 2004-06-07, 23:11   Link #92
mah_damey

Quote:
I'm having a hard time figuring out what attacks of Prier are good. To me she comes out as the "average" character since Culotte is finally beginning to not suck as a mage. Eclair is either great offense or great defense depending on the Transform, Salade and Homard are good HPs and attackers, Alouette is your battle mage, and Papillon I haven't really leveled much to know or not.

Divine Storm seems to work decently for Prier, but all the rest of her attacks seem to do pitiful dmg even with similar ATK as Homard and Eclair. Her area attack skill only does like 180dmg for me compared to like 300-450 for the others.

PS: Got myself one of those L90 Pandora boxes with my guys at like L60ish hehe. I played again and had recruited one of the L85 mage balls that casts Omega Thunder, but then my power blinked out and PS2 was reset
dude. prier. is the most hardcore fighter in the whole game. she is and always has been my hardest hitter n my saviour in all the maps. her area attack, if ur referring to batter up, does around 2500 on those boxes in CoT4 whereas everyone cept homard does crap dmg.
Old 2004-06-07, 23:26   Link #93
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
a question out of nowhere.
is this game as funny as disgaea?
better animation?
better story?
and in the end which is better?

because i beat Disgaea completely imma get this,
then phantom brave *drools* ......
sOnJoOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 23:32   Link #94
mah_damey

Quote:
Originally Posted by sOnJoOL
better animation?
better story?

no disgaea was like made for like.. pure humor.. la pucelle isnt laugh out loud funny.. its like light comedy.
i think the sprites were better animated than in disgaea.
yes the story in LP was better.
er.. depends on which ending you got in disgaea.
Old 2004-06-07, 23:42   Link #95
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
Quote:
no disgaea was like made for like.. pure humor.. la pucelle isnt laugh out loud funny.. its like light comedy.
i think the sprites were better animated than in disgaea.
yes the story in LP was better.
er.. depends on which ending you got in disgaea.
no i meant overall not the ending...
guess i have to make my self very clear
sOnJoOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 23:44   Link #96
mah_damey

Quote:
no i meant overall not the ending...
guess i have to make my self very clear
o oops i read it wrong. personaly i think la pucelle was a bit better, but most ppl seem to like disgaea better.
Old 2004-06-08, 04:02   Link #97
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
better animation?
better story?

I like Disgaea more (surprise!), but La Pucelle was fun, too. It's actually a prequel* and released before Disgaea in Japan, so the animation is understandably not as good but by no means noticeably inferior. La Pucelle's game system heavily resembles Disgaea (or more accurately it's the other way around), so it should be quite familar for you.

I never really thought that highly of Disgaea's story...I loved and enjoyed the sheer comedy and randomness of it. La Pucelle isn't an absolute comedy like Disgaea, but it is quite light-hearted overall. Prier, the main character, is like a cross between Rosette from Chrno Crusade and Lina Inverse from Slayers...and that's enough comedy to go around!

Overall I still prefer Disgaea, but La Pucelle isn't far behind.

*prequel - not a real word
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 07:56   Link #98
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
dude. prier. is the most hardcore fighter in the whole game. she is and always has been my hardest hitter n my saviour in all the maps. her area attack, if ur referring to batter up, does around 2500 on those boxes in CoT4 whereas everyone cept homard does crap dmg.
Care to elaborate on that? Does getting higher levels of their special attacks affect the damage it does? My guys are around L60 atm with Culotte shooting up to like L84 bc I had him INT buffed and nuking the boxes in CT4. Unfortunately CT4 isn't a good map to get EXP on like CT3 was -- those bats were so easy to mopup and level my characters on. But CT4 you have to wait for all the boxes to cast Battlecry all the time and can't just charge into the fray because you will get routed by Omega magics....

I did manage to recruit 2 Omega Wind mage balls and 1 Omega Lightning ball and a L92 Pandora box. So I've been doing bum rush attacks on CT5 atm for exp -- attack with 4 and 3 ppl and kill 2 different things then use the 8th to exit the map.

For the special attacks: Eclair, Homard, Alouette, and Prier all have around 750-850 ATK and as I said Prier has the weakest Special attacks out of any of them. Alouettes book bash can do upwards of 650dmg and around 350-450 on Rain of Fire, Homard's Demon blade does like 800 and Broken arrow like 400-450, Dark Eclairs Omega Lance is probably around 700-800 as well Eclairs Royal Lightning around 400-450 too I think, and Prier bringing up the bottom with like 350dmg single target and around 200-250dmg area...
Old 2004-06-11, 13:31   Link #99
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Prier special attacks are based on her ATK stats, I think. ^^

You can also increased them with equiping family jewels. Me myself been fusing them and it took me a looong time to fuse all those family jewels into my weapon and get 100% special attack. ^^

So try equip Prier with some gears that has high ATKs like Whip of love. you should see some difference in dmg. ^^
Old 2004-06-12, 16:52   Link #100
JediNight
キズランダム

I have a Fan Chop and some other weapon with a base ATK of like 170 on Prier atm. I also haven't been able to get the % chance effects on items to want to transfer over to the new item yet either. Unless its not listed on the combined window before clicking YES to send the monster over?