AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-03-20, 10:12   Link #61
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Unspecified
Chief Director: Yoshiyuki Tomino

Character Design: Kenichi Yoshida

Mecha Design: Akira Yasuda, Ippei Gyobu, Kimitoshi Yamane

Design Works: Shigeto Koyama, Kinu Nishimura, Gouda Cheese (Bengus), Pablo Uchida, Takumi Sakura, Ayumi Kurashima

Color Design: Nobuko Mizuta

Art Design: Tomoaki Okada

Music: Yugo Kanno


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Reconguista !? Did they make a typo here?
when I created this thread I was like "Recongu....Recongu...is that really a g there not q?"

oh well I guess there is meaning in this. same happens with Reguilt Century -> Rebuilt Century which make sense consider it taken place after UC. hint Rebuild phase after war
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 10:17   Link #62
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Earth
Age: 26
Hmm...Not feeling the character, mecha designs and the animation yet....might need to hear more of this
__________________
その再生を破壊する
Destroy This Rebirth
LightningZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 10:35   Link #63
DevilHighDxD
I <3 u SAKI!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: In the arm of the Saki Rukino... Duh!
Age: 18
No more pacifism BS and main character not annoying like Kio is all I needed.
__________________
<3 <3 <3 SAKI RUKINO!! League of Legend: Vvv3 hin0w1 (come and play with me!)
DevilHighDxD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 11:07   Link #64
Galaxian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Uhm... *Insert Eureka 7 joke here*

Sorry, just got off work and I'm a bit tired...
Galaxian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 11:09   Link #65
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Hmm, a new Gundam series from the man himself. I'm excited that it,s somewhat related to Eureka Seven, but I wish Reconguista of G will be aired right after Build Fighters, like April 7.

Still, I wonder if this series will encompass all past Gundam shows (even Sunrise shows like Code Geass, VOTOMS, and L-Gaim) like Turn-A? I was thinking of G-Reco to have the main character travel various worlds, but I guess Gundam EXA got it all covered (Sunrise should have adapted that manga series for Spring 2014).
__________________
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 11:23   Link #66
Scorpiopt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
No more pacifism BS and main character not annoying like Kio is all I needed.
agree with you

this pacifist bs crap that ruined several series for me already it must end

Last edited by Scorpiopt; 2014-03-20 at 18:08.
Scorpiopt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 11:45   Link #67
Death Usagi
Nano DEATH
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Age: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
^I hope it'll be more like Astral Ocean.
Actually even Astral Ocean was terrible...
__________________
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 11:47   Link #68
Galaxian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Actually even Astral Ocean was terrible...
I personally liked AO... Except for the ending.
Galaxian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 11:55   Link #69
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Well the role of gundam is to fight for peace. As stupid as that sounds, the end of war is usually peace, no matter how uneasy it may be. I do agree though, speaking of pacifism as you ride the most advanced weapon of your era in the middle of a battlefield is pretty twisted. That and disabling your opponents' suits in space, headless, armless, legless, thrusterless and rendering their mothership the same is more cruel than kind.
demino_hellsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 12:37   Link #70
DRAGUN H.E.X.
DAT Shiny Gunpla~
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: brunei darusalam
Age: 25
Send a message via Yahoo to DRAGUN H.E.X.
well Gundam is a war drama, the pacifism could depend on the individual unless you are basically a superman Ghandi like a certain SEED messiah,

trying to create a peaceful world also has a huge price to pay that may also be in the form of countless lives, innocent or guilty & as well drawbacks & bad side effects even during peaceful times, because reality is sometimes a double edged sword that will stab you back HARD, well the peace itself may not last long enough too as long there are problems in reality that we have to deal with by soaking our hands in blood, hate will always exist
__________________
TRANSFORMERS
MACHINE ROBO
DIAROBO
GYROZETTER
DRAGUN H.E.X. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 12:42   Link #71
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Actually even Astral Ocean was terrible...
Astral Ocean is actually quite fun overall. But like many others think, it has questionable few episodes prior to the finale leading up to a facepalm-worthy ending. But I still prefer AO than the likes of Aquarion EVOL and Guilty Crown. Those two are beyond bad in terms of story & characterization imo (too bad since those two are such visual feasts). I might even go further by saying I prefer AO than VVV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
That and disabling your opponents' suits in space, headless, armless, legless, thrusterless and rendering their mothership the same is more cruel than kind.
Are you saying that destroying the MS's cockpit and crushing/vaporizing the pilot to death is less cruel than only destroying the MS's limbs & weapons and allowing the pilot to live to be rescued later? In the middle of a fierce battle, what Kira did to many of his opponents is indeed kind given the situation.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 12:47   Link #72
Haak
God Damn Christmas Songs
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
It doesn't need to be exactly like Astral Ocean but I do hope this new series departs from the typical "Two superpowers in direct war" and opts for a more grounded take on modern day politics, like Astral Ocean.

Hopefully nothing like Gundam 00 though...
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 12:49   Link #73
Death Usagi
Nano DEATH
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Age: 18
I liked Astral Ocean too, but the story headed in a totally weird way...
__________________
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 12:54   Link #74
Helius
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: stuck between galaxies
The protagonist looks like a psycho, that's all I got from the trailer.

The rest is "meh"...
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 13:03   Link #75
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
It doesn't need to be exactly like Astral Ocean but I do hope this new series departs from the typical "Two superpowers in direct war" and opts for a more grounded take on modern day politics, like Astral Ocean.

Hopefully nothing like Gundam 00 though...
Ironically, I think 00 is what you’ll get if you’re to cross Gundam with AO's take on modern day politics .
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 13:07   Link #76
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helius View Post
The protagonist looks like a psycho, that's all I got from the trailer.

The rest is "meh"...
I think of that main character having drug abuse issues... I don't know?

Anyways, let's hope that Tomino won't tank G-Reco down the drain. I mean, he's the man behind the Gundam series, and we have high regards to him despite its flaws.

Still, I wish G-Reco should air it in Spring, not in Fall. On the other hand, will it have 50 episodes?
__________________
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 13:13   Link #77
DRAGUN H.E.X.
DAT Shiny Gunpla~
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: brunei darusalam
Age: 25
Send a message via Yahoo to DRAGUN H.E.X.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Are you saying that destroying the MS's cockpit and crushing/vaporizing the pilot to death is less cruel than only destroying the MS's limbs & weapons and allowing the pilot to live to be rescued later?
well Crossbone Gundam has shown us that even leaving your enemies to live & getting rescued by their friends later has its consequences, that is they got executed by their own "friends" that rescued them in the name of absolute order of the rules they have to live by, that is punish to those who humiliate their own people,

it could be worse like the immobile MS, MA, or a Ship can't be detected by their respective allies, particularly drifting in the vacuum of space, leaving them to slowly die painfully due to the replenishing of their life support oxygen, food, & water supply or getting captured, held captive by the opposing faction to be imprisoned or totured or just brutally executed again

even units with a life support ejection system does not help either, particularly during in the middle of battle, while trying to escape your disabled unit, you might just get in the line of a crossfire, ripping apart your defenseless body in the process whether its by an enemy or by your own friend by accident, a friendly fire,

Kira Yamato's actions is still questionable of its usage in the battlefield to me.......
__________________
TRANSFORMERS
MACHINE ROBO
DIAROBO
GYROZETTER
DRAGUN H.E.X. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 13:24   Link #78
Galaxian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
Kira Yamato's actions is still questionable of its usage in the battlefield to me.......
They have repeatedly said that Kira targets primarely weapons and cameras, not the thrusters of MS.
Galaxian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 13:28   Link #79
Blaat
AS member for 10 years
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quick first impression: the typo in the name annoys me reconquista is with a q not a g, the character design constantly reminding me of E7 AO is pissing me off as I don't want to be reminded of that series thank you very much and the mecha design looks fine. I'm also rather suspicious of the main character constantly smiling, it gives me 'he's brainwashed' kind of vibe.

But one thing I'm not sure what to think of is Tomino to returning to do a Gundam series, Turn A is a fine last original Gundam works so there is no real need to do another, maybe he needs the cash or maybe he's addicted to making anime. Any word why he wants to make another Gundam series?
__________________
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 13:30   Link #80
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
well Crossbone Gundam has shown us that even leaving your enemies to live & getting rescued by their friends later has its consequences, that is they got executed by their own "friends" that rescued them in the name of absolute order of the rules they have to live by, that is punish to those who humiliate their own people,

it could be worse like the immobile MS, MA, or a Ship can't be detected by their respective allies, particularly drifting in the vacuum of space, leaving them to slowly die painfully due to the replenishing of their life support oxygen, food, & water supply or getting captured, held captive by the opposing faction to be imprisoned or totured or just brutally executed again

even units with a life support ejection system does not help either, particularly during in the middle of battle, while trying to escape your disabled unit, you might just get in the line of a crossfire, ripping apart your defenseless body in the process whether its by an enemy or by your own friend by accident, a friendly fire,

Kira Yamato's actions is still questionable of its usage in the battlefield to me.......
Obviously, I wasn’t talking about long term. Like I said, during a fierce battle, giving your opponents a moment to live and a chance to survive is indeed a kind thing to do no matter what will happen to them afterwards. After that, of course people like Kira won’t be responsible for his opponents' well being (contrary to what many people believe, he's not an omnipotent Jesus ). To survive the next moment, It’s up to those pilots’ effort (how much they want to survive) and dumb luck after people like Kira & Kio granted them survival chance. Anything can happen to those pilots after the MSs being disabled, just like how anything can happen to anyone in the middle of a war (disabled or not).
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.