AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-03-24, 07:15   Link #21
J4n1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApathyEcstasy View Post
Isn't it also possible that there's no going back?
It is possible, though Shiroe and Nureha both know of at least one hypothetical way out (though no way of proving it as of yet).

And almost certainly some would not even want to go back (i probably wouldn't), not just because of living in a game sounding fun, but simply because they are fucking immortal in the game.
Why go back and die of old age when you can be eternally young immortal demigod instead?
J4n1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 08:39   Link #22
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
It is possible, though Shiroe and Nureha both know of at least one hypothetical way out (though no way of proving it as of yet).

And almost certainly some would not even want to go back (i probably wouldn't), not just because of living in a game sounding fun, but simply because they are fucking immortal in the game.
Why go back and die of old age when you can be eternally young immortal demigod instead?
The problem is about the game itself. What if someone decided to shut down the servers? Maintaining servers is hard and it takes more resources.
__________________
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 09:06   Link #23
Cloudedmind
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
The problem is about the game itself. What if someone decided to shut down the servers? Maintaining servers is hard and it takes more resources.
That's assuming this is a game though, and that there are even any servers to speak of.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 10:54   Link #24
FRS
Lurker on the threshold
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: France
Age: 37
I am really happy that we are going to get a second season, i hope there will be enough material for a two cours serie.

I wonder who will Tetra VA.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 11:23   Link #25
J4n1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
That's assuming this is a game though, and that there are even any servers to speak of.
Exactly.
Me, i kinda lean towards the alternate world/dimension hypothesis myself as it leaves less questions open.
But whether or not it is more advantageous to stay or leave, largely depends on the alternate world/virtual reality question.
J4n1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 12:07   Link #26
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
The problem is about the game itself. What if someone decided to shut down the servers? Maintaining servers is hard and it takes more resources.
Well, assuming that people could look in from the outside what is happening to the people who have been hijacked into Elder Tale, there is a multitude of reasons why they wouldn't turn off the servers. For humanitarian purposes firstly, then because whomever did it would face charges of murder from the relatives of the people who have been "extinguished". And, to be honest, if people can follow the lives of the adventurers in Elder Tale, could there be a more entertaining reality show ever? That last point alone would provide all the financial incentive to keep on those servers forever.
__________________
magnuskn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 12:11   Link #27
Ickarium
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
I don't think it matters, as this isn't SAO. Elder Tale was a mouse and keyboard MMO. If they are somehow on servers, someone put them there through some sort of weird supertech for a reason. If they aren't, it doesn't matter.
__________________
Ickarium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 12:20   Link #28
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
The more I think about the idea of people from the real world being able to follow the adventures of the people hijacked into the world of Elder Tale, the more I find it hilarious. There probably would be fan-clubs for the different characters worldwide. It's quite meta. ^^
__________________
magnuskn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 12:25   Link #29
AntonKutovoi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Vladimir, Russia
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS View Post
I am really happy that we are going to get a second season, i hope there will be enough material for a two cours serie.

I wonder who will Tetra VA.

I'd say that Jun Fukuyama is the most obvious choice. But it could be a Norio Wakamoto for laughs.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 12:57   Link #30
J4n1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS View Post
I am really happy that we are going to get a second season, i hope there will be enough material for a two cours serie.

I wonder who will Tetra VA.
It kinda depends on how much they are willing to stretch the material available.
With the pace of season 1, it would end up a 1 cour series.
But if they stop cutting stuff out (like they did in season 1), and keep putting stuff in (like they did in season 1), i think they could stretch it to a 2 cour series.

But i suspect it will end up a 1 cour series (with stuff but cut and added).
J4n1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 13:12   Link #31
Ickarium
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Depends, really. 6-7-possibly-8 will do a fair bit. Then maybe Kanami or some of the other spinoff manga.
__________________
Ickarium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 13:18   Link #32
Sheba
Have a Yasen Problem
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Naval Base in the rectum of Pacific Ocean
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
I'd say that Jun Fukuyama is the most obvious choice. But it could be a Norio Wakamoto for laughs.
Spoiler:


I'd either pick Yukari Tamura because of Tetra trolling Tankbro, or Yuu Kobayashi or Romi Park.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 13:29   Link #33
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
Exactly.
Me, i kinda lean towards the alternate world/dimension hypothesis myself as it leaves less questions open.
But whether or not it is more advantageous to stay or leave, largely depends on the alternate world/virtual reality question.
The question is the timing of the world's birth.
Did it spontaneously emerge at the point of Catastrophe, and everything was retrospectively filled in to "make sense"?
Or rather, was it an alternate reality to begin with, which somehow shared connection to Shiroe's world's video game and was developed cocurrently, unknown to both parties?

Personally from logical POV, I tend to lean for the latter.
That the World Fraction somehow connected the universe of Theldesia to the American game designer, with or without the knowledge of anyone involved.
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 13:32   Link #34
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
The question is the timing of the world's birth.
Did it spontaneously emerge at the point of Catastrophe, and everything was retrospectively filled in to "make sense"?
Or rather, was it an alternate reality to begin with, which somehow shared connection to Shiroe's world's video game and was developed cocurrently, unknown to both parties?

Personally from logical POV, I tend to lean for the latter.
That the World Fraction somehow connected the universe of Theldesia to the American game designer, with or without the knowledge of anyone involved.
or the Alvs who escape form the ET world into ours created the game and link it with the world.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 13:51   Link #35
J4n1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Personally from logical POV, I tend to lean for the latter.
That the World Fraction somehow connected the universe of Theldesia to the American game designer, with or without the knowledge of anyone involved.
Pretty much my take as well, this both fits the facts available, and requires few assumptions outside of the known facts.

It is possible that ET is an alternate future that, at the time of world fraction, made a magical connection to earlier time point and somehow caused the game to be developed (or just affected game already in design phase).
J4n1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 14:12   Link #36
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
or the Alvs who escape form the ET world into ours created the game and link it with the world.
Haha, never thought of that.
Beware the family who never show their tongue to people!
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 03:31   Link #37
FRS
Lurker on the threshold
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: France
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
or the Alvs who escape form the ET world into ours created the game and link it with the world.
That would be a nice twist.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 04:12   Link #38
Aggelos
The one whom passes by
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
It is possible, though Shiroe and Nureha both know of at least one hypothetical way out (though no way of proving it as of yet).

And almost certainly some would not even want to go back (i probably wouldn't), not just because of living in a game sounding fun, but simply because they are fucking immortal in the game.
Why go back and die of old age when you can be eternally young immortal demigod instead?
There lays the problem, IF the game mechanics are slowly eroding away and the world is adapting to more real life physics and laws.
The no aging/immortality thing is eventually up on the chopping block.
The characters mental changes and memory loss in some characters thus far also raises another problem as if
there comes a time if they never recall living in another world at all.
In a sense its akin to character identity or personality death.

In the next few volumes I am expecting to see signs of permanent scars forming
aging and more game mechanic breakdowns
Aggelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 04:27   Link #39
J4n1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggelos View Post
There lays the problem, IF the game mechanics are slowly eroding away and the world is adapting to more real life physics and laws.
The no aging/immortality thing is eventually up on the chopping block.
The characters mental changes and memory loss in some characters thus far also raises another problem as if
there comes a time if they never recall living in another world at all.
In a sense its akin to character identity or personality death.

In the next few volumes I am expecting to see signs of permanent scars forming
aging and more game mechanic breakdowns
IF, the rules change to remove the eternal youth (or if they already have), then yes, that's one more thing to consider.

However, loss of some relatively insignificant memories is vastly preferable to dying.
So gradual loss of identity (actually, not loss, change, we are always changing and forgetting things anyway) is not really that huge a thing compared to permanent loss of life.
J4n1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 04:45   Link #40
pampz21
ripApart
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: USA
Woot season too? Is this thread spoiler free if not can someone give me am idea what to look forward?
__________________


to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life


pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.