AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Gundam Build Fighters - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 19 43.18%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 20.45%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 22.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 6.82%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 4.55%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.27%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-03-28, 22:21   Link #161
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
That's actually part of what I'm disappointed with. When they said that the second Meijin emphasized winning above everything else, and they even connected him with the Chairman in this episode, I was thinking they were saying that the second Meijin would go through any underhanded tactics and cheat his way through victory. But after seeing the comparison being made in this episode, I realized they just meant he had a relentless battling style.

The problem is, like I said before, I don't find the Meijin's battling style in this episode to be extreme, or even borderline illegal, if that's even possible in this kind of a match. Yes, he's more aggressive, but that's it. That Yuuki's mental integrity would even come into question over this is exactly what I dislike.

In other words, if they want to say that the second Meijin had a wrong philosophy, then fine. But show something more than just being aggressive in a match.
Its not just the battling style and the winning part, they have mentioned that the Second put winning at the forefront even at the cost of others, such as his friends, the fighting style was just an indication that Yuuki was starting to go that route, hence the concern

Everything said about the second so far have mostly been in a negative light aside from that he was a superb fighter. Also they never said anything about him cheating or anything of the sort

The show has a clear portrayal through the characters of what a Gunpla Battle "should" be, and thats a sportman's fun battle in which both combatants have a fun/clean match. The Seconds oppressive fighting style (he literally gives no room to fight back at all) went against that hence his negative portrayal. By our views he is in no way "wrong" from what we have heard, its just within the show it happens to be so
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-28, 22:41   Link #162
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Its not just the battling style and the winning part, they have mentioned that the Second put winning at the forefront even at the cost of others, such as his friends, the fighting style was just an indication that Yuuki was starting to go that route, hence the concern

Everything said about the second so far have mostly been in a negative light aside from that he was a superb fighter. Also they never said anything about him cheating or anything of the sort

The show has a clear portrayal through the characters of what a Gunpla Battle "should" be, and thats a sportman's fun battle in which both combatants have a fun/clean match. The Seconds oppressive fighting style (he literally gives no room to fight back at all) went against that hence his negative portrayal. By our views he is in no way "wrong" from what we have heard, its just within the show it happens to be so
Indeed, and I can accept that for what it is.

It's just that when I finally realized what's going on after this episode, I also realize it's not something I like.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-29, 03:03   Link #163
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Indeed, and I can accept that for what it is.

It's just that when I finally realized what's going on after this episode, I also realize it's not something I like.
Yeah, lets just leave it at that :P

Some people seem to be getting sick of our back and forths
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 06:02   Link #164
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
That would definitely work. End the series on a humorous note.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
But they don't wear ribbons, since when GBF turn into yuriesque moe series, meister?
Because EXCHANGE OF ARIAN FAMILY JEWELS sounds pretty damn more perverted. That's why I went with a yurious reference of the same significance.

Besides, shouldn't references work both ways?

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 07:10   Link #165
kuroihikari2

So in essence, Sei handed Reiji's family jewels over to Aila? And that's after him and Reiji played with it together for awhile together with their Gunpla?
kuroihikari2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 07:20   Link #166
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroihikari2 View Post
So in essence, Sei handed Reiji's family jewels over to Aila? And that's after him and Reiji played with it together for awhile together with their Gunpla?
They're just training for the eventual heterosexual married life, bro
Old 2014-03-30, 22:45   Link #167
Frontier

As someone who was really anticipating the Dark Matter fight, I can definitely say I wasn't disappointed. In terms of animation, fight choreography, and sheer brutality, I feel it was definitely one of Build Fighters' best fights, and a fittingly awesome final fight between Sei/Reiji and Yuuki .

It was especially nice seeing the Star Build Strike finally using more of its features, and possibly Aqua Mode. Little disappointed we didn't get to properly see its wings of light again though .

Exia Dark Matter was also a beast, though, and a very suitable "final Boss" for the tournament. I was also quite shocked at how armed to the teeth it was, though I shouldn't be that surprised considering the MS it's based on .

While I legitimately get the hate for the Build Knuckle, I honestly thought the Double Build Knuckle at the end was a pretty awesome way to finish the fight and defeat Dark Matter. Nibun No Ichi playing was the cherry on top .

While I agree that a genuine fight between Yuuki and Reiji without the Embody System would be pretty different from what we had here, I really have to wonder if that would have made the fight harder for the Star Build Strike. With the Embody System forcing him acting like the second Meijin, Yuuki was much more brutal and unrelenting than he potentially would have been had be been in control of his actions.

It was neat seeing that the Chairman didn't have any generic plan to "conquer the world" through the use of the crystal, as Baker suggested, rather he's content living his rich lifestyle through exploiting it and the sport of Gunpla. He's not a terribly malicious individual, but as shown in the series, he'll go to great and insidious lengths to prevent the potential loss of what he's gained. Considering the reveal of his origins, Mashita originally being just a normal Arian thief who lucked into discovering the Arista and our world, it's pretty fitting.

Though I did find it quite surprising that the Chairman could possibly have been responsible for the second Meijin's fighting style and attitude towards Gunpla. I highly doubt it's the case, but I wonder if Mashita is in any way related to why the second is in the hospital ?

Baker being a former Gundam cosplayer was also a surprise. And potentially explains a lot .

With Takeshi there, I imagine there's a much better chance of both the Chairman and Aila's handler finally getting some comeuppance for their actions. While it may have been harder to make a case for Aila, because of her circumstances with the Flana institute, Meijin was visibly shown having the Embody System forced on him against his will. Here's hoping Takeshi is able to bust the bad guys .

Here's hoping Build Fighters can end on a high note with the finale .

Last edited by Frontier; 2014-08-12 at 13:19.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 23:08   Link #168
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroihikari2 View Post
Rightly so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
They're just training for the eventual heterosexual married life, bro
Pretty sure Reiji just pigs out when the time comes.

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote