AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2014-03-26, 02:49   Link #21
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
Did anyone else find usopp's reaction to the grape a little disturbing or scary? or is it just me?

His face looking disturbing is kind of the whole point.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 02:56   Link #22
coded321
He Who Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
that is a very good point. But still i think that scene really showed how much's of oda's art style has evolved over the years.
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 04:53   Link #23
Veviticus

So it seems like sugar was not aware of her power to contract toys. It's still surprising how toy soldier was able to escape with king riku when doflamingo and his lieutenants were there.

Reading about kyros and his dying wife in his arms was so sad. Not being able to feel the last bit of warmth leave her body, and her not knowing who he is during her last moments was very heartbreaking.

I'm not a fan of how sugar was taken out.
Old 2014-03-26, 04:56   Link #24
ri0

Location: Where everything is dangerous - I'm starting to like this place
ahahahaha, the conclusion of Operation SOP was hilarious... really, that was so sudden and massive likewise. I really burst out in laughter at the double page - Oda's a freakin' genius
Poor Usopp's super dumb face and Sugar's reaction to it are way too epic

The flashback was also satisfying - Kyros went through a lot. Like Veviticus said, those two scenes were really emotional.
I wonder how much strength Kyros lost, when he cut down his leg. Hopefully, he gets to kick Diamante's ass somehow.

So, next chapter the toys are gonna be released after they pledged loyalty to Usopp - s**t's about to go down!
It will be interesting how Oda is gonna display the returning memories. I think, this will be an artistic challenge and if handled correctly, we'll see uber epic moments in the next chapters.
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 05:22   Link #25
Diablerie

I wasn't expecting to like this chapter, but it was actually really good. It felt like a lot happened.

We expected the Kyros flashback of course, though I didn't expect him to cut his own leg off to rescue Riku, that was insane.

I wish we'd seen Franky fight a bit more, but eh, the anime might expand that into a proper fight at least. Did anyone notice Dellinger there too, next to Senor Pink?

Looks like Diamante is unable to break Bartolomeo's barrier? That's interesting.

Hahahahaha, Usopp. I quite enjoyed that method of taking down Sugar. It's not like we've been cheated out of a fight either, Trebol's still there, after all. Sugar's down, and it looks like all hells gonna break loose with the toy revolution next chapter...

Last edited by Diablerie; 2014-03-26 at 05:34.
Diablerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 05:41   Link #26
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veviticus View Post
So it seems like sugar was not aware of her power to contract toys. It's still surprising how toy soldier was able to escape with king riku when doflamingo and his lieutenants were there.
Actually seeing how he was able to escape beeing turned into a toy and with just a leg, it makes you wonder, how they were able to put him into seastone cuffs in the first place.
Probably tricked him or something like this.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 06:15   Link #27
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

HAHAHAHA.... last page stole everything
Operation SOP completed!!!

Poor Curos.... and Scarlet is beautiful
so it isn't a lie when we said Rebecca had royal lineage

Franky finally down....

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 06:57   Link #28
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
it was awesome how the Operation SOP turn out, can't stop laughing...
Old 2014-03-26, 06:58   Link #29
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Props to Franky for holding out as long as he did!

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 07:17   Link #30
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veviticus View Post
I'm not a fan of how sugar was taken out.
Well, to be fair, her power is pretty ridiculously overpowered. Anything convenient or conventional wouldn't have been satisfactory since I'm pretty sure everyone didn't expect to see her fight. Usopp inadvertently scaring the shit out of her was something I didn't see coming.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 07:22   Link #31
Baron-Zara

Best chapter in quite a while! So good!!

The FEEEEELZ in Curos's flashback were just too much >.<

I was smiling throughout his happy life with Scarlet and Rebecca. So sweet :3

Dat love story :*)

The way everything turned out when Dofla invaded was so sad T_T

Scarlet dying in his hands without knowing him T O T

But he's friggin BA! How he sacrificed his leg to kill Dofla. I wonder how much damage he would've done if his attack connected? I'm guessing he's pretty much on par with Dofla with all that strength he has.

The 2nd half with everyone in complete despair; Franky beat down to no end O_O
And Ussop practically dead! That was so hard to watch >~<

The last page was friggin GOLD though!!! SO DAMN HILARIOUS XDXDXD
DEM FACES HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Who would've thought she'd faint from shock lol

Nxt chap!! Time for the counterattack Can't friggin wait!!! All the toys will change back to humans and the SHs will have hundreds of allies in an instant!!!
Even Cavendish hehe!!! I AM FRIGGIN HYPE!!

The chaos that will occur will be SO GOOD
Old 2014-03-26, 07:29   Link #32
noktown

Did Usopp burp or what the hell happened ?Kind of disappointed that Franky got taken down,he was facing fodder enemies pretty much.
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 07:35   Link #33
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The end of the chapter was freaking hilarious. However, it's really lame that Usopp succeeded thanks to sheer luck. If Sugar hadn't randomly decided to feed him the grape, all would have been lost.

I'm disappointed Franky and Usopp were off-paneled. Franky didn't even manage to take down a single operative, apparently. I expected him to beat Senor Pink, at least.
Old 2014-03-26, 07:53   Link #34
K. Shiruto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The end of the chapter was freaking hilarious. However, it's really lame that Usopp succeeded thanks to sheer luck. If Sugar hadn't randomly decided to feed him the grape, all would have been lost.

I'm disappointed Franky and Usopp were off-paneled. Franky didn't even manage to take down a single operative, apparently. I expected him to beat Senor Pink, at least.
Welcome to the New World.
K. Shiruto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 08:21   Link #35
Veviticus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Actually seeing how he was able to escape beeing turned into a toy and with just a leg, it makes you wonder, how they were able to put him into seastone cuffs in the first place.
Probably tricked him or something like this.
Oh, they can simply use king riku as a hostage to prevent kyros from making any moves. It's definitely amazing how someone could adapt so quickly to moving after losing their leg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
Well, to be fair, her power is pretty ridiculously overpowered. Anything convenient or conventional wouldn't have been satisfactory since I'm pretty sure everyone didn't expect to see her fight. Usopp inadvertently scaring the shit out of her was something I didn't see coming.
I've always thought usopp's long ranged attacks would have worked well on sugar since she needs to come in close proximity in order to touch her victims.
If anything, I just wanted to see a bit of the fight between usopp and sugar/trebol. It's a shame that he was beaten off-panel. And this fight was probably the biggest turning point in this arc
Old 2014-03-26, 08:24   Link #36
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

Yeah, they weren't even shown to have bruises from the fight..
Kopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 08:52   Link #37
ellifeedn
Thinker

Is this the first case of actual "romance" in One Piece?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 09:13   Link #38
K. Shiruto

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Is this the first case of actual "romance" in One Piece?
Where have you been?
K. Shiruto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 09:17   Link #39
ellifeedn
Thinker

My memory isn't so good and I can't keep track of everything that's happened. And I probably should have said romantic love.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 09:26   Link #40
Trax
Rock beats scissors

While I'm excited to see that all hell is about to break loose with Sugar getting KO'd, I did not like the way it went down. It came down to sheer luck, I would have preferred to see Usopp make a last ditch effort which resulted in the same outcome. Something like the fake cockroaches in the Perona fight...

Also, as expected, nothing was shown of both Usopp and Franky's fights. I especially would have wanted to see how Usopp's fight went, because that would have been a better way to redeem him.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote