AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2014-03-26, 16:39   Link #61
Alpha Knight

I have a theory Kyros won't revert back to his human appearance because Sugar didn't make a contract with him.
Alpha Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 17:01   Link #62
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
I would say that her mother faking her death is somewhat irrelevant to her succession rights. Afterall she not only has the blood of a royal, but EVERYONE recognizes that being legitimate royal blood. She has royal blood, and thus that should place her in the line of secession regards of her mother's over the top actions.

However, what i think is more important is how Rebecca feels about her royal blood. And to that extent, she doesn't seem to care. She doesn't care about her lineage and she doesn't feel like she has any royal responsibility to the people or her country. Unlike Vivi, she's not gonna have any hang ups about leaving. Though i do guess that the nature of her mother's actions would be enough for King Riku to just claim she is not his granddaughter so that she would be free to leave(similar to what he did for his daughter).

Though I don't really feel like much a strawhat-to-be, since it feels like she lacks motivation to leave. Every strawhat had a reason for leaving and wanting to go out into the greater world; but so far all of rebecca's motivations are set on dressrosa. Also in the Colosseum, so far Sabo has been kind of stealing her spotlight; but who knows, that could change... who knows what will happen next chapter; with Sugar KO'd, shit is about to go down.
Remember how it was with Nami? At first, while she wanted to stay with the Straw Hats (due to being with them for an extended time already) her focus remained solely on her village until it was revealed DURING that arc that her actual dream was to draw a map. Same with Franky, who revealed his dream to sail the sunny to "the end of the world" only after the project to build Sunny actually started. So I would not jump to conclusions just yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Shiruto View Post
I have a theory Kyros won't revert back to his human appearance because Sugar didn't make a contract with him.
Now that you mention it... maybe the reason why no contract was made was because Sugar, in the spring of the moment, used her ability on Kyros and everyone immidietly forgot everything about him, so it was like "a wild toy appeard" who was considerably strong. Everyone was probably confused about the situation, which gave him the chance to escape with Riku.

But I have doubts about your theory, because I don't think that she made a contract with Robin either, so if that and your theory is true, then Robin would not turn back either, which would be... a considerable problem.
Old 2014-03-26, 18:31   Link #63
ellifeedn
Thinker

Maybe Rebecca's motivation for leaving will be to become stronger to protect her land from Doflamingo and anyone else who want to ruin it.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 18:54   Link #64
Alpha Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Now that you mention it... maybe the reason why no contract was made was because Sugar, in the spring of the moment, used her ability on Kyros and everyone immidietly forgot everything about him, so it was like "a wild toy appeard" who was considerably strong. Everyone was probably confused about the situation, which gave him the chance to escape with Riku.

But I have doubts about your theory, because I don't think that she made a contract with Robin either, so if that and your theory is true, then Robin would not turn back either, which would be... a considerable problem.
There're also two additional problems if Kyros returns back to his human appearance.

One is his wound. He cut his own leg, no less, and the toy appearance is supposed to be symbolic. In that condition he can't hope to win, it's suicidal.

And the other is Rebecca. Her mind would be a mess, the memories of a second father (who is the same person) would mix into.

So I'm inclined to believe we are bound for a big surprise. Either the contract thing plays a key part in this, or knocking Sugar out cold DOESN'T actually nullify the devil fruit effects.
Old 2014-03-26, 19:05   Link #65
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Send a message via Skype™ to Poetic Justice
Haha Usopp delivers in the only way he could. Doflamingo's guys are about to be sorrounded by a lot of angry pirates.
Old 2014-03-26, 21:56   Link #66
marvelB

Whoa, where the heck did the "Rebecca will join" talk resurface from!? Well regardless, my stance has not changed from the last time this matter was brought up: There's no way I see her leaving Dressrosa anytime soon. Her being an "illegitimate" child doesn't really change anything, either. Even if she's not tied down by royal responsibilities, she can always fight alongside her father in the royal army. After all, it was Kyros who trained her after her mother died, so why wouldn't she want to remain by his side and help fend off future pirate attacks?

And besides, she hasn't shown the slightest interest in the world outside of Dressrosa this whole time, anyhow. That right there is the most damning evidence of her not joining, IMO.....
marvelB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 22:00   Link #67
philip72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
I would say that her mother faking her death is somewhat irrelevant to her succession rights. Afterall she not only has the blood of a royal, but EVERYONE recognizes that being legitimate royal blood. She has royal blood, and thus that should place her in the line of secession regards of her mother's over the top actions.
No, since her mother was legally dead before she was born she would definitely be excluded from succession. If King Riku regains the throne he could possibly revoke her mothers legal death and implied abdication (If he's not a constitutional monarch and wields unrestricted political power).

However, because of Kyros status as a commoner and an ex-con, and the implications of public approval raised in this chapter; it's highly likely that even if Scarlett did not fake her death, the marriage would be regarded as morganatic

Morganatic marriage would prevent Scarlett's titles being passed on to Rebecca. Here in the real world, globally, all marriages between royalty and commoners were automatically morganatic until the last half of the twentieth century.
philip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 23:08   Link #68
Veviticus

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
And besides, she hasn't shown the slightest interest in the world outside of Dressrosa this whole time, anyhow. That right there is the most damning evidence of her not joining, IMO.....
That could change when the arc is over. It's the same as finding out about some of the crew member's dreams. These things are usually not talked about until the end since there are more important issues to be dealt with.
But as much as I want rebecca to join, having more members would only mean less focus on the other members. This arc has been a big mess with everyone split up and having the story jump all over the place.
And Kyros has suffered enough already. I wouldn't want him to be separated from his daughter.
Old 2014-03-26, 23:54   Link #69
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

what in the world happened in the last page. both of them were screaming
Old 2014-03-27, 00:33   Link #70
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veviticus View Post
That could change when the arc is over. It's the same as finding out about some of the crew member's dreams. These things are usually not talked about until the end since there are more important issues to be dealt with.

No, it usually tends to be clearly hinted mid-arc when we get the character's flashbacks. I think the only exceptions to the rule were Usopp, Robin, and Brooke (the former and latter DID get their flashbacks after everything was said and done, and Robin didn't get hers until a few arcs after she joined..... and notice we got THAT flashback during the mid-point of the arc).

If Rebecca really were a potential member, then we should've already learned of her dreams to travel the world during all those earlier flashbacks where she spent all that time with Thunder Soldier. And lo and behold..... she clearly states that staying by her daddy's side is exactly what her goal is!
Old 2014-03-27, 00:49   Link #71
ellifeedn
Thinker

I don't remember Franky describing his dream during his flashback.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 00:54   Link #72
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Funny thing is the last page where Usopp eat the dwarfs tobacco grape, i think that tobacco is made for Usopp to knockout Sugar with some "sarcastic" reaction. I think many will remember how Usopp reacts after he ate that grape because it's rare to see him like that XD.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 00:59   Link #73
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I don't remember Franky describing his dream during his flashback.
Right after he got run over by the sea train, he said that he wanted to make a ship that sailed to the end of the world. So see, Franky is no exception to the rule.
Old 2014-03-27, 01:28   Link #74
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
IMHO there is no hint at all suggesting that she didn't made a contract with Robin.
Since the power is likely dispelled now, it won't really matter, but I think Sugar won't do the same mistake she did with Kyros again and therefore contracted Robin like everyone else.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 02:22   Link #75
Diablerie

Quote:
Not exactly sure how two Dofla officers PLUS a freaking vice admiral fits into the criteria for "fodder" enemies, personally.
Actually, it was 3 Dofla officers. Dellinger can be seen standing next to Senor Pink in that Franky panel. Franky actually went down against 3 Dofla officers, 1 VA, a ton of Dofla goons and some marines, after holding out for like 10 chapters. Not a bad effort really, considering his main goal was to distract people.

So what kind of repercussions do you think Operation SOP's success will bring?

My thoughts:
1) Bastille will remember how Maynard and all the others went missing in Doflamingo's coloseum, will stop co-operating with the Doflamingo officers, Franky gets away or strikes back somehow in the confusion.
2) Trebol now has to fight Usopp, Robin, Cavendish, Hack, Elizabello, possibly Chinjao, and a bunch of other really pissed gladiators. He is truly screwed.
3) Upon returning to normal, Kyros will silently eliminate Gladius, before his group raises the alarm. If not Gladius, then he'll go straight for Mingo's head, unsuccessfully.
4) Remember that toy pit that the gladiators were trapped in underneath the Colosseum? If Burgess keeps destroying the floor, then hundreds of supposedly missing people are gonna appear in the middle of the Colosseum. Remember, Hack was seen calling the Revolutionaries on Den Den Mushi when he got dropped in there, so Sabo is probably well aware of what's in that basement.

Given everything that's about to happen, I'm guessing next chapter will be entirely everyone's reactions to the mass transformation.

Last edited by Diablerie; 2014-03-27 at 03:11.
Diablerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 03:43   Link #76
Casshern

I hate Dofla even more than Wapol now
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 04:57   Link #77
AdventSleeper

All aboard the feels train in the flashback...

But my god that last page sure cheered me up.
AdventSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 05:56   Link #78
danielevo

One thing i dont like in this chapter is franky defeated,, (T.T) but, good job franky (y)
danielevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 07:42   Link #79
Alpha Knight

There's no definite rule about new potential crewmembers. Rebecca's dream is family. Toy Soldier is her family and she wants to live with him the rest of her life.

But I know how's this going to end. I'm a 90% sure Kyros isn't coming back alive of this, unfortunately
Old 2014-03-27, 09:08   Link #80
Slayerx

Quote:
No, it usually tends to be clearly hinted mid-arc when we get the character's flashbacks. I think the only exceptions to the rule were Usopp, Robin, and Brooke (the former and latter DID get their flashbacks after everything was said and done, and Robin didn't get hers until a few arcs after she joined..... and notice we got THAT flashback during the mid-point of the arc).

If Rebecca really were a potential member, then we should've already learned of her dreams to travel the world during all those earlier flashbacks where she spent all that time with Thunder Soldier. And lo and behold..... she clearly states that staying by her daddy's side is exactly what her goal is!
Ya that's how i feel aswell. We had a lot of chances to hear of Rebecca's dreams, and yet all her thoughts and motivation are set on staying with family... Her dream was to live with her father, and the first thing she does when she gets that chance is leave? doesn't make much sense.

Not to mention that Rebecca's flashback wasn't as detailed as other strawhats. When Oda does the flashback for the strawhats he usually takes it nice and slow showing in detail everything that happened. Oda usually takes the time to show us in detail what the characters were like before tragedy befell them, instead of just getting to the tragedy as quickly as possible. Rebecca's flashback was treated more like Kyros's flash back where oda just skipped around hitting the high notes and getting it out of the way as fast as possible. Like its important we know what happened to her, but he didn't really take the time to make us really grow attached like he did with the others

Actually what might have been REALLY interesting is to get a flashback that showed Rebecca's life before the countries tragedy. Not only would we get to see her life when it was normal, but because we are seeing the flashback from her perspective and she had forgotten about her father, he would be missing from the flashback; later during Kyro's flashback, we could see those gaps filled in... in a way it would not only show us what rebecca's normal life was like, but also the effect loosing your memory of someone. If done well, it could have been really great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
IMHO there is no hint at all suggesting that she didn't made a contract with Robin.
There is very good reason to think she didn't. Sugar didn't touch robin herself, she touched one of Robin's blossomed arms. Because Robin wasn't right there in front of her, there would be good reason to think that Robin basically got away without being given a contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Shiruto View Post
But I know how's this going to end. I'm a 90% sure Kyros isn't coming back alive of this, unfortunately
In any other series the chances of death might be that high, but in One piece, the chances of character death is skewed a lot lower.