AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Gundam Build Fighters - Episode 25 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 61 80.26%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 14.47%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 2.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.63%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-04-02, 12:55   Link #181
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
That was how it was shown. We see it has wide range of weaponry from close, mid to long. It also has good speed (winning the racing match), good maneuverability (the GM Sniper K9 match), good power (the battle royal match). However it doesn't have what we call a trick up its sleeve. There is no burst in performance (Transam, Exam, etc), no burst in fire power (SBS' finisher and discharging mode), no manipulating tricks (Quebeley's invisible funnel, GM Sniper K9's pack, etc). Heck, it CQC weapon is a staple to every kits, too. Beam sabers and knifes.

I think it's fine as it is. A balancing suit.
Old 2014-04-02, 13:17   Link #182
mangakid95
Ghost Team has Maniac. :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
That was how it was shown. We see it has wide range of weaponry from close, mid to long. It also has good speed (winning the racing match), good maneuverability (the GM Sniper K9 match), good power (the battle royal match). However it doesn't have what we call a trick up its sleeve. There is no burst in performance (Transam, Exam, etc), no burst in fire power (SBS' finisher and discharging mode), no manipulating tricks (Quebeley's invisible funnel, GM Sniper K9's pack, etc). Heck, it CQC weapon is a staple to every kits, too. Beam sabers and knifes.

I think it's fine as it is. A balancing suit.
I agree. Though I just have one thing to say about having specialized suit over a balanced one:

As a balanced suit, its perfect for recreational battles, but on a tournament stage or in competitive sport, I wouldn't exactly use it. You always need an ace, not even the best pilots in the world can survive an entire world tournament with a balanced suit. You need some OP trick that ensures that you'd come out from any problem.

The Renato Bros. match was the perfect example why you shouldn't depend on balanced ability & Julian's match was the perfect example why you NEED to have a specialized suit & an ace up your sleeve.

--------------------------
Btw, I'll put this here while I'm at it. I really wanted to see the Sinanju make an appearance in GBF. Its one of my faves from Unicorn, but alas, it was only a dream. T_T Though, since Yuuki is GBF's Char, maybe in a sequel or manga, he'll eventually use it, even if Full Frontal isn't exactly Char himself, but a Char clone, a near perfect one at that.

Last edited by mangakid95; 2014-04-02 at 14:10. Reason: Grammar
mangakid95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 13:52   Link #183
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

Build Strike Cosmos doesn't have that pathetic shield absorb anymore...
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 14:02   Link #184
mangakid95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Build Strike Cosmos doesn't have that pathetic shield absorb anymore...
Wild guess here, so don't hold it to me: the orbs (red & blue) it had orbiting around it are probably generating some kind of Plavsky particle force field that absorbs beam based weaponry & deflects missiles &/or ammunition. So long story short, Absorb shield is obsolete.

K, I know that sounds like a stretch, but when I think about it, that's probably the case. Kinda like when DME's Trans-Am booster was deflecting everything & only that discharge-infused GN sword could've pierced through it.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-04-02, 20:48   Link #185
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Regards the Kampfer and Balance vs speciality - in life, all things have tradeoffs. To be strong in one area, you make sacrifices in another. If you want to be balanced in all areas, you won't excel. As the saying goes, Jack of all trades, master of none.

So you make sacrifices in some aspects to be really strong in others - for instance, Amazing Exia downplays ranged combat to Trans-Am and omnislash things.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 22:38   Link #186
wredsa

13 people voted less than 10 ... blasphemy
wredsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 22:48   Link #187
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by wredsa View Post
13 people voted less than 10 ... blasphemy
Old 2014-04-02, 23:52   Link #188
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Whats this from?
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 00:46   Link #189
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Strawpoll

http://strawpoll.me/1294628
Old 2014-04-03, 01:01   Link #190
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
I agree. Though I just have one thing to say about having specialized suit over a balanced one:

As a balanced suit, its perfect for recreational battles, but on a tournament stage or in competitive sport, I wouldn't exactly use it. You always need an ace, not even the best pilots in the world can survive an entire world tournament with a balanced suit. You need some OP trick that ensures that you'd come out from any problem.

The Renato Bros. match was the perfect example why you shouldn't depend on balanced ability & Julian's match was the perfect example why you NEED to have a specialized suit & an ace up your sleeve.
I don't think this is quite true of the Gunpla World Championships. Note how the qualifiers from the 1st to 8th Periods have all been different, from 4 player free-for-all battles to Battle Royales to 3vs3 teamups and even races. Due to how many of the periods are surprises that aren't revealed at the start, players cannot create suits that are specialized for a particular type of match. A machine suited for 1vs1 duels may not be the best at a free-for-all battle royale, or even racing, or a gunpla that can decimate multiple enemies at once may be outmaneuvered in a duel. Thus, you need suits that can adapt to unexpected types of matches that can be thrown into the Championship qualifiers.

Note how many of the Best 16 machines that made it to the actual preliminaries are general purpose ones: The Kampfer Amazing, the GM K9, the Wing Gundam Fenice etc. Hell, the Star Build Strike itself is a general purpose machine, with its RG system primarily being used to boost its systems and attack power in general. Even the Amazing Exia was not meant to be a specialized machine, but be a general purpose gunpla with Trans-Am as its ace, given that it had weapons for both long range battle and CQC. I also don't think the Renato Brothers match disproved the concept of general purpose machines, if anything it reinforced it given how the K9 was a general purpose suit that could go blow to blow with anything the Kampfer Amazing had.

The only thing missing from the Kampfer Amazing was a power-up gimmick, and that's not really what I'd call "specialization". EXAM, Trans-Am and the RG System are powerups that improve the performance of the machines in general, rather than making them specialized at a particular task.

Finally, Takeshi Iori managed to become second place in an RX-78-2 Gundam, aka the most general purpose Gundam design of all, without any gimmicks or powerups.

On Simple Solutions: "I bought the airline. It seemed neater."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 01:08   Link #191
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

ALso, something I noticed:

Star Build Strike had its rifle busted, and was pretty much down to RG knuckle. So how the heck was Reiji using a beam gun?

Well, look closely at the beam gun he uses. It's one of the Miss Sazabi's weapons.

Aila gave Reiji one of her weapons so he could continue to fight.

[SHIPPING INTENSIFIES]

I believe in miracles.

Old 2014-04-03, 01:58   Link #192
kuroihikari2

The fact that she has Reiji's Beginning already indicates to me that she's in too deep .

Not that I'm complaining lol.
kuroihikari2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 15:56   Link #193
mangakid95

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I don't think this is quite true of the Gunpla World Championships. Note how the qualifiers from the 1st to 8th Periods have all been different, from 4 player free-for-all battles to Battle Royales to 3vs3 teamups and even races. Due to how many of the periods are surprises that aren't revealed at the start, players cannot create suits that are specialized for a particular type of match. A machine suited for 1vs1 duels may not be the best at a free-for-all battle royale, or even racing, or a gunpla that can decimate multiple enemies at once may be outmaneuvered in a duel. Thus, you need suits that can adapt to unexpected types of matches that can be thrown into the Championship qualifiers.

Note how many of the Best 16 machines that made it to the actual preliminaries are general purpose ones: The Kampfer Amazing, the GM K9, the Wing Gundam Fenice etc. Hell, the Star Build Strike itself is a general purpose machine, with its RG system primarily being used to boost its systems and attack power in general. Even the Amazing Exia was not meant to be a specialized machine, but be a general purpose gunpla with Trans-Am as its ace, given that it had weapons for both long range battle and CQC. I also don't think the Renato Brothers match disproved the concept of general purpose machines, if anything it reinforced it given how the K9 was a general purpose suit that could go blow to blow with anything the Kampfer Amazing had.

The only thing missing from the Kampfer Amazing was a power-up gimmick, and that's not really what I'd call "specialization". EXAM, Trans-Am and the RG System are powerups that improve the performance of the machines in general, rather than making them specialized at a particular task.

Finally, Takeshi Iori managed to become second place in an RX-78-2 Gundam, aka the most general purpose Gundam design of all, without any gimmicks or powerups.
You raised a very good point. I can't believe I forgot about the 1th through 7th periods. Yes, I agree that having a balanced suit is ideal for those kinds of events. It'd make complete sense because it'd be able to perfectly adjust to its surroundings & be able to participate in each event without being handicapped or hindered in any way.

When I made my earlier post, I was only focusing on the combat part of the tournament. Balance isn't necessarily a good thing in singles competition. While it would put up a good effort, against a mech that's designed to excel in a particular field or one that has an ace. It'll still most likely lose in the end.

Dude, I have to disagree, SBS is not general purpose. That shit is designed with firepower & raw power in mind. X Mao is designed for long range spam & Fenice is designed for maneuverability. Each combatant that advanced past the prelims each had a particular aspect of their suit that they emphasized.

AmazExia, is designed as an all rounded suit, I agree, but when coupled with its Trans-Am, it clear that close combat & speed were emphasized. In terms of machine potential, AmazExia was definitely the most OP. Its standard stats were higher than all other suits that participated in the tournament (It was keeping up with Julian's F91 that specialized in speed & surpassed it when it activated Trans-Am. It out muscled SBS' rifle discharge & over powered it physically on more than one occasion). SBS only managed to beat it solely based on shonen power & the utter haxness of RG coupled with Discharge.

As to how a standard RX-78 with no visible aces or special features made it to the final? Beats me. Because after seeing all the creativity of the participants of the 7th World tournament, it shouldn't be possible for Takeshi to have made it that far, unless all the participants of his tournament all used standard mechs at the time.

^Sounds legit since gunpla battle was now getting an upstart & creativity didn't really start rolling until a few years later.
Old 2014-04-03, 18:23   Link #194
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

In the Manga, Takeshi's Rx-78 shown to have SIGNIFICANT increase of mobility and defense without changing it's outer appearance
Old 2014-04-04, 04:04   Link #195
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

If he could do that with an RX-78-2, explains why he's in the Banned from Tourney Tier along with Ral and Chinan, lol.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2014-04-04, 09:26   Link #196
Death Usagi
Death by Re

Since when were they banned? =w=
Old 2014-04-04, 09:29   Link #197
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

It's a joke, similar to what happened when a character so powerful that you're not allowed to use it in competitive play. (Card games, pokemon, smash bros etc)

If Takeshi, Ral, or Chinan participate, there's literally no chance of everyone in the cast to win the world tournament.
Old 2014-04-04, 11:22   Link #198
hamazura
Eugeo Fangay

yea ral and chinan is basically much stronger than current participant if they are serious