AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Gundam Build Fighters - Episode 25 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 61 80.26%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 14.47%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 2.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.63%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-03-31, 06:40   Link #21
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

If the finale leaves you begging for more, then you know it has been a great series.

Spoiler for 10/10:

Noooo I guess there's no room for season 2 then

Seems like the final episode is getting a lot of perfect ratings, not that I'm complaining HAHA
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 06:43   Link #22
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
If the finale leaves you begging for more, then you know it has been a great series.

Spoiler for 10/10:
Spoiler for Aila:

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 06:52   Link #23
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

This was the perfect ending for this show. Everything this show represented, having fun, enjoying what you love, it was all right there.

One of the best Gundam show for how much love it has shown to Gundam fans.
Old 2014-03-31, 06:54   Link #24
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Spoiler for Aila:
OH YEAH I TOTALLY FORGOT.

I must have been as dim-witted as Reiji..

But her Plavsky necklace was still glowing.. Does that mean they can find some way to return?

*cross fingers*
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 07:00   Link #25
liemtodaisu

Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
OH YEAH I TOTALLY FORGOT.

I must have been as dim-witted as Reiji..

But her Plavsky necklace was still glowing.. Does that mean they can find some way to return?

*cross fingers*
Reiji's a prince, so he might get the crystal and come back to have a match with Sei. They made a promise after all.
liemtodaisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 07:00   Link #26
tsunade666

darn. simply the best ending of gundam I ever watched. EVERYONE GOT HAPPY ENDING!!!!

even mashita and baker-chan got happy ending love the ending with Aila and Reiji. Though I wish they could expand more on Arian. I wish to see the reaction of Reiji's family when Aila comes with him

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 07:02   Link #27
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Looks like someone managed to make to the party

Old 2014-03-31, 07:03   Link #28
Kamui04

So Arian, as speculated early in the series is inside a colony XD

This episode was 10/10. Pretty satisfied with the ending but still craving more!
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 07:24   Link #29
Blazer-X

This episode... just this episode. They pulled off just about everything they could cram in into one episode. Rinascita, Crossbone, and Miss Sazabi in action! Master and Perfect Gundam! GOUF! Build Mk II Build Strike combo! AND OMFG, ITS AMAZING EXIA REPAIR!!! The Exia fanboy in me totally lost it when that showed up.

And then we have the bittersweet ending. In a more serious series, Reiji would have been separated from Sei forever. But this is Build Fighters, damnit! There are no deaths and permanent consequences (even Mashita doesn't seem to be doing that bad in the ending). And for a light series like this, its exactly what we need. No need to drag out the drama more than we need to. Yes, Reiji is leaving, but its heavily implied that he can always return, as opposed to other series where that's usually left ambiguous for drama. But regardless, Sei and him still get to say their proper goodbyes before moving on.

That said, I was a little iffy on Sei suddenly becoming just as good as Reiji in Gunpla battle. Arguably even better considering that he was about to deal Yuuki the final blow, something Reiji himself never got the chance to do. I mean, yes, Episode 23 showed us Sei's potential as a fighter, but to suddenly hit Reiji's level despite having barely battled? Part of me like it because it shows Sei's growth. But the other side felt that it was kind of shoe-horned in to fill the gap for Sei's dependence on Reiji now that he's leaving. Well, no need to be that critical of a light-hearted series, I guess.

And of course, the final moment in Arian is arguably one of my favorite. The whole time Sei and Reiji were saying goodbye, I was wondering "BUT WHAT ABOUT AILA!? NOOO, DON'T LEAVE HER BEHIND! AT LEAST LET HER SAY GOODBYE!" Cue her handing Reiji's Beginning Gundam back to him... in Arian! Yes, I do believe Arian just got a new Princess.

This is easily one of the most fun Gundam series I've watched in a while. The story writing was pretty amazing (A-MEIJIN!). Despite a bit of over-simplifications here and there (like Sei's sudden mountain of skills), it really did a good job portraying the main characters' growth. The battles were well-animated and choreographed. And of course, the romance made some of the best written couples in Gundam history.

I certainly would not mind if Sunrise revisits the series at a later time, although a part of me does wonder: With the way they left things off for Sei, is there still any more left for him to grow?
Blazer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 07:28   Link #30
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazer-X View Post
I certainly would not mind if Sunrise revisits the series at a later time, although a part of me does wonder: With the way they left things off for Sei, is there still any more left for him to grow?
Who says a future GBF title needs to focus on Sei though? Given how expansive Gunpla Battle is, they can have completely new characters on the hotseat, with secondary appearances and cameos by the old cast, like how Zeta Gundam was to MSG. There's more Gundams, mobile suits and characters to be cameod!

Speaking of cameos, we saw the Leo (split second) getting destroyed by Gyan Vulcan, the 0 Gundam and the Gundam Sandrock in this episode, sweet!

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 07:29   Link #31
Zephyron
Randomly Dropping By

The next series would probably focus on different characters, but given that this is a fanservice + celebration series of sorts (I think), it's unlikely they'll do another one too soon

Also, I see that Setsuna made a cameo appearance in the final moments of the show o3o

Sneaky
Spoiler for Show timing:
Zephyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 07:34   Link #32
hamazura
Eugeo Fangay

ral > everyone
Old 2014-03-31, 07:41   Link #33
Raso

I don't think Sei's growth was too sudden really. He was shown piloting the Mk II during the 3 man squad round of the turny and didn't lose and last episode he was fighting Reiji to a standstill.

His weakness was he loved the things he built too much to let them get damaged and the progressive hotblooded-ness thoughout the show and the lines like 'whatever happens I will fix the gunpla' type attitude gained from fighting Yuuki and other fighters helped out a lot.
Raso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 07:58   Link #34
bio9205
Reborn

Fantastic ending to a great show. Loved every bit of it.

I have a question, though: Wasn't the Arista crystal destroyed, so that Gunpla battle couldn't be played anymore? How were they playing it again a year later for the next competition?
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 08:00   Link #35
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raso View Post
I don't think Sei's growth was too sudden really. He was shown piloting the Mk II during the 3 man squad round of the turny and didn't lose and last episode he was fighting Reiji to a standstill.
Suddenly isn't the right word, but let say they spend too little time to demonstrate Sei's growth, and it's hard to be accepted by some.
Old 2014-03-31, 08:12   Link #36
Blazer-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Suddenly isn't the right word, but let say they spend too little time to demonstrate Sei's growth, and it's hard to be accepted by some.
Yeah, this might be a bit more accurate. Sei's growth has been alluded to as early as episode 15, when Fellini mentioned how his abilities as a builder was awakened due to getting the chance to battle alongside Reiji.

But we never got much on Sei's emergence as a fighter until episode 23. Suddenly, he could fight Reiji to a standstill while using a superior Gunpla. Remember, this is the same guy that fought off 5 different Gunplas using a Ball, so fighting a superior Gunpla shouldn't be a problem for him unless his opponent was near his skill level. Also, even if Sei played during the three-on-three round, he basically just stood there and left the battle to Mercurius for defense and X-Maoh for offense. So to suddenly have him dodge left and right and even nearly beating Yuuki while both of them are using last-resort repairs seems like either it was shoe-horned in at the end or they didn't spend enough time developing this subplot.
Old 2014-03-31, 08:14   Link #37
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

^
Sorta like when Yugi beating Yami Yugi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Fantastic ending to a great show. Loved every bit of it.

I have a question, though: Wasn't the Arista crystal destroyed, so that Gunpla battle couldn't be played anymore? How were they playing it again a year later for the next competition?
In the ending, it is shown that Nils and Caroline have managed to recreate the plavsky
Old 2014-03-31, 08:19   Link #38
Blazer-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
^
Sorta like when Yugi beating Yami Yugi
You know what, that was actually my EXACT thoughts when I was watching the sequence. Of course, Sei did not actually fight Reiji, just merely took over the fight against Yuuki.

Part of me was wondering if Yuuki realized that he was basically fighting Sei alone at the end. But they never bothered to show his reaction outside of Reiji teleporting away.
Old 2014-03-31, 08:24   Link #39
BluePhirePB

GAH I have to wait until tonight to watch it (at work). By the sounds of things, this was a pretty epic/satisfying ending!
BluePhirePB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 08:36   Link #40
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

That was a very satisfying final episode. The fortress battle, the sheer insanity of Chinan and Ral tag team, and the tearful farewell between Sei and Reiji. It's like Yu-Gi-Oh!, we know it will end with them separating and the Sei/Yugi will grow stronger from here.

It has been a very great series. I had little to no hope when this series was announced, but now, I love every moment of it. I will miss this series a lot. I hope a sequel will be made with the same level of writings.

Thank you Gundam Build Fighters!