AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-04-09, 10:30   Link #61
ronin myael
lost ronin
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: in the recesses of my convoluted mind...
that was one badass chapter odacchi! thank you!

usopp becoming god, sabo eating the mera mera no mi, doffy being alive after getting his head sliced off - just plain awesome!
__________________
"Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly."~ Neil Gaiman (The Sandman)
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 10:37   Link #62
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksta760 View Post
lol. that was pretty awesome. But i must say the difference between Usopp-sama lol and Buggy is that Usopp stood his ground and took the beating of a life for a good cause whereas Buggy has always coward away hahaha.
Thus we can conclude Ussop > Buggy .

Hopefully now that Buggy has become a warlord, he has finally changed for better .
__________________
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 11:06   Link #63
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Inside your heart...
Age: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to Poetic Justice
It's funny how we see so many developments all of a sudden in one chapter, damn!
__________________
http://img217.imageshack.us/i/clipboard01vt.jpg
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 11:19   Link #64
coded321
He Who Games
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: the virtual world
Wait where does it say that there is no new chapter next week?
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 11:29   Link #65
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
Wait where does it say that there is no new chapter next week?
Second to last page. In the raw at least. By the way, there won't be a chapter after the next one either because of Golden week.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 11:32   Link #66
ranchan13
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I honestly can't help but wonder if Sabo will be revealed to be a D. as well.
__________________
Combat
ELEment
STrategic
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 11:36   Link #67
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Inside your heart...
Age: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to Poetic Justice
So 2 week break? Title should be fixed to reflect that.
__________________
http://img217.imageshack.us/i/clipboard01vt.jpg
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 11:53   Link #68
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
So 2 week break? Title should be fixed to reflect that.
No, it's a break next week...then we'll get a chapter two weeks from now and then another break the week after.
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 11:56   Link #69
Altes
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
It was obvious that Oda wouldn't bring Sabo back only to have him fail at obtaining Ace's fruit... but I still hoped Rebecca would eat it instead. Oh well. But it's not a bad thing. It looks like Rebecca is meant to be a pure person that never kills or hurts anyone (both times she tried to do so, she got roflstomped, as if it was some karmic punishment). Queen material?

Sabo is a goddamn monster, definitely stronger than Luffy, but certainly not Admiral or Yonko level as some people imagine him to be. Whitebeard was Admiral level. Shanks most likely is, too. I seriously doubt Sabo is anywhere near them in terms of strength. But I daresay he's somewhere close to Mihawk, or will be once he masters the Mera Mera no Mi.

The arc is reaching its end. Most of its subplots are resolved: toys are humans (and animals) again, Ace's fruit is eaten, the SMILE factory is as good as gone with all those powerhouses nearby... all that remains is to rescue Manshelly and Kanjuro, and then defeat Doflamingo.
Altes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 12:58   Link #70
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Unseen Horizon
Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Looks like Dofla will know the existence of the Revolutionary Army now in Dressrosa
__________________

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 13:38   Link #71
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Somewhere
Not sure if this is the best place for this, but I know it's been discussed before and I'm still wondering... There's too big a coincidence for the revolutionaries, big mom, and (potentially) kaido all being in dressrosa all at once...

Yes everything from the past arc was broadcasted around the new world, and yes the mera mera no mi was being offered, but I can't shake the feeling that that was the only reason the big names congregated.

Does anyone have any theories about the relationship between the revolutionaries and everyone else? I'm sure we'll get the info post arc, which will fuel the next arc, but it's fun to hypothesize.

Maybe I'm reading too far into it though, or missed something
__________________
Bari_Phillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 14:45   Link #72
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altes View Post
It was obvious that Oda wouldn't bring Sabo back only to have him fail at obtaining Ace's fruit... but I still hoped Rebecca would eat it instead. Oh well. But it's not a bad thing. It looks like Rebecca is meant to be a pure person that never kills or hurts anyone (both times she tried to do so, she got roflstomped, as if it was some karmic punishment). Queen material?

Sabo is a goddamn monster, definitely stronger than Luffy, but certainly not Admiral or Yonko level as some people imagine him to be. Whitebeard was Admiral level. Shanks most likely is, too. I seriously doubt Sabo is anywhere near them in terms of strength. But I daresay he's somewhere close to Mihawk, or will be once he masters the Mera Mera no Mi.

The arc is reaching its end. Most of its subplots are resolved: toys are humans (and animals) again, Ace's fruit is eaten, the SMILE factory is as good as gone with all those powerhouses nearby... all that remains is to rescue Manshelly and Kanjuro, and then defeat Doflamingo.
i would think whitebeard and shanks are stronger than the admirals
__________________
khoa1708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 14:53   Link #73
The Small One
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Germany
What I wonder: The revolutionaries said, that they were sending a lot of people to Dressrosa to investigate, but noone returned.
But how could they know, that they were missing people, if nobody remembers those, who were turned into toys?
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 15:01   Link #74
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Crap...! I forgot to mention that there's a break next week. Well, thanks to whoever mod it was that added that info to the thread title!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Veviticus View Post
Eh, marco was the first division commander, unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying.
I guess I'm just saying that Marco seemed to be more of a right-hand man to Whitebeard than Ace did. He's one of the commanders with the most seniority (alongside Jozu and Vista), and he was the one who pretty much took command of the whole crew after Whitebeard's death, anyway. So yeah, I'd say he's the #2 in the WB crew due to being one of the most experienced commanders, is what I'm saying.


.....Which also makes it interesting to see the criticisms about Sabo apparently being Dragon's right-hand man. But I don't have as big an issue with that since, compared to Ace's tenure as a pirate, Sabo should have MUCH more experience as a revolutionary (plus, he would've had other elites looking after him like Kuma, Ivankov, Inazuma, etc.).



Quote:
Originally Posted by unameit View Post
So now curos used his sword to cut the king chain, means he can cut it after all..

Just because Law's chains were made of sea stone doesn't mean that the king's chains were. Also, it's Kyros, people. It's clearly a Greek-style name (which those early-bird translators apparently fail to understand).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Secondly, while it was inevitable that he would eat the mera mera fruit, I was disappointed he used Ace's signature attack. Hopefully, that was just a one-time thing to honor Ace and he's later going to incorporate his DF abilities into his own fighting style instead of becoming a clone of Ace.

I see no reason why he would abandon his previous fighting style just because he got the fruit power. Hell, his tournament performance proved that he's plenty strong enough without relying on it. I mean, did CP9 abandon Rokushiki despite most of them having fruit powers?!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I was also annoyed that Usopp gained his followers in that fashion. It's Buggy all over again. I would have liked him to ear their respect thanks to his own merits. It was 100% luck he defeated Sugar.

And Buggy TOTALLY earned that Shichibukai title through great skill and ingenuity, amirite?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
You must understand that Ussop is nothing more than a good comical relief at this point of stage of the manga and will be even more so later on.

Also Zoro and Sanji will become less and less important.

There is simply no more room for them left as power houses are gathered together at one place.

Why would members of the main freaking cast become "less and less" important, hmmm?


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
What I wonder: The revolutionaries said, that they were sending a lot of people to Dressrosa to investigate, but noone returned.
But how could they know, that they were missing people, if nobody remembers those, who were turned into toys?

They probably kept records or something of the people they sent to investigate Dressrosa. And besides, at this point in time, everyone has their memories back anyway, so it really shouldn't matter anymore, right?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 15:36   Link #75
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I LOVE the idea of all of ussop's lies coming true, like him having 10,000 followers. But, i am a bit annoyed with the messiah like worship they are giving ussop, though mostly because Buggy already did it first... Oda is basically telling the same joke twice and its not as funny the second time. Though atleast its possible on the plus side, ussop's followers might be a lot less delusional than Buggy's.

Buggy's followers think he is something great and legendary, where as Ussop's followers seem like they have reason to know he's NOT a legendary power house. They are just thankfully he stood up, fought for them, and was ultimately successful (even if it was an accident)... Though that too also becomes a reason why i don't like the religious worship; it makes the followers seem delusional as buggy's(in which case i'm wrong about that "plus side").

I'd rather they follow ussop and/or promise to come and help him and the strawhats when he needs it, for no other reason than them being thankful for being saved, not because they think he's the "messiah". I'd rather they follow ussop with the mentality that they know he's a weakling and a compulsive liar, but understand that doesn't change what he did for them and they WILL thank him. Instead of being delusional like buggy's followers, they become followers for more earnest reasons.

Quote:
What I wonder: The revolutionaries said, that they were sending a lot of people to Dressrosa to investigate, but noone returned.
But how could they know, that they were missing people, if nobody remembers those, who were turned into toys?
In addition to what Marvel said about them keeping records, its also possible that Koala has compared notes with Hack. They sent people to investigate before, but once they were transformed, they were forgotten about and thus they didn't even realize they were missing; that's why the factory remained hidden for so long because they didn't even remember they sent someone to investigate... however now that their memories are back and Hack has told her about the toys, they NOW know that they sent a lot of people who ended up disappearing.
__________________

Last edited by Slayerx; 2014-04-09 at 21:16.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 15:54   Link #76
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
I LOVE the idea of all of ussop's lies coming true, like him having 10,000 followers. But, i am a bit annoyed with the messiah like worship they are giving ussop, though mostly because Buggy already did it first... Oda is basically telling the same joke twice and its not as funny the second time. Though atleast its possible on the plus side, ussop's followers might be a lot less delusional than Buggy's.

Buggy's followers think he is something great and legendary, where as Ussop's followers seem like they have reason to know he's NOT a legendary power house. They are just thankfully he stood up, fought for them, and was ultimately successful (even if it was an accident)... Though that too also becomes a reason why i don't like the religious worship; it makes the followers seem delusional as buggy's(in which case i'm wrong about that "plus side").

I'd rather they follow ussop and/or promise to come and help him and the strawhats when he needs it, for no other reason than them being thankful for being saved, not because they think he's the "messiah". I'd rather they follow ussop with the mentality that they know he's a weakling and a compulsive liar, but understand that doesn't change what he did for them and they WILL thank him. Instead of being delusional like buggy's followers, they become followers for more earnest reasons.
Can you judge people who were aware of being mind controlled by some mad men and being forgotten by the world? And that for 10 years? Some of them lived 10% or more of their lives in that pitable form. Having someone save them finally must make them really happy and it doesn't seem strange if those people regard Usopp as a "messiah" for saving them from a fate worse than death. Though regarding those who were only turned a few hours or a few days ago, you are right.
__________________
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 20:06   Link #77
imza
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
I was re-reading the chapter and I'm wondering why Law was not accepting Luffy's help? He does not seem like the type to let his pride get the better of him. I wonder if Law had something else planned or is genuinely concerned about Luffy and wanted him to stay away?
imza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 20:36   Link #78
Iamis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
I have to agree with GreyZone It would be hard to judge people who spent 10 years as toys for regarding Ussop as a messiah, But I guess those who were turned into toys a few hours ago are thankful enough that they were saved from that same fate, also considering they were put to work almost immediately and treated like trash/slaves I guess it wouldn't be too surprising

completely off topic but did anyone else get reminded of Albedo from xenosaga when Doflamingo was talking through his severed head?
Iamis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 21:15   Link #79
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Can you judge people who were aware of being mind controlled by some mad men and being forgotten by the world? And that for 10 years? Some of them lived 10% or more of their lives in that pitable form. Having someone save them finally must make them really happy and it doesn't seem strange if those people regard Usopp as a "messiah" for saving them from a fate worse than death. Though regarding those who were only turned a few hours or a few days ago, you are right.
There's a difference between treating someone as a great hero, and treating them like they are the second coming of Christ.

But putting that aside, my main issues with the situation is NOT that I think it does not make sense... First, there's fact that's it was already done before by Buggy; its the same joke again, and i find it less funny the second time around. If buggy didn't already pull this stunt, i'd probably enjoy it a lot more. Second, is that Ussop being treated like a messiah feels like it undercuts his own achievements. Better he be treated like the hero that he IS, rather than the hero they PRETEND he is.
__________________
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 22:50   Link #80
Tommy
Mr. Prince
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altes View Post
It was obvious that Oda wouldn't bring Sabo back only to have him fail at obtaining Ace's fruit... but I still hoped Rebecca would eat it instead. Oh well. But it's not a bad thing. It looks like Rebecca is meant to be a pure person that never kills or hurts anyone (both times she tried to do so, she got roflstomped, as if it was some karmic punishment). Queen material?
I think it would have been wasted on Rebecca. I can't see her character adding anything to the story after this arc. To me it was really down to Sabo and Burgess and in a way I think it would of made things a little more interesting if the antagonist got the fruit. Especially a long lasting one from Blackbeard's crew.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.