AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2014-04-09, 22:53   Link #81
msg

I am so so so glad Sabo get the mera-mera fruit instead of Rebecca.Thank you Oda.It makes more sense for Sabo to have that fruit instead of Rebecca even though he turns out to be that quite "powerful".He deserve it more than anyone else other than luffy.
I was also thinking maybe Sabo just moved up the ranks to 2nd quite recently during the pre/post marineford saga? thats why Ace and luffy doesn 't know about Sabo.They thought Sabo was dead all along until now...Maybe Ivankoff was to busy ruling his island kingdom of okamas and decided to pass the baton to Sabo.

I'm stoke that Sabo finally become a true dragon after fire phoenix Ace. (wait marco was a phoenix right? what animal theme Ace suppose to represent? if any?)

Last edited by msg; 2014-04-10 at 00:07. Reason: lol
msg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 23:46   Link #82
yakumo-chan

List of Usopp lies becomes the truth:

1. Pirates are attacking the village (chap 23). Kuro's army really attacking.
2. A giant goldfish with poop as large as an island. (chap 24). Dorry and Broggy confirmed it.
3. Country of Dwarf (chap 24). Dressrosa arc confirmed it.
4. Wanted to see a huge mole in Kaya's mansion (chap 24). Fight with mrs. Merry Christmast.
5. A cerberus (chap 40). Actual cerberus in Thriller Bark Arc. Check.
6. Same with no.5 this time A dragon (chap 40). Actual Dragon in Punk Hazard.
7. Claimed Luffy's first bounty is his (chap 114). Got his first bounty at 30 million Berry.
8. Usopp is an expert in sniping (chap 42). Birth of Sogeking. Check.
9. A beautiful swordswoman has come with meat (chap 458). Rebecca.
10. Has 8 thousand followers (chap 72, 185, and 332). Well, the Elbaf warrior, the dwarves, and all the toys that become humans again.

Yet to come:
11. He said to his dying mother that there is a magical medicine in other parts of the sea that can cure every disease (chap 41). Maybe Chopper will found it later in Raftel or somewhere.
12. Call the shop owner an alien (chap 40). Well, I believe it's a forecast for Enel's returns.
Old 2014-04-09, 23:47   Link #83
WiliamZ0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
What a great chapter.
Funny how Law told Luffy to not free him, because they would be enemies again.

Doffy surviving was clearly expected, though I really hoped he would indeed be dead. Would have been a so perfectly anti-climatic death.

I wonder what Zoro is doing. Did he let the stoneman escape, or was he beaten?
Zoro still alive and not beaten at all, it's Peka who's escape. It not like Zoro letting Peeka escape, still he need to chase the stone man and since his 'direction' kinda mess up we might see him in several next chapter XD
WiliamZ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 00:33   Link #84
Rainbowman

Just finished seeing Captain America: The Winter Soldier. This chapter is very epic. I'm guessing there's no chapter next week because of the Goldenweek holiday.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 01:28   Link #85
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post

I wonder what Zoro is doing. Did he let the stoneman escape, or was he beaten?
He got lost in the maze Pika made . Probably still trying to find where he went lol.
Old 2014-04-10, 01:51   Link #86
schedmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Just finished seeing Captain America: The Winter Soldier. This chapter is very epic. I'm guessing there's no chapter next week because of the Goldenweek holiday.
Not exactly, One Piece is on hiatus for next week's issue. The new chapter of One Piece will come out the week after the hiatus in the double issue w/ a color spread page I think. Then the week after that, all Weekly Shonen Jump manga will be on break because of Golden Week (April 29 - May 5).
schedmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 02:57   Link #87
grey_1960
Baby 5

Chapter 744
It will be interesting to see what Bird cage is. Ussope is the definition of a miracle. With his luck the bounty will be 551 million. With Pica near Daflamingo's side does this mean that Zoro will get someone new to fight? The fighting is switching up a lot and there is not a single fight that last long at all. Every time a fight starts it ends with no winner or it is one sided. So far in this whole arch Zoro, Admiral Fujitori, Luffy, Daflamingo, and Sabo are the only ones that have not been pushed aside like amateurs.

Sabo
That was a good chapter. I am glad Sabo was able to retrieve Ace's legacy. In the distant future it should be interesting how Sabo uses the Mera Mera No Mi. For right now he is limited and needs to stick with his normal fighting style and haki. Even with out the Mera Mera No Mi he should be more then enough for Admiral Fujitori. Has for his rank it is no surprise that he second in command. He is after all Luffy's adopted brother and Dragon(The father of Luffy) is the leader of the revolutionary. I would like to see Sabo vs. Fleet Admiral Akainu, once Sabo masters his Logia. It would be interesting to see if devil fruit superiority would still play a big role in the fight? Sabo has brains, haki, great fighter, and he is logia. Very powerful combination. It is sad that Ace only had two of the four.

Leader
Daflamingo is sure hard one to kill. It makes me think that he might just survive this arch. I will say this Daflamingo is a very good leader, strong, smart, and has one hell of an organization. If it weren't for this set back i would say he could be considered a Yonkou. He had guy in the Marines (Vice Admiral Vergo), his own WG scientist(CC), two Shichibukai(Law and himself), Sugars ability, devil fruit operation, weapon supplier too major waring countries, his own country (Dressrosa), he himself was a former Celetial Dragon, Contacts in CP0, access to WG assets and information, ability to get devil fruits (Meri Meri No Mi), a very weird but strong devil fruit power, King Haki, big in the underworld market, hidden factories in the new world (punk hazard, Dressrosa, etc), deals with Yonkou, and very good business man. This guy is either into everything or has everything. He is a worthy opponent and a very smart one. Akoiji was right about the kind of threat this man was to the Marines and WG. Could you imagine a fifth Yonkou, but only this time he within the WG. Daflamingo is the worst kinda of enemy you can have. He is the one you don't know.

Kaidou
With everyone sending informants and spies to Dressrosa, I am surprised Kaidou does not have spies or watch dogs keeping on eye on his investments. Everyone (Big Mama, WG, Cipher Pole, Black Beard, Revolutionary, Marines, and etc) seem to have an idea of what going on and Kaidou has been a no show almost this whole arch? Maybe he will get the clue when his zoan army is goes through withdrawals. Either way I find it weird that of all the powerful groups that are involved he is the only one that is not there. Besides Daflamingo he has a lot at stake.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 03:21   Link #88
AdventSleeper

all hail the ussop jesus

Definitely my favorite part of the chapter!
AdventSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 03:46   Link #89
Mazkoom

Send a message via MSN to Mazkoom Send a message via Skype™ to Mazkoom
Sabo was very strong even before he ate the Mera Mera. How strong is he now? I think not less than an Admiral Level.. That Armament Haki of his was so powerful that he could fight on par with Burgess. So, Adding the Mera Mera power to that haki is just insane.
Mazkoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 04:31   Link #90
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

I'd like to see Sabo fight Akainu and lose...only for Luffy to actually have the strength to save his brothers life this time around
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 07:39   Link #91
ri0

Location: Where everything is dangerous - I'm starting to like this place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
There's a difference between treating someone as a great hero, and treating them like they are the second coming of Christ.

But putting that aside, my main issues with the situation is NOT that I think it does not make sense... First, there's fact that's it was already done before by Buggy; its the same joke again, and i find it less funny the second time around. If buggy didn't already pull this stunt, i'd probably enjoy it a lot more. Second, is that Ussop being treated like a messiah feels like it undercuts his own achievements. Better he be treated like the hero that he IS, rather than the hero they PRETEND he is.
I feel the same. It would have been much cooler, if Usopp had been treated as the hero who rescued them out of their misery, instead of this over the top scenario with him being a messiah.
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 08:13   Link #92
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
To me it was really down to Sabo and Burgess and in a way I think it would of made things a little more interesting if the antagonist got the fruit. Especially a long lasting one from Blackbeard's crew.
Minor setback for the Blackbeard pirates. The fire fruit is good, but there are better ones out there. I imagine that the phoenix and diamond abilities are on Blackbeard's hit list.
Old 2014-04-10, 08:44   Link #93
Veviticus

Prediction: Doflamingo controls enough people on the island to cause chaos so he and his crew can escape to another island. Maybe the island that manufactures weapons. There's nothing left on dressrosa to fight for since the factory will be destroyed, and there's no chance of defeating every enemy and citizens to retake the country. The only thing left for doflamingo to do is to make a hasty retreat.
Old 2014-04-10, 09:13   Link #94
imza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Minor setback for the Blackbeard pirates. The fire fruit is good, but there are better ones out there. I imagine that the phoenix and diamond abilities are on Blackbeard's hit list.
Perhaps but psychologically it would have been important against Luffy if the BB pirates even took Ace's fruit.
imza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 09:15   Link #95
Breimoon

and kaidou will start hunting him too soon enough
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 09:41   Link #96
unameit

This chapter still didn't reveal why dolfa let his head chopped off and how he survived.. curious..
unameit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 10:06   Link #97
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
And Buggy TOTALLY earned that Shichibukai title through great skill and ingenuity, amirite?
When did I imply otherwise? I even said the situation is the same as for Buggy, which is precisely what irks me. The problem here is that Buggy did it first, Usopp is just a pale imitation of the real God of Pirates. It was funny the first time around with Buggy, but pulling the same stuff once again is a bit lame.

Besides, Buggy is a joke character. I take Usopp, a main character, more seriously.
Old 2014-04-10, 16:03   Link #98
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
When did I imply otherwise? I even said the situation is the same as for Buggy, which is precisely what irks me. The problem here is that Buggy did it first, Usopp is just a pale imitation of the real God of Pirates. It was funny the first time around with Buggy, but pulling the same stuff once again is a bit lame.

Besides, Buggy is a joke character. I take Usopp, a main character, more seriously.
This is a very fitting defeat for the brat though.She's a little kid,it's either get someone overpowered to 1hko her,or do it this way,since I don't imagine she has any real fighting capabilities,so Trebol was the only threat.
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 16:49   Link #99
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

Buggy.... is indeed the God of Pirates.

Usopp, on the other hand..... is the God of Liars.

In a way, that makes the both of them sort of like kindred spirits, does it not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Even with out the Mera Mera No Mi he should be more then enough for Admiral Fujitori.

Sabo won't be stronger than a bloody admiral. But I'll at least concede that he'll probably be a closer match to them than the current Luffy....

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
This is a very fitting defeat for the brat though.She's a little kid,it's either get someone overpowered to 1hko her,or do it this way,since I don't imagine she has any real fighting capabilities,so Trebol was the only threat.
Actually, it's been implied that age-wise, Sugar isn't really a little kid. Somehow, her hobby fruit made her body stop aging. So she's sorta kinda similar to Jewelry Bonney or something, I guess.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 17:08   Link #100
imza

Quote:
Sabo won't be stronger than a bloody admiral. But I'll at least concede that he'll probably be a closer match to them than the current Luffy....
Not all admirals are created equal. I think Sabo is very much admiral level after eating the fruit, maybe even before. He is second in command of Dragon, that in itself says a lot but we also saw Sabo handle Burgess with ease . Of course he's probably not up to taking on Akainu but he probably could match one of the other admirals, depending on how their powers/fighting style is matched.
imza is offline   Reply With Quote