AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2014-04-23, 03:26   Link #41
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

woaaahh...

now let's predict whose head would be mentioned by Doflamingo...

finally we could see Sabo and Luffy fight side-by-side

another question is how Marine going to react over this?

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 03:33   Link #42
Diablerie

The Doflamingo v Luffy clash was interesting, wow Doffy's OP though. Luffy is gonna definitely need some help from Sabo, Law or Kyros on this one. Still, looks like he's gonna be far more challenging than Hody, Caesar and Chinjao, happy for Luffy to finally have a difficult opponent in the New World.

This is gonna be a reaaaally long arc apparently, I think we've moved from New World's Alabasta to New World's Skypeia with the whole hunting game thing...

It was really stupid to include Fujitora in the birdcage. He's basically attacking an Admiral just to keep Kaidou happy, that's absolutely crazy.
Diablerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 03:47   Link #43
crimsinking

@diablerie well i was thinking the same thing, if fujitora really is stuck inside that cage then hes not really admiral lvl but i doubt it, fuji will have something to do with the destruction of the cage
crimsinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 04:08   Link #44
Diablerie

Ohhh snap, just remembered - isn't Zoro still in the castle? That's gonna be interesting.
Diablerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 04:19   Link #45
crimsinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablerie View Post
Ohhh snap, just remembered - isn't Zoro still in the castle? That's gonna be interesting.
judgeing from the ppl thrown out hes still inside so im probablly assuming hes gonna kick peekas a** so the others can sneak inside
Old 2014-04-23, 05:06   Link #46
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Zoro's horrible sense of direction....possibly helping to save the day!

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 05:15   Link #47
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Didn't really like the string clone, but the bounty game does sound very interesting! I wonder Dofla is going to name (besides the obvious ones such as Luffy's crew, king Riku and Violet). And who will actually turn against them rather than helping to defeat Doflamingo?

Also, what's up with all the haxx powers at work here? Dofla with his string clone, birdcage, mass parasite. Sugar's toy/memory power. Pica's control of rock.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 05:26   Link #48
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Send a message via Skype™ to Poetic Justice
So why did Robin never tell Luffy that Sabo is alive? They really mishandled her character unless there's some bs excuse given.
Old 2014-04-23, 05:39   Link #49
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
So why did Robin never tell Luffy that Sabo is alive? They really mishandled her character unless there's some bs excuse given.
I have my qualm with this too but maybe Sabo didn't tell Robin that he knows Luffy and maybe Robin didn't feel the need to tell Luffy about the Revolutionary Army since Luffy doesn't really care about those details Hopefully this will be answer in the next chapter or so.
Kopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 05:41   Link #50
Altes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Maybe Sabo simply asked Robin not to tell Luffy, cause he wanted to meet Luffy again and make it a surprise.
Altes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 06:36   Link #51
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

or maybe because Robin didn't know that Sabo is Luffy's childhood friend / brother

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 07:00   Link #52
imza

I thought we had two chapters this week? No double issue?
imza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 07:07   Link #53
ri0

Location: Where everything is dangerous - I'm starting to like this place
What an awesome chapter! Makes Bleach and Naruto look so stupid - again

Last edited by ri0; 2014-04-23 at 10:38.
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 07:51   Link #54
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinking View Post
But anyway just read the chapter and i am now positive that doffys df is nothing more than the greatest haxxxxxxxx in one piece, i mean in marineford he was able to control someone as strong as jjozu and in this arc we find out that he can control an entire army and now he can cover an entire island in sharp strings like really? Is it stamina consuming like law or just od haxxxx,
You really think so? Notice how the strongest fighters (i.e. Luffy, Law, Sabo, Fujitora, etc.) don't appear to be "puppeteered" yet. There are probably certain conditions that have to be met to control someone so easily. As hax as Doflamingo may appear to be, there WILL be things to exploit. It's just a matter of figuring out his abilities first, and then his beatdown will commence.
Old 2014-04-23, 08:05   Link #55
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

who else think dofla's powers are so hax?
attack with strings, make clones, control people with strings, control an ENTIRE island with strings, cover the entire island in strings, can travel through clouds with string... i mean what else can he do next? make devil fruits with strings?!

Last edited by khoa1708; 2014-04-23 at 08:27.
khoa1708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 09:15   Link #56
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
attack with strings, make clones, control people with strings, control an ENTIRE island with strings, cover the entire island in strings, can travel through clouds with string... i mean what else can he do next? make devil fruits with strings?!
DF power limit is as hax and abstract as Oda's imagination
I mean, I still think ope-ope no mi or hobi-hobi no mi (and some other fruits) and how they work are b*llshit...

but they are needed for the story, at least Oda thinks it that way

correct me, but there is no jump for next week right?
golden week break or something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by imza View Post
I thought we had two chapters this week? No double issue?
double issue as if one issue for two weeks, not two issues in one week
Old 2014-04-23, 09:30   Link #57
crimsinking

you know what i really h8 about doffy is that hes so confident in himself, in marineford he wasnt even scratched, he pwned smoker and when akoji told him to stop he still went for the attack and wasnt even fazed by the fact that an admiral was standing in his way, then in dressrosa he pwned law and then again attacked fujitora with a kick, hes just so damned arrogent
Old 2014-04-23, 09:32   Link #58
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Doflamingo is getting really desperate. This whole bounty hunter game isn't going to work. The only people who will play along with this are those too weak (both in mind and body) to take down Luffy and co anyway. The really strong fighters gathered on the island (Don Chinjao, Cabbage, etc...) aren't so greedy they would so easily forgive Doffy. Not to mention, they'd have to be pretty fucking dumb to trust the guy after everything they've just learned about him.

Doffy's screwed. He should have just run far, far away when he still had the chance. He should know a hopeless situation when he sees one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
I like how hax it is. A long time ago, Crocodile said a devil fruit is only as strong as its user makes it out to be. We've got proof here once again. Doflamingo managed to unlock the full potential of his devil fruit, something most common folks would never be able to do. They'd most likely just use the strings to cut things up and that's it.
Old 2014-04-23, 10:46   Link #59
ri0

Location: Where everything is dangerous - I'm starting to like this place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
You really think so? Notice how the strongest fighters (i.e. Luffy, Law, Sabo, Fujitora, etc.) don't appear to be "puppeteered" yet. There are probably certain conditions that have to be met to control someone so easily. As hax as Doflamingo may appear to be, there WILL be things to exploit. It's just a matter of figuring out his abilities first, and then his beatdown will commence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon
I like how hax it is. A long time ago, Crocodile said a devil fruit is only as strong as its user makes it out to be. We've got proof here once again. Doflamingo managed to unlock the full potential of his devil fruit, something most common folks would never be able to do. They'd most likely just use the strings to cut things up and that's it.
I agree with both of you, especially the part about unlocking a fruit's full potential. But still, this chapter made the Ito Ito no Mi look a little bit too powerful. Especially that clone. I can't accept this manifestation as of yet, because I can't imagine how you could create a self-conscious being, which talks, fights and looks exactly like a person just by amassing a couple of strings. Hopefully the explanation will be more thorough in the next chapters.
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 11:28   Link #60
Kafriel
Senior Guest

This is going to be interesting...
Quote:
Zoro's horrible sense of direction....possibly helping to save the day!
I have hidden away my real body somewhere in this island, it lies powerless because all of my focus is on the cage and the palace... *Zoro takes the wrong turn and finds it*