AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2014-05-01, 04:17   Link #21
Eragon
Not amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Ones I'd like to see:

Fate/Stay Night - And thank flock it's happening in October.
Unless they do some drastic changes to Shiro's character, its gonna end up being more or less the same. Why can't we NOT have Shiro in the Fate series

And yeah, apart from Claymore don't want any remakes - that was just a hot mess at the end. Would rather see the money going into something original or Girlfriends adaption.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Girlfriends adaption.
Old 2014-05-01, 05:24   Link #22
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Because we have Saber, and Rin, and Sakura, and Illya?

Say, anyone notice that the more merchandise-driven, the more possibility of reboot?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 06:13   Link #23
Tempester
Lazy J-Pop Culture Fan

Quote:
Quote:
Cowboy Bebop
Best way to start a permanent feud between those that loved the 90s + pre 2006 and those from 2006 onwards.
Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean by this. Why would there be a feud? And so far nobody but the OP is arguing in favor of a Cowboy Bebop remake.
- - - - -
Recently completed anime:
Hibike! Euphonium
Plastic Memories
Punch Line
Houkago no Pleiades
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders
Shirobako
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 06:24   Link #24
Last Sinner
For Gnomeregan!

Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
Unless they do some drastic changes to Shiro's character, its gonna end up being more or less the same. Why can't we NOT have Shiro in the Fate series
I thought they were doing Heavens Feel.

Quote:
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Girlfriends adaption.
That is NEVER happening. Milk Morinaga has clearly stated she will never let it be adapted. She knows the anime industry doesn't take her work seriously and will turn it into a joke.
Old 2014-05-01, 07:02   Link #25
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I think a good (and needed) reboot is one where the original material isn’t very good in the first place. Thus, notable improvement can be applied rather easily that will make the reboot a lot better (even become a masterpieces) than previous product. Examples of such case in Hollywood industry are John Carpenter’s The Thing, David Cronenberg’s The Fly, Darabont & Russell’s The Blob and some others. That, or a reboot backed up by a strong reason, for example: fans’ request which is supported by the author of the source material (FMA: Brotherhood) or when the maker of the reboot has a clear and strong vision of what new direction the reboot will take (Gatchaman CROWDS, Casshern Sins, etc).

That said, from the top of my head, I really want a better adaptation of Mayuu Mao Yuusha. The anime that we got really failed to be engaging with its flat and drab execution of the plot. The visual itself is quite good actually, although we can see some cutting-corners here and there due to very limited budget. Thank god another work by the same author, Log Horizon, was adapted decent enough to bring a horde of new fans which resulted in a new season being green lit. Yay, I guess.

There are a lot others I wanted to mention but that'll be too long and it will go on and on like Star Wars' text-crawl .
Old 2014-05-01, 07:29   Link #26
Eragon
Not amused

Quote:

That is NEVER happening. Milk Morinaga has clearly stated she will never let it be adapted. She knows the anime industry doesn't take her work seriously and will turn it into a joke.
Hmm, can't really argue there.
Old 2014-05-01, 11:42   Link #27
Eclipze

Off the top of my head, one not mentioned yet was Soul Eater, due to the deviation from the source material (manga was still ongoing when the anime ended).
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 13:09   Link #28
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
Off the top of my head, one not mentioned yet was Soul Eater, due to the deviation from the source material (manga was still ongoing when the anime ended).
This is not gonna happen and I hope it doesn't. Production-wise, Soul Eater is probably one of the best looking anime around and that's not even considering the fact that it ran for 50 episodes. BONES will not do an FMA on this wimpy because Soul Eater is not popular enough. While the manga of SE sells a lot, FMA is Ina different league. Furhermore the DVD sales of the first FMA were phenomenal while SE is average to below average. Also it just doesn't need it
Old 2014-05-01, 14:17   Link #29
cyth
Banned

Quote:
2. It had a horribly inconclusive ending or didn't build up to it correctly.
Congratulations, you just described 70% of anime TV shows out there.

Two come to mind: Control - Money of Soul and Possibility and Chaos;Head, mostly because of crappy animation and time constraints of a one cour reality. Their potential to be great shows was overwhelming.
cyth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 14:55   Link #30
Eragon
Not amused

Oh wait, I have one - Blassreiter. I literally don't know wtf happened in that show. It was such a mess. Had an immense potential to be awesome.
Old 2014-05-01, 19:41   Link #31
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I've seen two "reboot" series that I can remember from the recent past -- Gatchaman Crowds and Mine Fujiko. Since my anime history doesn't go back much further than 2003 or so, I had no experience with the originals for either of these. From what I could tell neither had much in common with the originals other than the characters. As a result I never felt as though I was missing out on much from not having watched their first incarnations. The passage of time seems to have liberated the contemporary story-tellers so they could create essentially original works.

As for the shows themselves, I thought Okada's script for Fujiko was weirdly disjointed and then took an ever weirder Gothic turn. I enjoyed Gatchaman Crowds despite its hectic ending. (Watch the "Director's Cut" to have a better understanding of the final events.) But then I've liked most of Nakamura Kenji's works going back to "Bake Neko."

In a twisted way, Kill la Kill is a reboot of Sukeban Deka, a story about a delinquent girl turned undercover cop, "Mysterious Transfer Student Saki." She fights with a high-tech yoyo. The first Kill la Kill ED is modelled on the closing to Sukeban Deka, and the heroine's school uniform bears a stylistic resemblance to Senketsu. (Hint: dailymotion)
Old 2014-05-01, 23:30   Link #32
Ithekro
The Comet IS Coming

Try Space Battleship Yamato 2199. Excellect remake.
Old 2014-05-02, 02:02   Link #33
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Mobile Suit Gundam, Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam, Mobile Suit ZZ Gundam, Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack.

In short, almost all of the UC era Gundam series.
It's in works. Mobile Suits Gundam: The Origin
Based on the manga re-telling of the first Gundam series, drawn by none other than Yoshikazu Yasuhiko himself, the original character designer of Gundam.
Old 2014-05-02, 02:20   Link #34
Last Sinner
For Gnomeregan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Try Space Battleship Yamato 2199. Excellect remake.
In some ways, I guess. In some other ways, I strenuously disagree.
Old 2014-05-02, 04:10   Link #35
ReinZwei
南宮 那月

Shoujou manga that have been finished already

Fruits Basket (Furuba)
Kare Kano

Most LN adaptation to be honest need to be rebooted for the sake of it.
IM@S Avatars: Click Me
Old 2014-05-02, 05:08   Link #36
Last Sinner
For Gnomeregan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinZwei View Post
Shoujou manga that have been finished already

Kare Kano
That one I fairly agree with you. The adaptation went against the manga by a considerable amount. Thing is, Tsuda back then said she would never let anymore of the Kare Kano manga be adapted after what Anno did during the episodes he was a director. I don't blame her one bit for that stance.

Interesting thing I just saw - a remaster of the Lupin - Count of Cagliostro movie. This I can abide by since they're cleaning up the visuals without altering the content. It was a great movie back then and still is.
Old 2014-05-02, 06:51   Link #37
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Chrome Shelled Regios, lots of potential and then the anime went off on an anime only ending that made no sense and messed up the whole story.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 11:44   Link #38
Last Sinner
For Gnomeregan!

Look what just got announced for a remake...

Persona 4 being redone as Persona 4: Golden..

As much proof that you'll ever need that remakes are 99% money driven. Then again, anime is a marketing-driven medium - to be expected.
Old 2014-05-02, 16:46   Link #39
Lyocol
Banned

Rurouni Kenshin deserves a reboot but too bad Watsuki already told us it's not going to happen anytime soon.

Considering it's manga already finished, Medaka Box also need to be rebooted as well but again its author also against it. It just sad to see the most interesting Jump's manga also one of the least popular.
Lyocol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 16:54   Link #40
RoboMambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
CControl - Money of Soul and Possibility
C was good, but it probably has the most squandered potential I can remember. So yeah, I agree on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Mobile Suit Gundam, Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam, Mobile Suit ZZ Gundam, Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack.

In short, almost all of the UC era Gundam series.
The only one I'd like is ZZ, and then only by Tomino himself. I don't see any room for improvement in the others. I'm cautious and disinterested in Gundam: The Origin.

But I'd love to see F91 remade as OVAs. In it's half done state it's already one of my favorite Gundams, so a well done remake would be at the top.
RoboMambo is offline   Reply With Quote