AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2014-06-22, 19:31   Link #81
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

3 words:

FULL METAL PANIC!!
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-23, 05:06   Link #82
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnEmperor View Post
I also agree with Rosario+Vampire; by the second half of the series there was a much larger focus on the overall Fairy Tale conflict yet that didn't really make it into the adaptations.
Since it seems that the manga is finished, now they could do a reboot. However since anime adaptions are usually made to boost manga/LN/VN sales, it is unlikely to happen.
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-23, 06:51   Link #83
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
The founder of this thread mentioned Serial Experiments Lain, and as I re-watched that last week I have to agree.
The original show had some good ideas, but suffers from a low budget, low-grade animation, and massive reuse of stock sequences.
On top of which it's as horribly dated as practically all nineties cyberpunk is.
If you kept the good points, gave it a budget, and made it more relevant to the present day (present time ha ha ha ha) it'd gain a new lease of life and maybe find a new set of fans.

And, leading on from this, while I have no desire for a 'reboot' or remake, I would love to revisit the world of Haibane Renmei some day. I've always felt there was room for a sequel.
I'd have to disagree. Some things are good because they are products of their time. Serial Experiments Lain has even more relevance now than it did then, imo, precisely because it aired before the world we live in today existed. But an even bigger problem is that the minds that spawned Lain aren't the ones making anime today. Lain came at a rare time when many anime dared to dig deep into some pretty heavy themes, even if it didn't always succeed at it. Particularly the cyberpunk genre, which is almost extinct in anime now, unfortunately.

As for Haibane, it's one of my favorite anime. But I'm not sure what value a sequel would have considering the original. It's a conclusive tale that is intended to leave the audience with more questions than answers about the greater mysteries of its world.

In both cases, it's more of a "I'd like to see...", but I question if there would be any value in remaking them or trying to recreate them through a sequel, especially since they are quite old now and it would be very difficult to get the same people back together and in the same mindset that gifted us with those stories.
Old 2014-06-23, 09:16   Link #84
White Manju Bun
Going to supermarket
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houreki View Post
idk but Pandora Hearts it's the only one that comes to my mind, the ending was awful, and imo this is an anime that has some potencial and now that the manga will end soon I think is the perfefct time to do it
I personally being a huge PH fan dont think it needs a reboot as more of another season. The last few epis were bad since it had to trail off since the manga was still on-going. With the manga coming to an end, another season to immortalize all that Mochizuki-sensei has put us thru would be better.

Only way I'd take a reboot is if they had the same seiyuu cast and did like a 51 epi entire manga to anime, no fillers. Like FMA:B did.
- 11th Doctor.

"I am the bone of my sword."
-Archer
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-24, 02:37   Link #85
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
How about either a Weiss Kruez or a Nadesico reboot? Then again, the latter will be more successful than the former!
Old 2014-07-06, 04:11   Link #86
OkamiNoKaze

With Sailor Moon having one, I would like to have one of my other early anime experience, remade, Ronin Warriors/Samurai Troopers, I was thinking something along the lines of Saint Seiya Omega, style-wise.
Old 2014-10-13, 21:39   Link #87
Diggy DaCosta

Warning: I'm a big Rosario + Vampire fan, so this post is R+V-centric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
A reboot could be done for the superior animation/budget - an example would be the new Sailor Moon series, or Space Battleship Yamato 2199.
Rosario + Vampire the anime has been lauded in some circles (OK, youtube critics but still) for it's artwork and character drawing. You *could* say Inner Moka looks more 21 than 16 or 17, but both are drawn well to describe their beauty. I think the animation art and English voice acting quality from the anime was fine. Which leads me to...

Quote:
A reboot can also be desired to change the storyline, an example being Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood which followed the manga story instead of the anime original ending of the first series.
BINGO!!! Reason #1 amongst most R+V fans as to why a reboot is sorely needed. Among other things, how can you not want to see all those fight scenes animated - the serious ones like Moka vs. Kahlua, all of Tsukune's fights, Kurumu/Mizore Black & White Duet, or any of the Fairy Tale-related fights.

Quote:
A reboot might also be desirable to change the emphasis of a series, or to eliminate filler or fluff, or to add greater time to more fully develop characters, or maybe just to change the pacing.
Reason #2 for a reboot! Significant character development that the anime NEVER touched. There's a (in-canon) reason Mizore is ready to make babies with Tsukune like ASAP (lol); her backstory is legit. Moka's backstory is tied into the main plot of the 2nd season, and it's pretty heavy. So is Inner Moka's gradual "defrosting". And I think the depiction of Kurumu's determination and love despite knowing she's the runner-up to Moka is very touching.

The reboot should stay at least 90% to the source material and follow the storylines in order. The other 10% can be extra scenes/character interactions that, while not completely central to plot can value-add (ex: extra scenes where Inner Moka adds extra emphasis on her tsun half of her tsundere act twds Tsukune).

Quote:
(by GreyZone) Since it seems that the manga is finished, now they could do a reboot. However since anime adaptions are usually made to boost manga/LN/VN sales, it is unlikely to happen..
Usually... and I believe that a well-done reboot, with a well-done marketing campaign, can definitely push merchandising. You can absolutely do an action RPG (in a Kingdom Hearts-style - yup I said it) based of this series. And if you find a studio that's willing to take American marketing seriously (because we dig vampires), it can do well.

There's too much here not to work with.
Diggy DaCosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-14, 01:24   Link #88
Marina2

I would like to see Secret of cerulean sand gets a reboot with better animation/budget and with a little more serious story that targets at mature audience.
Old 2014-10-17, 03:57   Link #89
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
How about either a Weiss Kruez or a Nadesico reboot? Then again, the latter will be more successful than the former!
I don't want a reboot, but sure as hell want a sequel of Nadesico.
Heck just animate "the blank of 3 years". That game was even more enjoyable than the anime itself.
Old 2014-10-18, 08:00   Link #90
Soliloquy
Perpetually Nonchalant

I don't know maybe Fruits Basket or Gakuen Alice. I like slice of life story and I would like both of those work being done to justice. Their existing adaptations are not so shabby but could have improved much more. If Fate/Stay Night received the remake by UFOtable with the same cast intact then there still is a possibility of getting the good news.
Old 2014-10-23, 03:18   Link #91
Ugoki

WMT.

Because there are still tons of Western juvenile literature that would be perfect as a WMT anime.
Ugoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:54   Link #92
Lagann_Horizon

I completely agree that Claymore and Pandora Hearts both need a reboot. Those are two wonderful series that have very confusing/rushed endings. I would say that they really don't have endings at all, just everlasting cliffhangers.

I know I may be unpopular for saying this, because I figured someone would have mentioned it by now... I think Deadman Wonderland really needs a reboot. The first half of the series was spectatular, but after that it seemed so rushed. The ending was a complete non-ending and left every question unanswered. I really want a reboot for this show.