AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2004-04-28, 17:31   Link #21
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Seriously, my newly-drawn action hero is a lot faster than any of those we're discussing at the moment. Want to know why? Because in the first picture, he has a katana on his back while watching the sea. Then on the second picture, he has just slain 50 swordsmen (meaning they're dead on the ground) and is back to his same pose (katana on his back, watching the sea). I mean, 50 swordsmen in 2 frames?! He must be the fastest!

My comment for the topic: Picture the speed of Kakashi when he catches Naruto from behind, picture his speed when he fights Zabuza. Now, picture Naruto's speed compared to a normal person and compare that to Kakashi. Have we got any idea of what kind of speed they're fighting at? I don't know, but I guess the same thing goes for RK, do we know how fast he is?
Old 2004-04-28, 17:48   Link #22
Muad'Dib
The Burninator

The two chief samurai henchman of Gatou, who was supposedly one of the richest men in the world and therefore very powerful and influential, had the crap kicked out of them by Naruto.
Muad'Dib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-28, 17:50   Link #23
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

ermm even yahiko can deal with samurai henchmen.
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-28, 17:51   Link #24
Rhythmic
I <3 Hina-chan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muad'Dib
The two chief samurai henchman of Gatou, who was supposedly one of the richest men in the world and therefore very powerful and influential, had the crap kicked out of them by Naruto.

But what did they do? they just could swing a sword around, I didn't see them using Shakuchi or anything special like that, they were average. they just swung the sword around.

I mean Kenshin could beat the heck outta random lower normal ninjas.
thats the kind of comparision you are making.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Wolf-Of-Mibu
ermm even yahiko can deal with samurai henchmen.
Exactly,
Rhythmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-28, 17:58   Link #25
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Sorry to say this, but this thread has all the relevance of a Superman vs Goku thread.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-28, 17:59   Link #26
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Its a thought provoking discussion, i see no harm in it.
Time to represent my side with a new sig woot woot.
Old 2004-04-28, 18:01   Link #27
Rhythmic
I <3 Hina-chan!

Quote:
Its a thought provoking discussion, i see no harm in it.
Time to represent my side with a new sig woot woot.

dangit he fixed it lol

a little big though don't ya think?
Old 2004-04-28, 18:16   Link #28
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
Sorry to say this, but this thread has all the relevance of a Superman vs Goku thread.
Pre or Post-Crisis Superman?

I think his main point is why don't more guys in Naruto use swords, though. Not, "could Kenshin kill everyone".
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-28, 18:18   Link #29
Muad'Dib
The Burninator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhythmic
But what did they do? they just could swing a sword around, I didn't see them using Shakuchi or anything special like that, they were average. they just swung the sword around.

I mean Kenshin could beat the heck outta random lower normal ninjas.
thats the kind of comparision you are making.
Hmm, well, seeing as this is a Naruto forum... you can't expect everyone to have a familiar knowledge of Rurouni Kenshin. I certainly don't--so if you could try to minimalize your making points from other animes in here, I'd be grateful.
Old 2004-04-28, 18:22   Link #30
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Quote:
Hmm, well, seeing as this is a Naruto forum... you can't expect everyone to have a familiar knowledge of Rurouni Kenshin. I certainly don't--so if you could try to minimalize your making points from other animes in here, I'd be grateful.
Not to be rude Muad'Dib but a good portion of this forum has most likely watched the RK series as it is one of the greats. You cannot put in an educated comment if you havent watched it as you dont know both sides of the coin.
Old 2004-04-28, 18:22   Link #31
Rhythmic
I <3 Hina-chan!

Quote:

ahhh
my bad
Old 2004-04-28, 18:29   Link #32
Muad'Dib
The Burninator

Quote:
Not to be rude Muad'Dib but a good portion of this forum has most likely watched the RK series as it is one of the greats. You cannot put in an educated comment if you havent watched it as you dont know both sides of the coin.
Well, if one needs to have an explicit knowledge of Rurouni Kenshin to participate in this discussion, then it seems to me like it would degenerate rapidly into a Rurouni Kenshin samurai vs. Naruto ninja discussion. Actually, that's the way it already appears to be. And that's against the rules. So either uneducated people like me are allowed to talk about the Naruto universe, or this thread will stray into violation of the rules.
Old 2004-04-28, 18:40   Link #33
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Theres nothign about this in the rules to the best of my knowledge
Old 2004-04-28, 18:43   Link #34
Muad'Dib
The Burninator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code of Conduct
Vs. threads
Despite what the title says this forum does allow vs. threads, however they must be well constructed and have substance. But the vs. threads will be limited to only things only in the Naruto Universe. That means absolutely no threads containing DBZ or any other series in them are not allowed, no matter how well constructed it is, or how much subtance it has.
This thread is turning into a violation of this rule. Therefore, to stop that progression, we should limit ourselves to the Naruto universe, as I suggested.
Old 2004-04-28, 18:45   Link #35
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

dang didnt see that.

But i did strive to make it as thought provokig as possible. It is not really a vs thread . Its more of a debate about speed/seal forming etc.
Old 2004-04-28, 18:48   Link #36
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

It's a silly debate ... because there is no way to determine.
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. I have saved this image into my "WTF directory" just in case I ever wonder if it was only been a bad dream, and have removed it from the forum. Hopefully Lexander will never do this again!
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-28, 18:59   Link #37
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Ya thats true. But anime in itself is based on something stupid that can never be true yet its still fun to imagine and enjoy.
By the way Your sig picture is eerily pretty Oo
Old 2004-04-28, 20:25   Link #38
Sethi
StormRider

It's in my opinion that no matter which of the Rurouni Kenshin characters would go up against Kakashi he would just kill them no problem at all, yes Kenshin has godlike speed but that's in Rurouni Kenshin Series, if you put him in Naruto he would probably be less faster than Lee, and Kakashi is pretty much faster, not to mention all those Ninjutsu and Genjutsu.
It's very difficult to compare both animes because in Rurouni Kenshin despite the fact that characters can move fast and crush the ground with very strong attacks they still have much realistic limitations, while in Naruto they don't have that much realistic limitations, even some genins are as strong has Kenshin so comparing characters from both anime is really HARD.

----------------- Your Wings Are Weeping -----------------
Sethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-28, 20:29   Link #39
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethi
It's in my opinion that no matter which of the Rurouni Kenshin characters would go up against Kakashi he would just kill them no problem at all, yes Kenshin has godlike speed but that's in Rurouni Kenshin Series, if you put him in Naruto he would probably be less faster than Lee.
I dont follow your logic there. Why do you assume he would be less faster than lee?
Old 2004-04-28, 20:44   Link #40
Sethi
StormRider

Quote:
I dont follow your logic there. Why do you assume he would be less faster than lee?
Because Kenshin is ranked has one of the fastest in the rurouni Kenshin series(along with Soujiro and Hiko) however in Naruto we see, or better we don't even see Lee getting from a freaking statue to behind Gaara which is like 30-20 meters away and attacking from all sides almost at the same time that's really fast man, the only attack Kenshin does which is almost has fast is the Kuzu Ryu Sen in which he attacks 9 points at the same time with a charge.

----------------- Your Wings Are Weeping -----------------
Sethi is offline   Reply With Quote