AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-05-17, 01:01   Link #81
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
after Obito's talk of having the power of two eyes a couple of chapters ago, its almost certain we will get to see the power of his double mangekyou now that both eyes are back in his body. may he discovers the just "Lock on" and is able to teleport multiple things to obitoland saving all of team 7 from the genjutsu
__________________
Mokujin Rasengan
Artimus_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 05:51   Link #82
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
after Obito's talk of having the power of two eyes a couple of chapters ago, its almost certain we will get to see the power of his double mangekyou now that both eyes are back in his body. may he discovers the just "Lock on" and is able to teleport multiple things to obitoland saving all of team 7 from the genjutsu
Right now if Black Zetsu leaves his body he is dead. Naruto can save him like he saved Gai. But before that he must deal with black Zetsu, but for that he must already be out from the genjutsu cast by Madara. So it's time for Sasuke to show his eye powers, the genjutsu stuff is Sasuke's speciality and now he has the eyes of his genjutsu-god brother.

I guess the only reason Obito is alive and both his eyes were not destroyed by Madara is because Madara has plans with those eyes. And then it could be part of a plan with the other hundreds of sharingan eyes they have. A few chapters ago Zetsu brought one rinnegan eye to Madara and that eye was probably kept in the same place where all those sharingan eyes are. If Madara doesn't have a plan with Obito then why did he let him live and even put back his eye?

BTW it was never explained how does Zetsu have an eye ability very similar to the byakugan, we saw that in part one of the manga once. Then we learned he can record things too. His eye does not look like any of the 3 great. Maybe by eating people he can mimic their abilities to some extent and he already at some hyuuga clan member or maybe its from the DNA/chakra of the 1st hokage which as we recently learned is linked to the mother of the Sage and that woman had a byakugan-like eye. Zetsu is currently the only mystery character in the manga, i hope he doesn't get dismissed/killed without any explanation given.

He could even evolve them into rinnegan if the thing is as simple as Madara did that just by implanting some of the 1st cells into himself. He implanted a lot more into Obito two decades ago. But i guess there's more to it, since Madara is connected to the Sage of 6 paths the same way Sasuke is, being some sort of reincarnation of the talented son. What i'm now missing is that Obito cannot be really redeemed if he doesn't revive the allied ninja army with the rinnegan. But maybe for his redemption it's enough that he helps and saves Naruto and Sasuke who then will themselves revive everyone. Of course not even that would redeem him of the crimes done with akatsuki, but we can argue that those crimes have to be blamed on both the ninja world and Madara who have manipulated Obito so that he was more of a victim than a criminal.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 08:37   Link #83
DarkHollowIchigo
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: スタックした中間
Age: 28
I wonder if Naruto and Sasuke will keep their powers once this war is over.
__________________
DarkHollowIchigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 11:43   Link #84
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masuzu View Post
Hinata's the strongest on her team. Ino while not necessarily being strong has been at least as useful as Shikamaru who isn't really strong either. Temari isn't necessarily weaker than Kankuro.

Karin is probably stronger than both Jugo and Suigetsu.

Tayuya's genjutsu was the only Sound Four technique that Kabuto used that was really a threat to Sasuke and Itachi. They were lucky they were within eyeshot of eachother.

Konan wasn't the weakest in Akatsuki. Obito had to use Izanagi just to not die.

Mei isn't the weakest of the current kage either. She's probably stronger than Gaara at least.
are you already in the infinite tsukiyomi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typeblue View Post
Are you referring to the Konoha 11 or 3 person teams in general? 3 man teams were meant to function like the holy trinity; the kind that you see in MMO’s. You have your Tank, Warrior and your Healer. Brute strength is not the only way to gauge someone’s strength or usefulness.
well any grouping i suppose. who is the weakest kage: mei, the strongest is far and away oonoki. who is the weakest jounin leader: kurenai, the stongest are far and away gai and kakashi. who is the weakest on team hiruzen: tsuande. team7? sakura. team asuma: ino. team gai? tenten. hinata is a grey area and is heavily weighed down by a crush and mental weakness throughout the series. and then as the characters get more obscure, it gets a bit muddy as far as the weakest, but i dont think any are strongest. my overall point in all this is that sakura is a main character. so it holds true that as the female characters get more and more important to the story, none of them hold up to at least 1 direct male counterpart, but usually several

Quote:
Let’s say for a minute that you are right, do you think that the statistics in Naruto are far off from real life statistics. Someone in this forum said there are no African Americans in Naruto because of the setting. Well in a military setting, in in real life, men on average, do better than their female counterparts on Physical Fitness assessments. Yes they are plenty of women stronger than men; there are plenty of women that can kick my butt..., but the key is “on average”
i'm not sure why you keep bringing up reality. we are talking about magical ninjas. madara could have been female as i stated earlier and that wouldn't change a thing story-wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
I guess the only reason Obito is alive and both his eyes were not destroyed by Madara is because Madara has plans with those eyes
at the very least, he needed them to leave that dimension
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 12:16   Link #85
Shinagami
Rubiks Cube
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Mars
Age: 18
So basically everyone is screwed because of the infinite tsukiyomi well except naruto and sasuke cause they have got some insane god powers....I really hope someone dies in the next chapter(prefferably sakura) like just get mind-raped from the tsukiyomi....lol bt I really don't see the "infinite" tsukiyomi lasting that long. Naruto and sasuke will just whip out some ultimate technique or something
Shinagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 21:18   Link #86
Typeblue
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
are you already in the infinite tsukiyomi?

well any grouping i suppose. who is the weakest kage: mei, the strongest is far and away oonoki. who is the weakest jounin leader: kurenai, the stongest are far and away gai and kakashi. who is the weakest on team hiruzen: tsuande. team7? sakura. team asuma: ino. team gai? tenten. hinata is a grey area and is heavily weighed down by a crush and mental weakness throughout the series. and then as the characters get more obscure, it gets a bit muddy as far as the weakest, but i dont think any are strongest. my overall point in all this is that sakura is a main character. so it holds true that as the female characters get more and more important to the story, none of them hold up to at least 1 direct male counterpart, but usually several

i'm not sure why you keep bringing up reality. we are talking about magical ninjas. madara could have been female as i stated earlier and that wouldn't change a thing story-wise
There are a lot of speculations in your post. There is no proof that Mei is the weakest Kage. But if Oonoki is the strongest, it’s not because he is a guy, it is because of his age and experience.

How did you arrive at the conclusion that Kurenai is the weakest Jounin… from the Hitachi and Kisame Vs Kurenai and Asuma fight? Or because she got pregnant?


I like how you are able to dodge and escape my points in these debates so craftily. The title ArtfuL Dodger might be more suited for you

We don’t know Kurenais strength because of the little screen time she has…., the author chose to focus more on the male characters; mostly Naruto and Sasuke
Sakura was a main Character, so was Kakashi. Main characters are tossed to the side all the time. Sakura was not tossed to the side because she is a female, but because the Author chose to focus on Naruto and Sasuke

If you don’t understand the point I was trying to make by drawing a parallel between the Ninja Academy and real life military institution, then there it would be a waste of time to try and explain it to you

Also, the strongest character introduced thus far in this Manga is a woman. She could easily be a guy, yet the mangaka chose a woman
__________________
Be kind to those less Fortunate...

Last edited by Typeblue; 2014-05-17 at 21:19. Reason: added a word
Typeblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 21:33   Link #87
Typeblue
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
madara could have been female as i stated earlier and that wouldn't change a thing story-wise
If the Author chose to make Madara a woman, It would change the story. I think you are confusing equality with being the same.
__________________
Be kind to those less Fortunate...
Typeblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 22:25   Link #88
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typeblue View Post
If you donít understand the point I was trying to make by drawing a parallel between the Ninja Academy and real life military institution, then there it would be a waste of time to try and explain it to you
for once we are in total agreement! ninja academy =/ real life military institution
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-18, 08:41   Link #89
Eragon
Not amused
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Spirit World
Age: 22
In real life, people in their late 60 and 70's aren't capable of destroying a small battalion of foot soldiers either, in any situation.

Your analogy is as retarded as Kubo's decision to not end Bleach a 100 chapters ago.
__________________
Signature courtesy of rikikai
Eragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-18, 10:06   Link #90
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
I guess the only reason Obito is alive and both his eyes were not destroyed by Madara is because Madara has plans with those eyes. And then it could be part of a plan with the other hundreds of sharingan eyes they have. A few chapters ago Zetsu brought one rinnegan eye to Madara and that eye was probably kept in the same place where all those sharingan eyes are. If Madara doesn't have a plan with Obito then why did he let him live and even put back his eye?
kamui is kinda OP huh lol…even double rinnegan madara had to reimplant the eye in order to get out of that realm. (I'm assuming since obito was taken, over the power in his right eye is not usable as it is currently closed.) and yeah madara may have plans for obito but i think there is a really good possibility that obito could break free once again and use the power of both his eyes to a major help before everyone is put to sleep. also

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
at the very least, he needed them to leave that dimension
agreed. and IMO thats all he is gonna use them for. madara stated a few chapters ago (the one when kakashi and obito used the sharingan together that he was only interested in the rinnegan.


@Ero-senn1n: as for the wall of sharingan i believe they just be written off as spare eyes for obito to use Izanagi and there is not further plan to implant them into zetsu otherwise that would have been done instead of relying on kabutomaru to increase zetsus strength.

the point i was trying to make is that at the moment obito has both of his sharingan, and before it is all said and done he will use both of them together. its already been foreshadowed.
__________________
Mokujin Rasengan
Artimus_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-18, 13:09   Link #91
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
the point i was trying to make is that at the moment obito has both of his sharingan, and before it is all said and done he will use both of them together. its already been foreshadowed.
i would say this has a 100% probability. it's the same thing as the hokages being trapped in a pit of eternal torture. there's simply no way that kishi would let 'good' characters suffer through the end of the manga. now that obito is basically redeemed, he will have at least one darth vader moment and use both eyes' power to help rid the world of madara and/or IT
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-18, 14:26   Link #92
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
i would say this has a 100% probability. it's the same thing as the hokages being trapped in a pit of eternal torture. there's simply no way that kishi would let 'good' characters suffer through the end of the manga. now that obito is basically redeemed, he will have at least one darth vader moment and use both eyes' power to help rid the world of madara and/or IT
yep exactly. though personally instead of ending madara or IT (cuz i kinda want to see IT) he discovers he is capable of sending multiple people to his dimension (as that place is likely unaffected by IT) and those characters have to somehow break the genjutsu...

plot twist: itll be sasuke and sakura



edit: as a point of clarification, im assuming the double mangekyou upgrade allows him to lock on to multiple targets and transport them without touching them. just speculation of course

or maybe he just obitos away the whole moon lol
__________________
Mokujin Rasengan

Last edited by Artimus_Prime; 2014-05-18 at 18:44.
Artimus_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-19, 11:27   Link #93
Typeblue
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Earth
This will be my final attempt to try and explain the delusions in your rational. I will try to be as elementary as possible without being insulting. If you still don’t get, then we will have to agree to disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
for once we are in total agreement! ninja academy =/ real life military institution
you asked “why the weakest link in every team is the girl character”. Your question is as absurd as asking “Why the tallest person on every team is a male character”?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
In real life, people in their late 60 and 70's aren't capable of destroying a small battalion of foot soldiers either, in any situation.

Your analogy is as retarded as Kubo's decision to not end Bleach a 100 chapters ago.
You fail to understand the basic concept of using real life situations to prove that the Manga is not sexist. Yes, in real life there are no Chidoris or Ransegan, but Mangas, operate on some of the basic principles of real life. For example, women on average grow their hair longer than men; the manga also operates under this rule. Women get pregnant, men do not, same rule applies to the manga. In real life men, on average, are taller than women, this also applies to Naruto.
__________________
Be kind to those less Fortunate...

Last edited by Hunter; 2014-05-20 at 18:40. Reason: bait
Typeblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-19, 11:32   Link #94
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typeblue View Post
you asked “why the weakest link in every team is the girl character”. Your question is as absurd as asking “Why the tallest person on every team is a male character”?
I think you forgot how to analogy. you can't explain anything you say, e.g. how physical strength equates to power using chakra. all you seem to be capable of is making horrible analogies

edit: on another note, both sakura and tsunade are known for their brute strength. if you're analogy of real life was applicable (which it isn't) then 2 ninja women wouldn't be punching harder than almost all the ninja men
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-19, 13:08   Link #95
Typeblue
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Earth
*slipped*

I am not upset that you guys disagree with me. Part of the enjoyment of posting on a forum is the chance to have a good debate; but I am surprised by how you continue to ignore the evidence, despite my best efforts to break them down as simply as I can.

This is my, no kidding, advice to you: If you think Naruto is sexist, and you continue to read it, you are part of the problem and not the solution. I would never stand for sexism or discrimination of any kind, no matter how subtle; neither should you.

I recently stopped watching The Boondocks, after 3 seasons, because I thought it was racially insensitive. I always had my suspicions, but that was how long it took me, before I finally decided to stick to my principles and stand by my convictions. I may be overreacting but there is something about the racial jokes in that show that doesn’t sit well with me.

If I ever thought Naruto was sexist, I would stop reading. I don’t care how much I enjoy the jutsu’s and the power ups. If you feel that Naruto promotes sexism, I recommend that stand by the principles of your convictions

I apologize for any offensive or insensitive post by me. At the end of the day everyone is here because they enjoy Naruto
__________________
Be kind to those less Fortunate...
Typeblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-19, 16:04   Link #96
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
looking at it on that level i see 2 types of sexism. do I think kishi is purposefully being sexist and is making a point about women, no of course not. i think he simply writes women poorly and believes in many stereotypes on a mostly subconscious level as far as his writing goes. i actually think he means pretty well by women and is trying to make them equal. his writing is just lacking in that department and the stereotypes are certainly prevalent.

boondocks on the other hand is purposefully racist and the author/creator knows exactly what they are doing with the writing and stories. ive seen a few episodes and i think it's pretty ridiculous actually. im sure people might think im too sensitive to think that way and not just laugh it off (although i dont think it's as funny as some people do) but i just think shows like that do a disservice toward equality and promote social discrimination. i do support their right to make whatever show they want, but i also have the right to not watch and not like it and speak against it
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-19, 16:36   Link #97
ranchan13
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Get ready, epic troll time next chapter!
Infinite tsukuyomi
The end. All ninja exist in madara's circle jerk illusion, and naruto is hokage there with nothing to do but peace.
Following weak, Mashina publishes chapter one of a new manga. Naruto never continues.
__________________
Combat
ELEment
STrategic
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-19, 20:15   Link #98
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13 View Post
Get ready, epic troll time next chapter!
Infinite tsukuyomi
The end. All ninja exist in madara's circle jerk illusion, and naruto is hokage there with nothing to do but peace.
Following weak, Mashina publishes chapter one of a new manga. Naruto never continues.
all ninja except for the ones obito warps away
__________________
Mokujin Rasengan
Artimus_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-20, 11:58   Link #99
Artful_Dodger
Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon
The cognitive dissonance in these posts is astronomical
Hilarious, tell me about it. Reading someone complaining about female stereotypes and sexism in Naruto while maintaining a list of favorite manga containing some of the most stereotypical female/male dynamics was particularly amusing to read.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
looking at it on that level i see 2 types of sexism. do I think kishi is purposefully being sexist and is making a point about women, no of course not.
You should have said this earlier. There are several people on this forum who say things like "Kishi" hates women, and other nonsense they have no information about --I thought you were in this group. I stopped discussing earlier because instead of responding to my answers to your questions/claims, you kept jumping to new claims.
Quote:
i think he simply writes women poorly and believes in many stereotypes on a mostly subconscious level as far as his writing goes. i actually think he means pretty well by women and is trying to make them equal. his writing is just lacking in that department and the stereotypes are certainly prevalent.
Kishimoto himself admitted his dissatisfaction with his ability to draw women, so this might be a reason why there are less women in the manga overall among other things. I can't comment on whats in Kishimoto's subconscious mind, but I'd note that there are several manga authors with the same nationality as him who write manga where the female characters dominate the males in every way. Like I said earlier, I think its just style/genre of the manga and really not something to get worked up about.

If there is actually some kind of sexism in Naruto that's consciously being practiced, its possible it may be done by editors and/or marketers to appease the majority demographic of shounen manga: young boys who will probably want to look up to strong male heroes, not by Kishimoto because he is sexist or hates women.
Artful_Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-20, 12:08   Link #100
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful_Dodger View Post
I think its just style/genre of the manga and really not something to get worked up about.
sure, but my main point that started all this has been sakura in particular. it's unquestionable to me that kishi keeps trying to make her relevant and an equal member of team 7, but then when her time to shine comes she quickly devolves into the same female stereotypes every time. it's a continuous false representation and i for one am very bored of it and would have either liked it to stop or would have much preferred that sakura actually be allowed to do things that matter to the plot (in a good way. not by being a weak girl who can't destroy one of madara's weapons. or a weak girl who can't stop thinking about what her crush thinks of her even during the most monumental battles in ninja history)
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.