AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2014-05-15, 01:49   Link #1
xl_Legit_lx
Destruction by Carnage
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to xl_Legit_lx Send a message via MSN to xl_Legit_lx Send a message via Yahoo to xl_Legit_lx
Who is your favorite Mecha Pilot of All Time?

I'm just wondering who you guys/girls believe is the best mecha pilot from any anime /manga. Of course, there is a lot of variety to chose from, but I'm sure everyone has that character that they think is the best.

Here is mine:

Spoiler:

Runner up:
Spoiler:
xl_Legit_lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 02:15   Link #2
IceHism

Char Aznable from 0079 and Char's counter attack

This is purely based on piloting skills, not based on what mechas they pilot so i'm not focusing on the OP mechas.

Edit: Since the question was changed to who is your favorite mecha pilot, my answer = Kira Yamato. Honorable mention to Athrun zala from seed, Saki Rukino from valvrave, and Lelouch from Code Geass

Last edited by IceHism; 2014-05-15 at 03:02.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 02:22   Link #3
Tenzen12
Banned

Karen among top anime pilots is average at most, can't say much about Domon.

-Char is obvious choice, but I wouldn't have problem put Break Blade Girghe and Rygart (from latest manga chapters) on same level with him.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 02:27   Link #4
xl_Legit_lx
Destruction by Carnage
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to xl_Legit_lx Send a message via MSN to xl_Legit_lx Send a message via Yahoo to xl_Legit_lx
That's just my opinion, of course I wanted you guys to add yours lol, Rygart is great imo.

And I love Karen, it cannot be helped. hah
Old 2014-05-15, 02:56   Link #5
CrowKenobi

I would throw Jesus Yamato in the mix.

Also, I'm going to rename the thread so that there would be no reason for arguments to break out.

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 02:59   Link #6
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post

Also, I'm going to rename the thread so that there would be no reason for arguments to break out.
That changes my answer completely
Old 2014-05-15, 03:01   Link #7
xl_Legit_lx
Destruction by Carnage
*Graphic Designer

What's your new answer then? lol
Old 2014-05-15, 03:06   Link #8
Tenzen12
Banned

New answer after renaming thread: Sousuke Sagara (though I was rooting for that jerkass Leonard more, because he was right)

2nd place Ayase Shinomiya only redeeming quality (unfertunetely not even her was redeeming enough to save that crap) of worst mecha anime ever.

3rd place Nekki Basara.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 03:31   Link #9
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Of all time? Well then I guess it's fair if I only mention one for each gender.

It’s Char Aznable for me. No doubt about it.

Not only that he has great personality and backstory, but also a kickass pilot that gave the “invincible” White Devil a run for its money. Aside from that, being a character that gave birth to countless clones of similar characters and became a huge influence and Icon for the anime industry (at least the mecha genre) definitely means something.

For the girls, it's definitely Noa Izumi from Patlabor. I just can't help being charmed by her innocence and hilarity yet still being a kickass pilot that beat almost every guys in the series in terms of Labor-piloting skill.
Old 2014-05-15, 04:54   Link #10
itisjustme

Char keeps getting whooped by Amuro so it's kinda hard to call him best if that was what the thread was about before. :P (Just an observation not a bait sorry)

Anyway Kira from Gundam Seed, Sousuke from FMP, and Izuru from Majestic Prince in no particular order.
itisjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 05:12   Link #11
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisjustme View Post
Char keeps getting whooped by Amuro so it's kinda hard to call him best if that was what the thread was about before. :P (Just an observation not a bait sorry)
I agree that if we only see it from piloting skill alone, it’s difficult to nominate Char as being "the best" because Amuro has even more crazier skill and has repeatedly defeated him. But as an overall character, I think Char beats Amuro.
Old 2014-05-15, 06:26   Link #12
IceHism

RX-78 and Nu Gundam are also pretty OP as fuck in that universe so it may have compensated for any deficiencies in Amuro compared to Char.
Old 2014-05-15, 06:40   Link #13
itisjustme

Now that I think about it I want to add Roy Focker from Macross, Gato from Stardust Memory for being voiced by Rider, and I've become fond of the Char clone Full Frontal from Unicorn. Too hard to pick. :P
Old 2014-05-15, 07:41   Link #14
xl_Legit_lx
Destruction by Carnage
*Graphic Designer

Yeah, while Char is an amazing character (more than just a mecha pilot) due to his cultural influence, I think that makes people overrate his skills a bit as a pilot.

It's hard to say though, considering pilot's skill is affected by the mech they are piloting which leads to certain disparities.

I still think he is top tier though, just think that a lot of the newer pilots have potential!
Old 2014-05-15, 08:24   Link #15
Bri

New type ability is the great skill and experience equalizer in Gundam UC as it provides pilots with precognition, greater awareness and increased handling speed. Char is among the most skilled pilots but his New type ability is rather weak compared to the likes of Kamille Bidan, Judau Ashta and Haman Karn.

Personal favorites are Hikaru Ichijyo from Macross and Noa Izumi of Patlabor. I think both are likable characters with plenty of human flaws and who actually made career choices to become pilots.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 14:23   Link #16
RoboMambo

Char isn't all he is chalked up to be. He is surpassed by Kamille and Amuro, but I'd also put him below some other pilots, like Yazan, who isn't even a newtype (he is probaly the best oldtype pilot). In the end, he is like 80% attitude. In his own words (in SD Gundam) "If you take ut the aloofness, what's left of me?"

If we are talking about my favorite pilot, as character, the Kamille for Z Gundam. He's got one of the best character developments I've seen. And I'd say he is probably the most talented pilot in UC. Amuro surpasses him, but because he actually kept piloting, while Kamile didn't. Uso is also up there.

For piloting skill, it's gotta be Chirico from Votoms. He manages to out do all his opponents, and instead of piloting some fancy prototype or some op unique model, he goes in a basic mass production model, Actually, he goes through like a dozen scopedogs through the series. And yet he manages to defeat whole squads single handedly, with tactics and skill. He is also in the run for my favorite character.

I must put a mention to Yzak from Gundam Seed, for being the best pilot there, even if hes no seed mode, nor an op gundam.
RoboMambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 18:33   Link #17
itisjustme

Honestly I stayed away from a lot of Gundam pilots what with all the Newtype magic, it's still acceptable if it's awareness but when it's seeing the future, summoning the spirit of the dead, mindscrew your opponent and moving colonies and all that it's kinda ehhhh. Uso is great though what being a ladykiller at 13 though.
Old 2014-05-16, 15:57   Link #18
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I'm surprised nobody said Kamina

Anyway for some reasons there isn't really a particular mecha pilot character that I really really liked, anyway if I have to pick someone then I pick Nekki Basara

To go in the middle of galactic battles doing nothing but singing songs while dodging missiles and lasers you really must be the coolest guy in the universe.

Jan-Poo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 16:23   Link #19
Haak
Forever Alone...

In terms of character depth, I'd have to say Shinji Ikari from Evangelion.

If I were to give a top five then it would probably go in this order:
1) Shinji Ikari / Evangelion
2) Eureka / Eureka Seven
3) Kamille Bidan / Gundam Zeta
4) Ao / Eureka Seven AO
5) Too many UC Gundam characters to decide.
Old 2014-05-16, 16:35   Link #20
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Favorite is Char. Nobody swags like him. Nobody hates like him. He manages to face spoiled kids with superpowers handed to him and he still manages to put up a fight even in whatever crap Zeon put him in. Oh and he made Jerid look like a joke (well, even more so) when he wasn't even in a mech. Although it's pretty hard to get behind what he turned into during Char's Counterattack though-- I blame Tomino being off his meds, which wouldn't be his first.

"Best" goes to Kamille Bidan
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote