AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: FullMetal Alchemist or Naruto?
FullMetal Alchemist. Go Ed and Al!!! 51 46.79%
Naruto: Go Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura! 18 16.51%
None of them... 10 9.17%
Both!! 30 27.52%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-13, 18:46   Link #21
NocturnalFerri

I like Fullmetal alchemist more than Naruto. Dont get me wrong, Im a die hard Naruto fan too, but if i had to make a choice...FMA all the way.

Its kinda tough to compare them sometimes. Naruto seems to be aimed at a younger audiance, so you can't expect tooooo much sophistication. If you think about it on that level, Naruto is the best. But if you look at it at a more mature level...FMA is just so intricate. There's so much to think about. It's more mature. That's why it's not as amusing all the time. But you have to admit, when there are funny bits, they're worth it. You appreciate them more. It has more depth than naruto going "im going to be hokage! Ha ha ha...ha...ha." Hmm, I guess i get more of a kick out of Ed denying his shortness. Naruto's just simpler. Omg,...all the phreakin' naruto flashbacks. Props to FMA for keeping it at a minimum.
Old 2004-05-13, 19:27   Link #22
Kouji
StrykerX

Your sadly mistaken if you think Naruto's a kiddy anime. If you look at future episodes of the series and what transpires within these episodes. You can clearly see that it's all but kiddy related.
Old 2004-05-13, 23:12   Link #23
Joe Dalton

yes... 1000 years of pain (just a random example) is clearly for a mature audience
Old 2004-05-14, 00:44   Link #24
Kouji
StrykerX

But, if I were to choose. I'd say both. Because they are equally great animes. And for me, these are at the top of my anime list (aside from most of the less than stellar U.S animes airing on tv).
Old 2004-05-15, 21:03   Link #25
Joshua
2 much 2 watch

FMA by far. Naruto is getting more and more one-sided, and thus boring. FMA is still in the middle of an adventure. Maybe that Naruto will get my attention back soon (Itachi rules :P) but at the moment it is FMA before Naruto (but nothing beats OP )
Old 2004-05-16, 06:43   Link #26
7thMethuselah

Naruto gets my vote, FMA is a very good series but for me Naruto is better, I just love the fights in Naruto, never the same fight twice, very different characters with a well documented background etc.
FMA : I don't like the brother in the armor and the fights aren't always that great (note I haven't seen all of it yet so this may change).

On a sie note; I think these two anime's are hard to compare since they're not the same genre to me: Naruto is a pure ninja/action anime while FMA feels more like an adventure anime...

Old 2004-05-16, 06:47   Link #27
Joe Dalton

meh if the early eps didnt change your mind I doubt any of the others will... besides if you think that the naruto cast is good but dont like al and his relation with ed I doubt its really the right anime for you
Old 2004-05-16, 07:15   Link #28
wnkryo
HainShodan

I voted for none of them... -.-
Old 2004-05-17, 02:29   Link #29
Kouji
StrykerX

But you like these animes right? Even though you didn't vote for them
Old 2004-05-17, 10:28   Link #30
Joe Dalton

No he is actualy conspiring 2 kill their creators
Old 2004-05-18, 21:15   Link #31
Karala

Actually, I've only seen the first 16 episodes of FMA... it was okay, but I'm really not dying to see more. Dunno why, seeing as most people LOVE the series and I just find it okish... Naruto on the other hand I really enjoy watching every week

So - I voted Naruto.

I need to see more of FMA, maybe I'll like it more... even though I've spent a fair amount of time watching it as it is O_o
Old 2004-05-18, 21:23   Link #32
7thMethuselah

same for me, I haven't seen all of FMA yet but so far it is lacking a general storyline, sure they are looking for the philophers stone but all episode I've seen so far are pretty much stand-alone. Contrary to naruto where everything happens in the background of a bigger picture.

Also in FMA we have so very few characters, basically we are stuck with the two brothers, other characters that get introduced are gone the next episode, not really something to create an attachment to the series, especially if you dislike one of the two brothers

In Naruto we get a million well documented characters with detailed background stories apart from the awesome fights.

Don't get me wrong I really really like FMA but so far it doesn't get near Naruto (this might happen once I catch up, this opinion is based on 15-20 episodes)

Closed Thread