AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-06-18, 15:56   Link #501
AntonKutovoi

Sic transit gloria mundi.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-18, 15:56   Link #502
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
Sic transit gloria mundi.
Hahaha ... well said!

Sorry, but it was about time.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-18, 16:02   Link #503
ChampDream
Alive

Good for Chile, now next match is to decide group leader, Netherland vs Chile will be a good match.
Spain saying good bye is not suprise for me.
Old 2014-06-18, 16:18   Link #504
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Glad for Chile and glad for Vidal and Isla.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-18, 16:23   Link #505
Kakurin-san
ねぇ、無理は禁物よ?

Didn't expect Spain to be out after the second game. But it was deserved. They just looked anemic and out of sync. This wasn't tiki-taka, it was some remnants of tiki-taka combined with some unclear structure, a terrible combination to play in a tournament. Spain looked like a team without philosophy out there. It was strange to see them on the one hand still try to pass their way into the goal, but on the other hand try long bombs to Diego Costa.

Speaking of Costa, del Bosque did a terrible job trying to fit him into the team. It was plain obvious that he wasn't in form and that the team wasn't accustomed to playing with him. It would probably have been better if del Bosque had tried to stick with a false nine.

But alas, every run has to come to an end and Spain had a magnificient one, perhaps the greatest run of sustained excellence. Winning the UEFA Euro in 2008 and 2012 with a World Cup squeezed in between? Crazy.

Now I want to see Chile beat up the Dutch. Netherlands - Brazil sounds like a great matchup for the next round.
Kakurin-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-18, 16:23   Link #506
Eragon
Not amused

Welp, Spain imploded worse than Italy last WC. That's some feat. Costa was shit. Why the hell is every Brazilian born striker sucking ass this WC. Ronaldo would play better in his current fattened state than these tards.

Holland - Germany final pls. 10 man Brazil ain't winning shit.
Old 2014-06-18, 16:39   Link #507
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

Lots of schadefreude going on at the moment. I wonder why.
Old 2014-06-18, 16:41   Link #508
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Lots of schadefreude going on at the moment. I wonder why.
I don't >:->
Old 2014-06-18, 16:57   Link #509
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I don't >:->
Uh huh, I'm imagining you laughing like an evil mastermind thinking one down, one to go (Italy).
Old 2014-06-18, 18:14   Link #510
Galaxian

There are few things people like more than to say "Oh, how the mighty have fallen."

I do feel bad for Australia. They made their presence known in the World Cup, but luck wasn't on their side in either match.
Galaxian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-18, 18:49   Link #511
Mentar
Banned

Cameroon player headbutts a teammate. Can't believe it.

No trace of professionalism.
Old 2014-06-18, 19:05   Link #512
Galaxian

I wish Croatia beats Mexico in the next round just to shut up the commentators in Univision.

I mean, Spain vs. Chile had not ended and they were already talking about how Mexico was a sure thing for second place of Group A.
Galaxian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-18, 19:08   Link #513
ChampDream
Alive

I think Cameroon got what it deserve.
Old 2014-06-18, 20:27   Link #514
JKL
Kyuuketsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
But alas, every run has to come to an end and Spain had a magnificient one, perhaps the greatest run of sustained excellence. Winning the UEFA Euro in 2008 and 2012 with a World Cup squeezed in between? Crazy.

Now I want to see Chile beat up the Dutch. Netherlands - Brazil sounds like a great matchup for the next round.
Pretty much.
JKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-18, 23:03   Link #515
justavisitor

Never enjoyed the domination from Spain all these years, but when the era is finally over today, I actually feel a bit sad....it's almost like I never fully appreciate this amazing domination and suddenly, we can only go back to footage to remember those glory days from Spain

P.S
didn't Pele pick Spain and Germany??....An era can be over, but no one can escape from Pele's predication XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-19, 01:50   Link #516
itisjustme

Pele was a great player but I don't listen to anything he says nowadays. :P

Germany is the favorite with Brazil I think but you gotta remember they got smashed by Italy in the Euro. Weather also favors SA teams so.

I wouldn't say I enjoyed Spain's domination but I liked them up until the last world cup, then their style degenerated in a billion passes not for the sake of finding gaps and creating attacks anymore but just for the sake of killing time. Looks like Xavi's rapid decline had a big influence on Spain. And also why are they still playing Casillas that's mind boggling.

Glad to see Alexis is still such a diver he should quit football and land in Hollywood.
itisjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-19, 03:59   Link #517
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Spain has another impressive generation coming -- De Gea, Morata, Isco, Carvajal, etc. Their youth team won the U21 Euro Championships after all.

These are not players for tiki-taka, however. And it may or may not be Del Bosque who gets to do the rebuilding. Spain benefited from Barca's age of glory for too long. Now they have to dissociate themselves from its remnants (they'll never have Messi and Neymar after all ).
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-19, 04:02   Link #518
Mentar
Banned

Italy won, but we weren't "smashed". Let's not drift into fantasy territory.

It's too early for predictions, really. Brazil and Holland showed defensive weaknesses, we did too, Chile played a strong game, Argentina and Italy had a decent start... we'll have to wait and see.
Old 2014-06-19, 05:24   Link #519
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Besides, we and Germany cannot meet before the final in this tournament, so it makes little sense for them to worry (or even think) about us now, and vice versa.
I'm much more worried about all the injuries we're getting, not serious stuff but knocking out players for 1-2 matches, the latest one was Barzagli.

I'd say that today's big match is Uruguay-Enland , whoever side loses is in real trouble. CIV-Columbia is also a good match but they're relatively more tranquil, 3 points for both. Japan will need to beat Greece, but that loss with Cote d'Ivoire has made things very tough for them.
Old 2014-06-19, 06:05   Link #520
Sheba
Fuwafuwa Fun Adventures

I want Japan to win not because I am a fan of Japan football team, but because I want their opponents out asap. Yes, I have never forgotten Euro 2004.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote