AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-06-26, 12:57   Link #1101
Mentar
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Not a great game for us by any means, but we deserve to advance. This was a brutal group.
Group of Death.

2nd in the world rankings
4th in the world rankings
and Ghana was really REALLY strong.

Advancing here is quite an achievement.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-26, 12:58   Link #1102
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Australia
I guess no US player will exchange shirt with Muller for now


Btw, we have to call football "soccer" now, or Fußball
__________________
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-26, 12:59   Link #1103
Galaxian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Group of Death.

2nd in the world rankings
4th in the world rankings
and Ghana was really REALLY strong.

Advancing here is quite an achievement.
The CONCACAF survived the "Group of Death" and conquered the "Group of Champions"
Galaxian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-26, 12:59   Link #1104
LoveYouSaber
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Not a great game for us by any means, but we deserve to advance. This was a brutal group.
Yep. Advancing is already a big achievement by itself, and this was the real Group of Death...
LoveYouSaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-26, 13:02   Link #1105
DarkJak2050
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
3/4 CONCACAF teams are in the Round of 16 to be exact. In the following Chronological order:

- Costa Rica (the Surprise Package)
- Mexico
- United States

When was the last time that has happened?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-26, 13:03   Link #1106
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
What a WC for CONCACAF - 3 teams into the knockout stage. Respect.

Jurgen was beaming, and you can't blame him - certainly this was a tougher group than we survived in 2010 or 2002. Belgium is a winnable game for us - they'll be favored and should be, but we were better than Portugal and we beat Ghana. We have a shot. I would love to see Yedlin get a start - he's provided a real spark.

Would have been nice to equalize at the end - those were good chances. But in the end, it's a great day.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-26, 13:04   Link #1107
DarkJak2050
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Now one of the questions is, will US Forward Jozy Altidore be ready for the Round of 16?

The US could've sure used him against Germany.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-26, 13:05   Link #1108
ChampDream
Alive
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: in my really nice house
good job for the USA to survive the group, now good luck in their next match.
__________________
ChampDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-26, 13:06   Link #1109
itisjustme
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
USA needs more composure to go past Belgium but it shouldn't be impossible.

Germany on course to face off France, could be the best game in this WC.
itisjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-26, 13:06   Link #1110
Mentar
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
What a WC for CONCACAF - 3 teams into the knockout stage. Respect.

Jurgen was beaming, and you can't blame him - certainly this was a tougher group than we survived in 2010 or 2002. Belgium is a winnable game for us - they'll be favored and should be, but we were better than Portugal and we beat Ghana. We have a shot. I would love to see Yedlin get a start - he's provided a real spark.

Would have been nice to equalize at the end - those were good chances. But in the end, it's a great day.
Been a stressful night though, eh?

itisjustme: First we need to play the second place from group H. Probably Algeria or South Korea.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-26, 13:09   Link #1111
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by itisjustme View Post
USA needs more composure to go past Belgium but it shouldn't be impossible.

Germany on course to face off France, could be the best game in this WC.
When was the last time Germany face off France?

Assume they will not be knocked out by Belgium or whoever on the other group. Could be Russia
__________________
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-26, 13:13   Link #1112
Sheba
Rewarded w/ Bis-neesama
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Iwakawa base server
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
When was the last time Germany face off France?
In the eightties. It was very tragic for the French. Google Schumacher Battiston 1982.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-26, 13:16   Link #1113
Mentar
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
In the eightties. It was very tragic for the French. Google Schumacher Battiston 1982.
Not quite. Last World Cup match was in 1986. Germany won 2:0 in the semifinals.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-26, 13:19   Link #1114
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Been a stressful night though, eh?

itisjustme: First we need to play the second place from group H. Probably Algeria or South Korea.
Those 15 minutes after Ghana scored felt like a year. Brutal.

Belgium is a game we can win. But I wouldn't count on Altidore - that hammy looked pretty bad. Against Belgium I would go back to what I've been arguing since the injury - use Johannsson as a withdrawn forward and Dempsey as a true striker.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-26, 13:32   Link #1115
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 26
with the way we're playing, belgium will cut through us like butter. wayyyyyy too many misplaced passes. Bradley is still completely unimpressive. you don't think Lukaku and Hazard will make us pay for errors like that?
__________________
Aria is the best series EVER. Rewatch Origination with me.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-26, 13:34   Link #1116
Kakurin-san
ねぇ、無理は禁物よ?
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
When was the last time Germany face off France?
The last friendly was in February 2013. Germany won 2:1 in the Stade de France in Paris.
Kakurin-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-26, 13:39   Link #1117
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: London, UK
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
with the way we're playing, belgium will cut through us like butter. wayyyyyy too many misplaced passes. Bradley is still completely unimpressive. you don't think Lukaku and Hazard will make us pay for errors like that?
Lukaku so far hasn't been impressive at this World Cup.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-26, 13:44   Link #1118
Blaat
AS member for 10 years
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
I think the only CONCACAF team that has a good chance of reaching the quarter-final is Costa Rica. The other two need all the luck they can get.
__________________
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-26, 13:54   Link #1119
Kakurin-san
ねぇ、無理は禁物よ?
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
Lukaku so far hasn't been impressive at this World Cup.
Belgium as a team hasn't impressed in their two games. I don't think the US is that chanceless.
Kakurin-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-26, 13:54   Link #1120
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
Lukaku so far hasn't been impressive at this World Cup.
doesn't really matter. he's one of those players who can turn a game instantly if you give him the chance.
__________________
Aria is the best series EVER. Rewatch Origination with me.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.