AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2014-06-18, 00:48   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 750 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Pos ting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

It's been a long two weeks, but Oda is finally back from sick leave! Credit goes to Redon and Aohige from AP for the spoiler summaries:

-Chapter title is "The State of War". Splash page is a color page that features Luffy and his gang of coliseum allies.

-While Zoro faces off against Pica, the gladiators take this opportunity to storm the palace. Naturally, the grunts who attempt to stop them are no match for the warriors. Luffy and Law leave Pica to Zoro and head for the palace themselves, as well.

-Meanwhile, Kyros is being chased by the controlled citizens, but he manages to escape. We then cut to Usopp's group, where they reach the ground where the palace used to be. They run into king Riku and Viola, the latter of whom having found the keys for Law's chains. Riku asks his daughter why she's willing to help the Straw-Hats, and she replies that they're currently much more trustworthy than the world government and marines. Leo of the Tontattas agrees with her, telling the king that the crew are heroes. Rebecca then says that she'll bring the keys to Luffy with Leo and Kabu, while the remaining dwarves will help Franky destroy the Smile factory.

-We then cut to the cyborg in question, who's about to blast the factory with his radical beam just when he gets interrupted by Sr. Pink, who uses a suplex on him! The officer wants to settle the score with Franky, and the two begin their second round. Back at the palace, the gladiators are climbing the palace's walls, which confuses Dofla's officers, as the marines were supposed to be keeping them at bay. However, Baby 5 discovers the very obstacle obstructing the marines with her binoculars.....

-Sabo stands in the way of the marines led by Fujitora and Bastille. The blind admiral tells him to move, but the rebel leader says he won't let anyone who means to harm Luffy and his friends get past him. Fuji asks if that's his duty as a revolutionary, but Sabo responds with saying that it's his duty as a brother instead. The admiral is curious as to who Sabo's brother is....

Well, no flashback as many people expected, but still a cool chapter nonetheless, I think. Luffy and co. are ever closer to the palace, Franky continues his battle against Sr. Pink, and Sabo's taking on Fujitora and Bastille. I still highly doubt that our rebel friend can topple an admiral, but I think he can at least hold him off for a good while. Though to be honest, I'm actually kinda more interested in seeing Bastille in action, heh.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-18, 03:45   Link #2
ri0

Finally we're back in action!

I liked how Sr. Pink intervened Franky's beam. Also it's good to know, that the key to Law's chains is being brought to him. I can't wait to see him going wild again!

Nice chapter with a cool ending - Sabo vs. Marines
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-18, 06:18   Link #3
imza

I was hoping we got to see what Sabo as up to! I'm glad to see he's taking on Fuji, somewhat mirroring Ace blocking Smoker in Arabasta.

I don't think we will see an all out fight between the two currently as I'd imagine Sabo's fire will keep the Marines at bay but I still think he can take down an admiral. To me, the more important question is, how good would he do against a sword fighting admiral if he himself is not a sword fighter?
imza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-18, 07:12   Link #4
OH&S
In Midst of Index Drought

Very satisfied with this chapter. The art was great. Oda was controlling all the pieces on the chessboard adequately. Franky has his encounter with Sr. Pink. And badass Sabo is still badass.
Old 2014-06-18, 07:23   Link #5
II Maestro

Like that color page of Colosseum Army~! Luffy, Zoro, Law, Cavendish sitting on the sofa is cool~!

Franky v.s. Seņor Pink two pervert fighting it out to determined who the ultimate pervert is.

Sabo who ate mera mera no mi controls fire v.s. Fujitora who ate an unknown devil fruit controls gravity.
Old 2014-06-18, 07:59   Link #6
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

might dragon show up to save sabo at the last second? there is no way sabo can handle the entire marine forces by himself...

it's just luffy n law now? i'm assuming the gladiators will fight the rest of dofla's officers?
Old 2014-06-18, 08:41   Link #7
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Sabo!!!!!...... so awesome
at first, I thought it would be hard to get past Doflamingo family + Marines... but since Sabo is holding Marines, then it won't be hard to destroy Doflamingo team
Old 2014-06-18, 10:59   Link #8
LowCholesterol
Under Pressure...

hmm, i have so many things in my head after reading this chapter

1. Franky vs Senor ( 2 hentai fight ). Senor said the factory door is strong enough to held franky beam, but i think the factory building have the "weak point" just like the colleseum arena.

2. Princess Manshelly. why she is the only tontattas imprisoned, i guess she is the smartest among the tribe and could ruin the dofla plan if she is free

3. "GOD" Usopp. I can't stop laughing about his future bounty which could make himself fear. And i have questioned my friend about "why usopp get the 5 star?" there are 2 most possible answer. And most of them answer :

A. he is the one who make Dresrossa in chaos after "beat" sugar

B. Mental. yeah, dofla is a tactician so maybe he think "Usopp is not that strong but he had done something big, so if he is defeated first in the game i make. the fighting spirit of their alliance will down drastically"

what's your opinion about this chapter?
LowCholesterol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-18, 11:37   Link #9
imza

Quote:
Originally Posted by II Maestro View Post

Sabo who ate mera mera no mi controls fire v.s. Fujitora who ate an unknown devil fruit controls gravity.
I'm not even sure if Fuji at the fruit, his power seems to only manifest when he takes out his sword so I wouldn't be surprised if it's revealed that it's his sword that ate the fruit.
imza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-18, 13:09   Link #10
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantsuSister View Post

3. "GOD" Usopp. I can't stop laughing about his future bounty which could make himself fear. And i have questioned my friend about "why usopp get the 5 star?" there are 2 most possible answer. And most of them answer :

A. he is the one who make Dresrossa in chaos after "beat" sugar

B. Mental. yeah, dofla is a tactician so maybe he think "Usopp is not that strong but he had done something big, so if he is defeated first in the game i make. the fighting spirit of their alliance will down drastically"
It was already stated by Doflamingo, that Usopp received 5 stars for his doings on that day...
Old 2014-06-18, 14:08   Link #11
Rainbowman

Now if there are no more delays, here's my prediction:

*Next chapter will have Law being free of those chains, Zoro defeating Pica, Franky defeating Seņor Pink, and Sabo vs. Fujitora and Bastille.

*Chapter after that will have Luffy against Doflamingo.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-18, 15:26   Link #12
shalala

Flame pipe Sabo, finally it has been shown.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-18, 16:08   Link #13
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by imza View Post
To me, the more important question is, how good would he do against a sword fighting admiral if he himself is not a sword fighter?
I kinda think that a flaming pipe is more than satisfactory enough to handle a sword, wouldn't you agree?

Quote:
2. Princess Manshelly. why she is the only tontattas imprisoned, i guess she is the smartest among the tribe and could ruin the dofla plan if she is free

Uh, the princess ISN'T the only one who's imprisoned, though. Remember, there's 500 other dwarves being held as slaves in the factory, as well. Though it's currently unclear whether or not the princess is one of the laborers.....

Also, I'm kinda surprised that I don't see more people creaming themselves over the possibility of Sabo beating ol' Fuji. Not that I see that happening (oh, GOD no ), but I can see a lot of people coming to that conclusion. Personally, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Oda merely off-screened Sabo's encounter with the marines.....
Old 2014-06-19, 02:02   Link #14
LowCholesterol
Under Pressure...

@ri0 i know dofla say that, but we don't know what is his strategy for putting 5 star on usopp

@marvelB yeah, but why the other 500 enslaved dwarves? because they're stupid, and could easily tricked. so i think the princess was placed in special jail.

Last edited by LowCholesterol; 2014-06-19 at 02:05. Reason: typo
LowCholesterol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-19, 02:59   Link #15
ZerothBastion
Edogawa Conan, Tantei-sa

Still wondering how the hell does Curos run with one leg?
As a toy he had wheels but now that he is in human form does he hop towards his enemies? It doesn't feel to intimidating getting attacked by such a person

He should copy Shiki(Golden lion) and stick a sword in that empty space

PS: Loved Bartolomeo's reaction
ZerothBastion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-19, 03:18   Link #16
adriankhoo153

I dun think Sabo can manage to handle Fujitaro alone.
He is strong but not until admiral level
adriankhoo153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-19, 03:28   Link #17
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Send a message via Skype™ to Poetic Justice
Not many developments. I was looking forward to a Law flashback.
Old 2014-06-19, 05:29   Link #18
ri0

Quote:
@ri0 i know dofla say that, but we don't know what is his strategy for putting 5 star on usopp
The way he said it, I think he is simply super pissed and wants Usopp dead as fast as possible
Old 2014-06-19, 05:55   Link #19
ZerothBastion
Edogawa Conan, Tantei-sa

even though its impossible and doesn't look like its going to happen, i want to see Usopp vs Trebol badly ~ Showdown between two sharpshooters, which has never happened so far since 'Daddy' in Loguetown
ZerothBastion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-19, 07:29   Link #20
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZerothBastion View Post
even though its impossible and doesn't look like its going to happen, i want to see Usopp vs Trebol badly ~ Showdown between two sharpshooters, which has never happened so far since 'Daddy' in Loguetown

Daddy was an anime filler character, so he doesn't count, unfortunately. And I've seen no indication that Trebol is a sharpshooter-type. Unless you're thinking of stuff like his sticky shigan-type move or destroying the tower with a pirate ship? Because that's more a sign of his DF ability and insane strength rather than sniping skills, heh.