AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2014-07-15, 14:11   Link #81
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Hana continues to be the main draw for me. Not that I don't enjoy the other characters, mind you. Yaya's jealousy and overall tsundereness were pretty cute. She didn't take long to realize she wasn't treating Naru fairly and immediately corrected her behavior. She's a nice friend to have. Curious to see how she'll end up joining the Yosakoi club, as she doesn't seem to have any interests in it.
Old 2014-07-15, 18:35   Link #82
Flower
Purrrfectly cuddly! ^^

The next ep pv seems to indicate that Yaya will consciously begin competing with Hana for Naru's attention. I have a feeling this may lead to Yaya sitting in on the Yosakoi Society's practices and it may perk her interest, though itvwill likely be initially expressed in a tsun-tsun manner. From the character summaries of each of the characters it looks like Yaya will become a member in name only...at least initially.

The other two characters are different. Tami, the long haired ojousama whose house Naru visited in ep 1 for a delivery of some sort, is a childhood friend of Naru's and apparently looks up to Naru quite a bit, which I find kind of intriguing. Naru invites her to join the Yosakoi Society and she accepts, apparently. She is the student council Vice President too, and she makes a cameo with the President in ep 1 when she notices Naru being chased around the school by Hana.

Presumably it is through Tami that the fifth member, the student council President herself whose name is Machi, comes into contact with everyone. Machi treasures her friendship with Tami, though is quite strict with others and herself in general. Machi apparently forbids the Yosakoi Society to practice on the roof after school after finding out about the Society and their activities (presumably their existance and activities are unofficial).

All of this is mentioned in the official character sketches given before the series aired on the ANN site.
Old 2014-07-15, 18:45   Link #83
HandofFate

I think Yaya is going to join the Yosakoi club, but feel bad for her club members.
They didn't really much, but I liked the short K-on scenes of them in the clubroom.
Old 2014-07-17, 22:38   Link #84
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die

Started watching this today, and I'm enjoying it. It fills the "cute girls doing cute things" void for this season. lol

And Hana's a crazy weaboo double-fang parkour Jersey gaijin girl. What an unbelievable combo. #killerkawaii
Old 2014-07-19, 07:53   Link #85
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Another great episode. The levels of gay in this anime are slowly rising. I'm not usually one for moeblob, but this anime manages to be insanely adorable yet not reach werp territory. Hopefully we will see more character development in future episodes.
Old 2014-07-20, 10:59   Link #86
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Apparently, this is the season for yuri. I liked how both Naru and Hana were extremely nervous about seeing each other at Naru's place.

Also liked how Hana saw through Yaya's tsun by calling her tsundere in the open, thus exposing Yaya's jealousy towards Hana, who managed to get Naru to do things she couldn't do.

And then there's the blushing. It's been a while since I saw girls blush this much on various occasions.
Old 2014-07-20, 11:04   Link #87
tsunade666

I absolutely loving this series. This will be my guilty pleasure this season. The one I can watch and relaxed and enjoy the cuteness of the characters. Its also surprising that the story actually has a bit of plot in it. I'm liking it. It also helps that the girls are absoletly cute. Specially the nee-san that is rich. I'm liking her most based on the dance in the op absolutely yamato nadeshiko character.

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 13:14   Link #88
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Some avatars:

Old 2014-07-20, 21:04   Link #89
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
Some avatars:
woaah! cute avatars.

I'll be taking this one thank you

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 21:19   Link #90
Flower
Purrrfectly cuddly! ^^

Yes ... very nicely done ninryu. ^^

Up for putting together a few sigs too? Some folks may be interested....
Old 2014-07-20, 21:32   Link #91
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
Some avatars:

Can I take this one?

Only now I'm realizing it's almost time for more Yosakoi, and hopefully more tsundere Yaya.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 21:45   Link #92
Flower
Purrrfectly cuddly! ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Can I take this one?
I say go ahead and take it (for what my input it is worth)!

Quote:
Only now I'm realizing it's almost time for more Yosakoi, and hopefully more tsundere Yaya.
Very true! Tomorrow is the day....

Have been mulling over ep 2 for a bit.

There were some people I have spoken with who felt that the way Yaya's jealousy was presented felt rushed and artificially resolved by the end of the ep. I thought that the presentation of Yaya’s jealousy worked out plenty fine. Furthermore, if you noticed the pv for the next ep (i.e. tomorrow's ep 3) it seems that it has NOT been resolved. It looks like Yaya will begin actively competing for Naru’s attention and may even intend to try to take her away from Hana. All Yaya did in ep 2 was essentially realize that she was jealous, that she was being unfair in lashing out at Naru on the steps in front of school, and that Naru is showing seriousness about Yosakoi.

Even so the possessiveness of Naru’s exclusive friendship and the awareness that she (i.e. Yaya) had not been as good a friend to Naru as she thought Naru deserved are still present and has not gone anywhere. So to my mind only a little of the problem was resolved – the rest of the problem will continue. And to me that is definitely not rushing things, because the root issue has not fully come to a head in Yaya’s actions, only the tip of the iceberg has been seen. We will likely see more of that in the next episode.

I think the story here is showing that those whom Naru lets into her life are often very strongly affected by her – we have Hana in the present and Yaya in the past (Tami will also figure into this as well later on, I bet). Hana is a friend who will encourage her to blossom into her own while Naru protected her and took care of her in the past. In the larger context Naru seems to be growing from one stage into another (i.e. “coming of age”) and it is hard for those who were used to the place someone was before to relate to where the person they always knew is heading off…maybe even leaving them behind? To me this is exactly what is happening with Naru and Yaya, but whereas in many cases friendships might become awkward or dwindle away sometimes new dynamics can be created, and I think the new dynamic will be Naru being the “leader” of sorts while Yaya becomes a “follower”.

No doubt this will become clearer in ep 3!
Old 2014-07-20, 22:28   Link #93
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Very true! Tomorrow is the day....

Have been mulling over ep 2 for a bit.

There were some people I have spoken with who felt that the way Yaya's jealousy was presented felt rushed and artificially resolved by the end of the ep. I thought that the presentation of Yaya’s jealousy worked out plenty fine.
I did think it was a tiny bit rushed, but didn't care because I loved Yaya's tsundere mode, and the fact she recognized that things had gone too far.

I swear I don't go gaga for tsunderes so often

Quote:
Furthermore, if you noticed the pv for the next ep (i.e. tomorrow's ep 3) it seems that it has NOT been resolved. It looks like Yaya will begin actively competing for Naru’s attention and may even intend to try to take her away from Hana. All Yaya did in ep 2 was essentially realize that she was jealous, that she was being unfair in lashing out at Naru on the steps in front of school, and that Naru is showing seriousness about Yosakoi.
That's a lot of progress for one episode, though.

Quote:
Even so the possessiveness of Naru’s exclusive friendship and the awareness that she (i.e. Yaya) had not been as good a friend to Naru as she thought Naru deserved are still present and has not gone anywhere. So to my mind only a little of the problem was resolved – the rest of the problem will continue. And to me that is definitely not rushing things, because the root issue has not fully come to a head in Yaya’s actions, only the tip of the iceberg has been seen. We will likely see more of that in the next episode.
We (and Yaya herself) know(s) the cause for her actions already, though: she sees Naru as her most reliable friend who fits her personality perfectly and doesn't want to lose that connection. Of course, even knowing the root of the problem, having being friends for so long, Yaya isn't letting go so easily. It's actually a nice parallel with Naru's situation.

Quote:
I think the story here is showing that those whom Naru lets into her life are often very strongly affected by her – we have Hana in the present and Yaya in the past (Tami will also figure into this as well later on, I bet).
Sorry for the unusual comment, but this part makes Naru sound like a harem lead

Quote:
Hana is a friend who will encourage her to blossom into her own while Naru protected her and took care of her in the past. In the larger context Naru seems to be growing from one stage into another (i.e. “coming of age”) and it is hard for those who were used to the place someone was before to relate to where the person they always knew is heading off…maybe even leaving them behind? To me this is exactly what is happening with Naru and Yaya, but whereas in many cases friendships might become awkward or dwindle away sometimes new dynamics can be created, and I think the new dynamic will be Naru being the “leader” of sorts while Yaya becomes a “follower”.
I agree with most of this, except I see more of a shared leadership with this two, in a moral/technical kind of way. It could go either way, though.
Old 2014-07-20, 23:24   Link #94
Flower
Purrrfectly cuddly! ^^

Quote:
....We (and Yaya herself) know(s) the cause for her actions already, though: she sees Naru as her most reliable friend who fits her personality perfectly and doesn't want to lose that connection.

Of course, even knowing the root of the problem, having being friends for so long, Yaya isn't letting go so easily. It's actually a nice parallel with Naru's situation....
"Reliable", eh? Hmm.... Could you go more into that?

Do you mean faithful? In the sense of someone she feels will stick with her through thick and thin?

Or someone before whom Yaya feels she can be most truly "herself"?

Or a different sense of the word "reliable"?

Am asking because the word "reliable" was not one I would have immediately thought of to describe how Yaya sees Naru.

Part of the reason may be that I kind of assumed that Yaya defined the main dynamic of her wanting to be with Naru as "protective". That may have been a justification or how she explained it to herself, but I think what she loved about Naru was how accepting Naru was of her on the one hand, but also how thoroughly Naru was "herself" without any pretending or posing. (Both "allow" Yaya to "be herself" around Naru.)

Oh yes - when I meant "leader" and "follower" I meant in the sense of the person who "sets the tone" in an obvious external way. It is not a "cutting down" of Yaya in any way, just an indication of Naru's honesty and simplicity (in the good sense of the word) eventually growing more into her own skin, I guess.

Now that I think about it in some ways it might be argued that Naru is already the leader between the two. Who she is set the tone for how Yaya chose to respond to her, that is - as a protector. And that has continued. Naru is setting the tone here, in a quiet, unobtrusive sort of way.
Old 2014-07-20, 23:38   Link #95
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:

Do you mean faithful? In the sense of someone she feels will stick with her through thick and thin?

Am asking because the word "reliable" was not one I would have immediately thought of to describe how Yaya sees Naru.

Part of the reason may be that I kind of assumed that Yaya defined the main dynamic of her wanting to be with Naru as "protective". That may have been a justification or how she explained it to herself, but I think what she loved about Naru was how accepting Naru was of her on the one hand, but also how thoroughly Naru was "herself" without any pretending or posing. (Both "allow" Yaya to "be herself" around Naru.)

Oh yes - when I meant "leader" and "follower" I meant in the sense of the person who "sets the tone" in an obvious external way. It is not a "cutting down" of Yaya in any way, just an indication of Naru's honesty and simplicity (in the good sense of the word) eventually growing more into her own skin, I guess.

Now that I think about it in some ways it might be argued that Naru is already the leader between the two. Who she is set the tone for how Yaya chose to respond to her, that is - as a protector. And that has continued. Naru is setting the tone here, in a quiet, unobtrusive sort of way.
Will first say I didn't recognize it was you speaking. Didn't realize you went Nyanta there .

I think tone setting is a tough thing to say goes one way or the other. Acting and response almost depends on what you define as the starting behavior. You could say Naru's behavior set a tone that lead to Yaya choosing that protector role. Though you could say Yaya lead to that friendship in the first place by opening up to Naru who may not have started the conversations herself. Even on those steps it was Yaya's somewhat attack on Hana and Naru doing Yosakoi that lead to her jumping into it and wanting to prove herself.

Personally I'm not big on applying leader/follower to friendships since that just sounds pretty unhealthy . Groups sure, those things tend to require a goal oriented structure but I'm less eager to throw it into friendships. May just be me though .

I can see calling Naru a reliable friend for Yaya. A friend who has always been there no matter how silly or stupid Yaya's worries or successes really were. Someone she could trust to be on her side no matter what she was doing.

When it comes to Yaya and Naru I'm just glad they reached this point now. Think it really could have lead to a toxic relationship if Yaya just kept on ignoring Naru's worries and kept trying in a sense to hoard her like that. There is definitely a long way to go in dealing with the issues in there, but it's a definite step in the right direction.
Old 2014-07-21, 00:21   Link #96
Flower
Purrrfectly cuddly! ^^

Hmm ... okay, I think I see what you mean regarding Yaya regarding Naru as "reliable". Wonder what Requiem-x meant by the description as well.

And I agree that it IS good that things are where they are now between the two. Hana is good for Naru, and what is happening to her is good for Naru and Yaya's friendship as well. no question there.

Regardless of where things begin in individual friendships and group friendships there is still an identifiable tone being set often - more frequently in groups to be sure, but such things exist amongst friends as well, though yes - percentage wise it is shared more amongst friends as opposed to groups. I was speaking very generally, mind you, as opposed to making black and white statements or hard fast rules.

All that aside, I still feel Naru set the initial tone between Yaya and herself and the two of them have continued therein. That it was fine as far as it went at the time, but that it would eventually need to be moved beyond it, and Hana's catalyst was doing exactly that. Even while saying that it does not mean it is any easier for the people involved.

Though now that I think about it I think I am definitely reading my own experience of things into the situation. ^^
Old 2014-07-21, 00:45   Link #97
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:

A bit of both. Yaya likes Naru so much because she has always been able to count on Naru being there to have something good to say about her or just make her feel good by being around. Of course, it's obvious Naru's... little animal moe, to put in a kind way, makes Yaya feel protective of her, in addition to her desire to keep such a good friend around because of the previously mentioned reasons. Sounds weird, I know, but basically, just looking at Naru gives you that feeling.

Quote:
So far it sounds like there's more of the first than the second aspect you mention, but as you said, it's not over yet, so who knows.

Quote:
You mean in the sense of Yaya liking Naru's honesty and simplicity, or Yaya getting some of that in her own personality? Because right now honesty is not something she has plenty of

Quote:
I think it's way too soon to consider Naru a leader regarding anything, even in such a passive way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I can see calling Naru a reliable friend for Yaya. A friend who has always been there no matter how silly or stupid Yaya's worries or successes really were. Someone she could trust to be on her side no matter what she was doing.
Yup, that's how it is. Granted, part of that came from Naru's shyness not letting her get many friends, but Yaya had no fault for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
When it comes to Yaya and Naru I'm just glad they reached this point now. Think it really could have lead to a toxic relationship if Yaya just kept on ignoring Naru's worries and kept trying in a sense to hoard her like that. There is definitely a long way to go in dealing with the issues in there, but it's a definite step in the right direction.
Actually, Yaya felt almost mean spirited to me in the first episode, as if she didn't care or noticed Naru's feelings. Just my perspective of course, and I'm glad it's not like that.
Old 2014-07-21, 00:50   Link #98
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Hmm ... okay, I think I see what you mean regarding Yaya regarding Naru as "reliable". Wonder what Requiem-x meant by the description as well.

And I agree that it IS good that things are where they are now between the two. Hana is good for Naru, and what is happening to her is good for Naru and Yaya's friendship as well. no question there.

Regardless of where things begin in individual friendships and group friendships there is still an identifiable tone being set often - more frequently in groups to be sure, but such things exist amongst friends as well, though yes - percentage wise it is shared more amongst friends as opposed to groups. I was speaking very generally, mind you, as opposed to making black and white statements or hard fast rules.

All that aside, I still feel Naru set the initial tone between Yaya and herself and the two of them have continued therein. That it was fine as far as it went at the time, but that it would eventually need to be moved beyond it, and Hana's catalyst was doing exactly that. Even while saying that it does not mean it is any easier for the people involved.

Though now that I think about it I think I am definitely reading my own experience of things into the situation. ^^
Someone taking personal experiences and applying them to a situation? That'd never happen . Not sure how much I said was coloured by my own experiences, probably all of it .

Yeah, I wouldn't say that there are any rules that will apply to all friendships or groups. Probably throwing my own feelings into it that I'd prefer to see a much more even or at the very least back and forth friendship going on there.

Regardless I'm eager to see the next episode and where things evolve from here. Plenty more room for things to develop.
Old 2014-07-21, 01:39   Link #99
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Quote:
Can I take this one?

Feel free. That's what they're there for. About signatures - we'll see. I'm not sure how good I am at that.
Old 2014-07-21, 14:31   Link #100
Marina2

Spoiler for ep.3:

Tags
all-girl ensemble, dancing, manga time kirara