AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-08-25, 23:04   Link #201
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: in a boring place you will not want to go to
Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Stuff like that is why Minako is far and away my favorite character. She is at once both one of the funnest characters and the most mature (when she is acting as Sailor V or Sailor Venus) of the Inners (probably since she is the leader of the Inners).
I know; Minako's hilarious. I've burst out loling during the manga thanks to her many a times...

As Venus, she's a wonderful leader! Always the first to take action.
__________________
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-26, 03:59   Link #202
Vegard Aune
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In the middle of nowhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Anyway it was not worse than Twilight. NOTHING is worse than Twilight. Pretty much everything in VK is superior to Twilight.....like ALL works of literature are superior to Twilight.
You know, over on That Guy With The Glasses, the Nostalgia Chick and Nella are writing a book-series of their own parodying Twilight, and making vlogs of their progress on it... They mentioned in a recent video that, having read a bunch of young adult paranormal romance novels, they've found that Twilight is actually one of the better entries into the genre. Like, I won't pretend to know how that can be being that I have never read Twilight nor anything else in the genre myself, but yeah... Upon immersing themselves into the genre they actually flat-out said that Twilight comes off as extremely competent and well-written compared to much of the other crap involving romances with supernatural beings.
__________________
Thinking of stuff to put in a signature is hard...
Vegard Aune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 00:05   Link #203
PreSage
Ah nuts!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: some random place out there...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Especially Usagi....but yes, you'd be correct in that. Minako is still pretty goofy in the manga....but as Sailor Venus, she never fools around. And her 'goofiness' isn't ditzy-type of goofy; she just gets overly excited about things.
One thing that I didn't like even when I watched it back in the years of the original anime was that their goofiness were portrayed as airhead, ditzy girls. Their manga counterparts were not ditzy airheads at all (at least not to that extent); that's why I prefer the manga over the original anime. So I'm really glad to see the manga personalities coming out in Crystal.
__________________
:|Sig Gallery|:
:|
Bishielicious|:
---------------
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 17:52   Link #204
minaku
Princess of Hades
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
According to an interview in the recently published Sailor Moon Crystal book the series will cover arc 1 and 2. It is official... R.I.P decent characterization and adaptation.
__________________
If you the reason I am lonely, I don't mind.
minaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 18:22   Link #205
Konja9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by minaku View Post
According to an interview in the recently published Sailor Moon Crystal book the series will cover arc 1 and 2. It is official... R.I.P decent characterization and adaptation.
This is the excerpt of the interview:
http://nagisayuu.tumblr.com/post/957...he-visual-book

A curious thing, the writers mention that they are following the story act by act, but also mentioned that they will develop the relationship between Senshi x Shitennou.

I wonder how they can put some sort of development in the relationship between Senshi x Shitennou, whether they are adapting 14 chapters full of story. I guess they will take liberties and make some changes to the story.


PS: After re-reading this interview, I got the impression the writers wanted to have more episodes to work.
Konja9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-28, 02:54   Link #206
minaku
Princess of Hades
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
I highly doubt they can do that properly in 13 episodes, but who knows...
__________________
If you the reason I am lonely, I don't mind.
minaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-29, 18:13   Link #207
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: in a boring place you will not want to go to
Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
You know, over on That Guy With The Glasses, the Nostalgia Chick and Nella are writing a book-series of their own parodying Twilight, and making vlogs of their progress on it... They mentioned in a recent video that, having read a bunch of young adult paranormal romance novels, they've found that Twilight is actually one of the better entries into the genre. Like, I won't pretend to know how that can be being that I have never read Twilight nor anything else in the genre myself, but yeah... Upon immersing themselves into the genre they actually flat-out said that Twilight comes off as extremely competent and well-written compared to much of the other crap involving romances with supernatural beings.
That should deeply depress me...but here's the REALLY funny part:

Meyer intended Twilight to be for adults.

Not young adults, not teens, but people over 20.

...........yep.

.........stopped laughing yet?

She took it to the publisher, told them that, they basically went "R U SRIS, LOL NOPE" ................and it was marketed to tweens.


Quote:
One thing that I didn't like even when I watched it back in the years of the original anime was that their goofiness were portrayed as airhead, ditzy girls. Their manga counterparts were not ditzy airheads at all (at least not to that extent); that's why I prefer the manga over the original anime. So I'm really glad to see the manga personalities coming out in Crystal.
Likewise.
I strongly dislike when a character is flanderized "for the sake of lulz" and Usagi and Minako were major victims of this in the 90s anime.
__________________
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 23:21   Link #208
minaku
Princess of Hades
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
The first blu ray disc art revealed
Spoiler for Image:
__________________
If you the reason I am lonely, I don't mind.
minaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 23:38   Link #209
Sakuya
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: United States
Age: 26
Wow, thanks for sharing. It's really nice. Kind of a giveaway when they replace her tiara with the moon though. I was expecting them to use the promo art actually with her reaching out for the Silver Crystal.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 23:56   Link #210
minaku
Princess of Hades
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
qqWow, if they have used that or the hideous concept art again, it could have been unforgivable. I actually like this cover, although it could have been better, it is good enough. Hope they fix all their mistakes and wonky faces for the blu ray, so this beautiful cover would suit it. I know for sure they have fixed some of them - in an article, including images of the anime and the VAs there is a fixed frame with Ami, so there is a light of hope.
__________________
If you the reason I am lonely, I don't mind.

Last edited by minaku; 2014-09-03 at 02:33.
minaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-03, 20:17   Link #211
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Nazareth, PA
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
I have determined that this every 2-or-3-weeks crap is going to get really old. I was most upset when I realized it was the 5th Saturday of the month this past weekend and that we'd get no new episode.
__________________
A good plan violently executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future. –General George S. Patton, Jr.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-04, 00:35   Link #212
minaku
Princess of Hades
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
This schedule really sucks. Let's hope they used this extra week and the 5th episode is animated better.
__________________
If you the reason I am lonely, I don't mind.
minaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-04, 10:23   Link #213
Faerie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Enjoying tea with Kotori and Isabel
Cover doesn't look too bad. Maybe they'll fix some of the really bad stuff after all. Though I wish they'd stop with that awkward posing + empty expression + duckface they insist on making all the scouts do. It creeps me out.
__________________
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-04, 15:05   Link #214
Baldurkai
Ultra durable
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Aincrad - Floor 22 - Log House
Quote:
Originally Posted by minaku View Post
This schedule really sucks. Let's hope they used this extra week and the 5th episode is animated better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
Cover doesn't look too bad. Maybe they'll fix some of the really bad stuff after all. Though I wish they'd stop with that awkward posing + empty expression + duckface they insist on making all the scouts do. It creeps me out.
Agreed I think the cover looks nice and much better than some stills from that anime >.>.

I do hope there has been some improvements to the animation and overall quality. but at the same time I've had my expectations crashed by them so far...
Baldurkai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 02:38   Link #215
minaku
Princess of Hades
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Desite all the problems, I still can't wait for the next episode. They handle the story very well so far and Makoto is my second favourite character, so I hope they portray her very well. I still can't believe how much I like the new voices - I was so disappointed about this decision to use new VAs, but they are really good and it is just natural. By the way the new english dub is nothing special. The script is funny and faithful, but some voices, especially Naru's voice, makes me shiver. The video quality is really bad, they should have just clean it a little like the italian dvds, not making blu ray out of this upscale, they removed grain so badly, everything is bleached...

The new episode was amazing. No issues for a very first time, the pacing was good, the added scenes with Mako were super cute. What an extra week can do! Not a single awkward frame, beautiful posing from Mako, not so jarring transformation. Everything was so good, I actually cried
__________________
If you the reason I am lonely, I don't mind.

Last edited by minaku; 2014-09-06 at 07:04.
minaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 09:55   Link #216
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Nazareth, PA
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by minaku View Post
The new episode was amazing. No issues for a very first time, the pacing was good, the added scenes with Mako were super cute. What an extra week can do! Not a single awkward frame, beautiful posing from Mako, not so jarring transformation. Everything was so good, I actually cried
I hope they treat Minako this well in a month (it pains me to say that it will take that long).
__________________
A good plan violently executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future. –General George S. Patton, Jr.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 10:06   Link #217
minaku
Princess of Hades
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
I hope they treat Minako this well in a month (it pains me to say that it will take that long).
I hope so too, Minako is my girl, she deserves best. I still can't believe they've actually putted some effort this time, producing decent episode art-wisely ( it is still stiff and not so fluent, guess it will never be). Hope that now, the release of the blu ray and dvds is near they will step up with their animation. Still happy I didn't dropped the series.
__________________
If you the reason I am lonely, I don't mind.

Last edited by minaku; 2014-09-07 at 16:30.
minaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 16:08   Link #218
PreSage
Ah nuts!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: some random place out there...
I've really liked how they treated Makoto's episode and the portrayal of Makoto's character here. She's so much more mature, strong, and intelligent - very unlike the Makoto from the old series. The animation was great too. The girls were all very lovely.

I really am very satisfied with how well all the girls' personalities are portrayed in Crystal. They are shown as mature, intelligent and respectable girls very befitting of their responsibilities as Sailor Soldiers (even Usagi is a lot better - she doesn't wail like a crybaby in every freaking episode like in the old anime) compared to the previous anime version. I'm actually enjoying this remake a lot right now. Can't wait to see Minako!

...although I do feel sad for the Inner Senshi and the Generals, since they'll never be able to get together again...and it's hinted at every time. I think Mercury/Ami was the only one that we haven't seen this hint yet but then Zoisite hasn't made a personal appearance to the Senshi yet.

It will be really too bad if the new SM won't extend all the way to the end of the manga because I would love to see the Outer Senshi debut with their manga personalities.
__________________
:|Sig Gallery|:
:|
Bishielicious|:
---------------
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 17:09   Link #219
minaku
Princess of Hades
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
I also like the very subtle character development, we can see here and there. Ami has become more relaxed around strangers, and she has become more confident - she even sopped wear the baggy sweater. And Rei has finally started to show her temper, now when she is accepted. As expected Usagi has become more brave, although she is still obnoxious brat, but less of a cry baby. And I thing they are preparing a very sad shitennou death - a chocolate parfait for everyone this time around. And when I said chocolate parfait - is it me, or they made a reference to the Naru/ Nephrite relationship. A scene with Nephrite was instantly followed by Naru in a wedding gown.
__________________
If you the reason I am lonely, I don't mind.
minaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 17:51   Link #220
Konja9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by minaku View Post
I also like the very subtle character development, we can see here and there. Ami has become more relaxed around strangers, and she has become more confident - she even sopped wear the baggy sweater. And Rei has finally started to show her temper, now when she is accepted. As expected Usagi has become more brave, although she is still obnoxious brat, but less of a cry baby. And I thing they are preparing a very sad shitennou death - a chocolate parfait for everyone this time around. And when I said chocolate parfait - is it me, or they made a reference to the Naru/ Nephrite relationship. A scene with Nephrite was instantly followed by Naru in a wedding gown.
Well, Rei's temper is something that generates me doubts. I do not know if she shows her temper because she is accepted, maybe that's the reason, but I'm not sure.

Another possibility is that Rei distrusts men and this is a touchy subject for her, then she acts "hostile" when she talks about men, but maybe she still acting friendly with respect to other situations (like in episode 4).
Konja9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.