AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2014-07-14, 20:19   Link #21
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
The original anime was very different from the manga. Ep 3 synopsis is consistent with what happens in chapter 3 of the manga so obviously the new anime is following the manga and going at a 1 episode per chapter pace. So episode 26 will cover chapter 26 of the manga which is the final chapter of the Black Moon arc.
Okay, yes, I know the manga is different. I've read it. It's been awhile, but I've read it.

I am surprised, though, that they'd move quite that fast even with an anime designed to reflect the manga better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by minaku View Post
At least we are going to see Pluto sooner
That will rejuvenate me after my high dissipates (if at all) from seeing Venus earlier.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-14, 21:42   Link #22
BloodyKitty
Bloody Cherry Blossoms

I'm more dying for the 3rd and 4th arcs to get animated. Nothing beats the Outer Senshis for me, especially this one girl in my avatar.
Old 2014-07-15, 15:23   Link #23
minaku
Princess of Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyKitty View Post
I'm more dying for the 3rd and 4th arcs to get animated. Nothing beats the Outer Senshis for me, especially this one girl in my avatar.
I hope we see her again and I hope Mamiko Noto voices her... Ippen shindemiru?
Old 2014-07-15, 17:24   Link #24
White Manju Bun
Dancin' fools
*Author

Quote:
Same, Pluto has always been my fave Senshi. I will be sad if Ogata Megumi doesnt voice Uranus.
- 11th Doctor.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-15, 19:18   Link #25
JagdPanther

Quote:
When the Outers arrive in the anime and manga, I recall, the themes of the stories became more complex, I think. I liked that.

Venus is still far and away my favorite character, but the Outers as a whole are up there, too. Pluto probably stands out the most because she's such a unique character amongst all the senshi.

Old 2014-07-15, 20:50   Link #26
BloodyKitty
Bloody Cherry Blossoms

I love the Inners as imo they are still a lot better portrayed than other similar stereotypes in other anime series, though each of the Outers is unique in their own way and I don't think I saw many similar characters like them again in anime.
Old 2014-07-15, 21:38   Link #27
Mazryonh

Quote:
That reference to "Ippen, Shinde Miru?" below your avatar picture means that you share my sentiment of wanting Mamiko Noto to voice Sailor Saturn this time around.

Last edited by Mazryonh; 2014-09-06 at 20:22.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-16, 01:21   Link #28
BloodyKitty
Bloody Cherry Blossoms

If Pluto appears in this season, then I'd love to see if the anime would try to address the whole "Pluto is not a planet anymore" issues. It would be fun to see new viewers' reaction.

^ Mamiko Noto is my favorite to voice her so I'm definitely looking forward to it if it happens.
Old 2014-07-16, 01:58   Link #29
minaku
Princess of Hades

Quote:
If Pluto appears in this season, then I'd love to see if the anime would try to address the whole "Pluto is not a planet anymore" issues. It would be fun to see new viewers' reaction.

^ Mamiko Noto is my favorite to voice her so I'm definitely looking forward to it if it happens.
I think it actually makes sense that Pluto is not a planet anymore. Sailor Pluto is the one under taboo, the isolated one, most people don't even know about her existence. It is actually very interesting aspect of it, the unknown senshi that doesn't have a planet, who is isolated and has a duty to stay in something like a limbo of a sort. Mamiko Noto can be a wonderful Pluto too, by the way she can say "Death Scream" better than anyone else.
Old 2014-07-16, 02:59   Link #30
BloodyKitty
Bloody Cherry Blossoms

Fanmade character designs for Chibi Usa and the Outers based on Crystal official designs for the Inners.
Old 2014-07-16, 03:18   Link #31
minaku
Princess of Hades

Quote:
Fanmade character designs for Chibi Usa and the Outers based on Crystal official designs for the Inners.
Thank you for sharing this, they are wonderful. Michiru looks gorgeous like this, but Hotaru has to be a little shorter, I am amazed how good some people are at doing things like this. So freaking realistic
Old 2014-07-16, 11:37   Link #32
xrick

Why do people mention the R Movie as something important to the main story?
I never got to know anything about it...
xrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-16, 12:11   Link #33
minaku
Princess of Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Why do people mention the R Movie as something important to the main story?
I never got to know anything about it...
It is not important to the main story, it is just wonderful, for most people it was the most memorable Sailor Moon movie. They did wonderful job with it. Toei back in the day were really good, creating their own stories, but when it comes to adaptation... The Sailor Moon S movie was the only movie based on a story, written by Naoko - the story is wonderful, the movie is quite a mess ( my personal opinion) - it is good, it has a wonderful soundtrack and animation, but compared to the Kaguya Hime's lover story... it is nothing special. However, the R movie is, for me and many people one of the best Sailor Moon experiences- the story is spot on, the art is not as polished as the other two movies, but it is charming, the animation is great. It is the essence of Sailor Moon, combining any aspect of the story. That is why many people mention it and Moon Revenge is like the best song ever - I am really sad that the same composer did the new ending and it is meh... ( the vocals ruin it, if just it was sung by Kotono and the new VAs for the main heroines like Moon Revenge and Tuxedo Mirage...) The R movie is like the peak of Sailor Moon.
Old 2014-07-16, 13:21   Link #34
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

When is the airing date for next episode?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-16, 13:26   Link #35
minaku
Princess of Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
When is the airing date for next episode?
19/07 - this Saturday It is almost here
Old 2014-07-16, 17:49   Link #36
PreSage
What?...no...

Quote:
19/07 - this Saturday It is almost here
Looking forward to seeing the new Ami/Sailor Mercury (and hearing what her new seiyuu sounds like)!

I wasn't quite expecting this, since it's a remake, but I'm actually getting excited to see each new episode just to see what the new versions of the Sailor Senshi will be like. (...and also what the new episodes will be like given that they're now following the manga more closely). It's still too bad that they didn't give Usagi a fresh, young voice, too.

This is like being an adult in a candy store - you've already been here so many times but it's still fun.

:|Sig Gallery|:
:|
Bishielicious|:
---------------

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-16, 17:51   Link #37
Hazou
Immortal Flames

I thought the remake was really good and I actually enjoyed the CGI transformation. I want to see the next episode.

Burn strongly and freely, my immortal flames.
Hazou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-16, 17:56   Link #38
Kazu-kun

Quote:
The R movie is like the peak of Sailor Moon.
Yeah it's definitely the best there is when comes to Sailor Moon anime. Too bad the R tv series wasn't half as good.
Old 2014-07-16, 20:47   Link #39
JagdPanther

Quote:
I'm gonna be "that guy" and say I am not that high on the fanmade portion. I think they're of lesser quality.

Old 2014-07-16, 21:45   Link #40
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub

I like what I've seen so far. The art style is like a super high quality version of the early 90s style. It's a little jarring at first, but I warmed up to it pretty quick. Although the limbs seems a little overly long. Miss the old intro song.

Pity it's been so damn long since I've actually watched or read sailor moon - don't think I ever finished the whole thing. Still picked up a pretty good idea of key events from other places though.

Bring on Rei, Ami, Hotaru and Setsuna!

Kind of surprised this doesn't have it's own sub-forum.