AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-07-14, 21:51   Link #1
YubelsDisaster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Belgium
Age: 21
Question Monster girls/girls that are partially human/animal/object

Hey peeps,

I'm looking for an anime that's about or at least have some, monster girls, as mine characters.
However I think I also need to point out what I don't like in animes.
I don't like it when the anime is just fanservice without an actual story.
I want an anime to have characters that 'evolve' troughout the anime if need be.
I already saw animes that contain 'monster girls'

-Dog days (one of my favorites except I kind of hated season 2)
-SHUFFLE (bascily had demons I see demons as monster girls a bit)
-Ika-musume or squid girl (I found this one quite funny though episode/episode didn't really had a story)
-sora no otoshimono (angels you know kind of monster girls ... not really but some people see it as that)

I do know that there's an anime coming out of the Kantai-collection thing.

~YubelsDisaster
__________________
[URL="http://neoshaiproductions.blogspot.be/[/URL]
YubelsDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-14, 22:03   Link #2
jedinat
フリーター
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 29
Devilman Lady - female protagonist is a devilman... basically a variation of the next stage of human evolution or whatever... monster hybrid humans
Utawarerumono - more in line with the anime you've listed. fox girls and others
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-14, 23:23   Link #3
YubelsDisaster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Belgium
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Devilman Lady - female protagonist is a devilman... basically a variation of the next stage of human evolution or whatever... monster hybrid humans
Utawarerumono - more in line with the anime you've listed. fox girls and others
Utawarerumono .... <- that thing with the weird title XD
seems quite intresting I'll check that out whenever I have time it has been noted down at least. Thank you for this hope I like it ...
When I completed it (unless for some reason I don't) i'll say what I think about it ^^
__________________
[URL="http://neoshaiproductions.blogspot.be/[/URL]
YubelsDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-15, 02:06   Link #4
YubelsDisaster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Belgium
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Devilman Lady - female protagonist is a devilman... basically a variation of the next stage of human evolution or whatever... monster hybrid humans
Utawarerumono - more in line with the anime you've listed. fox girls and others
Quote:
Originally Posted by YubelsDisaster View Post
Utawarerumono .... <- that thing with the weird title XD
seems quite intresting I'll check that out whenever I have time it has been noted down at least. Thank you for this hope I like it ...
When I completed it (unless for some reason I don't) i'll say what I think about it ^^
So I watched the first episode of it
I have to say from seeing that I will continue to watch it, it seems really interesting
I like the style, the pace, the time in wich it seems to be resolving
Apperently it's also about god, I do like that in a way.
Overall the only thing that bothered me from the first episode was the cliché reaction when the tail was grabbed

It does make me a little bit ... upset (not sure if that's the word)
I'm quite the peacefull guy and I like social interactions but I also like to have my own private place. But over here the people around me aren't worth talking to. I know them talked to them but they all smoke, some of them drink and the way they talk, think and handle bothers me. But yeah we live in the now and not in the past ... i know
__________________
[URL="http://neoshaiproductions.blogspot.be/[/URL]
YubelsDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-15, 05:24   Link #5
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
So I take it genre does not matter?

If you are fine with gore then you could check the ongoing Tokyo Ghoul

Claymore - all about girls as half yoma

Shingeki no Kyojin has a female character that can be considered a monster.

Kanon 2006 - has one character who happens to be an animal

Bakemonogatari
Otome Youkai Zakuro
Sankarea - zombie
Shiki - vampire
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia - ghost
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-15, 05:59   Link #6
YubelsDisaster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Belgium
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
So I take it genre does not matter?

If you are fine with gore then you could check the ongoing Tokyo Ghoul

Claymore - all about girls as half yoma

Shingeki no Kyojin has a female character that can be considered a monster.

Kanon 2006 - has one character who happens to be an animal

Bakemonogatari
Otome Youkai Zakuro
Sankarea - zombie
Shiki - vampire
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia - ghost
I mostly don't watch ongoing animes XD
I mostly wait until it's done, I noticed that I like older anime somewhat more because a lot of 'older' anime have less fanservice.

And well I don't mind gore, however I don't like dark animes ... and with that I mean like hellsing ... in a way I like it, because the main chara is a demon/vampire that kills as good as everything he sees but you can't really see a lot (or I can't really see a lot) I have the same problem with a lot of horror games now a days. I like horror and such but you can never see anything. Besides from some jump scares now and than I'm never scared in horror games because I can't see anything. The same goes with anime if I can't see it than I can't like it.

I will check on the animes I write every single one down but I will first finish the one I started becuz I know myself i'll start and never finish it ...

For Bakamonogatari ... I watched the first 2-3 episodes and I found it a little bit interesting however I never really feel like continueing.... idk why.

That's one of the biggest problems I have ... not only with anime but with all sort of things... I can't decide what I want. I can never choose and therefor I'm always annoyed by the choice I make.

Example with anime:
I like animes with a great story if there's no story I don't like it
However animes like K-ON that have no story for the single episodes but only one when you actually look back at the entire season don't bother me
Ika-musume ... who has no story ..... at all ..... I mean ... nothing happens in the anime .... But I loved that anime so much.

Yet animes like sword art online who has the story annoy me so much because everyone stays the same and every character comes in the anime for one episode and than dissapear ....

Irl it's even worse
I like the old japanese culture and for my flat I want to give it a nice, calm look
However I really like pop art and bright colours and I thought about putting in all random bright colors over my entire house .....

And now I have no idea where I was going with this XD
__________________
[URL="http://neoshaiproductions.blogspot.be/[/URL]
YubelsDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-15, 07:43   Link #7
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Watching the Sawks!
Age: 65
I'm going to suggest Oh! Edo Rocket. There are two female characters who are "others," there's no ecchi, it's brightly colored and richly illustrated, and it's set in 1843 Edo. That said, it's a rather zany sci-fi comedy from the fevered mind of Nakashima Kazuki who also wrote the screenplays for Gurren Lagann and Kill la Kill. This Edo has TVs, bullet trains, and the Internet. The subject matter is serious, though, with a focus on political repression.

If it weren't for the fanservice, I'd recommend Kill la Kill.
__________________
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-15, 08:03   Link #8
YubelsDisaster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Belgium
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I'm going to suggest Oh! Edo Rocket. There are two female characters who are "others," there's no ecchi, it's brightly colored and richly illustrated, and it's set in 1843 Edo. That said, it's a rather zany sci-fi comedy from the fevered mind of Nakashima Kazuki who also wrote the screenplays for Gurren Lagann and Kill la Kill. This Edo has TVs, bullet trains, and the Internet. The subject matter is serious, though, with a focus on political repression.

If it weren't for the fanservice, I'd recommend Kill la Kill.
Kill la Kill is way to overhyped
and well ecchi isn't entirely the issue .... it's the pointless fanservice
I really like 'kiss x sis' though that's borderline hentai.
The ecchie/fanservice there somewhat helps or takes a part in the story ... unlike most fanservice we get, just flashing panties or something.
I mean (and this is not badmeant) but for a lot of guys, that I know at least, the fanservice is the closest thing they have to seeing anything from a girl. Probably why they like it so much. Again not bad meant it's how I feel about it.
I checked the link and it's doesn't entirely speak to me... it seems to me like somewhat fairy tail like ... though just as the others I will note it down and check it out. Thank you for the recommendation ^^

Maybe one more thing I should add .... I like short animes (preferable 1 season or just an OVA) that goes 'straight' to the story ....
So even though I like ninjas and naruto is quite an okay show .... it's way to long with way to many pointless episodes .... like pokemon ..... than we have origins .... pokemon origins .... it's dangerous everyone I knew popped nostalgia boners everywhere

Oh and for those who have seen dog days season one
there's an episode somewhat to the end where they fight the demon ... that scene was 'dark' as well but still bright enough to know whut is going on .....


Thank you all for the recommendations, comments and overall time you took to read and response to this topic
__________________
[URL="http://neoshaiproductions.blogspot.be/[/URL]
YubelsDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-15, 08:19   Link #9
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Black Bullet has little girls who were born with a virus that causes living organisms to mutate into nasty monstrosities. Before reaching a critical stage in their mutation, they have enhanced physical abilities in the meantime.
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-15, 08:26   Link #10
YubelsDisaster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Belgium
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Student no.0 View Post
Black Bullet has little girls who were born with a virus that causes living organisms to mutate into nasty monstrosities. Before reaching a critical stage in their mutation, they have enhanced physical abilities in the meantime.
Hmmm I know that anime from somewhere .... haven't seen it though

Currently watching Utawarerumono, confused at what the precise story is but I really enjoy watching it ^^
__________________
[URL="http://neoshaiproductions.blogspot.be/[/URL]
YubelsDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-15, 08:34   Link #11
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Israel
Age: 19
I have a feeling you might take a liking to the Touhou franchise.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-15, 08:47   Link #12
YubelsDisaster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Belgium
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
I have a feeling you might take a liking to the Touhou franchise.
I actually really like touhou project
Started with the characters, followed by the games .... omg I love those XD
However I heard there isn't any anime besides from some fanmade ova kind of things. Kan-colle is somewhat similar to touhou but than with ships and such.
One of the reasons I also like Touhou is what they were, somewhat old traditional clothing though the one with the canon and her red eye-like thing on her chest is my favorite (I forget the names all the time and when I remember them I always switch them around)
__________________
[URL="http://neoshaiproductions.blogspot.be/[/URL]
YubelsDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-15, 12:35   Link #13
Utsuro no Hako
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Do you read manga? Because A Centaur's Life and Monster Musume both fit the bill, though MM might be too heavy on the fanservice for your taste (imagine a typical harem comedy and replace the main girls with a snake-woman, a harpy, and an amorphous blob).
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-15, 15:12   Link #14
YubelsDisaster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Belgium
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Do you read manga? Because A Centaur's Life and Monster Musume both fit the bill, though MM might be too heavy on the fanservice for your taste (imagine a typical harem comedy and replace the main girls with a snake-woman, a harpy, and an amorphous blob).
I do read manga once in a while and I actually have the 'everyday monster girls' manga at home ^^
that is somewhat based on an eroge so it is kind of normal to have a lot of lewd stuff in it.

When it comes to fanservice I'm really difficult .... it's just if it's like to pointless ... and have nothing to do with genre or story than it's .... well pointless
__________________
[URL="http://neoshaiproductions.blogspot.be/[/URL]
YubelsDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-17, 05:40   Link #15
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
You kinda lost me at see and don't see part...

And please don't compare Sword Art Online to other story driven shows because just as you said, side characters were non existent there along with many other problems that made me despise the show.

I think I kinda get you... well if gore/dark is not really your thing then Claymore and Shingeki might not fit.
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-17, 06:00   Link #16
YubelsDisaster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Belgium
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
You kinda lost me at see and don't see part...

And please don't compare Sword Art Online to other story driven shows because just as you said, side characters were non existent there along with many other problems that made me despise the show.

I think I kinda get you... well if gore/dark is not really your thing then Claymore and Shingeki might not fit.
you mean the part where i said when the anime is dark .....??

Also I didn't really compare sao with another anime ... I think ... I just trew it in as an example of animes that I tried to like .... but just couldn't
I mean if you look at the story it's kind of good but .... idk ... it's bad .... like the story is there but it's not worked out decently. Also Kirito doesn't change during the entire show .... he's the best ..... he stays the best ... you just know what's going to happen
and you can say just like my friend: "how can you say he didn't change? He was a solo-player and than started to care for other players" ...... that's not correct ... first thing .... that's not really changing he played alone for the others ..... he kept playing alone .... for the others .... it stayed the same >.>
__________________
[URL="http://neoshaiproductions.blogspot.be/[/URL]
YubelsDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-17, 06:38   Link #17
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Exactly my point. SAO was bad, just plain bad with lots of wasted potential.

Well if I am to go back to my recommendation:

Claymore - Clare does remain the same for most part but she does develop, both as a character and as a fighter. Being the weakest of the warriors, she does bring several surprises here and there. Manga is still ongoing.

Shingeki no Kyojin - it has a massive character cast so not everyone gets a spotlight this season. Most of character development goes to Armin, and even more with what is happening in manga now. Jean gets developed. Maybe few others a bit in this season. But if you do pick up manga, you'll see more development and story is pretty entertaining.

Kanon 2006 - been a while since I watched this one... but if you are familiar with Key works, it's pretty much same thing story and development wise.

Shiki - some characters get developed, some don't. The conclusion lacks a bit though.

Bakemonogatari - has some development though MC is pretty much the same all the way through.

Can't say there was much development in other shows...
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-17, 07:38   Link #18
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Age: 35
Would Soul Eater or Soul Eater Not qualify?

Some of the girls are "weapons" meaning they transform into weapons such as halberds, etc.
__________________

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-17, 09:43   Link #19
YubelsDisaster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Belgium
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Exactly my point. SAO was bad, just plain bad with lots of wasted potential.

Well if I am to go back to my recommendation:

Claymore - Clare does remain the same for most part but she does develop, both as a character and as a fighter. Being the weakest of the warriors, she does bring several surprises here and there. Manga is still ongoing.

Shingeki no Kyojin - it has a massive character cast so not everyone gets a spotlight this season. Most of character development goes to Armin, and even more with what is happening in manga now. Jean gets developed. Maybe few others a bit in this season. But if you do pick up manga, you'll see more development and story is pretty entertaining.

Kanon 2006 - been a while since I watched this one... but if you are familiar with Key works, it's pretty much same thing story and development wise.

Shiki - some characters get developed, some don't. The conclusion lacks a bit though.

Bakemonogatari - has some development though MC is pretty much the same all the way through.

Can't say there was much development in other shows...
ooooh .... Apperently Bakamonogatari kind of changed a lot, with the 'seasons' after that monogatari and such, I noticed while on facebook on a post apperently that it goes to fanservice quite a bit.

And I saw attack on titan, I liked it, it got and still gets quite overhyped though. Also I dislike the fact that people that aren't that into anime but than watch attack on titan and say it's the best anime ever. Also like on youtube, big channels such as smosh, teenagers react and such all of a sudden they started to be all crazy about it while I already finished it months ago ..... it's not that good. It gets to much effing hype. I have seen way better animes than attack on titan, it annoys me so much >.>

I might check the others out, like I said I note them all down ^^
__________________
[URL="http://neoshaiproductions.blogspot.be/[/URL]
YubelsDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-17, 09:44   Link #20
YubelsDisaster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Belgium
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Would Soul Eater or Soul Eater Not qualify?

Some of the girls are "weapons" meaning they transform into weapons such as halberds, etc.
I have been interested in soul eater for quite a while but just never really felt to watch it. Probably the style that's not really that appealing to me.

But at least not as bad as one piece XD
__________________
[URL="http://neoshaiproductions.blogspot.be/[/URL]
YubelsDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
anime, monster girls

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.