AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Old 2014-07-16, 17:21   Link #1
AkiraHojo

Need a good anime After I watch Choas;Head which I LOVEEE

I love choas;head its such a good anime after watching steins gates and discovering myself through rintauro okabe I felt like it was fate watching that series then again I watched chaos;head which I'm steadily finishing I started watching it at 6 am Nashville time and its now 5 o'clock here The fact is I need a new anime to watch after I don't want clannad or Higaruashi I want some really nitty gritty psychological one maybe even to the point of it only has a raw out I prefer dubs dont get me wrong besides that one I watched Little Busters! why did they make that voice actor the one who also did ghost stories Idk his name he played the one with the glasses in the dub play such a brute it doesn't make sense it ruins it and I prefer dubs Id rather watch a Moshidora anime adaption then that I digress I want something that grabs you from the begining like Mawaru Penguin Drums visuals and I dont want to be recommended to something everyones already watched so help Plz? Possibly? Maybe? One you day off when you sifting through the recycle bin? in between taking out the trash Cherry on top help a brother out?
"I have but one main goal usher in the future to eradicate ignorance once and for all bringing in a golden age of technological proportions discarding this flawed world of rejection and disappointing results in projection of how the future would be deemed by eras past and previous " The ever Elusive and Eccentric AkiraHojo

I did take bathroom pictures to make quick defaults. I use my real face cause I'm exceedingly proud of my interests. - AkiraHojo
AkiraHojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-16, 17:32   Link #2
Juicyyuuji

i'm going to guess you are new to anime right? I have a few suggestions from the top of my head that you'll like because of the entertaining characters

the devil is a part timer
kill la kill
no game no life
high school of the dead(you might have seen it)
guilty crown
blast of tempest
psycho-pass
angel beats
mirai nikki aka crazy yandere bitch

I don't know but I always found english dubs very plain
Old 2014-07-16, 18:07   Link #3
AkiraHojo

No actually Im a veteran since toonami and adult swim when it crossed over into the two thousands the japanese released late 80s early 90s junk like Inyuasha Yu Yu Hakasho all that good shit can I cuss on these forums if not scuse me Sh** Ive watched every single one of those animes No Game No Life about the brother and sister mirai nikki aka crazy yandere bitch THAT ONE GOOD ONE I never heard of it Ill watch the trailer I like the english dubs because Ima native english speaker and I have on a usual day 3 windows 18 tabs in each window open and I like to follow it by hearing it it makes it easier so I dont have to translate for example フリークシテ which is katakana for internet I have to mentally translate it not being my native tongue is all THATS A GOOD ONE tho

WELL you said bitch so I MUST be able to cuss on here So like is she into yandere is it like a romance dude Those are cool too

I LOVED KILL LA KILL I cried at the end of it when Ragyo professed Ryuko carried her willI thought it was beautiful that she could overcome that I cried she was so passionate and strong in her resolve

And I had JUST came off Angel Beats which I BALLED when they all found out why they were there and how to leave I BALLED it was so beautiful I thought it would be so dumb shounen it was so overhyped I had to watched it must like Kill la Kill all these people who DONT EVEN truly like anime or are a veteran like Iam were watching it I just waited till it ended I also like completed series so I can watch I shouldve mentioned that maybe why I haulted viewrship of no game no life till it was compelted so I could go back and watch the WHOLE thing in one sit down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgqLYBCDS SO I watched it a trailer right is it like that anime with the survivalist cell phone Future Diary OHH IT IS FUTURE DIARY Ive already seen that too COME ON SOMEBODY HOOK A EMPEROR UPPP IS that a trick NOT COOL NOT FAIR Mirai Niki is just future diary watching the thumbnail I thought it was about osme pink haired psycho bitch who sets people up via cellphone it kinda is shes not main protagonist
"I have but one main goal usher in the future to eradicate ignorance once and for all bringing in a golden age of technological proportions discarding this flawed world of rejection and disappointing results in projection of how the future would be deemed by eras past and previous " The ever Elusive and Eccentric AkiraHojo

I did take bathroom pictures to make quick defaults. I use my real face cause I'm exceedingly proud of my interests. - AkiraHojo

Last edited by AkiraHojo; 2014-07-16 at 19:19.
Old 2014-07-16, 18:25   Link #4
Juicyyuuji

mirai nikki is basically battle royale with some supernatural added to it. you should create an account on myanimelist.net so you can keep track of what you watched and currently watching. you know there are subs right?
Old 2014-07-16, 20:53   Link #5
AkiraHojo

Yeah Mirra Nikki or 未来日記 or Future diary Ive already seen it some God that looks like a bird I knew within two seconds like I said I thought it was some psycho chick like a anime tank girl but a manipulative serial killer variety all decked out in military gear in a hole controlling many people to kill each other so she doesn't have to its the basis of future diary The winner he decides not to kill hes all lovie dovey woovey its a good anime its short too otherwise I may have not finished it It wasn't engaging

Ive already exercised that option What I did was I switched it up and used this as a basis to get a prompt response which I did and I THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR instead of waiting for days I think Ill help some people with some code or something computer related being that I am a certified computer scientist Maybe even wait around for the summer one to end Since Ive viewed all of the spring line up the good stuff at least I wasn't really into the new yu gi oh or the new installment of the never ending one piece that also came out I'm not restrained by only new ones there's some really good old ones like Parasite Dolls

Old 2014-07-17, 06:26   Link #6
kitten320

So I take you want something dark/psychological/ and maybe emotional?

Ok let's see...

Serial Experiments Lain - I have hard time rating this one... the style is unique and maybe slightly confusing but it is 100% psychological show. There were time when it bored and times when it fascinated me. A complicated one.

Ga-Rei Zero - dark action series with emotional ending. Series have weird episode order though. They start in the future and then go back to the past. So basically they kick off with lots of action and suspense and then go back into peaceful past and gradually explain what happened that lead to what we saw at the start and then conclusion.

Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom - dark, kinda psychological series about assassins.

Psycho-Pass - another dark series with some psychological themes. More action heavy.

Aoi Bungaku Series - set of small separate stories that focus on different topics, kinda psychological and dark.

Baccano! - maybe? Dark, engaging with some comedy elements. Entertaining and unique way of story telling. What might seem as useless scenes at first, eventually become part of bigger picture.

Berserk - will be surprised if you haven't seen it by now same as Death Note.

Fate/Zero - has pretty much everything you want.

Great Teacher Onizuka - old, more comedy based but covers some important topics and is really engaging.

Jigoku Shoujo - episodic series about Hell Girl that will fulfil your revenge for a price, your soul.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica - despite cute art style, series are dark with variety of psychological topics. Might not believe me, but there are some similarities with Steins;Gate.

Monster - young surgeon saves a boy and years later finds out that the boy turned into a serial killer. MC gets suspected in murders and feeling responsible he goes out to hunt the killer down.

One Outs - a sport anime but very unique. Main character uses brain, tactics and mind games to win his games, not physical strength.

Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin - series are based around several friends that befriended each other in prison. Series follow their hardships while in imprisonment and out. Lots of different topics have been covered.

Since you mentioned Angel Beats... how about Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo and Kokoro Connect?

Seirei no Moribito - great series with excellent story, very different from most animes. Story is about female bodyguard that is forced to protect young prince from his own father emperor, who wants him dead.

Shiki - maybe? Series kinda start to challenge your morals towards the end as in who is a real monster of the series?

Shinsekai Yori - I think this could be to your liking, fully psychological and is divided in 3 arcs. Characters grow as series progress. They start as young kids and end up fully grown up.
Just to warn you, there is a bit of yuri/yaoi later on but it is not the main focus and there is a reason for that.

Zetsuen no Tempest - kinda unique series about two friends who get involved in the business of magicians while trying to find out who murdered their sister/friend.

Hope you'll find something to your liking.
All of these shows were released a while ago so I would expect dub to be out by now, at least for most of them.
Old 2014-07-17, 15:29   Link #7
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Robotic;Notes has also been created by the same people who made Chaos;Head and Steins;Gate.
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-24, 00:14   Link #8
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
I also highly recommended Steins;Gate. Best VN adaptation in the recent year. Though Robotic;Notes was a bit weak in story in comparison in my opinion.
The opening poster watched it already.
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote